Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists (1065 Views)

APC Insists On Lawan, Submits Name To INEC / BREAKING: Onnoghen: Senate Approaches Supreme Court, Suspends Plan To Reconvene / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by happney65: 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
"The All Progressives Congress has insisted that the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, must face his corruption trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

The ruling party said the noise being made by the Peoples Democratic Party and some elements in the bar was an indication of unholy alliance to frustrate the fight against corruption.

This was contained in an address by the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Lanre Issa-Onilu, on Monday.

“Following the notice of the charges preferred against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, by the Code of Conduct Bureau at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, the Peoples Democratic Party has been on overdrive vituperating over an issue that should at best be left to the judiciary to resolve,” Issa-Onilu said.

Continuing, he noted, “While we would not want to be lured into discussing issues that are presently before the courts and for which any respectable political party hoping to hold positions of responsibility should restrain itself, we regret to suggest that the PDP’s attempt to hoodwink Nigerians into believing that there is a political motive behind the allegation brought against the CJN might itself be indicative of some unholy alliances.

“The likely affinity existing between the PDP and a section of the judiciary is further accentuated by the nonappearance of Justice Onnoghen before the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Monday, in line with the suggestions made by the PDP governors from the South-South on Sunday.

“Are Nigerians expected to see this as a mere coincidence? Is the PDP and their governors acting a script? Haven’t we missed an opportunity to show confidence in an institution headed by the CJN?

“This becomes more worrisome, knowing that the PDP campaigns have been receiving cold shoulders everywhere they have gone to and it has become apparent the party and its presidential candidate are facing imminent defeat in the February 2019 elections and may be searching for some unorthodox means of forcing itself on the Nigerian people.

“If this were not so, the PDP should, before coming to these distracting conclusions, have taken cognisance of the facts of the allegations made against the CJN and his admission to the facts so stated.

“The only logical conclusion in the circumstance is that realising the refusal of Nigerians to allow the deception of the PDP con them into returning the party to power, the opposition party has alongside some pliable human rights activists devised a plot to distract the APC and indeed the good people of Nigeria from addressing the very important issues on the APC’s manifesto in the electioneering process.”

Issa-Onilu claimed that the APC has also noticed “the very dangerous attempt to designate the CJN’s arraignment along ethnic and religious lines, thereby trying to heat up the polity by evoking primordial sentiment which would do the country no good.”

“This is an ungodly ploy when we consider that the CJN was an officer of the federation rather than that of any region,” he warned.

“We therefore urge all Nigerians of good conscience to caution the PDP as the country is bigger than any political party or the interest it represents, and nothing should stop the country’s steady march into sustainable democratic governance.”

“In our earlier statement on the CJN’s CCT trial, we had noted the PDP’s shocking and innate proclivity to defend cases of corruption anytime it arises.

“The call by the PDP South-South Governors for the CJN to boycott the CCT trial further cements our position. Let it be reiterated that nobody– no matter how highly placed — should be above the laws of the land.

“We wish to put on record that the virulent attack that has come from the PDP in the wake of the trial of the CJN over alleged false asset declaration is particularly worrisome and suspicious when the PDP has in fact called for the removal of virtually all heads of government’s arms, particularly the Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission and Inspector General of the Police over frivolous issues.

“While the will not be drawn into debates on the legality and sponsored conspiracies of the CCT trial, we insist that our democratic and constitutional institutions must be allowed to operate without interference and undue pressure from partisan and sundry interests as being done by the PDP and its cronies.

“The CCT trial is a legal matter, let the law run its course. The CJN must go through the instrumentalities of the courts, more importantly as an institution he represents. Indeed, this is the true test of our constitution, rule of law and will deepen democracy.

“Where there are contestations on institutional procedures, we must allow same institutions perform their functions unhindered, autocorrect if necessary and set good precedence on future matters.

“This is the only way we can build strong and lasting institutions,” Issa-Onilu concluded"

https://punchng.com/breaking-onnoghen-must-face-trial-apc-insists/

2 Likes

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Olatunji1929: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lol condemned party of skillful thieves he must face his trial while babachir lawal akpabio,osihomole and all apc thieves must be given GCFR

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by criminalmindz: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2019
Everytime they are talking corruption, corruption . as if that's the only thing that matters. do APC think this corruption talk is selling to electorates? NIGERIANS are ready to vote an armed robber as president ,as long as is not Buhari. we just want a change to bigotry, nepotism, impunity and lawlessness.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Kanixt(m): 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
Satanic party APC. If this happens to us in the north irrespective of your party affiliation we will speak with one voice as we did on Jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Vickym1(f): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
How about the looters in ur camp e.g gandollar, rotimi, babachir, maina, akpabio, oshiomole etc have they face their own charges yet Hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Guestlander: 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
criminalmindz:
Everytime they are talking corruption, corruption . as if that's the only thing that matters. do APC think this corruption talk is selling to electorates? NIGERIANS are ready to vote an armed robber as president ,as long as is not Buhari. we just want a change to bigotry, nepotism, impunity and lawlessness.

It is selling to me. Billions and billions stolen over the years is the reason why Nigeria is struggling with everything. Nigeria produces not up 4000 mw of electricity while South Africa produces more than 27000
The story is the same in health care, education and other infrastructures.
Ethiopia, a country ravaged by war and famine came back and now runs the largest airline in Africa.
If I had my way, trials of treasury looters will be swift and followed by bullets paid for by their own family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
They are wasting their time. Clowns!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Maxymilliano(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
Buhari the Fraudster and his senseless supporters said election is too close for him to sign Electoral Bill into law, too close to change the IG of Police, and too close to change confused Service Chiefs but wasn't close to arraign and try Chief Justice of Federation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by megacity: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
This corruption fight must begin with PMB and Osinbajo making their asset declarations public

3 Likes

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by criminalmindz: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
Guestlander:

It is selling to me. Billions and billions stolen over the years is the reason why Nigeria to is struggling with everything. Nigeria produces not up 4000 mw of electricity while South Africa produces more than 27000
The story is the same in health care, education and other infrastructures.
Ethiopia, a country ravaged by war and famine came back and now runs the largest airline in Africa.
If I had my way, trials of treasury looters will be swift and followed by bullets paid for by their own family.
POVERTY MENTALITY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Guestlander: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
criminalmindz:

POVERTY MENTALITY

You will probably kill to be where I am. I feel sorry for willing tools and idiots like you. There's zero chance that I will ever experience what most of you and your family are going through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Timatayo1: 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
Onilu ko ONI drum ni
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by vicdom(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
grin
#Hardest things to find on earth:
1. Peace at APC rally
2. Buhari on live TV
3. Lie Mohammed telling the truth!

The angel that chose Nigeria for me as a country of birth will have an explanation to make on judgement day on why he gave me Nigeria�
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by obaataaokpaewu: 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
They have turned it Corruption case
That was how they used "MUST" in Saraki's case but the man is still there
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Vickym1(f): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
vicdom:
grin
#Hardest things to find on earth:
1. Peace at APC rally
2. Buhari on live TV
3. Lie Mohammed telling the truth!

The angel that chose Nigeria for me as a country of birth will have an explanation to make on judgement day on why he gave me Nigeria�
cheesy cheesy cheesy abeg no kee me with laf cheesy
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Racoon(m): 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
"..The ruling party said the noise being made by the Peoples Democratic Party and some elements in the bar was an indication of unholy alliance to frustrate the fight against corruption..."
Guess it's the same "unholy alliance that frustrate the hypocritical and vindictive APC government corruption fight against:
-Maina billion naira pension funds fraud,
-Ayo Oke $13.4Billion NIA-Ikoyi-gate,
-VP Osinbajo #5B NEMA scandal,
-Mikanti Baru $25B NNPC-gate,
-Lawal Babachir #240M PINE scandal
-Yusuf Buhari #55M power bike scandal.
-Aisha Buhari #2.5Billion unknown gift donors scam
-Lai Muhammed #13M MOI inter-agency donation scandal.
-Rotimi Amaechi $50B PH monorail scandalamong many
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by ChidiAlaigbo: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
I thoroughly HATE the easterners. They don't mean well for this country at all, yet most of them will be crying if you ask them to go to their Biafra.
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by knightsTempler: 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
Bashiru Abba writes:-
"CJN Onnoghen: Petition written on 7 jan, 2019. Petition recieved on 9 jan, 2019. Investigated and charged by CCB on 11 jan, 2019. To be arraigned on 14 jan, 2019.
This is coming from a govt that took 8 months to appoint ministers, 4 years to commence cleaning of Ogoni land, 2 years and counting Babachir Lawan is still a free man, 4 years to build a prison complex in Kano. A goverment lead by a President who proudly acknowledges that he is “Baba go slow” and you want me to believe this is not a premeditated move?"issorite!
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Feraz(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:
I thoroughly HATE the easterners. They don't mean well for this country at all, yet most of them will be crying if you ask them to go to their Biafra.
Look at the person who mean well for the nation. cheesy

I love how you are trying to rope the SE into this whole thing when the article above explicitly mentioned the PDP governors from the SS. Tomorrow, if SE/SS decides on Biafra, you'll be the first person to shout and term the SEers 'land grabbers' and wanting to steal oil!

The Easterners don't love/pretend to love pretentious and hypocritical lots like you, so it's a two way thing. smiley
Re: Breaking..onnoghen Must Face Trial, APC Insists by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Guestlander:

You will probably kill to be where I am. I feel sorry for willing tools and idiots like you. There's zero chance that I will ever experience what most of you and your family are going through.

Mr, u are a nobody. Stop feeling fly

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures From PDP Campaign Rally In Bauchi / Buhari’s Administration Treats Osinbajo Like A Glorified Houseboy —Akin Osuntoku / Why Buhari Will Not Get 60% In Northern Nigeria Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.