Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo (18353 Views)

US Indicts Two Nigerians In $3.3 Million House Rent Scheme In Nevada / Grand Jury Indicts Olalekan Ponle Of Fraud, Faces 20 Years in Prison / The Woman Who Is Accused Of Fraud At Union Bank In Abuja Is Also A Pastor(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by BillgatesMaigad(m): 10:26am On Jan 15, 2019
I need a number to report some criminal activities by fraudsters to the EFCC

As a Distinguished and decorated Nigerian youth, I have a responsibility to fight crime.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by Speedyconnect15: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2019
Everybody na bishop now.

Me sef na data bishop

See below shocked
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by kinghopex(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2019
PythonDancer:
An average Christian is fraudulent
... SEE YOUR PAPA
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by GOFRONT(m): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2019
Cunny men doing what they do best.......Nigerians and greediness are like 5&6
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by truthnow: 10:41am On Jan 15, 2019
Chai! So this Fake Prophet is still travelling to different cities defrauding people. Most of Enugu residence including myself are still leaking their wounds of his fraudulent acts running to Billions of Naira...Pls EFCC do not let this man slip through your fingers this time...Possibility arraigned him court in Benin and Enugu. Make public announcement of his arraignment. . Millions will testify against him to serve as deterrent to his likes...please EFCC Do NOT swept this one under the carpet. I BEG YOU PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF GOD. May justice be served at last.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2019
Hahaha
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2019
PythonDancer:
An average Nigerian not Christian
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by SMT042(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2019
This same Ginika Obi dat defrauded thousands of people in Enugu 5 years ago , through dz his get rich quick scamming business . Why would EFCC release him in d first place . Shaking my head 4 dz shithole country .
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by semyman: 10:55am On Jan 15, 2019
Churches are breeding ground for fraudulent activities and immorality, the Pastors and the GOs are retired G men
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by nelsonoba: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2019
priceaction:

Wrong,. Say average modernised pastors or imams or religious leaders.
chirstain are those living a chirst life and genuine ones are not fraudulent. Don't say what you don't know.

Still not correct......say an average Nigerian is fraudulent. It takes a very conscious effort and decision to not be fraudulent in Nigeria. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a Pastor!

In more cases than not, the average Nigerian you see who hasn't been found committing fraud is the one who has not found himself in the opportunity to commit. This is why what goes on in the mind of the average poor Nigerian, including most of the masses that are being oppressed is "let God bless me and put me in a position where I can chop(loot)". This is why a politician like Tinubu or Ganduje comes out today and millions of followers are hailing them. This is why our culture celebrates ill-gotten wealth and even give chieftaincy titles to people who stole to get rich. So stop blaming pastors because those pastors are still Nigerians.

The pastor you see committing fraud today was already a fraudster before he took upon himself the title of "Pastor". Martin Luther King Jr said "people should be judged by the content of their character and not the colour of their skin(You can modify this to also include their titles as well)" .

No pastor can fool me at this stage of my life because I only need to listen to your message and watch your lifestyle for a short while to discern if you are real or fake. It is very simple.....Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them. But most people won't go and study the bible to know God's standards and they then come and depend on daddy freeze to tell them who is a real or fake pastor.

Except a man experiences genuine conversion and decides to repent, he will certainly perpetuate fraud someday if the prize is right and he sees he can get away with it. Me that is talking, the only reason I will rather die of hunger than defraud another man if the opportunity arises is simply because I understand there is a God watching all i do, and I will give account of my life when I die. Anybody who doesn't understand this simple fact will commit fraud someday and it doesn't matter if they are pastor or not.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by Xisnin(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2019
KingThreatzz:
Why is MMMs Chuddy Ugorji not in jail?
He is not in Nigeria/Nigerian.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by DavSagacity(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2019
HappyPagan:

the only genuine Christian died on the Cross... the rest are impostors...
You are not too far from Salvation and being saved since you already know that Jesus indeed Died for the sins of mankind on the Cross.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by HappyPagan: 11:57am On Jan 15, 2019
DavSagacity:

You are not too far from Salvation and being saved since you already know that Jesus indeed Died for the sins of mankind on the Cross.
I don't need salvation.. Only slaves and dead men do.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by Patrioticman007(m): 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
semyman:
Churches are breeding ground for fraudulent activities and immorality, the Pastors and the GOs are retired G men

What a religion .......
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by immortalcrown(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
This same man abandoned his big church at Enugu-Port Harcourt express way and ran away because of MMM saga. Ask anyone that knows Ugwuaji or New artisan in Enugu State.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by stanliwise(m): 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2019
HappyPagan:

the only genuine Christian died on the Cross... the rest are impostors...
Olodo Jesus Christ is not a Christian.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by alowonle02(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
hahn:
What about Oyedepo, TB Joshua, Oyakhilome and co who promise reward after death with no tangible proof but collect billions in tithes and offering.

That is also a ponzi scheme na
Absolutely ponzi scheme, I will refer their followers to check their Bible Mathew 7:21-23
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by HappyPagan: 1:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
stanliwise:
Olodo Jesus Christ is not a Christian.
Yeah, he was Jewish.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by ikennamadu1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
PythonDancer:
that's why u be Islamic bastard.
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by stanliwise(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
HappyPagan:
Yeah, he was Jewish.
so how does other christain now becomes an imposter
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by HappyPagan: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
stanliwise:
so how does other christain now becomes an imposter
Obviously, your emotions move faster than your reasoning.

Take life slowly, and read the post again.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by leriment: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
frankfrancis871:
sad

How dare them!

Nobody has the right to touch a man of God!

"Touch not my anointed ones and do my prophets no harm"

Even if he kills your mother, who are you to touch a man of God?

unfortunately for you.. your brain is so primitive to wrap around the fact that not all that claim to be something are what they claim to be.. so if anyone wakes up and calls himself a man of God, he automatically becomes a man of God and u must try to slander God for what that person does.. mtchew
Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by movetoca: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2019
hahn:
What about Oyedepo, TB Joshua, Oyakhilome and co who promise reward after death with no tangible proof but collect billions in tithes and offering.

That is also a ponzi scheme na
You are a troublemaker. Their members will come for your head soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by stanliwise(m): 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
HappyPagan:
Obviously, your emotions move faster than your reasoning.
Take life slowly, and read the post again.
Gerra out here.

Re: EFCC Arrests Bishop Giniko Obi Accused Of Fraud, Operating Ponzi Scheme In Edo by visiblegold(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
mediaNGR:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), Benin Zonal Office has arrested a Bishop and suspected fraudster, Giniko Obi, for allegedly defrauding thousands of people of various sums of money running into millions of naira, in the guise of helping them “fight poverty”.

A statement released by the acting spokesperson of the antigraft agency, Tony Orilade, says Obi who is the founder of Beloved
Gideon Foundation, based in Agbor, Delta State, with outreaches in Bayelsa, Onitsha, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Benin City, denied any involvement in fraud claiming that he was only “doing the will of God by trying to help the people fight poverty”.

According to Obi, it was his desire and God’s will to see people prosper that led him into operating what appears to be a Ponzi Scheme. Obi who claim to be a consecrated Bishop, possessing a diploma in theology explains thus:

According to him, when he left Agbor for Lagos, his desire was to expand his subscription base but his subscribers were impatient.

One of them, Janet Amaka Okafor, said the Bishop sold a dummy to them by claiming that he was from the famous Gideons International, based in the United States.

According to her

On how she became a victim of the scheme, Okafor, 35, who claims she has never participated in any ponzi scheme in the past said she fell for his tricks because the “Bishop” swore with the bible.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/efcc-arrests-bishop-over-alleged-fraud.html

My money is involved since June till now story's everywhere
The man has sent some of our brother to village
He made me to do what I don't want to do
He must pay for it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hong Kong Police Intercepts 1.3Tons Of Drugs Worth £100Million(Pics) / Bricklayer Rapes Wife’s Nine-year-old Sister In Osun / Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.