Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,528 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie (24015 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter / Trailer Of Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart’ (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Adebowale89(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
DexterousOne:

look ar this one
"five underdeveloped states" indeed undecided
Ewu gambia

kill ya sef
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by stevedre: 5:50am On Jan 16, 2019
Shikini:
The topic is misleading.
Ugezi Ugezi was talking about Nigerian reviewers in general - Igbo, Yoruba, Niger Delta etc.

Misleading headlines like this that pitch Igbos against Yorubas should be discouraged.
The author's post has no tribal colouration but nairaland has painted it with tribal colours

You're blessed. Nairaland has caused more harm than good to so many people in terms of how they see people from other tribes.
Sometimes I feel nairaland is now tool used by politicians to encourage the "divide the south and rule them" syndrome then again I see on this same nairaland that even the North is not left out in the tribal hate sometimes. People fail to see that almost all Politicians and the rich are friends no matter their tribe.
Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by FruitCakes(f): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by FruitCakes(f): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
blackgold2018:
n who told u is all about money. She made her name MORE known n recognized internationally.

The whole point she's made her name and not money. Grow up n stop reasoning like an empty skull.
And you can't state your opinion without lashing out like an ignoramus

1 Like

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by Philogreen(m): 6:54am On Jan 17, 2019
petsam11:
I have always said it that the number of Pull Him/Her Down syndrome (PHD's) holders in Nigeria is very high.
You see people trying to discredit every good and wonderful thing from the other person just because of hate. Everybody (almost everybody) attack everything destructively. Hardly will you see a genuine constructive criticism.
Imagine people are down here attacking a film bought by a multi-billion dollar worldwide film streaming platform... And to even hear some say "Netflix is overrated" even sickens me the more... These are people who don't know the difference between a Netflix Original and other movies on Netflix. So since Netflix decided to come to Nollywood and to Genevieve Nnaji, Netflix is now overrated abi? In a certain Governors voice I say "This is Iberiberism of the highest order!"

With their myopic reviewing, they are forming over Sabi and "thinking" for Netflix cos they are wiser than Netflix and her Board of directors..., they have already concluded that #LionheartTheMovie has no story line... even when world renowned news platforms like CNN and BBC has talked about the movie and places it on the HIGH?
Some even say it's predictable but at the same time, keep ask in anger why Osuofia had to gate crash into a particular scene... OK, since you said it's predictable, why then didn't it happen your way probably the discussion should have been done in the open so that Osuofia can see them easily... But they forget that in real life, God can make u wander about just to meet your destiny helper in the least place that you can ever imagine? No nah! they can't see that because in their lives, everything is perfect! Nonsense! Like seriously it's very pathetic!

People are here (including all those greedy, wicked and jealous filmmakers) talking what I don't know but a whole New York Times has tagged this film the best from Nollywood.
It's very funny and indeed extremely pathetic!
One thing about this life is that you will always have people who will talk and gossip NONSENSE about your SENSE! But these people have never produced any thing that is overwhelming and that is if they have ever produced anything.
But the truth still remains that, #LionheartTheMovie by Genevieve Nnaji is still the best thing to happen to Nollywood and the entire African movie industry... It is a standard for other films and filmmakers in both Nollywood and Africa as a whole. It's a standard that they should all look up to for progress of they want to go global... (Although I am still a fan/activist of having a One Movie Industry in the whole of Africa and calling it Nollywood. Imagine the AMVCA's being an African Academy Award instead of just a viewers choice award?)

If I were all these filmmakers, I will throw away nonsense pride and go and genuinely congratulate Genevieve Nnaji and beg her to teach me and then I would bend down obediently and learn from her because:
1) She is the face of African Cinema, she is Nollywood's Sweetheart and now Nollywood's Lionheart! Lol!

2) She is global and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it.

3) Her movie and production/directing is global. You can rate it anyhow you want to rate it, it's your business and not that of Netflix, CNN, BBC, New York Times, etc. and

4) She has made Nollywood global!
These are facts!

You all have a nice day and let's all delete envy and jealously from our life and timeline! Because, e no day pay gan!

Sonsogo!!!

God bless you bro. Nice review. Up Nigeria, Up Nollywood, Up Genevieve Nnaji "Daughter of The Soil".
Closing remark(for all lovers and haters alike): "No Man has ever made it higher by bringing everyone down... We rise by lifting others." always be optimistic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by petsam11(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
BRRR:
my friend u must be a carpenter cos u nailed it perfectly

Lol! I no be carpenter o! But I just have to and need to set records straight. Their are too much and too many PhDs holders in the land and their certificates needs to be withdrawn immediately...

1 Like

Re: LionHeart: Ugezu J Ugezi Reacts To Reviews Of Genevieve Nnaji‘s Movie by BRRR: 9:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
petsam11:

Lol! I no be carpenter o! But I just have to and need to set records straight. Their are too much and too many PhDs holders in the land and their certificates needs to be withdrawn immediately...
i concur

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Teddy-A's Fans Organise Basketball Hangout In Lagos (Photos) / BBNaija: Tacha's 2 Strikes - Social Media Handler Reacts / Ray Emodi, Joy Emodi's Son Features In ‘Heaven On My Mind’ As Saraki Endorses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.