Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya (20406 Views)

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses / Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by delerx(m): 12:57am On Jan 13, 2019
Boko Haram people. Bye
enemyofprogress:
Maiduguri in borno state
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by mirexxx(f): 1:10am On Jan 13, 2019
emeraldsky67:

Hello dear. I heard about it too from a friend and it has been paying me so far. Check their website to know more about the platform
I have registered. I was asked to pay the sum of 20,000 to a person's account. 20k being the investment amount I'm to pay within 5 hours and i clicked the I can't pay icon and my account was blocked immediately. I'm scared they'll scam me.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by seguno2: 1:10am On Jan 13, 2019
TwoBottles:
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt.

Starting with Buhari, who agreed to the statement
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Flattino(m): 1:11am On Jan 13, 2019
seguno2:

Starting with Buhari, who agreed to the statement
Sharrap
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Flattino(m): 1:12am On Jan 13, 2019
mirexxx:
I have registered. I was asked to pay the sum of 20,000 to a person's account. 20k being the investment amount I'm to pay within 5 hours and i clicked the I can't pay icon and my account was blocked immediately. I'm scared they'll scam me.
It’s a scam
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by mirexxx(f): 1:22am On Jan 13, 2019
emeraldsky67:

Sis, they are real and paying. No need to be scared okay.
hmm. Alright. So you just registered on NL today? And you're posting appexhaven investment promo or whatever. Are you their agent?
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by gabolak(m): 1:34am On Jan 13, 2019
PHILipu1:
Lol.
The truth is that the CJN was part of PDP and Atiku Dubai plan.

They were hoping to bribe him and other judges through Wike if the 2019 election petition get to the supreme Court.

Confusion now in PDP and Atiku camp.

Buhari camp had an insider in their Dubai meeting.

I think there is a sensible point in that your theory that there was a Buhari's mole in that Dubai meeting.

The leaked plan and this move against the cjn is the aftermath effect of the suspension of the pdp national vice chairman for anti-party activities recently. the man later defected to the apc.

politics na whaooo

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Olawalesmarter(m): 1:42am On Jan 13, 2019
i honestly don't understand how this country work..... We want corruption to end but we cry fowl anytime when someone is surfering for being corrupt ...... even if Buhari is behind it... let them face and dance to the music.... it would serve as a Great lesson to others and it would be a very big step ... How many of them have gone scot free? Just because of being on the favourite side of politics? Let them suffer it this time ....

1 Like

Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by sonofElElyon: 2:02am On Jan 13, 2019
Your use of the word "lacuna" is wrong please. Lacuna means void, empty space or gap. "There is now a moral lacuna" is what you should have said. The CJN is not supposed to have a moral lacuna in the first place.

However, he should step aside, because he longer possess the moral lacuna to preside over cases involving corruption at the Supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Kingspin(m): 3:14am On Jan 13, 2019
obailala:
Politics is a game, a dirty game where people dig up dirt on others and use it to fight their perceived enemies whenever it suits their purpose. There's nothing undemocratic about that except the person being played is actually innocent/free of dirt.

If you dont want to be a victim, you have to be very careful to conceal all your skeletons very well, or better still, have no skeletons at all. The CJN goofed big time by making such a careless error. If his enemies want to use this his error against him, there's nothing undemocratic about that; it's just politics.
I understand our politics have never benefit the country or the people. To build road is politics, to build school is politics our politics is the real devil to our system.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by DrThanos: 4:42am On Jan 13, 2019
mirexxx:
hmm. Alright. So you just registered on NL today? And you're posting appexhaven investment promo or whatever. Are you their agent?
better flee... It's ponzi. Pay to another account ko
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Joyrise: 5:06am On Jan 13, 2019
kahal29:
The Executive Director, Anti-Corruption and Research-Based Data Initiative, Mr Dennis Aghanya, said the Presidency has no hand in the petition against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.

Reacting to insinuations that the petition was sponsored by President Muhammadu Buhari, Aghanya told one of our correspondents that he also took Buhari to court in 2011.

He also said the CJN had already owned up to the allegations brought against him in the petition.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone Saturday night, Aghanya said, “Did you not know that I once took Mr. President to court in 2011? I used to be one of his aides but I took him to court.

“This is a petition by an NGO, what has Mr. President got to do with it?

“People are just trying to avoid a major issue. Our concern is to unveil irregularities.

“People should not try to politicise the good work we are doing.

“The person the petition was written against owned up to everything. In issues of this nature should we be sentimental or do we face facts?”

Aghanya added that he will convene a press conference on a yet to be determined date over the development.

https://punchng.com/presidency-has-no-hand-in-petition-against-onnoghen-aghanya/

That is the point. The person in question has owned up. So y the shout about policizing every thing to get support of the CJN at the election. The writer of the petition has come out openly to say he did. PDP should face election and how to get people to vote for them and not tell the govt how to run their duties or who to appoint until they win and get to power again.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Joyrise: 5:09am On Jan 13, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Your use of the word "lacuna" is wrong please. Lacuna means void, empty space or gap. "There is now a moral lacuna" is what you should have said. The CJN is not supposed to have a moral lacuna in the first place.

However, he should step aside, because he longer possess the moral lacuna to preside over cases involving corruption at the Supreme court.

Exactly the reason the writer raised the issue. Just that the timing is a bit wrong. But its better late than never because such person can not give right judgment in corruption cases. May be real reason most corruption cases by FG has been lost especially saraki's several cases. So politician can deposit dollars into his foreign account without public knowing about it.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Joyrise: 5:13am On Jan 13, 2019
gabolak:

I think there is a sensible point in that your theory that there was a Buhari's mole in that Dubai meeting.

The leaked plan and this move against the cjn is the aftermath effect of the suspension of the pdp national vice chairman for anti-party activities recently. the man later defected to the apc.

politics na whaooo

Guy, u just said the truth and nothing but the truth. Wike controls the supreme court thru Odili's wife and PDP will hardly loss any election case if the CJN remains on seat. Its better they remove him now. Thank God his guilty and has said it himself.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by femmy2010(m): 5:19am On Jan 13, 2019
MadamExcellency:
The presidency has no hand in the petition but the Presidency is here and there crying and trying to force the suspension of CJN even before the case is adjudicated.

We hear you. Always thinking that we all are zombies

The man in question has not come out to deny the allegation,why are you taking paracetamol for another person pain.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by kanosalami: 6:19am On Jan 13, 2019
kahal29:
The Executive Director, Anti-Corruption and Research-Based Data Initiative, Mr Dennis Aghanya, said the Presidency has no hand in the petition against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.

Reacting to insinuations that the petition was sponsored by President Muhammadu Buhari, Aghanya told one of our correspondents that he also took Buhari to court in 2011.

He also said the CJN had already owned up to the allegations brought against him in the petition.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone Saturday night, Aghanya said, “Did you not know that I once took Mr. President to court in 2011? I used to be one of his aides but I took him to court.

“People are just trying to avoid a major issue. Our concern is to unveil irregularities.

“The person the petition was written against owned up to everything. In issues of this nature should we be sentimental or do we face facts?”

Aghanya added that he will convene a press conference on a yet to be determined date over the development.

https://punchng.com/presidency-has-no-hand-in-petition-against-onnoghen-aghanya/
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by kanosalami: 6:29am On Jan 13, 2019
kahal29:

Reacting to insinuations that the petition was sponsored by President Muhammadu Buhari, Aghanya told one of our correspondents that he also took Buhari to court in 2011. You expect us to believe this nonsense.

Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by bkool7(m): 6:51am On Jan 13, 2019
MadamExcellency:
The presidency has no hand in the petition but the Presidency is here and there crying and trying to force the suspension of CJN even before the case is adjudicated.

We hear you. Always thinking that we all are zombies

The facts of this case are conspicuously spelt out but ur likes are only concern about the sentiments.

For those saying the Fg is in a rush.
A crime had been dictected , what should the Fg wait for
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by bkool7(m): 6:57am On Jan 13, 2019
Shampoo77:
You once sued Buhari! Then what happened? Did you succeed in removing him or send him to prison? Foolish fellow.

Removing him from where? This happened in 2011

Someone exposed an irregularity and to you he's a foolish fellow.

Guess who's foolish?
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by MadamExcellency: 7:32am On Jan 13, 2019
bkool7:

The facts of this case are conspicuously spelt out but ur likes are only concern about the sentiments.

For those saying the Fg is in a rush.
A crime had been dictected , what should the Fg wait for

Gosh !

No crime has been dictated because there is no evidence of fraud or unlawful enrichment.

Did CCB gave him a form to update his assets declaration after the tenure and he refused?

Remember, he declared his assets correctly but what we are talking is an update.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by MadamExcellency: 7:35am On Jan 13, 2019
femmy2010:

The man in question has not come out to deny the allegation,why are you taking paracetamol for another person pain.

We are not talking of the allegations, we are talking of the presidency denying involvement and trying to usurp the power of the judiciary by circumventing the process Judicial Officer is prosecuted.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by congorasta: 8:15am On Jan 13, 2019
Praktikals:
The average Igbo is a crook by nature. They are fraudulent by default. I spit on their flat head. 4+4 is dole

of cos they are,,but the are living fine,

doing their business and earning large,

so grow up and mind your own business
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:17am On Jan 13, 2019
IBO is[sub][/sub] a tribe of dirty workers .if you need any dirt work done you can always get[sup][/sup] one at a price
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by danot1030: 8:46am On Jan 13, 2019
SuperS1Panther:
CJN forgot to declare $700,000 and some funny people are still justifying it.

We should be ashamed of ourselves for losing complete sense of what is just and right.

No wonder Yahoo Boiz and Kidnappers and Exam Cheaters have taken over our nation.

You are absolutely right bro, i become concerned whenever i see our youths allow sentiment to overwhelm their sense of judgement to drum support for evil just because they don't like a person, tribe or party
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by livelymatilda22: 9:20am On Jan 13, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Abeg close and go home small girl .. Where have you ever seen me lying ?
Old man, even your fellow #10 per post miscreants know that you are the greatest liar and supporer of corruption among them.
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by Lumig: 9:32am On Jan 13, 2019
SuperS1Panther:
CJN forgot to declare $700,000 and some funny people are still justifying it.

We should be ashamed of ourselves for losing complete sense of what is just and right.

No wonder Yahoo Boiz and Kidnappers and Exam Cheaters have taken over our nation.
Gba! You can now see that we are part of the problems. To say the truth is the problem for most Nigerians
Re: Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya by enemyofprogress: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
delerx:
Boko Haram people. Bye
I will pay for the courier service

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Remands Abdulrasheed Maina In Kuje Prison / Assent To North’s Exit Request For South East, Ohanaeze Tells FG / Bashir El-rufai: Tinubu Is The Most Important Factor In APC's 2015 Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.