Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] (2718 Views)

How I Cook This Food (pic) / Interview With Pocohantas About Her Food Blog, And Herself / Meet Bethany Gasky, Her Food, Mukbang Videos On YouTube Made Her A Millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2019
I need help on this issue. Maybe you can profer a solution. My wife consistently burn her food. Sometimes in a week, 2, 3 times a week to a very high degree.

There a particular one that happen one night our house almost got burnt.

I m bringing this here because this morning the food for the kids also got burnt. To make matter worst whenever i confront her to be more careful she pick offence.

I am really tired...i need your help!

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by ShenTeh(m): 9:24am On Jan 14, 2019
Tell your wife if she doesn't stop watching Africa Magic/Telemundo/Zeeworld while cooking, she will soon burn down the house itself.

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 11:07am On Jan 14, 2019
ShenTeh:
Tell your wife if she doesn't stop watching Africa Magic/Telemundo/Zeeworld while cooking, she will soon burn down the house itself.

I have told her on several occasion but she wont stop. All the same thank you.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
Your advice is highly needed. Thank you in advance
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by earthsync(f): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
What does she do that makes her forget she's got something on the stove?

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Pojomojo: 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
Stop recharging the decoder since that probably making her burn the food and I see know reason why you cant tell her honey have ou cheked the food on fire at 3 minutes intervals
plugin4profit:

I have told her on several occasion but she wont stop. All the same thank you.

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
earthsync:
What does she do that makes her forget she's got something on the stove?
It's even gas with four mouth. Sometimes she just relax in the sitting room from there she dose off.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
Pojomojo:
Stop recharging the decoder since that probably making her burn the food and I see know reason why you cant tell her honey have ou cheked the food on fire at 3 minutes intervals

Even without light or not watching tv, it still happen.
Most times i am not aware she is cooking or something is on fire. It is the intensity of the smoke that will alert me.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by earthsync(f): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
plugin4profit:

It's even gas with four mouth. Sometimes she just relax in the sitting room from there she dose off.
How can she be so carefree with things like that.

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Mariangeles(f): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
plugin4profit:
I need help on this issue. Maybe you can profer a solution. My wife consistently burn her food. Sometimes in a week, 2, 3 times a week to a very high degree.

I m bringing this here because this morning the food for the kids also got burnt. To make matter worst whenever i confront her to be more careful she pick offence.

Unless she decides to change, there's nothing you can do .

You knew that about her but still you went ahead to marry her thinking it does not matter...well, it's your cross now and you have to bear it .

...or you can just take over of the kitchen undecided

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mariangeles:

Lol: but i am not the type that like cooking.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mariangeles:

You knew that about her but still you went ahead to marry her thinking it does not matter...well, it's your cross now and you have to bear it .

The few times she visted, and cooked nothing of such happened.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Mariangeles(f): 11:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
plugin4profit:

Lol: but i am not the type that like cooking.
Well, you have to like it for safety's sake otherwise...you don't want stories that touch do you ??
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Mariangeles(f): 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
plugin4profit:

The few times she visted, and cooked nothing of such happened.
The worst part is that she's not willing to take correction...
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mariangeles:
The worst part is that she's not willing to take correction...
Yeah, i have used every means i know to put things in place but still happening...hence i brought the issue here for advice that could help.
Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate you.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Hayormeah(f): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2019
Tell her to always use the the timer on the tv anytime she is cooking and simultaneously watching tv.
May be your approach to the issue is what is making her adamant. Call her and speak gently with her, make her see the dangers involved. If you really want to help her, you can get involved with cooking with her anytime you are around.
Lastly tell her to always inform you anytime she wants to start her cooking. With time she will change.

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Pojomojo: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2019
You need work as a team that y it is call marriage. when she want to cook, be aware and keep reminding her at intervals, Babe, pls check what on fire
plugin4profit:

Even without light or not watching tv, it still happen.
Most times i am not aware she is cooking or something is on fire. It is the intensity of the smoke that will alert me.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Abortedfetus(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
apply d backhand effect... if dat is slow in to work then I think d "cover face" therapy is in order. thank me later.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by merit12(f): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
Speak with her village people in prayer
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 8:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Pojomojo:
You need work as a team that y it is call marriage. when she want to cook, be aware and keep reminding her at intervals, Babe, pls check what on fire

Really buy your idea...going to work on it. But what of when iam not at home with her?
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by plugin4profit: 8:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Hayormeah:
Tell her to always use the the timer on the tv anytime she is cooking and simultaneously watching tv.
May be your approach to the issue is what is making her adamant. Call her and speak gently with her, make her see the dangers involved. If you really want to help her, you can get involved with cooking with her anytime you are around.
Lastly tell her to always inform you anytime she wants to start her cooking. With time she will change.

Thank you... good one.
I will work on it
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by obawinner(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
On after caution note. Get a fire extinguisher.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by gentlesinna(m): 3:40am On Jan 18, 2019
Fire her
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by SLOVFO(m): 3:54am On Jan 18, 2019
Honestly, something may be wrong with your wife. Unless you married a minor. She should be able to correct herself (after making same mistakes severally) and do the right thing. For goodness sake, we are talking about a safety issue here. If she is not doing it on purpose, then something is wrong with her. You really have to observe her more and pray for her. And you may also need to take her to a Christian counselor/psychologist. She is your wife love and cherish her more...that may do the trick.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Hayormeah(f): 6:25am On Jan 18, 2019
plugin4profit:

Thank you... good one.
I will work on it

All the best.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by homesteady(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
Call for a meeting or just tell her you have something to discuss. Then You need to make her realise how serious the issue is. Bring pictures and videos of burnt houses and makeup a story on how it was this type of forgetful attitude that led to burning down of the house.

Talk to her emotions, ask her if she wants to be homeless, if she wants to kill her family. You have to perfect this part very well, I suggest you should practice before you go to meet her. If possible, let her cry.

If after this and it continues, then you should take her to see a psychologist.

1 Like

Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Daviddson(m): 11:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
plugin4profit:
Anyone can forget. This is how I was able to overcome mine: any time I put something on fire, I immediately set my timer on my phone to countdown (say 10, 15 or 20 mins ). When my phone starts ringing, I go to check the food. If it's not yet done, I set another counter. I continue to repeat this until the food is out of fire. Whether I'm cooking food that takes more than an hour or warming food for just 7-10 mins, this has been my practice, and it has been working perfectly.
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by seunfly: 9:21am On Jan 20, 2019
Lol
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by kimoyo: 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
Is your wife pregnant?
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by solihu(m): 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abortedfetus:
apply d backhand effect...
if dat is slow in to work then I think d "cover face" therapy is in order.
thank me later.
grin grin grin

OP if all these fails abeg use elbow massage her jaw grin
Works like magic grin grin
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by Pojomojo: 10:39am On Jan 21, 2019
Marriage is team work, since you know she burns food, ensure you cook early in the morning, portion what they will eat in the afternoon and night, just ensure you keep reminding her via whatsapp call when she wants to warm the food
plugin4profit:

Really buy your idea...going to work on it. But what of when iam not at home with her?
Re: See How She Consistently Burn Her Food[PIC] by pricelesshoney(f): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
In life there is principle of cause and effect at work, her burning food regularly is an effect, find the underlying cause and solve it, you'll be amazed at the result, it may just be that she is stressed emotionally or physically which may lead to her over thinking ,thus lead to her forgetting things around, personally it happened to me mine was as a result of stress and pressure, and when I was pregnant, if u can't find out what is causing it then put safety measure in place,

Gas burn very fast,what she burn on gas she may not burn on kerosene stove, when you're not around, lock the gas and allow her to only use kerosene stove, if you cannot enforce it then make sure she set the gas burner on low, whenever she is cooking, I hope this helps

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Yam I Bought For 2k / Plantain / How To Make Banana Pancakes (quick Breakfast)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.