Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (6080 Views)

My Experience Using Tecno, After Using Samsung For 9years. / My Experience Using XIAOMI Device / Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2019
henry007:

V30 is great and all but its not really value for money. Reason why he ran into problems with charging port and ultimately death of his connectivity to begin with is coz he bought the V20 then. Battery was probably 4hours SOT leading to wall socket hugging.

Is he buying from Amazon?

I have actually watched teardown of v30 and lg did not make the same mistake they did with the v20. It actually has a separate charging port, not integrated into the motherboard like the v20. As for SOT, what u get from most flagships is 4-5 hours SOT. I think the flagship with best battery is Galaxy note 9
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by henry007(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2019
greenhulk:

I have actually watched teardown of v30 and lg did not make the same mistake they did with the v20. It actually has a separate charging port, not integrated into the motherboard like the v20. As for SOT, what u get from most flagships is 4-5 hours SOT. I think the flagship with best battery is Galaxy note 9

You missed the point I was trying to make but still, 4-5hrs SOT is not what we're doing in 2019. I cannot advice anyone to settle for far less if they're looking for a phone for the next 2 years or so.

Value for money phones asides Xiaomi would be Oneplus 6/6T and Honor View 20.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by AndroBlaze: 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
greenhulk:

I have used the padlock icon to locky browser to memory and so far I noticed browser no longer refreshes. So thumbs up. I'll use it for the rest of the day and give my verdict. But I still get some glitches on pages with pictures, like when I zoom on a picture on browser sometimes it goes back to previous or next page like it can't handle it. Also there's this glitch while typing (I use Gboard). A lot of times when I press the space button once it registers it as a double tap and adds a full stop instead of space.

Happy the padlock works.

The zooming with pictures problem could be due to the browser you are using- try another one which may be more friendly with MIUI.

As for the doubletap issue with Gboard, there are a few things you can do but the easiest and most effective would probably be to go to gboard settings and just disable the double tap spacebar.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Manuella4ace: 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
I haven't even experienced all these you're complaining about.
I use the note 5 64gb 6gb ram various
Chinese version.
It's a dope beast.
I get my notifications, my browser never refreshes, and my battery, it's super good.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by frank155(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
greenhulk:

I have gone past unlocking bootloader and flashing roms, this is a 2018 phone, 3gb of ram and snapdragon 636. If it cannot handle simple multitasking then whats the hype about? If this was a mediatek phone a lot of people would be here screaming mediatek is bad bla bla. Android OS has advanced past the stage where we need to be flashing roms up and down to fix a simple thing as keeping just 2 apps in the background.. android 8.1 for that matter. Plus its addictive, when u start flashing roms then u will never get satisfied, u will always go back to search for new roms and before u know it u would be flashing 3-5 roms a month.

Roms are not just about performance it's also about theming. Stock won't get you all u want
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by vower(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
greenhulk:

I have gone past unlocking bootloader and flashing roms, this is a 2018 phone, 3gb of ram and snapdragon 636. If it cannot handle simple multitasking then whats the hype about? If this was a mediatek phone a lot of people would be here screaming mediatek is bad bla bla. Android OS has advanced past the stage where we need to be flashing roms up and down to fix a simple thing as keeping just 2 apps in the background.. android 8.1 for that matter. Plus its addictive, when u start flashing roms then u will never get satisfied, u will always go back to search for new roms and before u know it u would be flashing 3-5 roms a month.
Go to developer settings and turn off miui optimization

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by vower(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
Dam5reey:

There are no 2019 flagship.. yet ..

I didn't say 100k, I mentioned 400 to 500 USD compared to when it was released at 900USD

Do you think I would go from Note 9?

Price has depreciated and not performance... No midrange device come close to SD 835...

He was using V20, And V30 is an upgrade.. from 820 to 835..
Xiaomi mi8 se
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by FiftyFifty(m): 11:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
I'm seriously eying that V30 too or any other (better) alternative. Is like I'll be glued to this thread since I'm lucky to have found Oga greenhulk... Best of luck in ur decision Sir.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by mikeycharles(m): 1:26am On Jan 28, 2019
I've used an LG V10 and a V20 and honest to God their battery doesn't last up to 4 hours, so whats the point of having great specs when you can't enjoy it.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by 3KINGZ18: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2019
mikeycharles:
I've used an LG V10 and a V20 and honest to God their battery doesn't last up to 4 hours, so whats the point of having great specs when you can't enjoy it.
That's what you have to sacrifice for a flagship phone
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by mindtricks: 8:28am On Mar 04, 2019
calddon:
dude, during my HTC days I flashed more than 3 roms a day. Once the device is S-off....I fire grin

But now with age and other factors, too old for flashing plus there are lots of things to consider.

Android dev has also come of age. Most features our beloved custom rom gave us then are now integrated into the latest software versions
Please can you name them?
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Itzneowizy(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
And i was thinking about getting the redmi note 5AI
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Gptech(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
Itzneowizy:
And i was thinking about getting the redmi note 5AI
The op was coming from a flagship device, what do you expect? Plus he uses the 3gig /32gig rom version, get the 4/64gig and relax your mind.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by fibonacci2526: 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
Gptech:

The op was coming from a flagship device, what do you expect? Plus he uses the 3gig /32gig rom version, get the 4/64gig and relax your mind.

cheesy cheesy cheesy I really don't know why people complain when they downgrade from a flagship to midrange
Like what were they expecting?
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Gptech(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
fibonacci2526:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I really don't know why people complain when they downgrade from a flagship to midrange
Like what were they expecting?
Hehehehe, me too like to 'eat my eba and get am' cheesy. Still no phone beats this phone at this price range till date, I mean in all ramifications, unless the note 7 price drop rapidly.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Itzneowizy(m): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
Gptech:

4/64.....is way above mi budget....3gig ram ought to run smooth na....
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Gptech(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
Itzneowizy:
4/64.....is way above mi budget....3gig ram ought to run smooth na....
It runs smoothly of course but cannot multi-task same way the 4gig ram does, well, it outperforms anything you can see from around, maybe you need to handle one, but na your money las las, do what you want cheesy. By the way, what's your budget?
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by driand(m): 7:22am On Mar 05, 2019
Darkseid:
I use a Redmi 5 plus and the only point I can agree with you on is the multitasking problem, though it has been a little bit better since I started using Samsung browser.
root the phone, flash NFS injector and you'll marry the phone again in your next life... Thank me later.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Darkseid(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2019
driand:
root the phone, flash NFS injector and you'll marry the phone again in your next life... Thank me later.
I'm gonna check it out now, thanks.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by dryakson(m): 10:39am On Mar 05, 2019
greenhulk:

I'm. Looking at note 8 and v30. Thanks bro
try LG V7 thinkQ
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by driand(m): 11:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Darkseid:
I'm gonna check it out now, thanks.
before flashing NFS turn off miui battery optimization, and again you have to root with latest magisk, do not root with supersu...

NFS is a magisk module you should flash it in magisk don't flash in recovery..
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Darkseid(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2019
driand:
before flashing NFS turn off miui battery optimization, and again you have to root with latest magisk, do not root with supersu...

NFS is a magisk module you should flash it in magisk don't flash in recovery..
I'm using a custom ROM, and I've just installed the NFS injector, I'm still observing it, thanks.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by driand(m): 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
Darkseid:
I'm using a custom ROM, and I've just installed the NFS injector, I'm still observing it, thanks.
you flashed it in magisk right?
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by Darkseid(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
driand:
you flashed it in magisk right?
yes I did.
Re: My Experience Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 by covertnoob: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2020
I think you should try the best thermometer apps for iPhone and Android

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Bet You Don’t Know Your Phone Has This 6 Amazing Features / How To Download That Trending Video From Your Whatsapp Status / Itel It1704 (prime 4) Personal Review.. Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.