Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals (12813 Views)

Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record / Messi Scores 2 Goals In 2 Minutes, Extends Lead In Europe Golden Boot Race / Lionel Messi scores his 600th goal for Barcelona (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
tesppidd:
Midfielder?
Ronaldo a midfielder?
Maybe he plays in the midfield of the opponent's 18 yard box. That's the only midfield he plays!!!

Bittch, Ronaldo is nothing but a penalty box footballer.
Take that!

You really need to compare your DNA with Lai's.

Am sure they match!

was Ronaldo a forward from 2002 to 2008? Under mourinho's 4231 formation with one forward(benzema/higuain) did he play as forward or as an attacking midfielder? It seems you started watching football 2013 or thereabouts.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

was Ronaldo a forward from 2002 to 2008? Under mourinho's 4231 formation with one forward(benzema/higuain) did he play as forward or as an attacking midfielder? It seems you started watching football 2013 or thereabouts.
2002 to 2008 Ronaldo was a right winger/right forward who cut into the box and get goals.

2005 to 2008 Messi was a left winger/left forward who cut into the box and get goals.

2009 to 2018 Ronaldo was a left sided forward who always drifted to the 18 yard box and choke Benzema's/Higuain's space.

Anybody who does not know that Ronaldo was always running into Benzema's space as the striker, is either naive or ignorant.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
tesppidd:
2002 to 2008 Ronaldo was a right winger/right forward who cut into the box and get goals.

2005 to 2008 Messi was a left winger/left forward who cut into the box and get goals.

2009 to 2018 Ronaldo was a left sided forward who always drifted to the 18 yard box and choke Benzema's/Higuain's space.

Anybody who does not know that Ronaldo was always running into Benzema's space as the striker, is either naive or ignorant.

Undersabi.
A winger is defined as a NON-DEFENDER who plays primarily at the left/right flanks!
A winger can be a Left/Right Midfielder(LM/RM), a left/right attacking midfielder(LAM/RAM), or a left/right wing forward(LWF/RWF).
So basically a winger can either be a midfieldere or a forward.
Ronaldo played as LM/RM in ferguson's 4-4-2 and as LAM/RAM in pellegrini/mourinho's 4-2-3-1 before becoming a LWF in ancelotti's 4-3-3.
Messi on the other hand started as LWF to a RWF under riijkaard's 433 and 3-4-3 then a CF in guardiola's 4-3-3.
And pls don't get me started on his false 9 role. Your role is limited by your postion.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Undersabi.
A winger is defined as a NON-DEFENDER who plays primarily at the left/right flanks!
A winger can be a Left/Right Midfielder(LM/RM), a left/right attacking midfielder(LAM/RAM), or a left/right wing forward(LWF/RWF).
Ronaldo played as LM/RM in ferguson's 4-4-2 and as LAM/RAM in pellegrini/mourinho's 4-2-3-1 before becoming a LWF in ancelotti's 4-3-3.
Messi on the other hand started as LWF to a RWF under riijkaard's 433 and 3-4-3 then a CF in guardiola's 4-3-3.
And pls don't get me started on his false 9 role. Your role is limited by your postion.
I think am this back and forth!

Ronaldo is a penalty box footballer! PERIOD!

BY THE WAY

You have succeeded in ducking the main point of this argument but I won't let you!

Call it LAM ooh
RAM ooh
Whatever!

Nothing and I repeat Nothing is excuse enough for Ronaldo having played 152 more games than Messi but only scoring 36 goals more.

You're now clutching on straws!

It's simply a very big gulf in class.

No explanation or excuses can account for 152 more games with just 36 more goals.

Even as the midfielder you call him and he still has fewer career assists than Messi.

Enough with the excuses.

Sock it in!
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Undersabi.

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
tesppidd:
I think am this back and forth!

Ronaldo is a penalty box footballer! PERIOD!

BY THE WAY

You have succeeded in ducking the main point of this argument but I won't let you!

Call it LAM ooh
RAM ooh
Whatever!

Nothing and I repeat Nothing is excuse enough for Ronaldo having played 152 more games than Messi but only scoring 36 goals more.

You're now clutching on straws!

It's simply a very big gulf in class.

No explanation or excuses can account for 152 more games with just 36 more goals.

Even as the midfielder you call him and he still has fewer career assists than Messi.

Enough with the excuses.

Sock it in!
Again, your comparison is only valid if and only if they both played as forwards all their careers, which isn't true.
And if you are counting by OPTA's definition of assists forwards get more assists that midfielders.
BTW opta states assists, keypasses are heavily dependent on performance of the shot takers not the passers. So assist is just am EVENT DATA not a PERFORMANCE DATA(which should be used to compare players, learn the difference)
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Again, your comparison is only valid if and only if they both played as forwards all their careers, which isn't true.
And if you are counting by OPTA's definition of assists forwards get more assists that midfielders.
BTW opta states assists, keypasses are heavily dependent on performance of the shot takers not the passers. So assist is just am EVENT DATA not a PERFORMANCE DATA(which should be used to compare players, learn the difference)
lol,

You're just so pathetic!

So the narrative you want to press now is that Ronaldo played as a midfielder?
You want to tell us he wasn't playing as an attacking winger in Alex Fergusson' s line up?

Stop lying to save face.
Ronaldo has never played away from the final third be it at man u or madrid.
At madrid he became a penalty box player.
All his career he has played closer to the goal than Messi.
He should have better goal stats than Messi.
But he just isn't as good!

Ronaldo is now a midfielder?
Hehehehehe.
I am sure the goal stats I posted are very well embarrassing.
You have to resort to telling bare-faced lies!

But still,
That should never be an excuse for getting only 36 more goals to Messi in 152 more games?

Abeg just cover your face in shame jare'

You have no argument.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
tesppidd:
lol,

You're just so pathetic!

You want to tell us he wasn't playing as an attacking winger in Alex Fergusson' s line up?

Stop lying to save face.

Hehehehehe.

But still,
That should never be an excuse for getting only 36 more goals to Messi in 152 more games?

You have no argument.

between me and you, who is posting false information. So posting youtube thumbnails is a proof of anything. You get brain at all?
Yes, Ronaldo started as a midfielder. Plain 442 formation has no space for attacking midfieders. They only exist in 4231,4312,4321 formations. So ronaldo played as a left/right midfielder in a four-man midfield which is much deeper than right attacking midfielder or any forward position whatsoever.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

between me and you, who is posting false information. So posting youtube thumbnails is a proof of anything. You get brain at all?
Yes, Ronaldo started as a midfielder. Plain 442 formation has no space for attacking midfieders. They only exist in 4231,4312,4321 formations. So ronaldo played as a left/right midfielder in a four-man midfield which is much deeper than right attacking midfielder or any forward position whatsoever.
So you have never heard of a 4-4-2 which switches into a 4-3-3 from time to time?
Your football knowledge is limited.

You think these formations are cast in stone?
So you don't know that in the course of a game formations so change?
Tweaks are made?

Ronaldo was known for his runs and step overs in the final attacking third at man u.
that was his trade mark.
more than enough opportunities to get him goals;
no excuses!

Messi played as a right winger from 2005 to 2008.
Messi played as a false 9 from 2009 to 2012.
Messi played as a right winger/ midfielder from 2013 to 2019.

Ronaldo played as a left winger/left attacking midfielder from 2002 to 2008.
Ronaldo played as a right winger/striker from 2009 to 2019.

They have played in positions very very very fair enough to compare their goals and assists.

No Excuses, No lies!

A perfect example;

2009 champions league final line up:

Manchester United played a 4-3-3 formation.

4 - 3 - 3.

Park - Rooney - Ronaldo
Anderson - Carrick - Giggs
Oshea - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

Stop lying and making excuses!
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
tesppidd:
So you have never heard of a 4-4-2 which switches into a 4-3-3 from time to time?
Your football knowledge is limited.

You think these formations are cast in stone?
So you don't know that in the course of a game formations so change?
Tweaks are made?

Ronaldo was known for his runs and step overs in the final attacking third at man u.
that was his trade mark.
more than enough opportunities to get him goals;
no excuses!

Messi played as a right winger from 2005 to 2008.
Messi played as a false 9 from 2009 to 2012.
Messi played as a right winger/ midfielder from 2013 to 2019.

Ronaldo played as a left winger/left attacking midfielder from 2002 to 2008.
Ronaldo played as a right winger/striker from 2009 to 2019.

They have played in positions very very very fair enough to compare their goals and assists.

No Excuses, No lies!

A perfect example;

2009 champions league final line up:

Manchester United played a 4-3-3 formation.

4 - 3 - 3.

Park - Rooney - Ronaldo
Anderson - Carrick - Giggs
Oshea - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

Stop lying and making excuses!

4-3-3 and 4-4-2 do not have space for attacking midfielders.
Ronaldo playing as as forward for united were exceptions rather than the norm. Park and Ronaldo played as forwards may be due to injuries or other problems with berbatov and tevez so 433 was probably the other suitable formation with available players. Sometimes formation is shaped by the avilable players and type of opponents.
Ferguson certainly used 442 more than 90% of the time with Ronaldo as a midfielder and nistelrooy, rooney, saha, berbatov and tevez as forwards.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

4-3-3 and 4-4-2 do not have space for attacking midfielders.
Ronaldo playing as as forward for united were exceptions rather than the norm. Park and Ronaldo played as forwards may be due to injuries or other problems with berbatov and tevez so 433 was probably the other suitable formation with available players. Sometimes formation is shaped by the avilable players and type of opponents.
Ferguson certainly used 442 more than 90% of the time with Ronaldo as a midfielder and nistelrooy, rooney, saha, berbatov and tevez as forwards.
big fat lie.

Ferguson used a front trio of Ronaldo Van Nistelroy and Rooney a whole lot of times.

It's a shame he played 152 more games with only 36 more goals.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
tesppidd:
big fat lie.

Ferguson used a front trio of Ronaldo Van Nistelroy and Rooney a whole lot of times.

It's a shame he played 152 more games with only 36 more goals.

oya show the games he played 433
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by tesppidd: 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

oya show the games he played 433
It seems like you don't have work and you want to drag me with you!

So you mean to tell me that Fergie's 4-4-2 formation is the reason why Ronaldo has 668 goals in so many as 932 games while Messi has 632 in only 780 games?

Wow!

That's rich!

Enjoy your foolhardy!
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Corrosiveman(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
This Ronaldo fans Sef eh..........A lot of legends has proclaimed messi as the G.O.A.T........so sad penaldo cant complete two dribbles in a match in Turin soon he will fade off like the sands of the sea......Its clear that he needs penalty to survive over there ........
Please don't quote me if you know nothing about football

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
tesppidd:
lol,

You're just so pathetic!

Stop lying to save face.

Hehehehehe.

But still,

You have no argument.

Currently Ronaldo is 24 career goals ahead of Messi.
Check wikipedia for players with 500 goals or more.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Not forgetting that Ronaldo played his first 150+ league games as a midfieder compared to messi who has been a forward all his career.

He was never a midfielder.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
Cyoung4real:
I don't understand why some people compare Messi and Ronaldo. Messi plays for one club scored 411 for Barca and 81 goals for Argentina. But Ronaldo plays for Sporting 3 goals, United 84 Goals, Real 311 gaols, Juven (curently) 14 goals. Portugal 103 goals.

Messi scored 65 goals for argentina, Ronaldo has scored 85 goals for Portugal.....forgive me for correcting u, I mean it's nairaland....ur free to say incorrect sh!t. LOL! grin
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
Blazebond:
Indomie generation can sabi shout greatest of all time ehn,una sense for football too shallow,i pick maradona over messi anytime anyday,as for pele,he is simply the greatest ever,messi aint even better than johan Cruyff and as far as i am concerned,messi is at the aame level with Cristiano ronaldo,argue with yourself if you wanna argue.

Johan cryuff....I bet u watched all he's matches back in the day, ur a cryuff fan all of a sudden. Congrats bro. Don't let hate kill you.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Corrosiveman(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
For some people saying Ronaldo was a midfielder remember in 2008 he won the best forward award......Dont let hate kill you
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
EmekaBlue:
change club messi make we feel u fr anoda league xpecially EPL

U stopped feeling him when ronaldo left for juve, he's loyalty to barca was not a problem for u when ronaldo was at Madrid. Don't be blinded by fear of Messi's greatness... He's goin to do amazing things this season, he's started already...just enjoy him or leave him for Barca fans to "feel". He has nothing to prove to u.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
braveboy64:

make him leave na to proof us wrong

After 5 balon dor's, u still think he's trying to prove something to you. Lol, how do u guys reason?
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
perdollar:
one footed, one clubbed and one leagued dwarf.

He's right footed goals is more than Willian's career epl goals, he's loyal to fc Barcelona, he's 5ft 7inches tall(average height)....Pele was 5ft 8inches.....lol, u guys r just silly on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Airhuncho(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
Cyoung4real:
Ronaldo is still the G.O.A.T

I swear ur a legend, 450 laliga goals for Ronaldo....You didn't even think, or browse to be sure before posting this crap. U need to deactivate ur acct. This is a disgrace, I swear I feel bad for u.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
Airhuncho:

He was never a midfielder.
obviously you don't know who a midfielder is.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
Corrosiveman:
For some people saying Ronaldo was a midfielder remember in 2008 he won the best forward award......Dont let hate kill you
kaka won the best forward award in 2007 while playing as an attacking midfielder for ac milan.
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Corrosiveman(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

kaka won the best forward award in 2007 while playing as an attacking midfielder for ac milan.
RONALDO FAN BOYS SAYING HE PLAYED AS A MIDFIELDER IS A BIG FAT LIE
Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Evangkatsoulis: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
Corrosiveman:

RONALDO FAN BOYS SAYING HE PLAYED AS A MIDFIELDER IS A BIG FAT LIE

my point is that although KAKA won the uefa best forward in 2007 he was an attacking MIDFIELDER in ancelotti's 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 formation.
Ronaldo was clearly a midfielder in ferguson's 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 formations, unless you do not know the meaning of a midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Scores 400th La Liga Goals by Ayobami7(m): 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inter Milan Appoints Former Chelsea Manager, Antonio Conte As Head Coach / Djokovic Wins Roland-Garros / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.