Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government (46178 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Buhari Suspends Onnoghen, Tells ‘biafra Family' What To Do / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Abfinest007(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
emmyxtacy:
use your sense small.
just because am supporting atiku I can*t
speak d true again.who ever reply
negative to this post .is an enemy of this
country.just bcus we don*t like buhari
does not stop us from sayin d true .I still
stand by my word I stand with weda due
process or not .if he pain u go n hug
transformer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Abfinest007(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

Maybe you cannot read. If you can, maybe you do not comprehend.

He is not claiming to be bigger than the law. He is saying that this particular court is incompetent to try him and the process of arraignment is flawed and illegal.
transformer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by jaxxy(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
u are not bigger than d law.u must face d music .u have being judging peoples case and u don want people to judge .I stand with buhari hundred percent on this one

Bt the police and their ig is bigger and above the law? Nonsense
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Jowanson: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Tundemuttee:
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Monday, challenged the jurisdiction of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, sitting in Abuja, to try him over his alleged failure to declare his assets.

The CJN, who stalled his planned arraignment following his refusal to appear before the Justice Danladi Umar’s led three-member panel tribunal, was however represented by a consortium of 89 lawyers that comprised of 46 Senior Advocates of Nigeria.

The legal team, which was led by a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, and a former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Kanu Agabi, SAN, told the tribunal that their appearance at the proceeding was “in protest.”

Olanipekun told the tribunal that the CJN has already filed a motion dated January 14, to challenge the jurisdiction of the tribunal to hear the charges FG levelled against him.

“My lord, we are not just challenging jurisdiction, we are even challenging the jurisdiction of this tribunal to even sniff that charge. We have served the Complainant/Respondent”, Olanipekun submitted.

Though the said motion was not moved, nevertheless, a member of the team who spoke to Vanguard on condition of anonymity, said the CJN would capitalise on FG’s failure to channel the petition against him, as well as the outcome of the investigation that was purportedly conducted on his assets declaration forms by the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, to the National Judicial Council, NJC, before it rushed the case to the CCT.

The CJN is contending that FG’s failure to abide by existing judicial precedent as encapsulated in a recent Appeal Court’s decision in Nganjiwa v Federal Republic of Nigeria (2017) LPELR-43391(CA), to the effect that any misconduct attached to the office and functions of a judicial officer, must first be reported to and handled by the NJC, pursuant to the provisions of the laws.

He argued that only after the NJC has pronounced against such judicial officer could prosecuting agencies of the Federal Government proceed to initiate a criminal proceeding.

Consequently, placing reliance on a recent decision of the CCT on a similar charge FG lodged against another Justice of the Supreme Court, Sylvester Ngwuta, the CJN’s legal team, maintained that FG’s decision to sideline the NJC, stripped the tribunal of its jurisdiction to entertain the instant case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/onnoghen-to-fg-youve-no-powers-to-try-me-at-cct/amp/

I said it that it was going to be a jurisdiction war! The CJN will not resign! Mark my words

You wanna play with the legal luminaries?

Don't be surprised that this might fall on the FG and on those who went and dug out his code of conduct form!

Its gonna be a fist fight of the big wigs in law..

Interesting case !
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Enemyofpeace: 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
transformer
zombie spotted

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
n u think u are educated than me .I can give u my details u find out on linkedin .I dare u to challenge me if u think u are educate let me disgrace u here

Oga, you have already disgraced yourself here so what's the point...?

It's even appalling thinking that been on LinkedIn is an achievement and measure of IQ...!! I'm on same LinkedIn with well almost 2000 connect so what's the big deal? oh maybe you just started using internet now and stumbled on LinkedIn and think its one big thing......LOL..!!!

Just park one side make people see road..a drone is always a drone...!!

From your profile here...you are obviously a small boy who know nothing and think he is smart...!! I see you are also in Kaduna....hmmm...KD people are always sharp, I wonder what happened to you or may be you just entered from the village recently..!! Disgrace koh.....Migrate ni...!!

Peace ...!!!

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by silasely(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
u are not bigger than d law.u must face d music .u have being judging peoples case and u don want people to judge .I stand with buhari hundred percent on this one
judge for wat...4 not declaring his assets...i tot I have head but no I no u only have dog head

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Princedapace(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:

He is not running.. He only said 'follow due process..'.

I don't know why Buhari supporters are so out of this world.. How can u disobey due process? But u can never disobey due process when it affects ur friends..

Kemi was let out of this country without facing the court.. Una mumu o

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Abfinest007(m): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
Bethor:

Oga, you have already disgraced yourself here so what's the point...?

It's even appalling thinking that been on LinkedIn is an achievement and measure of IQ...!! I'm on same LinkedIn with well almost 2000 connect so what's the big deal? oh maybe you just started using internet now and stumbled on LinkedIn and think its one big thing......LOL..!!!

Just park one side make people see road..a drone is always a drone...!!

Peace ...!!!
am not a sycophant .I dare u to challenge me.bigot Lik u
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Princedapace(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:

I don't know why Buhari supporters are so out of this world.. How can u disobey due process? But u can never disobey due process when it affects ur friends..

Kemi was let out of this country without facing the court.. Una mumu o. I weak for u people shaaa.. I weak for u people

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
Princedapace:

Kemi was let out of this country without facing the court.. Una mumu o

Don't mind the mofo...him no know him left from him right...!!!

2 Likes

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
am not a sycophant .I dare u to challenge me.bigot Lik u

Bigot..? do you even know the meaning of bigot and in what situation the term can be used..? I sorry for you...!!!

If you ever pass through any school, I would advice you return their certificate and collect your school fees back because from your comment here it's obvious the school never passed through you..!!

And further with your picture I see here, you are too small to be challenged...you even look unintelligent..!!

You have shown your level here so what am I challenging again...!?

Peace..!!!
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by chinedumoooo: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
Why this country are full of corruption,a man who accept to be guilty of the crime laid against him but Nigerians are kicking against justice and Prudence.
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

I am celebrating the fact that the plan by the illiterate tyrant to cow the judiciary the last hope of the common man has collapsed like a pack of cards

the rate @ which wailers crown any person indicted by buhari administration hope of common man , hero of democracy is so laughable.
how can the trial of CJN chairman distort the hope of common man .. onnoghen had 84 lawyers in CCT today how many common man can afford that.
in the last 3yrs how many common man has pdp/wailers shown support .
There is no hope for common man when each arms of govt keeps acting , we are above the law that is what the lawyers are playing @ now ...
judiciary is for the rich , no money no justice ...

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Abfinest007(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
Bethor:

Bigot..? do you even know the meaning of bigot and in what situation the term can be used..? I sorry for you...!!!

If you ever pass through any school, I would advice you return their certificate and collect your school fees back because from your comment here it's obvious the school never passed through you..!!

And further with your picture I see here, you are too small to be challenged...you even look unintelligent..!!

You have shown your level here so what am I challenging again...!?

Peace..!!!
tryin to defend ur foolishness n is very obvious for all to see .u don know d meaning of bigot n u claim u have one foolish thing on linkedin.u must be mad go n delete that nonsense from there
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by precious1967(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
Restructuring. Separation of power in dire need in Nigeria.
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Shikini: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
RZArecta2:
Brainless FG headed by a brainless cow cool
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by deomelo: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
Jowanson:

I said it that it was going to be a jurisdiction war! The CJN will not resign! Mark my words

You wanna play with the legal luminaries?

Don't be surprised that this might fall on the FG and on those who went and dug out his code of conduct form!

Its gonna be a fist fight of the big wigs in law..

Interesting case !

Let's agree that he won't resign and FG relented and let his own people investigate him, are they going to say he did not violate any law and will not refer him for prosecution.?

In the end, he will be investigated and refereed for prosecution even at the moment, he's been exposed as a corrupt and dirty chief justice
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
tryin to defend ur foolishness n is very obvious for all to see .u don know d meaning of bigot n u claim u have one foolish thing on linkedin.u must be mad go n delete that nonsense from there

Oga, please put the definition of bigot here and let us see how it relate to any of my comments on this thread....then.we would know the foolish one...LOL..!!

Don't go about using words you don't know or how to apply in a given situation..!!!

I also see that you are a bet9ja/gambling addict, and most addicts I know are never stable due to excessive loss and flare at even their shadow...!! I can see why you are commenting the way you are doing here....!!!

Peace....!!
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Pekele007: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
Alzirida:

Meaning that the FG may go back and file the case to NJC then CCT?

Yeah and that's dead on arrival because Onnoghen is the chairman of NJC and he will surely have judges loyal to him there too.

Buhari should accept defeat and get our.
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Pekele007: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2019
Midastorch:

How can you be a judge in your own case?? The NJC will be made up of people loyal to the CJ .... Nigeria can never change....nothing/noone will change this country

Exactly, his loyal judges are there.

Buhari need to chill till after elections.
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Pekele007: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
Blainz:

Do you think he would make such pronouncement against himself being the head of NJC

He won't and Buhari can go to hell for that.

Buhari and APC already have the police, army, INEC and thugs in their pockets already.

Judiciary is the last hope of the opposition
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Pekele007: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
ankpaone:
he cannot be adjudge in your own case.. you are the chairman of njc!

He won't and Buhari can go to hell for that.

Buhari and APC already have the police, army, INEC and thugs in their pockets already.

Judiciary is the last hope of the opposition
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hey! Bia !! Okoro can i borrow ya brain? I am in love with your brain and i just wanna borrow it to go and see that my uncle that is owing me settlement money.

I will leture it with 30% wokem-madu. Just think about it.

festacman:
My SUBJECTIVE take on the ongoing trial of CJN Walter Onoghen is captured by the following assumptions, scenarios, conspiracy theory, deductions and implication.

1. Some highly placed politicians in Nigeria are experts in using blackmail to have their ways. Recently, the former Finance minister Mrs. Kemi Adeosun' NYSC certificate "mistake" was used as a blackmail tool by key NASS members into making her to agree to anything they put on the table.

2. By their nature people like Atiku, Saraki & co "buy" relevant and strategic decision makers as 'franchises' and manipulate them to do their biddings in subtle ways. At the height of his problem with Obasanjo, former VP Atiku boasted that he had control of Governors' Forum, NASS leadership, and the judiciary and could easily remove former president Obasanjo if he so desired. To which Obasanjo quipped that unfortunately for Atiku, he had no control over God.

3. So this "mistake" by CJN Onnoghen constitutes a potential weapon of blackmail and manipulation to control the CJN in post elections matters. I am suspecting that this "mistake" might have been used by Senator Saraki to stunningly wriggle out of his false asset declaration case.

4. As stage is set for 2019 elections, APC strategists may have been scared that Atiku, Saraki, Wike & co may use this 'mistake' to blackmail and manipulate the CJN into doing their biddings. Moreover, there is no guarantee that the immediate Justice following CJN by seniority cannot be engineered by PDP heavyweights to raise a damning petition against the CJN thereby forcing the president to appoint their man as CJN.

5. So the FGN decided to nip it in the bud before election by hurriedly arranging this trial.
Bypassing NJC when they know the position of law appeared deliberate. Of course, referring the matter to NJC will require CJN to recuse himself, which will be counter-productive.

6. In spite of all the drama, I suspect that this strategic move is all a well-scripted ploy that will legally remove both legal and moral burdens from CJN and give him freedom to do his job. In other words, CJN Onoghen may come out of this case looking "smelling roses".

On The Flip Side
However if this trial is not a script, it will surely have a far reaching consequences as it will instill feverish apprehension in Nigerian politicians who all have skeletons in their cupboards. The issue is, "if a whole CJN cannot be spared before elections, what will happen to mere politicians after elections and swearing in". Consequently, to save their heads, these politicians will secretly but strongly collaborate across party lines to stop president Buhari from getting 2nd term.

As I said in the beginning, it is a purely subjective view, which eventually may turn out as the opposite of the eventual outcomes. But hey! I love brainstorming.
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by eghexs76: 6:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
Fool....did you attend school at all
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by CrestMan: 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
deomelo:

Till days ago, we did not know anything about this corrupt and dirty judge, but thanks to the FG, Nigerians have convincing evidence that this judge and public official is corrupt.

They are free to perform all their legal maneuvers, but at the the end of the day, he will be investigated, charged to court and sent to prison.

I honestly think the FG's intention here is really to expose him which they did brilliantly.

You feel soooooooo pained! Your write up expresses so much pain. Why na?

1 Like

Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by godliman: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
Vickym1:
How fast they can be in trying CJN in the court buh forgetting people like babachir, akpabio, oshiomole, rotimi, the list is endless. Buh one thing is for sure that this case will be like saraki's case which is dead on arrival undecided
This govt is a replica of Abachas
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
If Abang J. catch you, you go tell am were you see am dey play ajasare owo junu. grin grin grin

Walahi fa. that nigga dey high come court and just pray make e wife never offend am for house else, na your head e go drop the bomb e wife give am keep.

I like am still na one brilliant judge. Just that you cant predict him but his judgments are mostly sound.

[b][/b]
ehissi:

This view is so awkward, for one the Judge didn't falsify his asset declaration. What was said was that some asset were not captured in his declaration.

Why it is painted as fraud is because it is alleged that he has a Domiciliary account with foreign exchange in it and as such, he broke the law by operating a foreign account.

Unfortunately in their foolishness they forgot that the law has no issues with judges operating Domiciliary account, because their annual estacodes for foreign trips is paid in dollars (if you don't know, know now).

What the laws says for them is not to operate accounts in foreign banks.......
There is a big difference between operating a Domiciliary account in first bank and operating an account in a bank in the US.

All judges at the Supreme court get Domiciliary accounts, for estacodes, that one na normal.

They simply took advantages of the fact that most of them just resubmit their already existing asset declaration, highest they change dates and send.

A simple letter to the CJN asking him to update his asset declaration attaching the alleged petition is enough, but because they want him out, because FG has not signed the electoral act, all post election issues will be handled by tribunal under the charge of the CJN.

The judgements of the CCT is a suggestion as far as saraki goes, if 2/3 majority of the house doesn't send him off, the charges are CCT were ill-prepared datzall.....

Justice Tanko is the most senior judge after Onnoghen, he is from bauchi and is their person. Onnoghen is the first Southern CJN since 1987, he is not the kind of person that will accept shenanigans from APC, so leave all this theories.

Danladi is a stooge of the FG, hiding under his own jurisdiction, SSG of the FG, else by now his career for be like justice abang own, whey dey give judgement based on whether E nairabet ticket cur, yes or no
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Charly68: 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
This people will destroy this country with their legal jargons ,they kept perpetrating atrocity in the name of independence of judiciary ,they hardly resign when caught disobeying the law they sworn to protect . Must will result to jungle justice in the land to drive home our grievances against these men
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Vickym1(f): 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
godliman:
This govt is a replica of Abachas
Is abacha not better that this govt
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by festacman(m): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
specter:

Hey! Bia !! Okoro can i borrow ya brain? I am in love with your brain and i just wanna borrow it to go and see that my uncle that is owing me settlement money.

I will leture it with 30% wokem-madu. Just think about it.

Lol
Re: You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government by Kusetic(m): 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
ericsmith:

the rate @ which wailers crown any person indicted by buhari administration hope of common man , hero of democracy is so laughable.
how can the trial of CJN chairman distort the hope of common man .. onnoghen had 84 lawyers in CCT today how many common man can afford that.
in the last 3yrs how many common man has pdp/wailers shown support .
There is no hope for common man when each arms of govt keeps acting , we are above the law that is what the lawyers are playing @ now ...
judiciary is for the rich , no money no justice ...

Majority of those against the prosecution of the CJN don't realise that this case shows up the judicial arm for what it is, a mockery. Hell, the three arms of government in Nigeria are a disgrace and many of our people help it remain that way for ridiculous sentiments. Can we just get to the end of the country already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alhassan "Mama Taraba" With Clutches At Jalingo In Airport / Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies / Lai Mohammed Exposes Politicians Sponsoring Herdsmen Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.