Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying (14905 Views)

Border Closure: Smugglers Devise New Methods To Beat Customs / Bayelsa, Kogi Elections: INEC Uncovers Underage Governorship Candidates / Osun Rerun: White Handkerchief As A Sign Of Vote Buying (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by adebuk47(m): 3:08am On Jan 15, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Monday said it had discovered new methods to be used by some politicians to buy votes in the forthcoming general elections.

Speaking at an interactive session with traditional rulers in in Osun State, the INEC National Commissioner, Mr Festus Okoye, however warned that any politicians caught buying votes or engaging in acts that could have negative effects on the elections would be punished.

Okoye, who was represented by the Osun State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr Segun Agbaje, said the commission had been informed that some people were inducing voters to release their PVCs or Voter Identification Numbers.

He said the intention behind the moves was to either stop the owners of the cards from voting or to attempt using the VIN to hack into the commission’s website and preload card readers ahead of the elections.

He said, “We have introduced a partial ban on the use of mobile phones and other photographic devices by voters while in the voting cubicles. Also, we are introducing the rolling and flattening of ballot papers by voters before casting them into the ballot boxes.

“However, new methods of vote-buying are being devised. We have received credible information that some partisan actors are now buying PVCs from voters or financially inducing them to collect the Voter Identification Numbers on their PVCs. In some instances, telephone numbers and details of bank accounts of voters have been collected.”

He however assured the public that the commission would work with the security agents to deal with the violators of electoral laws.

Agbaje said anyone found guilty of buying votes would pay either a fine of N1m or be sentenced to one year in prison, adding that multiple registration, impersonation and being in possession of more than one PVC would attract N1m fine or a 12-month jail term or both.

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, urged royal fathers in the state to ensure that there was peace before and during the elections in their areas.
source:

https://punchng.com/inec-uncovers-new-methods-of-vote-buying/

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by chriskosherbal(m): 3:13am On Jan 15, 2019
INEC can discover whatever they like one thing is clear here that come Feb, what an average Nigerians want is a conduct of a free and fair election totally void of election malpractice/rigging .

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15am On Jan 15, 2019
INEC keep doing the good job you are doing to block all avenues for election malpractices.
We believe in you to be fair to all concern.
Professor Jega has laid a good foundation behind.

Can't wait for FeBuhari 16th 2019.

Sai Baba all the way....

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by helinues: 6:20am On Jan 15, 2019
Good one.

Anything to make the 2019 free, fair and credible are welcomed

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by HisMajesty1(m): 6:33am On Jan 15, 2019
Nigerians are crafty in negativity.

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:33am On Jan 15, 2019
I have serious concerns for this election, I don't trust INEC at all, they are so disorganised, to register voters was problem even to collect the said PVC is poorly handled, if INEC can't come up with smart ways to collect PVC, how then can they run a free fair and credible election

INEC is our last hope of democracy, but I can't see them delivering that

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by SamuelTurner(m): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2019
Nairaland Pole
Like for Atiku
Share for Buhari

for hot news
https://gossip9jagirl.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Abjay97(m): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2019
Is it the INEC that has been bought already? Lol

Top Ten Relationship Problems You Cannot Avoid
https://www./2018/12/top-ten-relationship-problems-most.html

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by englishmart(m): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2019
��� The newest and most efficient means is the Osinbajo led trader moni campaign .. ���

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by ayourbamie: 6:35am On Jan 15, 2019
Trader moni nko?

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Masterbet112: 6:35am On Jan 15, 2019
See prove below

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by kaen1317: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2019
Is it INEC that's no longer independent?
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:36am On Jan 15, 2019
What of TraderMoni?

Why must poor, starving market people drop their PVC numbers before getting the measly N10k?

Mmmmmmm?

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by orion7: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2019
post=74773042:
INEC keep doing the good job you are doing to block all avenues for election malpractices.

Sai Baba all the way....
only youruba Muslims and them mc oluomo touts want this next level (some youruba muslims)

show me prominent youruba Christians gunning for buhari
I will show you an igbo muslim

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by emeijeh(m): 6:36am On Jan 15, 2019
post=74773042:

Sai Baba all the way....

FailBuhari kee you there.

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by PointZerom: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2019
Buhari don't want us to cover his rigging with our phones.

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by mycar: 6:38am On Jan 15, 2019
APC is useless in its entirety, simple technology, you can perfect.
How come we don't get this type of news on our international passports, drivers license and modern ATM cards, can't APC controlled INEC improve on what PDP administration started?
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Pavore9: 6:40am On Jan 15, 2019
Yawns.....
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by apesinola001: 6:46am On Jan 15, 2019
orion7:
only youruba Muslims and them mc oluomo touts want this next level
Please not all Yoruba Muslim

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by orion7: 6:47am On Jan 15, 2019
apesinola001:
Please not all Yoruba Muslim
true not all.

many they sha. may Allah help them
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by ArmaniUhuru: 6:47am On Jan 15, 2019
*BREAKING NEWS: *

CJN RESIGNS!!!

Chinedu Joseph Nnamdi (CJN) has just resigned from his teaching job at Government college, Delta State.

Details shortly ....

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Colb461: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2019
izzy4shizzy:
I have serious concerns for this election, I don't trust INEC at all, they are so disorganised, to register voters was problem even to collect the said PVC is poorly handled, if INEC can't come up with smart ways to collect PVC, how then can they run a free fair and credible election

INEC is our last hope of democracy, but I can't see them delivering that
my guy u can't even trust anybody during d election

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by fasho01(m): 6:52am On Jan 15, 2019
Nigerian politicians and desperation is like 5&6

With how attractive public office is, why won't they be desperate
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by kennypoka2(m): 6:54am On Jan 15, 2019
Jeezuzpick:
What of TraderMoni?

Why must poor, starving market people drop their PVC numbers before getting the measly N10k?

Mmmmmmm?

Has any of them come out to say their PVCs were collected? Use your brain for once.
Something like that will be happening and no one would have talked and there will be no video?

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by bigtt76(f): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2019
Rolling and flattening of ballot papers would cause the thumb print to smear the paper and invalidate the vote.... These people get sense so? undecided Except they intend using a highly ink soluble ballot paper or quick to dry ink which I doubt

adebuk47:
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Monday said it had discovered new methods to be used by some politicians to buy votes in the forthcoming general elections.

Speaking at an interactive session with traditional rulers in in Osun State, the INEC National Commissioner, Mr Festus Okoye, however warned that any politicians caught buying votes or engaging in acts that could have negative effects on the elections would be punished.

Okoye, who was represented by the Osun State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr Segun Agbaje, said the commission had been informed that some people were inducing voters to release their PVCs or Voter Identification Numbers.

He said the intention behind the moves was to either stop the owners of the cards from voting or to attempt using the VIN to hack into the commission’s website and preload card readers ahead of the elections.

He said, “We have introduced a partial ban on the use of mobile phones and other photographic devices by voters while in the voting cubicles. Also, we are introducing the rolling and flattening of ballot papers by voters before casting them into the ballot boxes.

“However, new methods of vote-buying are being devised. We have received credible information that some partisan actors are now buying PVCs from voters or financially inducing them to collect the Voter Identification Numbers on their PVCs. In some instances, telephone numbers and details of bank accounts of voters have been collected.”

He however assured the public that the commission would work with the security agents to deal with the violators of electoral laws.

Agbaje said anyone found guilty of buying votes would pay either a fine of N1m or be sentenced to one year in prison, adding that multiple registration, impersonation and being in possession of more than one PVC would attract N1m fine or a 12-month jail term or both.

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, urged royal fathers in the state to ensure that there was peace before and during the elections in their areas.
source:

https://punchng.com/inec-uncovers-new-methods-of-vote-buying/
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2019
kennypoka2:

Has any of them come out to say their PVCs were collected? Use your brain for once.
Something like that will be happening and no one would have talked and there will be no video?

People who are trying to ban video capture devices at polling booths, you think they will allow videos where they are doing their evil?

Idiot!

Why not leave my post alone if you have nothing of value to say?

Money was distributed in a market very close to my home! I know people PERSONALLY who sell foodstuff to us, and I know what was done before they got the stupid N10k!

The poor, undereducated people were told this is to identify them so as not to collect more than once!

Abeg, go siddon!

Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by aolawale025: 7:06am On Jan 15, 2019
The INEC guidelines itself is friendly to rigging.
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 15, 2019
Like Atiku and Share Buhari!
Re: INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying by kennypoka2(m): 7:12am On Jan 15, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Idiot!

Why not leave my post alone if you have nothing of value to say?

Money was distributed in a market very close to my home! I know people PERSONALLY who sell foodstuff to us, and I know what was done before they got the stupid N10k!

Abeg, go siddon!

You still haven't told us why they haven't talked that their PVC was collected from them.

Bro, forget sentiments.. Just calm down and think. Is it possible for PVC to be collected in such manner and no one would have said something? Osinbajo doesn't know who is supporting them o.. He doesn't know if some are other parties' card carrier. He is just going round to share 10k based on a scheme he believes in. Now tell me, will it be possible to collect PVCs of these people and one person won't have raised an alarm? I will be waiting for your reply.

Kwankwaso's Campaign Organisation Denies Endorsement Of Tinubu / Rev Gbejoro: Shettima Re-Built Churches Destroyed By Enemies Of Christianity / PHOTOS: NANS Visit To Obasanjo Yesterday