Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie (23163 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter / Trailer Of Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart’ (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
KAI! What kind of mindset do these people have

Terrible!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Rextizz(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
Nigerians are naturally haters, they never want good things or see someone succeed, no wonder the country is backward.

6 Likes

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Viergeachar: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
chicoMX:

Her work is recognized outside naija that's the whole point.

Is that new

4 Likes

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AfricanMagic(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
slawomir:
isoright

Me nor dey do anything nollywood before

Whether Lionheart abi na the wedding party or 30 days in Atlanta . Dey are all crap. You nor go learn anything reasonable

If i want watch movie i go settle down watch foreign movies.

Imagine terminator 2 was a able to reveal that nitrogen gas destroy alloys
The sense of humour and the use of English in foreign movies can make you want to watch it over and over again
get a camera n shoot ur own movie na

4 Likes

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Adebowale89(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
asuustrike1:

There will be critics but many of them are sentimental especially coming from the western region. Many of them are sentimental in their review. Same thing is applied in the academic line ( Pull Him Down syndrome

all region have their shortcoming even a western country like USA do have race supremacy, so why the noise

even in your land ebonyi and anambra will never agree for each other. is there no pull him down syndrome in your region? even politically as it is playing out presently is glaring there is

not even all Yoruba like Yoruba movie and some even criticize them, so what's the cry all about

Igbo should stop this childishness

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
Adebowale89:

all region have their shortcoming even a western country like USA do have race supremacy, so why the noise

even in your land ebonyi and anambra will never agree for each other. is there no pull him down syndrome in your region? even politically as it is playing out presently is glaring there is

not even all Yoruba like Yoruba movie and some even criticize them, so what's the cry all about

Igbo should stop this childishness
Nobody is against criticism but criticize logically. Secondly am not Igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AgbariOjukwu1: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
Yeebos and their victim mentality sha, See wetin this mumu dey talk.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by unmask: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
Dpharisee:

Not the same, there was civil war resentment back then and the aim was to discourage patronage which to the closure of businesses or putting fake labels on products such as made in Italy for Aba produced shoes.
Remember that many Nigerians were shocked by the quick revival of Igbos whom they felt will not survive with Awolowo 20 pounds policy and nationalization of companies and factories in favour of South West
well the whole world labels china products "china products" but that is where all the goods come from.......the point is rather than fight people that say "aba shoes"......show that aba shoes are way better than what anyone can get anywhere......and trust me the respect will be earned and when it is earned it promotes itself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by danieljessy: 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
KingThreatzz:

Search it on thepiratebay.org. Iwatched mine from there
I don't want to stream it..I'd like to download it instead
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by sangresan(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
I expected this man to shame those critics and reviewers by naming them and attaching links to their reviews....

Cos, I am very sure that some Lagos-based movie reviewers are also Igbo......Let's see if those critics are just Yoruba or any other tribe apart from Igbo....When we go through their write-ups and confirm, then we can conclude that they are really sentimental....

My belief is that Igbos derive so much joy in these baseless accusations....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by KingThreatzz: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
danieljessy:
I don't want to stream it..I'd like to download it instead

Piratebay is for torrents. You download the movies from the torrent files. works very easy
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ziggylady:

Why wont she take it to Lagos?.. Ofcourse we know your evil reviews was because she had an Igbo all cast....

Please drink acid and quench from your envy cos Netflix has recognised her work while your overly negative reviews has exposed you lots as ignorant ,envious ,spoilers and wicked up-starts always up to no good.

Is she trying to capture the audience of all Nigerians, or that of igbos? undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by danieljessy: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
KingThreatzz:

Piratebay is for torrents. You download the movies from the torrent files. works very easy
Alright thanks
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ziggylady:

So what?..does it negate the fact its a good movie?..or is Net-flix who has bought the distribution rights or New--York Times reviewers Igbos..

Yeye.
You sound bitter and second I ain't Yoruba undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Blazebond(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
I still haven't seen the film so i really cant comment for now.
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by KingThreatzz: 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2019
prince3009:

Says someone called KingThreatzz who is only known in his enclave while the globally acclaimed movie streaming corporation called Netflix and the popular New York Times thinks otherwise!

Your lone opinion doesn't count at all...

Why didn't October 1 air on Netflix? grin grin

You are a very ignorant fellow.
Have you seen this movie: The Week of
It had Chris Rock and Adam Sandler but the movie is extremely wacko. Surpised it even had a 5/10 on imdb. Lesson is not all Netflix movies are interesting or that good. Netflix saw a potential in the Nigerian market and Genevienve plugged into that opportunity. Lucky her but the movie had many many lapses. A lot could have been done way better. Lionheart is a movie you will not remember in the next 6 months. October 1 was that quality to stick to our memories.
Right now, Netflix's success with Lionheart will determine if they will be buying any more Nigerian movies or not.
As for my opinion, you dont have to value it. I am a movie enthusiast. I believe in good storytelling and method acting that can inspire lives. Thats me. You, find your passion.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
Slynation:

“There is a risible attempt by some people who feel they have an open gate to media, to play down on everything we do from the east
This statement reeks of tribalism and inferiority complex. This is very bad, i still wonder why the Igbos i meet and roll with in reality don't possess these traits. This man talks like Nwamaikpe, is he expecting everyone to like the movie? Even though you will still find some people who will give bad rating to October 1, but you cannot find anyone making that an issue. Criticism is part of the game.

Aside that, most review and comments i have read about the movie is not encouraging, Nnaji made her money but this is a call to her to do better next time.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by rhektor(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
ODVanguard:
Did he have to go tribal??

Actually he did not go tribal but the op went there
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Adebowale89(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
asuustrike1:

Nobody is against criticism but criticize logically. Secondly am not Igbo

see mumu like you. where did you see me criticize the movie here? I'm only responding to that man nonsense talk and your unnecessary advise should go to him that's if you understand the literally meaning of logical

it should be don't pay attention to critics directors from any part of the country stay focus, why single out Lagos as if they're the only one that will criticize the movie ?

he should stop making their kinsmen look subhuman and inferior to Lagos residents. that's the logic here

stop mentioning me anytime you drink cow urine and I don't care where you came from because is irrelevant to me. nonsense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Ziggylady(f): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
ThatIjawBoy:
Is she trying to capture the audience of all Nigerians, or that of igbos? undecided

She is trying to capture human audience that is why Netflix and NewYork times recognised her..As we speak she is 3.8Million Dollars richer..

Go figure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by MyGeneration(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
omega2128:
why do we have to put tribe into everything in this country.
lion heart is not nollywood glory again but eastern movie glory.

you guys igbolized the nollywood, bastardised it and now claiming eastern movie.

30 days in Atlanta review was extremely bad in naiarland here but it didn't stop it success

I know their type...
...not that other tribes don't understand them, but they don't understand other tribe

... not that other tribes want to control them, but they want to control other tribes

... not that they are strong rather they are hardened

... disoriented characters that have confused individual achievements for collective achievements

... strong enough to insist on having their ways but extremely weak when it comes to letting others have theirs

... problems are always external, the faults are always someone else ... because it's either their ways or highway
mumu read the story before commenting, the owner of the thread misquoted him
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by ChidiAlaigbo: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
prince3009:

Seun, Lalasticlala...

Rule 2

Eff off!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AgbalagbaAwo: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
ODVanguard:
Did he have to go tribal??
The topic is misleading.
Ugezi Ugezi was talking about Nigerian reviewers in general - Igbo, Yoruba, Niger Delta etc.
Misleading headlines like this that pitch Igbos against Yorubas should be discouraged.
The author's post has no tribal colouration but nairaland has painted it with tribal colours

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by HomorBj(m): 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
prince3009:
Lagos producers are giving the negative reviews because it was not Kunle Afolayan who directed and Odunlade Adekola was not in the cast. If you know, you know!

Anybody who thinks Lionheart is crap but thinks that October 1 is a hit movie needs mental evaluation!

don't compare the two,October 1 is in a league of its own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Nature8(m): 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
Pekele007:
After watching the Lionheart movie, I was forced to agree with BurnaBoy that Nigeria has the highest rate of backward and unproductive fools on the planet of Earth.

For those E-diots saying the movie is predictable, take this:

-The father didn't get heart attack because of Jazz or juju.

-The uncle didn't try to take over the company.

-The female child is the man's pride.

-The son wasn't victimized for being into music.

-Kanayo.O.Kanayo had a clean wealth instead of doing money rituals.

Where then is the usual Nollywood pattern Must everything be produced in Lagos state? I love the way almost everything was acted in the East.

Tribalism and stupidity has eaten deep into every Black man's soul. The pull him down syndrome will never let the Black nation progress especially the Sophisticated Morons in Nigeria.

Congratulations to Genie! Igbo language and culture to the world!

Where can I download the movie bro cheesy
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AgbalagbaAwo: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
mosco11:
igbos are just too tribalist
The topic is misleading.
Ugezi Ugezi was talking about Nigerian reviewers in general - Igbo, Yoruba, Niger Delta etc.
Misleading headlines like this that pitch Igbos against Yorubas should be discouraged.
The author's post has no tribal colouration but nairaland has painted it with tribal colours
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by DjSwaga(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
That movie is nothing spectacular. It's a typical story line in nollywood.. no special actions nor graphics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AgbalagbaAwo: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
nyamuri flat.head.. they always of bringing tribe into anything
The topic is misleading.
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AgbalagbaAwo: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
PythonAmaka:
Igbos always cry... WHY?

python amaka
The topic is misleading.
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Ziggylady(f): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
unmask:
well the whole world labels china products "china products" but that is where all the goods come from.......the point is rather than fight people that say "aba shoes"......show that aba shoes are way better than what anyone can get anywhere......and trust me the respect will be earned and when it is earned it promotes itself

There is no need to convince anyone..Abject Poberty had made the average Nigerian 'aba made' customers.

2 Likes

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by AgbalagbaAwo: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2019
Adebowale89:
seems no Igbo people can talk without making everything tribalistic. why the hate for west again

this same Genevieve didn't enter stardom in that undeveloped five eastern states. she made it to the top in Lagos and she had never feel inferior about the great movie she made

Lionheart regardless is seen as Nigeria movie and she did a good work but that doesn't mean there won't be a critic in one handwork. not everyone will like your handwork

these Igbo should receive sense
The topic is misleading.
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Modarun(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2019
Omo mis Gene dey inside money. 1.38Billion naira for a movie? chai i am in the wrong profession.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In Sex Scenes Of Movies(nollywood), Do They Really Have Sex? / BBNaija: Don Jazzy Lists 5 Favourite Housemates To Win N100M Grand Prize / Mr Ibu Speaking Hausa In A Kannywood Movie (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.