|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,594,922 members, 6,019,589 topics. Date: Friday, 27 November 2020 at 07:07 PM
|12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by EternalBeing: 9:21am On Jan 13, 2019|
We are here on Earth to show that we value/deserve the eternal Life that is awaiting us and to prove that we shall not allow anything to come between us and our Great CREATOR. The worst vice preventing most of the youths of this generation from living victorious holy life is the sin of lust/immorality. Many indeed want to live their lives to please the great Creator but this weakness in the flesh has smashed them to the floor too severally whenever they try to stand in the Spirit of Holiness. I have a good news for you, it is still very much possible but the devil doesn't want you to know or believe this. The greatest mistake anyone could make is to give up on striving for Holiness and to permanently surrender to weakness, sin or satan. We all relentlessly and endlessly strive to improve financially, educationally, mentally and materially. Why do some get easily deceived to senselessly give up on improving morally/spiritually? If you can believe just a little, you are 90% victorious. All you need to do is to be sincere enough and put in the little effort of daily reading and meditating on the likes of Scriptures below. Start today, and you'll be amazed at how Holy Spirit would reward your sincerity with unprecedented spiritual strength and power. The strengthening Scriptures:
1. Roman 6:14a "For sin shall not have dominion over you" (The Sun and the Moon HE set in place has not fallen, HIS Words does not fail. HE has decreed it, so, don't let satan deceive you that you can't be Holy)
2. Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your.
3. 1 John 2:16 - "For all that is in the world - the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life - is not from the Father but is from the world."
4. Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart diligently, for everything you do flows from it."
5. Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (You must fiercely sieve and watch the thoughts you allow into you mind)
6. James 1:14–16 —“Choosing sin will only destroy me.” Just a reminder for those moments when sex seems so harmless and casual.
7. Jeremiah 29:13. And ye shall seek ME, and find ME, for ye shall seek me with all your heart.
8. 1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body."
9. I John 2:1–2 —“My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins — and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.”
10. 1 Corinthians 6:15–20 "Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never!… Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
11. II Timothy 2:22 —“Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.”
12. Colossians 3:5"Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry."
29 Likes 9 Shares
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by EternalBeing: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2019|
13. Job 31:1 "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman".
14. Matthew 5:27–30 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right-hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell."
15. 1 Thessalonians 4:3–5 "For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God."
16. 1 John 2: 16 "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father, but is of the world."
17. James 1:14–15 "But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully grown, brings forth death."
18. Galatians 5: 16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."
19. Psalm 119:9–11 "How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."
20. 1. 1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
21. Matthew 26:41 —“Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
22. Psalm 119:37 - "Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."
23. 1 Corinthians 10:13 -"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
24. Ephesians 3:16 -"...that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being."
25. Ephesians 3:20 -"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us."
26. Ephesians 6:11–13 "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
27. Philippians 4:8 - "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
28. Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
29. Proverbs 6:25 - "Do not desire her beauty in your heart, Nor let her capture you with her eyelids."
30. Proverbs 23:26 -"My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways."
31. 1 Corinthians 6:18 -"Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body."
32. Galatians 5:16 - "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."
33. Romans 12:1–2 -"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is his good, pleasing and perfect will."
34. Romans 13:12–14 -"The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh."
35. Isaiah 41:10 —“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Just so you know, you can rely on God’s strength to help you overcome temptations.
36. Psalm 119:9 —“How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.”
In your fight to overcome lust and porn addiction, the above Bible verses are great but you also need to know who you are. You are have been saved and resurrected with Christ. You are a new being, which means you do things differently now. With the help of the Holy Spirit, discipline yourself, know your triggers and do whatever it takes to avoid them. Get an accountability partner and keep reading the Bible in order to renew your mind. Psalm 119:11 says, "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."
Doing all of these things goes a long way in changing you from the inside out and helping you overcome this addiction.
36 Likes 9 Shares
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by justmykel(m): 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2019|
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by namiji2598: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2019|
is like u DNT know how konji operate abi
24 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2019|
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by hopefulLandlord: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2019|
I don't think reading from a book written by ignorant goatherders who had no idea where the sun went at night can cure pornography addiction.
13 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Homeboiy: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2019|
so I should not look at Gods beautiful creatures
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2019|
Wetin you talk....... bible no dey cure lust na self discipline I don read bible tire I still dey do watch am full season full episode
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 07, 2019|
What's wrong with Masturbation tho? , it's safer than actual sex and even more pleasant in many situations
Brace yourselves keyboard warriors are about to start quoting.....
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by lakesguy(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2019|
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Iruobean(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2019|
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by AntiWailer: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2019|
You dnt need Bible to conquer pornography.
You need to be practical.
You need a job.
You need to be busy.
You need to avoid any where u will be alone.
You need to have a goal u are pursuing or a target.
At every point in your life make sure u are chasing something or something is chasing u.
37 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by seunmohmoh(f): 8:24am On Apr 07, 2019|
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by ifyalways(f): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2019|
Have your Pastors seen those passages?
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Bacteriologist(m): 8:28am On Apr 07, 2019|
Or let's list the number of contradictions in the Bible before we use it as a therapy tool
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by BenzEne1(m): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2019|
Is masturbation sinful or not ?
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by daplousboi: 8:33am On Apr 07, 2019|
really inspiring...... Thanks for dis. may d good Lord help us all��
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by TheMainMan: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2019|
Thanks... GOD bless
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Kirchhoff01(m): 8:38am On Apr 07, 2019|
BenzEne1:Oh Not again!
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by pillarmaria(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2019|
God bless you OP...... may God give us the grace to steer clear of Occasions of sexual Immorality.
Many destinies have been crippled due to fornication and adultery and the biggest weapon the devil is using to wage the war is Ignorance, the Devil never wants us to know the real evil behind Sexual immoralities.
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Analog95(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2019|
This one na mumu post. The op doesn't know what he is doing. please forgive him.
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by rinzaugustine: 8:42am On Apr 07, 2019|
Jesus’s name is the greatest name in the entire universe
7 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by Oluwakaysblog55: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2019|
Honda Accord Baby Boy For Sale In Bodija Ibadan
The care is clean and the engine works perfectly well.
Ac is perfectly okay.
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by dirtydiva(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2019|
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by BenzEne1(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2019|
Lol. I'm a Muslim. I just want to know.
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by mgdimagaladima(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2019|
Vaseline crew no go like this
Our body is a temple Of GOD we have to keep it holy
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by sacajawea: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2019|
Nothing to conquer abeg
|Re: 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography by munas: 9:00am On Apr 07, 2019|
Thanks for this....it came at the right time
3 Likes 1 Share
HIV+ Male Prostitute At T.B Joshua's Church: "I Had Sex With Several Men" / Winners Chapel Pastor's Wife Whose Womb Was Removed During Surgery Gives Birth(p / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120