Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Do We Really Need Multi Millions Dollar Mega Church Building At This Time? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Really Need Multi Millions Dollar Mega Church Building At This Time? (451 Views)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need Multi Millions Dollar Mega Church Building At This Time? by highyo: 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
Jer7: 10-13 You people came to stand before me in this house you called with my name, to do these abominations and turned it into a den of robbers. Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD. go to Shiloh, where I first set my name, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.
And now, because you have done all these, ……I will do to this house, you called by my name, as I have done to Shiloh

The very first time I stepped into the New Deeper life Auditorium, I was like Wao! I’ve never seen a structure as beautiful as that before. I never stop taking a picture of it and even filled my laptop with the screen saver. When I heard of the 90,000 unfinished Faith Tabernacle and DUNAMIS 100,000 seating Auditorium, I began to ask myself this question,
"DO WE REALLY NEED ALL THESE AT THIS PRESENT TIME?" Constructing a mega church building worth millions of dollars for people to sit and feel comfortable to worship is never a valid or biblical priority in this end time
I've seen many Churches building gigantic mega churches like that of Deeper life, Dunamis, Winners chapel, while some are yet to complete theirs. But it’s too late to do all that for now. They are not necessary anymore in this present age
I believe what we need to build now are souls
I know it's a good Idea to give God a befitting place of worship, but is God really demanding for things like this from us at this present age? Are we capable of giving him a befitting place of worship? All these are not necessary anymore at this end time where we are.

God will never ask any man of God, how many churches did you built for me when you are on earth, but he will ask you, how many souls you won for his kingdom
God is not going to give you a crown of life neither will he open the gate of heaven for you, just because you built him a mega church;
so why don't we abandon the less important to embark on most important issue

It has now become worse to the extent that some churches are now doing competitions of who will have the largest auditorium in the world, this is not Christianity but foolishness

We are already in the end time and the AntiChrist is about to take over everything.
Will these multibillion mansions get raptured? so if it's left behind, is that a gain or a loss?
Islamic terrorist are desperate to take over the world, and they will succeed because it’s their time. Jesus already spoke about it in John 16:2, and that is the only period that will give birth to the rapture. (Mat24:21). The harlot must be drunk with the blood of the saints. A time is coming when people will be afraid of going to church, and what will befall the so called befitting auditorium we have built?
Didn’t God left Shiloh? Didn’t he left The golden temple of Solomon? The Temple that took them 40years to built, what did Jesus said about it in Mathew24, and Mark 13? Does the temple still exist? What happened to all the gigantic churches built in China?

I think What we should be after now are THE LOST SOULS. Churches are increasing everyday but souls are very few.
If a single church building can represent a single soul, then heaven should be rejoicing with the number of churches we have in Nigeria alone, because Almost every shops and uncompleted building in the streets have turned into churches, Lagos Ibadan Express way has almost become a church street
how can we have about 10 million churches building and less than 1000 souls be ready for rapture, is that a good statistic?

So why don't we divert these money into the mission field and evangelism and totally forget about building mega churches? There are many missionaries coming back home because they have being forgotten and they are suffering in the mission field because church are not taking good care of them.
The money churches makes annually is enough to feed the whole world.
if we decide to go to countries that are suffering with these money, like Northern Nigeria, Sudan, Benin, Chad ,Nepal, Mali, Guinea-Bissau, Tajikistan, Haiti, Rwanda, Guinea , Burkina Faso ,Liberia, Uganda , Togo, Afghanistan , Niger , Sierra Leone, Gambia, Madagascar , Democratic Republic of Congo , Mozambique , Yemen, Malawi ,. Burundi, South Sudan etc, of course they will be happy to listen to whatsoever you have for them.
do you know how many Nigerian committed suicide in these last 3 years just because they couldn’t meet their daily needs? Do you know some of them go to these mega churches and still die of hunger? How can they listen to the word of God if they are hungry?
Do you know how Boko-haram started? They made use of the homeless and less privilege people by enticing them with money to set up the so call Islamic terrorist because many illiterate Hausa are very easy to brainwash

We have about 38.2Million refugee’s camp in the world today. These people are seeking for help,
7.6million in Syria, 6Million in Colombia, 3.6m in Iraq, 2.8 in Congo, 2.2 Million in Sudan, 1.6million in South Sudan, 1.4 in Pakistan, 1.2Millon in Nigeria, 1.1million in Somalia, 78,900in Burundi etc, at least in Benue alone, we have 80,450 children in the IDP camp while 80,000 are homeless.

Don’t you think it will be better if we can invest on these people and draw them to Christ? Apostle Paul also use this method in Jerusalem and Corinth, CHARLES MULLY did the same in Kenya, Mary Slessor of Calabar it, David Livingstone and many more
If we divert this money in building a future for these people and winning them for Christ, will they ever forget Jesus? Won’t they have a strong believe that Christianity is truly built on foundation of LOVE? Will heaven not rejoice if we win about 40millions of these homeless people for Christ?
Let’s reason together, a single soul cost God everything compare to the multibillion Auditoriums we are building. We can’t please God with these multibillion mansions but we can please him by investing it on these homeless people, missionaries, and people far from civilization etc.
do you know how much the Islamic terrorist are ready to pay these homeless for what they are doing all over the world today? If churches has pump money into evangelism and mission field, these people will be going about with Bibles and not AK47.

Church is not necessary a building but gathering of the saints
Paul Never built any churches, yet he built many souls. Ayo Babalola never built any churches, yet he built many souls. David Livingstone, Bishop Polycarp never built churches yet he built many souls
Peter won 2000 souls in a day without building any church
None of the early apostle builds a church and yet they gather together to worship every week

Jesus did not sent us into the world to build him churches, but to win souls for him.
But what do we see in the churches we are building today? Noises, offering and dancing, prosperity and politicians, and even many members attending the church are dying of hunger. This is terrible
People are now ready to serve the devil because the churches don’t care about them anymore. In the Olden days, when people needs help, they go to churches to seek for help, even many Muslims go to church to seek for help, but it’s not like that again, they now seek for help from politician who will give them weapons to do evil in exchange.
we need to go back to the land mark and start afresh
What we now have today is partying and not worshiping

let us go back and do the work as we did it earlier, because we have lost our first love
God cherish soul’s more than church buildings. very soon, Christians will be afraid of entering those building we call churches
go to Bornu, Plateau, Adamawa, China, Pakistan or India and see how people now afraid of entering the church building
Because they know they may not come out of it alive
Don’t we have Christians in Saudi Arabia, and some others Islamic countries? Don’t we have Christians in North Korea and China? Yet you can never find a single building call church. Does that mean God will not answer their prayers? so why don't we divert our money to Soul winning?

it's a very good Idea that we continue the work of King Solomon, but this is not the right time anymore because the rapture will soon take place, and the Antichrist will soon take over the gigantic auditorium you are building, if not destroy it

3 Likes

Re: Do We Really Need Multi Millions Dollar Mega Church Building At This Time? by Sunnymatey(m): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
And to think the worshipers at these edifices are poor and hungry.
Re: Do We Really Need Multi Millions Dollar Mega Church Building At This Time? by RipMorosini: 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
I pray the next generation won't be "DUMBER" than ours

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need Multi Millions Dollar Mega Church Building At This Time? by JJOF(m): 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
True talk bro.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When One Is Kneeling Before A Witch D / Two Parallel Lines That Will Never Meet!!! / Prophet Asked His Congregation To Fight Each Other In Order To Cast Out Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.