Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

How Women Are Bought In Nigeria | By Olamide Tejuoso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Women Are Bought In Nigeria | By Olamide Tejuoso (333 Views)

Peter Obi Shows The Documents Of His UK £1M House He Bought In 1996 At 35 (Video / Your Son Has Returned - Tejuoso Makes U-turn As Buhari Meet Senators In Villa / Senator Lanre Tejuoso Denies Decamping To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Women Are Bought In Nigeria | By Olamide Tejuoso by thoughtT: 11:53am On Jan 13, 2019
This is one year to start getting serious … (I know we’re not thinking the same, so do not assume anything).

I mean, it’s 2019 and we’re at a sensitive and determining season in Nigeria where we get to wield our power of choice. 4 years is no joke, e dakun. However, only few are equipped with that weapon. With my skinny (but fine) legs, I found my way to Bodija market, in Ibadan, last week to get some foodstuff, in order to withstand the strokes of hunger.

So that’s how one politician like that blocked the road with cars and buses as he campaigned to the poor market women. The men were barely distracted and continued with their business but the noise romanced the women’s emotions. They had no intellectual breastplate to ignore the charm of the campaign rants. Empty promises – as expected.

Few minutes passed and the young politician only waved empty hands at the expectant women who almost loosened their wrappers to pledge their support and excitement for the party in public daylight o .
“Omo n lahun tiii…”, one of them concluded later. “To ba je Penke ni, ahh….. Another said.

Money politics is no stranger to them… “Owo lo le shey”, the woman who was selling garri to me screamed too loudly for my small ears. I was going to leave her in anger but I decided against it.

Read more:
https://newpostng.com/2019/01/12/how-women-are-bought-in-nigeria-by-olamide-tejuoso/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Former CSO, Egbetokun Appointed As New Lagos Acting CP / Kwara: I’m The APC Candidate Known To INEC, Says Abdulrazaq / Governor Okorocha To Be Expelled From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.