Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Olota Threatens To Mobilise Awori Against Lagos APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olota Threatens To Mobilise Awori Against Lagos APC (3598 Views)

Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin / Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota / Ambode: Why The War Against Lagos Gov Is Not Yet Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Olota Threatens To Mobilise Awori Against Lagos APC by Viergeachar: 8:01am On Jan 22, 2019
prolog2:
"crownless king" ? You actually believe you have made sense ?
To the rest of humanity, a chief is a guy whom is higher than commoners, in other words a noble. But since Yoruba live in an imaginary world, everything is different for you guys. Queen Elizabeth is a chief, prince Charles is a chief....All nobles are chiefs.

You just keep exposing your dullness.

Not all chiefs are nobles.

As far back as Bible times we had kings and chiefs. So calling Queen Elizabeth (a female king) a chief is the height of stupidity.

And yes, not all kings wear crowns. They are called Baale in Yoruba land.

Who are you to tell Yorubas how to name their nobles
Re: Olota Threatens To Mobilise Awori Against Lagos APC by Viergeachar: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2019
Konquest:

grin... I ignored the uninformed troll by not
responding to him. I love the way you folks
brilliantly took him head on without faltering!

Before the arrival of Oranmiyan and his entourage
from Ife amongst the Bini, there rulers where called
OGISOS and NOT Obas. The current Oba of Bini on
the day of his coronation speech clearly stated that
Oranmiyan was the first Oba of Bini but he did
not stay long before returning to establish the
great Oyo Empire. The Oba Ewuare's speech can
still be read online. I actually ordered for a copy
of Vanguard the day after Oba Ewuare's coronation
because it is a historic event.

I read an article from the current Oba of Ido-Ani in
Ondo State (He was a senior army officer in the 1960s
who had earlier been informed by Major Kaduna
Nzeogwu about the planned first coup when they
were in India on a course but he rejected it when
Nzeogwu told him they planned to kill people) who
said Ani was a cousin/relative to Oranmiyan... and
when Oranmiyan went back to Ife, Ani also left Bini and
settled in what is now Ido-Ani.

So I wonder what some people gain by revising
history and falsely saying that Oba is not Yoruba
or that the Ijebu are not Yoruba when even the
Ijebu also claim an Ife migration!

Olu317 can give more details about this Ife-Bini
history to anyone because he is a part of Ife royalty.

Bini took some rites from Ife into their Royalty
and for centuries right up to the 1910s, the heads
of the Obas of Bini were usually buried in Ife.
These are the things that the guy who claims he
is from Edo is ignorant about. I don't think there is
anything to be ashamed of because even the British
Royalty of today is German. King George 1 came
to assume the Kingship of England and could ONLY
speak German at the time!

I hope this helps!
Cheers!

Thank you my brother.

If you see the way the guy was running riot in the Ooni thread ehn

His claim to Benin greatness begins and ends with sculptures. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Olota Threatens To Mobilise Awori Against Lagos APC by Konquest: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2019
Viergeachar:

Thank you my brother.

If you see the way the guy was running riot in the Ooni thread ehn

His claim to Benin greatness begins and ends with sculptures. Nonsense!
^^^^^
^^^^^
grin... Yes I now remember the guy from the thread you talked about.
I don't know where the guy get's the negative energy for typing unverified
facts from... he must be on some kind of cheap synthetic steroids. grin

How can he say "Oba" is a word of Bini origin when Oba Ewuare 11 himself
said in his speech that Oranmiyan was the first Oba of Bini followed by
Oba Eweka and that he is the 40th Oba in the Oranmiyan/Eweka Dynasty.
Some of these people just don't read functional historical books and
articles!

That is how one revisionist goon [after smoking weeds or something, embarassingly went about
falsely claiming online that Ibos are the aborigenes of Abeokuta and that Ijebu-Igbo are Ibos
and it went viral. I agree... and I have known this since the early 1990s that there are similarities
in a few words in Yoruba and Ibo, but this is CLEARLY as a result of the Igala [A yoruboid language
with direct links with Idoma language as well] influences on Northern Ibo groups like the Nri who
have Igala ancestry among them in Enugu/Anambra axis, etc. Infact the current Attah of Igala
His Royal Majesty, Dr. Michael Idakwo Ameh Oboni, said his Igala people came partly from
Wukari[Jukun] in present-day Taraba State and merged with a significant group of Yoruba
and Bini people with some Ibo.

~~~~~~
~~~~~~
Is the oracle consulted to determine the person that would become the king from a dynasty?

When the coronation ceremony starts properly in Idah, they will go to the burial ground and carry nine Ifa priests
in the night, and all the priests would stay and do their divination to see how the Attah’s reign would be...

Would you mind telling us the origin of the Igala people?

"Talking about the origin of the Igala people, a sizeable group migrated from Wukari in Taraba State from where they came to Benue along the River Benue and continued very close to the confluence at a place called Amagede by River Benue and slightly down from Amagede downwards to Idah and they settled there. And there, they met a sizeable population of the Yorubas and the Benins and to some extent, some Igbo. So the migrant population from Wukari merged with them and produced a language called Igala as a people."

Source: https://punchng.com/im-first-attah-in-igala-history-with-one-wife-ameh-oboni/
Published August 26, 2017
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Words such as Ifa in Yoruba and Afa in Ibo, Okuta in Yoruba and Okute in Ibo, Egungun in Yoruba
and Egwugwu in Ibo, Ewure in Yoruba and Ewu in Ibo, Akuku in Yoruba and Okuko in Ibo, Ewa in Yoruba and
EGWA/AGWA as beans in Igala and Ibo... could ONLY have found there way in through the Igala landbridge
separating the Yoruba/Igala in the present Kogi State, and Anambra/Enugu states.

In actual sense, Ijebu-Igbos say they migrated from Ijebu-Ode, while Abeokuta was
settled by Egba immigrants from Ibadan... with Owu migrants as well! These guys don't even
have a comprehensive history of their ethnic groups and just try to STEAL
other peoples' histories. From my knowledge of history, Yorubas don't practice osu, kingship system,
the cultures relating to marriage, inheritance of property by children, style of dressing at the turn
of the century [Ibos were dressed half-nake.d while Yoruba were fully clothed and made quality cloths
and textiles for several centuries and had a powerful Oyo Empire while the small tribes that made
up what is now Ibo were in small republican settings] and more, clearly show that there is
NO direct ancestral link between the Yoruba and Ibo.

"500 years of Igalas in Enugu"
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/500-years-of-igalas-in-enugu.html

http://okakachi.994507.n3.nabble.com/THE-BOND-BETWEEN-THE-IGALA-AND-IGBO-ETHNIC-NATIONALITIES-OF-NIGERIA-SOME-HISTORICAL-FACTS-td3208192.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igala_Kingdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prize For Anybody Who Can Guess Where This Mansion Is / Hon. Uche Ogbuagu Defects To APC / Why Hasn't EFCC Questioned Peter Obi About Abuja And Port-Harcourt Malls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.