Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,568 members, 7,850,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

How To Make Ayamashe! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ayamashe! (559 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Ayamashe! by biyiwyle(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2019
Hello friends, Hope you enjoyed my ofada Rice preparation?

Kk, let's deal with the sauce aspect. The ofada sauce (ayamase) is a rich and improved form of fried stew that can be easily done to go with ofada Rice specifically.

It can be taken with refined rice, yam etc. From experience, I have realised there are two types of ayamase,

The green type and the red type. I was a bit confused at first because because what I grew up eating is the red local rice sauce

However, in the course of my culinary journey, I was being presented with a green sauce also called ayamase.

Basically, the difference between the two is the generous use of green bell pepper in the first and red bell pepper in the latter.

It's not that the finished product of the green type is green but not as red in colour as the latter.

There are also two signature processes that forms the ofada sauce.

Process 1
The Palmoil to be used is bleached for like 10minutes. This can be done by excessively heating the Palmoil until the red colour fades.

Just make sure the pot is covered or get a smoke extractor.

Process 2

This is the generous or normal use of locust beans (Iru) which characterise the ayamashe smell and taste.

INGREDIENTS

¤ Green/ Red bell pepper

¤ scotch bonnet (ata-rodo)

¤ Locust beans

¤ seasonings

¤ salt

¤ onions

¤ assorted meats(cow tripes intestine, hearts etc)

¤ Crayfish

¤ Boiled Eggs

Prep time
(25-30) minutes

Step1.

Wash very well, Season and boil your assorted meat, Set aside... Read all @

http://www.caterbakes.com/2017/08/the-making-of-ayamasheofada-sauce.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Ileya Ram In Lagos. / Increase in food prices: Who exactly is regulating the price? / How To Make Barbecue Spice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.