Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

My Experience With A NANISS (bida Chapter) Executive - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With A NANISS (bida Chapter) Executive (380 Views)

Zenith Bank In Bida Niger State Is Hell / Aftermat Of Bida Market Burnt, Trader Hange To Trade / Bida Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A NANISS (bida Chapter) Executive by cho25bc(f): 4:47am On Jan 14, 2019
I didn’t want to post this before but I’ve been pushed to the wall and I detest cheating and outright fraudulence. So I’m coming out to share this story so that others can learn from me and be careful when transacting business online with strangers.

On the 27th of November, I saw a message on a whatsapp group from Yusuf Abdulahi Alhajj (picture below) special assistant to Dauda Gabi on official matters and linkages, the NANISS Bida chapter (Polytechnic, Bida) president. He asked for an event proposal writer and I contacted him privately. He said the event is a sport competition and cultural heritage display coming up in March. He wanted a proposal that will be sent to prospective sponsors.

We negotiated about my fee and I did the job for him. I sent the proposal to him on the 2nd of December last year via his whatsapp, along with my account details.

When I sent the proposal file,he wasn’t online then so I waited till the next day. But to my shock,Abdulahi blocked me without saying a word neither did he pay my money. I waited for almost 2 weeks but he didn’t pay and he didn’t unblock me.

So I used another whatsapp number to chat with him, threatening to deal with him if he didn’t unblock me and pay me. So out of fear, he responded and unblocked me on the 14th of December. But when he did,he said his phone was stolen and returned to him all the while I thought he ran away.

I calculated the days from which he said he got his phone back and I realized that the time his phone was returned (if truly it was stolen in the first place) didn’t correlate with his excuse. By then, it was already 27th November so his phone had been restored to him. How come I was chatting with someone else even when he got his phone back? And how come the thief blocked me from his whatsapp? How come he was with his phone when I used another line to chat with him? How come his whatsapp dp was still the same he blocked me and after he unblocked me? His dp didn’t change and he responded to my other whatsapp chat few days after I reached him through it.

I asked for my money,only for him to tell me that NANISS will not be able to pay me immediately until later because the issue of his stolen phone costs the association a lot of damages. He even lied that he didn’t have the proposal I sent so even if his association would pay, it would be out of pity for me if truly I did the work, but not because I truly did the job.

He asked me to resend the work if I was sure I did it so that he would be convinced and I resent the proposal as evidence. Since then, he had been coming up with different excuses. He said he’s broke so he would pay when he has the money. But till now, almost 2 months, he had not paid neither is he showing remorsefulness.

I sent a message on the 3rd of January that he should pay at least N2000 out of the money and leave the rest (the total fee is N3000). Abdulahi read my message but didn’t respond till date. I later discovered that he posted a message on his Nairaland account that same day. His Nairaland monika is Ajihustle.
Im even more pained because I also reported him to Dauda Garbi, the naniss Bida president. He apologized to me,promised to look into the matter and pay me in December,but till now,he has not paid and has gone silent on me since then. It’s obvious that both of them are not ready to do the right thing.

Ive attached the screenshots of the key parts in my chats with Abdulahi, during and after the transaction.

Im not telling you this so that you can do something about it but I just want you to be aware that NANISS Bida chapter is dining with some dubious and inhuman characters, so be careful if you want to deal with them. Im sure that if they get sponsors for that sport and cultural event which Abdulahi asked me to work on, they will loot the money among themselves. How can a official adviser/assistant on special matters and linkages be so full of deceit? Yet he’s still there as an executive? His dishonest characteristics and the nonchalant attitude of his president, Dauda Garbi, are reflections of what their cabinet must be like. They can’t be trusted.

Be careful of them. And if you know them in person, please tell anyone of them that I’ve left them to God and if they continue like this, judgement await them. No wonder Nigeria is so full of corrupt leaders and devilish youths. Are these our so-called leaders of tomorrow? It’s a big shame.

I also want to advise business men and women reading this. Whenever prospective clients come up on the social media,ensure they pay at least half of your money before you deliver, especially if you are offering a service. So in case they abscond after you finish their works, you won't lose in two ways. That was my mistake with this guy. I waited till I was through with the work before asking for money so he got the chance to cheat me in two ways.

Thanks for your time. God bless you.

Note: NANISS is the association of Niger State students.

Re: My Experience With A NANISS (bida Chapter) Executive by cho25bc(f): 4:48am On Jan 14, 2019
More
Re: My Experience With A NANISS (bida Chapter) Executive by sunnymix: 5:56am On Jan 14, 2019
Are you a girl...

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Marketing: How To Become A Social Media Marketer In Ekiti / Please Help Me I Mistakly recharge My Line With 9k via ussd / Four Most Important Reason Why People Buy Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.