Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) (36995 Views)

We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by BabaO2: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Niorte:

Keep wailing!!!

Let me ask you again....If Sanwo olu and Tinubu differ on an issue of development or project execution, will Sanwo-olu has the effrontery to follow his belief as against the wish of his paymaster?

I am ashamed that Lagos state, the bride of all Nigerians has a weakling as a Governor. In case you don't know, Sanwo olu has been cornered and made to sign many documents that can implicate him should he wants to prove stunt like Ambode.

Lagos state will only experience true freedom and independent until a new party emerges...not necessary PDP
You know nothing, I don't need to join issue with you. This is a debate, all questions must come from the panel/moderator not from co-debater.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Ajibel(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
naptu2:

I think that was JK Randle.

(Some people had said that JK Randle was too old to contest)

Fashola said that the problem with JK Randle was not his age, but the age of his ideas. grin

Sir, you've killed me tonight

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

iCan't stop laughing.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by VolvoS60(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
Revealing debate. I didn't know the FOI legislation excludes financial matters - I will need to fact check Mr. Gbadamosi's assertions.

This is the time to extract specific promises from politicians - promises to which they should and must be held acountable. But will Nigerians insist on this? This thread has just 6 pages so far. That in itself speaks volumes - there are football threads running into 100+ pages within 1 hour - on this same NL!

A people get the leadership they deserve.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by somehow: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
And can LG manage schools? something they can't even build.
naptu2:

Yes. That's what he said.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by naptu2: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
BabaO2:

You know nothing, I don't need to join issue with you. This is a debate, all questions must come from the panel/moderator not from co-debater.

They gave the contestants one opportunity each for rebuttal. Sanwo-Olu used his and Agbaje also used his.

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by homosapien(m): 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
If I have my pvc I think I will be given Mr Gbadamosi my vote. The guy was actually the better Candidate tonight.

I never expected less from Sanowolu Performance because he has been a part of the government for over a decade so he has access to information to privy to other candidates.

I really wish Gbadamosi can win though. How ever, if wishes were horses, beggars will ride.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Ajibel(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
I think old age is catching up with Jimi Agbaje. He was far from impressive today.

My own ranking

Gbadamosi
Sanwo-olu
Agbaje
Salis

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Mike4S: 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jarus:
Politics/Leadership
Gbadamosi 5/10 - 2nd
Sanwo 7/10 - 1st
JK 5/10 - 2nd
Salis 4/10 - 3rd
Correction The 3rd place candidate according to you should be 4th in position

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by CanineOfJackal: 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jarus:
Politics/Leadership

Gbadamosi 5/10 - 2nd

Sanwo 7/10 - 1st

JK 5/10 - 2nd

Salis 4/10 - 3rd
Take your head put of Tinubu are for once. You are just defending him here thru Sanwo Olu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by VolvoS60(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mr. Owolabi Salis has become a figure of fun grin but sometimes the simplest messages are the important ones.

The man kept hammering on 'returning the commonwealth to the people from the hands of one man' and getting rid of the 'violence brigades'. And he has a point. Remember Lagos state legislators and their attempt to legislate Alpha Beta Consulting as a permanent revenue collector (into perpetuity!)? And people think this is normal. One man prospering at the expense of generations unborn. undecided Remember the mindless violence at the Ikeja APC rally a few days ago? And people think this is normal. Normalizing thuggery. undecided Is that the so called 'progressive' 21st century politics?

People had better wake up.

12 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by justfash50: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
I just laugh with some unrealistic solutions peddled by some candidates at the debate today.

It is very clear that their preparation is in doubt with the data and information reeled out to the audience.

1. Gbadamosi seems to have ideas but many are unrealistic I.e like solving power by letting Lagos state generate power by itself. Does he understand the spectrum or value chain to regulations at all, the legal frameworks will not allow this.

2. Agbaje. He seems to have waned with his unsuccessful contest in the last 14years , he is not bringing ideas that would shape or displace what we know. New ideas lacking

3. Salis surely not our type in Lagos state.

4Sanwo olu. Clearly shown he has exposure, competence , core knowledge of Lagos state and the skills required of a leader to take Lagos to greater height.

Sanwo Eko is the best amongst them all

9 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Starpro87(m): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
VolvoS60:

Revealing debate. I didn't know the FOI legislation excludes financial matters - I will need to fact check Mr. Gbadamosi's assertions.

This is the time to extract specific promises from politicians - promises to which they should and must be held acountable. But will Nigerians insist on this? This thread has just 6 pages so far. That in itself speaks volumes - there are football threads running into 100+ pages within 1 hour - on this same NL!

You may be right, but remember we are taking about a state out of many here.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Pinkyhubb: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Watch Lagos Gubernatorial Debate. Jide sanwoolu Speaking...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COTWya7BBI4
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Jarus(m): 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mike4S:

Correction
The 3rd place candidate according to you should be 4th in position

Thx
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by eazriel09: 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
justfash50:
I just laugh with some unrealistic solutions peddled by some candidates at the debate today.

It is very clear that their preparation is in doubt with the data and information reeled out to the audience.

1. Gbadamosi seems to have ideas but many are unrealistic I.e like solving power by letting Lagos state generate power by itself. Does he understand the spectrum or value chain to regulations at all, the legal frameworks will not allow this.

2. Agbaje. He seems to have waned with his unsuccessful contest in the last 14years , he is not bringing ideas that would shape or displace what we know. New ideas lacking

4Sanwo olu. Clearly shown he has exposure, competence , core knowledge of Lagos state and the skills required of a leader to take Lagos to greater height.

It is very obvious that you are a member of the ruling party. The trio of Sanwo, Jimi and Gbadamosi had a good debate but the fact that Gbadamosi is the best tonight can't be denied.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by eazriel09: 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2019
That Mr Oranmiyan(Sali) could only be governor in States like Osun he is far from being intelligent, baba is just letting us know he has traveled half the word
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by deolu2000(m): 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
The question here is simple, which election has been won on the basis of the quality of the facts, figures and performance of the contestants during all previous debates? non that I can remember, the reason for this is simple, it is because the majority of the electorates are the less informed and are only guided in their choice by the candidates with the highest giveaways during the electioneering. the informed electorates don't vote in this country, all we so is rant on social media, so these debates are mere entertainment sessions and it does not determine a thing.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Melian(f): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
BabaO2:
I believe Victor oladokun is not just fair to sanwoolu but unnecessarily fronting agbaje's interest. Agbaje forgot part of his questions, he helped him out, not only that sanwoolu did very well and mentioned so many things, he allowed agbaje to interrupt him and he also allowed him to cross examine sanwoolu. That is a biased handling.

I'm glad for it. Sanwo olu squashed and thrashed him.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by caprini1: 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
liricaliblunt:
If only a debate could be won through debate in Nigeria as it is seen in saner climes.

If only we could adapt a new electioneering method: vote for your candidate through your mobile phones/ laptops based on your perspective of each contestant?

Then Gbadamosi would be the next Governor of Lagos!
But they will fault this idea based on " the illiterates will be disenfranchised?
Exactly......the Gbadamosi man is a thorough bred,but unfortunately Nigeria politics is not by knowing what to do.....just like the young presidential candidate ,Chike Ukaegbu,he knows most of the nation's problems and offered sound solution,but honestly,he can't get up to 10 votes,out of 80 million registered voters.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Youngsage: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
eazriel09:
That Mr Oranmiyan(Sali) could only be governor in States like Osun he is far from being intelligent, baba is just letting us know he has traveled half the word

grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Youngsage: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jarus:
Politics/Leadership
Gbadamosi 5/10 - 2nd
Sanwo 7/10 - 1st
JK 5/10 - 2nd
Salis 4/10 - 4th
Haaa Oga Jarus iz the same debate that we watched now, Sanwo can't be 1st oh! Gbadamosi clearly took it.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
VolvoS60:

That is the problem yet many youth still depend on prayers to change things

1 Like

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by kometpuvo(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
Lagos Decides debate...... I want to appreciate covenant christain center for partnering to bring this to the people. Dr. VICTOR OLADOKUN...... was on key as the moderator.
My expectation as regards the debate should be issue based, timely response, measurable indices and sustainable solutions to issues raised. For these reason I expect all candidates represented to put on their thinking cap.
I would want to see/read your plans/programmers for the state.
I would want the candidates to provide workable solutions to problems on ground already.
I would want to know how the candidate plan generate revenue to match their plan/programme.
How would the candidates execute their plans and how do assess their performance within a reasonable time frame.
For me, this would give a picture of who means well for lagos state.

Let the debate begin.......
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by thatigboman: 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
Agbaje beat that gbagada mental patient hands down. God bless JK, the next governor of Lagos.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by thatigboman: 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jarus:
Politics/Leadership

Gbadamosi 5/10 - 2nd

Sanwo 7/10 - 1st

JK 5/10 - 2nd

Salis 4/10 - 4th
u are very economical with d truth. Dont know u to be nairaland resident BMC.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Wapchrist1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
Do you know u can save yourself stress and Energy by coming to Aspanda Plaza Trade Fair for your Toyota And Lexus Spare parts and Accessories by calling Gold-Link Autoventure for your high Quality products such as Brakes and rotors , Shock Absorber and pad, Rack and Barron Cylinder, Fuel pump etec 08033854704 .
Deliver to ur destination is our Moto!!!
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2019
justfash50:

You are too biased.Gbadamosi is better of than all the candidate

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Online4u: 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
[LIVE] Lagos State Gubernatorial Debate 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncPGSriA4s
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2019
deolu2000:
The question here is simple, which election has been won on the basis of the quality of the facts, figures and performance of the contestants during all previous debates? non that I can remember, the reason for this is simple, it is because the majority of the electorates are the less informed and are only guided in their choice by the candidates with the highest giveaways during the electioneering. the informed electorates don't vote in this country, all we so is rant on social media, so these debates are mere entertainment sessions and it does not determine a thing.
Things are changing. It is a pity many educated persons on this forum are fighting over PDP and APC aspirants. The moderators are not left out because many of them have soft spot for the major aspirants. No wonder they are biased in moderating this forum
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by otokx(m): 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
It is unfortunate that debates in Nigeria is an academic exercise. Gbadamosi and Sanwo Olu were above average in performance today.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
caprini1:
Exactly......the Gbadamosi man is a thorough bred,but unfortunately Nigeria politics is not by knowing what to do.....just like the young presidential candidate ,Chike Ukaegbu,he knows most of the nation's problems and offered sound solution,but honestly,he can't get up to 10 votes,out of 80 million registered voters.
That is the problem the masses are not educated enough.Many Nigerians are not enlightened while those that are do not care who becomes their leader.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by theenchanter: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
Its always easier said than done..... once they get there, they'll face many unforseen challenges.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women Reject Money Given To Them To Vote For A Political Party In Anambra (video / Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / PDP’s Fubara Wins Rivers Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.