Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying (14919 Views)

Border Closure: Smugglers Devise New Methods To Beat Customs / Bayelsa, Kogi Elections: INEC Uncovers Underage Governorship Candidates / Osun Rerun: White Handkerchief As A Sign Of Vote Buying (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by GavelSlam: 7:17am On Jan 15, 2019
kennypoka2:

You still haven't told us why they haven't talked that their PVC was collected from them.

Bro, forget sentiments.. Just calm down and think. Is it possible for PVC to be collected in such manner and no one would have said something? Osinbajo doesn't know who is supporting them o.. He doesn't know if some are other parties' card carrier. He is just going round to share 10k based on a scheme he believes in. Now tell me, will it be possible to collect PVCs of these people and one person won't have raised an alarm? I will be waiting for your reply.

He has no response other than hearsay and conjecture.

1 Like

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by kennypoka2(m): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2019
GavelSlam:

He has no response other than hearsay and conjecture.

Most of them just write with sentiments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2019
kennypoka2:

You still haven't told us why they haven't talked that their PVC was collected from them.

Bro, forget sentiments.. Just calm down and think. Is it possible for PVC to be collected in such manner and no one would have said something? Osinbajo doesn't know who is supporting them o.. He doesn't know if some are other parties' card carrier. He is just going round to share 10k based on a scheme he believes in. Now tell me, will it be possible to collect PVCs of these people and one person won't have raised an alarm? I will be waiting for your reply.

Go back to my original post and read carefully.

Just in case you think I edited it before posting this, check where you quoted me.

The PVC NUMBERS were collected and written down.

Read. Assimilate. Comprehend.

Bye.
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Vickthore: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2019
chriskosherbal:
INEC can discover whatever they like one thing is clear here that come Feb, what an average Nigerians want is a conduct of a free and fair election totally void of election malpractice/rigging .
Totally void of rigging? Where do u want to see dt.? That was d way PDP thought us during prof Iwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by kennypoka2(m): 7:44am On Jan 15, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Go back to my original post and read carefully.

Just in case you think I edited it before posting this, check where you quoted me.

The PVC NUMBERS were collected and written down.

Read. Assimilate. Comprehend.

Bye.

You haven't answered my question yet! I'm not asking how they collected it, I said why has no one come out to say something.. Did they close the mouth of millions of people? So no one would have found this collection of PVC numbers weird and raise alarm over the internet or somehow. I'm just curious as to why you know this.. They told you or you saw them do it right? If you had seen them, why have thousands like you that would have seen it or heard about it too not said something? You can't be the only one that knows this right?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by MrCEO69(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2019
adebuk47:
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Monday said it had discovered new methods to be used by some politicians to buy votes in the forthcoming general elections.

Speaking at an interactive session with traditional rulers in in Osun State, the INEC National Commissioner, Mr Festus Okoye, however warned that any politicians caught buying votes or engaging in acts that could have negative effects on the elections would be punished.

Okoye, who was represented by the Osun State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr Segun Agbaje, said the commission had been informed that some people were inducing voters to release their PVCs or Voter Identification Numbers.

He said the intention behind the moves was to either stop the owners of the cards from voting or to attempt using the VIN to hack into the commission’s website and preload card readers ahead of the elections.

He said, “We have introduced a partial ban on the use of mobile phones and other photographic devices by voters while in the voting cubicles. Also, we are introducing the rolling and flattening of ballot papers by voters before casting them into the ballot boxes.

“However, new methods of vote-buying are being devised. We have received credible information that some partisan actors are now buying PVCs from voters or financially inducing them to collect the Voter Identification Numbers on their PVCs. In some instances, telephone numbers and details of bank accounts of voters have been collected.”

He however assured the public that the commission would work with the security agents to deal with the violators of electoral laws.

Agbaje said anyone found guilty of buying votes would pay either a fine of N1m or be sentenced to one year in prison, adding that multiple registration, impersonation and being in possession of more than one PVC would attract N1m fine or a 12-month jail term or both.

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, urged royal fathers in the state to ensure that there was peace before and during the elections in their areas.
source:

https://punchng.com/inec-uncovers-new-methods-of-vote-buying/

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 15, 2019
Inec is a rogue institution institutionalized by rogue politicians.... All they do is talk , their motives already known to them and nothing far fetch from the understanding of an average Nigerian. #INECISWORSTTHANVOTEBUYING~Give us free&fair election.
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 15, 2019
Sir its really oooo!!! I swear its fucking real ! Tho both party are involves, and I have seen people who sold out theirs for 10k each.
kennypoka2:

You haven't answered my question yet! I'm not asking how they collected it, I said why has no one come out to say something.. Did they close the mouth of millions of people? So no one would have found this collection of PVC numbers weird and raise alarm over the internet or somehow. I'm just curious as to why you know this.. They told you or you saw them do it right? If you had seen them, why have thousands like you that would have seen it or heard about it too not said something? You can't be the only one that knows this right?
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by lomprico(m): 8:28am On Jan 15, 2019
Trader money nko?
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by kennypoka2(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2019
skybird212:
Sir its really oooo!!! I swear its fucking real ! Tho both party are involves, and I have seen people who sold out theirs for 10k each.

I know people are doing.. I know.. What I'm asking and I want your sincere response, is it with this tradermoni project that APC is using to collect PVC numbers?

1 Like

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Oluwo1: 8:31am On Jan 15, 2019
izzy4shizzy:
I have serious concerns for this election, I don't trust INEC at all, they are so disorganised, to register voters was problem even to collect the said PVC is poorly handled, if INEC can't come up with smart ways to collect PVC, how then can they run a free fair and credible election

INEC is our last hope of democracy, but I can't see them delivering that

Now they are already preparing excuse of people trying to hack their website, website that would have cost them billions to build as usual oo
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 15, 2019
Lol... Trader money is not PVC buying, I didn't say that and sorry I didn't read ur write up fully before commenting. But even tho trader's money is not issued in exchange for PVC buying, as a typical Nigeria we all understand is a kind of campaign ahead of upcoming election. But sincerely I'm not against it cuz PDP would do the same if given the privilege
kennypoka2:

I know people are doing.. I know.. What I'm asking and I want your sincere response, is it with this tradermoni project that APC is using to collect PVC numbers?

1 Like

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by bigiyaro(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2019
story for the gods. trader Moni is d biggest vote buying scheme.
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Donraqh(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2019
And what do you call "Trader Moni"

Vote selling?

INEC should stop all these nonsense propaganda let's here word.

INEC have been bought, they ain't independent but an extension of the ruling cabal.

1 Like

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by chrischukszy01(m): 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
post=74773042:
INEC keep doing the good job you are doing to block all avenues for election malpractices.
We believe in you to be fair to all concern.
Professor Jega has laid a good foundation behind.

Can't wait for FeBuhari 16th 2019.

Sai Baba all the way....

Shout up ur dirty mouth dia, go to d north n see Hausa women having more than 5 PVCs with different names but same photographs.
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by awuf2008: 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Next election may not be fair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Commissions ABS Newly Injection Power Substation (Photos) / Genetically Modified crops being grown on Nigerian soil by Western nation firms / Mma Okpara Visits Governor Ikpeazu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.