Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) (37040 Views)

We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Lavoca: 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
justfash50:
[s]Ijust laugh with some unrealistic solutions peddled by some candidates at the debate today.

It is very clear that their preparation is in doubt with the data and information reeled out to the audience.

1. Gbadamosi seems to have ideas but many are unrealistic I.e like solving power by letting Lagos state generate power by itself. Does he understand the spectrum or value chain to regulations at all, the legal frameworks will not allow this.

2. Agbaje. He seems to have waned with his unsuccessful contest in the last 14years , he is not bringing ideas that would shape or displace what we know. New ideas lacking

3. Salis surely not our type in Lagos state.

4Sanwo olu. Clearly shown he has exposure, competence , core knowledge of Lagos state and the skills required of a leader to take Lagos to greater height.

Sanwo Eko is the best amongst them all[/s]
You should have just ignored other candidates and go straight to campaigning for Sanwo olu so that Thiefnuubu can continue to milk Lagos

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by johnie: 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
naptu2:

They said that it'll be on radio, but I haven't heard any radio station that is covering it. They are all broadcasting the football match

Thanks
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Konquest: 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2019

1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by deolu2000(m): 11:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
asuustrike1:

Things are changing. It is a pity many educated persons on this forum are fighting over PDP and APC aspirants. The moderators are not left out because many of them have soft spot for the major aspirants. No wonder they are biased in moderating this forum
I believe things are changing like you said, but I tell you, only a few of the electorates are going to cast their voted without the bias for party and the giveaways they receive from politicians. To those people, debated matter less but more of self gratification is what they are guided by or what decides for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by naptu2: 3:25am On Jan 14, 2019
BBC Yoruba Service Lagos Governorship Debate.

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by naptu2: 5:38am On Jan 14, 2019
jayson87:
GBADAMOSI GUY who is he really

I remember him. He was an aspirant in PDP in 2011 and 2015. He also spoke well when he was campaigning to be the PDP candidate in 2011, but the ticket was given to Ade Dosunmu.

I didn't hear much about him in 2015, except for when he arrived at the primary wearing a bullet proof vest. Apparently, he was right to wear a bullet proof vest because there was violence at the primary (between Obanikoro's camp and Agbaje's camp).

His uncle was Rasheed Gbadamosi (the youngest commissioner in the history of Lagos) and I think his grandfather was the legendary S.O. Gbadamosi (SOG).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by saheedandu(m): 7:32am On Jan 14, 2019
How I wish we can all come together to vote gbadamosi or agbaje guy's.. am a lagosian by both parents and I can tell u dat it won't happen if tinubu is still alive.. dat man owns Lagos and he's bought anybody dat matter's.. even any youth making waves is approach and bought.. but for sure am not voting sanwo and BUHARI for sure and i have my pvc not just a ranter

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by caprini1: 8:25am On Jan 14, 2019
asuustrike1:

That is the problem the masses are not educated enough.Many Nigerians are not enlightened while those that are do not care who becomes their leader.
What will those that are enlightened and educated do bro? When they are busy paying off loans granted them by their offices for their cars and houses and what have you grin
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by justfash50: 8:36am On Jan 14, 2019
Lavoca:
You should have just ignored other candidates and go straight to campaigning for Sanwo olu so that Thiefnuubu can continue to milk Lagos

You virtually know nothing about GOVERNANCE I can bet that. Governance is not only about abstractions alone but more importantly with grounded actions.

Every body can have vision for Lagos state but without solution driven programmes which can only be actualized by concrete and practical steps. This is the substance that is lacking in the solution reeled out by Mr GBADAMOSHI . On his plan, he has not factored the stakeholders and he clearly lacks understanding of these issues he claim to solve.

Governance is more of grounded actions and not abstractions, do you know what it takes to negotiate with stakeholders and the legislators. Power issue is more of legal frameworks and not will of the state GOVERNMENT. Do yourself a favour, educate your self well on these sectors

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 14, 2019
saheedandu:
How I wish we can all come together to vote gbadamosi or agbaje guy's.. am a lagosian by both parents and I can tell u dat it won't happen if tinubu is still alive.. dat man owns Lagos and he's bought anybody dat matter's.. even any youth making waves is approach and bought.. but for sure am not voting sanwo and BUHARI for sure and i have my pvc not just a ranter

I doubt it if u know d history of how lagosians love tinubu till today

As u said ur parents are from Lagos go and ask Dem

They will explain to u better

Good morning

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by mfm04622: 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
justfash50:
I just laugh with some unrealistic solutions peddled by some candidates at the debate today.

It is very clear that their preparation is in doubt with the data and information reeled out to the audience.

1. Gbadamosi seems to have ideas but many are unrealistic I.e like solving power by letting Lagos state generate power by itself. Does he understand the spectrum or value chain to regulations at all, the legal frameworks will not allow this.

2. Agbaje. He seems to have waned with his unsuccessful contest in the last 14years , he is not bringing ideas that would shape or displace what we know. New ideas lacking

3. Salis surely not our type in Lagos state.

4Sanwo olu. Clearly shown he has exposure, competence , core knowledge of Lagos state and the skills required of a leader to take Lagos to greater height.

Sanwo Eko is the best amongst them all

As per the State generating her own power, it is now allowed
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by justfash50: 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
mfm04622:

As per the State generating her own power, it is now allowed

Oga put your source and not just comment.

It has not been established for your information.

We just allow politicians to bamboos us with information without fact checking same.
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by mfm04622: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
justfash50:

Oga put your source and not just comment.

It has not been established for your information.

We just allow politicians to bamboos us with information without fact checking same.

You will have to get source yourself.

I heard this from Fashola, the Minister himself. The law has been amended. Not only states now, but private investors can generate and sell to a specific area. They call then captive. It is already being done. First phase was the solar in some schools. The second phase is the solar in some markets. Sokoto state government did diesel powered generation under the scheme. No politician is bamboozling me. I don't have a link, but this is what has been happening

1 Like

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by Melian(f): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
What time is today's debate na?
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by liricaliblunt(f): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2019
caprini1:
Exactly......the Gbadamosi man is a thorough bred,but unfortunately Nigeria politics is not by knowing what to do.....just like the young presidential candidate ,Chike Ukaegbu,he knows most of the nation's problems and offered sound solution,but honestly,he can't get up to 10 votes,out of 80 million registered voters.

And someone will say we don't need a bloody revolution . Are we to continue with this every election period. Side- lining those who can revamp this country for the better?
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by caprini1: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
liricaliblunt:

And someone will say we don't need a bloody revolution . Are we to continue with this every election period. Side- lining those who can revamp this country for the better?
The big question is ,who is going to lead the revolution,void of ethnic and religious sentiments?
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by naptu2: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by meccuno: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lavoca:
grin grin grin

Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by DisGuy: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
Does anyone know the reason for SanwoOlu's rebuttal? was he angry Gbadamosi mentioned Alpha Beta or Mr Salis keeps saying the commonwealth of the state is with an individual?

The debate was very good but a bit too formal
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by DisGuy: 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
Anyone watched the IMO state debate? chei chei cheiiiiiiiii I watched just 2 minutes of it
Re: 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) by naptu2: 5:56am On Jan 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours / President Buhari And His Wife Cast Their Votes / Hadiza Balarabe's First Day In Office As Kaduna Deputy Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.