Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You (31279 Views)

Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / Men Beware! Long Sex May Kill You! / This Horrific Instant Skin Bleaching Method Could Kill You (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Chuksteric(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerians put their lives at risk in a lot of ways. One of the many ways is taking non-prescription drugs.

On a hot day , I took a bus. Whilst waiting for the passengers to come on board, I saw some men hawking some drugs and then I saw people buying drugs from them. They asked "Aboki you get TM? " He nodded and looked round, dipped his hand in his box and handed it to them. It was really sad to see that drugs which were supposed to be controlled, where flooding the streets . In this article, I will be highlighting the downsides of buying drugs from street hawkers. The reasons are enumerated below.

Improper storage of drugs.

Most people buy drugs without knowing much about them. Buying a drug from a reputable pharmacy however, protects you from buying drugs that may have not been properly stored . Some drugs require room temperature , whilst some need to be refrigerated . The street drug hawker has little or no knowledge on the storage of drugs and may eventually sell you a bad drug due to bad storage of the drug.

They may be fake

Most drugs sold on the streets or drugs being hawked, are not regulated and this causes a lot of worries as we do not know how they source for their drugs. Most hawkers get expired drugs, repackage it and sell to the public at ridiculously cheap prices. That drug on the road is most likely fake .

They lack proper dispensing knowledge
Most drug hawkers have no knowledge on drugs and have no idea as to how it reacts to the body. They give drugs without knowing the prior medical condition of the person they are selling to. They lack knowledge on the side effects of the drugs. They can cause a lot of problems to you. For example, drugs with sodium are not good for hypertensive patients , most analgesic are acidic and triggers ulcer . Some people react differently to drugs that contain sulphur.
Drugs are poisons and must be used with caution. Always seek professional advice and always buy your drugs from reputable pharmaceutical companies. Always check out for the expiry date , Nafdac number and confirm with the pin if you're in doubt . Stay safe!

https://thestericadventure..com/2019/01/that-roadside-drug-killer-can-kill-you.html

8 Likes

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by dominique(f): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
Do such still exist? Certainly not in Lagos, I've not seen them in years

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Tunasco4u(m): 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
OK

1 Like

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Techguyz(m): 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
kiss

1 Like

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by englishmart(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
��� That's how I told one roadside fake chemist that I needed some drugs for malaria, and he gave me Cimetidine. ���

9 Likes

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
That's how my sister went to buy Worm drugs from s man inside bus. Na God no let her die. She learned her lesson after that.

5 Likes

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by toprealman: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
These guys will kill both the infective organism and the host ...you!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Lancelotx(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
hian...pepu dey try o
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by jerryunit48: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:
It simply means you are not in Lagos

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Waakanda: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
What about those "agbo" sellers cheesy

11 Likes

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Expensive2000(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
A mango tree does not worry when the Orange tree is producing fruits in its season. When you see me sitting in a restaurant without food on my table don’t feel pity for me, I am waiting for my order. When your season comes, nothing will stand in your way., The slow movement of a Lion doesn’t show weakness or tiredness but rather calculated steps to get it’s prey… Never bother how fast people are moving. Move at your own pace and trust God to see you through. Remember its not how fast you build your house but it’s how firm and strong your house will be when the storms come. Good things come to those who wait. Have a blessed and lovely Sunday

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by chloride6: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
They can also save you...

Who for sell Postinor 2 on Credit for me?

Thank God for hawkers ooh...

5 Likes

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by beethoven: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
In saner climes where I live, you cant buy any non-otc drug from a registered pharmacy without a prescription from a certified doctor, let alone buying from a street hawker. And we are still hoping for a better Nigeria? We go hope tire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by BigIyanga: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:
How about Agbo and trad med hawkers??
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Techguyz(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:

They sell postinurs and all sort of anti pregy sruffs
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Oblongata: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:
no be lagos be dia headquarters?

Just try enter molue, your eyes go full...

Na so one talk the other day say him drug dey cure typhoid, syphilis, gonorrhea, Hiv, diabetes, etc, only one drug o...
Come see as the man lean come get tortoise head

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by slawomir: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Isoright
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Lexusgs430: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Let them keep buying and keep dying...... It might be another form of population control..........

1 Like

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by jericco1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
see boobi
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Say no MMM
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Very informative.. I can never put my life at such risk
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by rockyh(m): 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:
it's most likely u are either in the island or u are always in ur private car
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Fuckmytoto(f): 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
DEHVEHLOP:
Only in igbo land you see the unimaginable shocked

Even this one below happened in abia, aroshuku precisely..

A
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by consultancy: 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:
lagos is their headquarters. go to Alakoro market, ebutero, idumota, balogun, jankara, all those traders there patronise them daily for painkiller medicines

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by 34webers(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
dominique:
Rockyh is very correct. Once in a while, come to the mainland and step out of your car as you visit the underlisted places before coming to embarrass yourself here. angry

consultancy:
lagos is their headquarters. go to Alakoro market, ebutero, idumota, balogun, jankara, all those traders there patronise them daily for painkiller medicines
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Maket: 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
englishmart:
��� That's how I told one roadside fake chemist that I needed some drugs for malaria, and he gave me Cimetidine. ���

One gave me laxis instead of one catarrh drug simply because the wrap are the same.
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by JJOF(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
Them still dey hawk drug again? Na wa o. I neva hia dat wan b4 o.
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
Waakanda:
What about those "agbo" sellers cheesy
You be Eggon abi??
Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by kayboy4y(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mobile Doctors

1 Like

Re: That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You by martineverest(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
seriously,I really pity those people that buys drugs from roadside sellers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aljazeera Undercover Investigation Exposes Fake Doctors In Nigeria (video) / Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women / 7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.