Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 (1094 Views)

Itsekiri's Olu Tussle: Oyowoli Emiko Takes Omo-Oba Tsola Emiko To Court / Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos / Obaship Tussle: Royal Family Begs Dapo Abiodun To Act On Illegality At Ibese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by tbtosine(m): 5:45am On Jan 15, 2019
SUPREME COURT DECIDES ON AKUNGBA OBASHIP TUSSLE JANUARY 16

The supreme court has fixed a date for the ruling on injunction, stay of execution, of coronation of prince oseni isiaka as Alale of Akungba Akoko and hearing of the substantive suit respectively.

The apex court fixed January 16, 2019 for the case with suit number SC 155/2018 while counsels to parties have been duly notified.
The case is between Julius Olanipon and prince Emmanuel Salau as well Sunday Akeju from Agure-Mokun branch of the Ole ruling house of Akungba Akoko.
The stay of execution was filed by Julius Olanipon to restrain Ondo State Government from executing the court of appeal verdict of December 11, 2017 which affirmed the High Court judgement of December 20, 2013 that declared prince oseni isiaka as the new Alale of Akungba Akoko.
The stay of execution and injunction was initially filed at appeal court but struck out upon the withdrawal request by appellant before it was file at the apex court.
Counsel to the appellant, Barister Olabanjo Ayenakin claimed that one Mr Sunday Ajimoh has already occupied the royal throne.
He however urged the apex court to grant the stay of execution and injunction on the appeal court judgement.
Meanwhile counsel to the respondent, Agure mokun family branch of ole ruling house, Mallam Gani Ashiru asked the Supreme Court to strike out the prayer of the appelant for stay of execution and injunction since it is a declarative judgement.
He also submitted that the apex court should sack one Mr Sunday Ajimoh who was wrongfully and illegally installed as Alale of Akungba Akoko by the immediate past administration in the state having flagrantly disobeyed court order not to do so.
Meanwhile the Alale Elect, Prince Oseni Isiaka Adu&m and Akungba community in general have appealed to the Ondo State Government led by Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, and heads of security agencies to fortify the university town with maximum security to forestall any possible breakdown of law and order on that day.
It would be recalled that Akungba Akoko in Akoko Aouth West Local Government Area of Ondo State has been in obaship crisis since the demise of oba Omoshowon Adekanye in December 2003.
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by Lisaint(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
The other thread has been closed by the mods

You said something about been in session in 2013

Well I have not been admitted then
I got admitted in 2015...

Something happen in late 2017
I think it was after a judgment given by the court
If you see the way Men of the NPF were stationed at the palace with different Armour Tank. And Hilux of different station,

I just think Akungba kingship family is been greedy with each other

They keep on dragging this case at the peril of the town

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by tbtosine(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
Lisaint:
The other thread has been closed by the mods

You said something about been in session in 2013

Well I have not been admitted then
I got admitted in 2015...

Something happen in late 2017
I think it was after a judgment given by the court
If you see the way Men of the NPF were stationed at the palace with different Armour Tank. And Hilux of different station,

I just think Akungba kingship family is been greedy with each other

They keep on dragging this case at the peril of the town
Firstly, there is need for me to appreciate the fact that you follow this thread up to this extent.
Yes. You're right about the NPF stationed around the palace after the court of appeal judgment in 2017... That was done to call the people of the town in order should incase they might be violence or any other form of unlawful protesters that may jeopardise the peace of the town.
That is exactly what they seek now for peace to reign in the town and please take note that since 2003 that the town have been on this issue of obaship no life or properties of any student or lecturer have been recorded lost as a result of the judgment given at court.
So ,no need to create panic or be panic over the issue.
Akungba is well known as one of the peaceful town in Ondo State. Very accommodating and friendly .
No need to be panic on the obaship tussle.
Both parties have chosen to take the legal measure to settle their dispute.
Once again ,thank you for your contribution.

Note.. I thought the other thread was closed due to multiple thread topic created by me.
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by Lisaint(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
tbtosine:

Firstly, there is need for me to appreciate the fact that you follow this thread up to this extent.
Yes. You're right about the NPF stationed around the palace after the court of appeal judgment in 2017... That was done to call the people of the town in order should incase they might be violence or any other form of unlawful protesters that may jeopardise the peace of the town.
That is exactly what they seek now for peace to reign in the town and please take note that since 2003 that the town have been on this issue of obaship no life or properties of any student or lecturer have been recorded lost as a result of the judgment given at court.
So ,no need to create panic or be panic over the issue.
Akungba is well known as one of the peaceful town in Ondo State. Very accommodating and friendly .
No need to be panic on the obaship tussle.
Both parties have chosen to take the legal measure to settle their dispute.
Once again ,thank you for your contribution.

Note.. I thought the other thread was closed due to multiple thread topic created by me.

Do you have an update about the outcome of today Supreme Court judgment
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by Lisaint(m): 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Lisaint:

Ooh it thought its today before
We await the to hear from the Supreme Court tomorrow..
Am really interested in the case
Thou am not an akungba indigene but I just felt the state government and the local government is really cheating them cause they have no king,
There is no one to speak for the town in official capacity..
Neither the state or local government has any project ongoing or commissioned there...
And it house a source of revenue to the state government
Take a look at the light situation,network, infrastructure, even the primary school sare just their without adequate attention...

I heard there's is a rd down permanent site that leads to Okah..
Network like that ought to be open
But
I think the scared throne has alot to offer in terms of development and representation

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by tbtosine(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
Lisaint:

If it is on the same issue under the main topic here sir. The hearing or judgment by the supreme court will hold on 16 of January 2019 which is tomorrow sir.

Any update requested from me shall be posted on the same thread. come here tomorrow.
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by tbtosine(m): 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
Lisaint:

Ooh it thought its today before
We await the to hear from the Supreme Court tomorrow..
Am really interested in the case
Thou am not an akungba indigene but I just felt the state government and the local government is really cheating them cause they have no king,
There is no one to speak for the town in official capacity..
Neither the state or local government has any project ongoing or commissioned there...
And it house a source of revenue to the state government
Take a look at the light situation,network, infrastructure, even the primary school sare just their without adequate attention...

I heard there's is a rd down permanent site that leads to Okah..
Network like that ought to be open
But
I think the scared throne has alot to offer in terms of development and representation
Wow... I must confess to you that I gladly appreciate your concerns and your view about the town .
Yes you're right again.. This town has been one of the major source of revenue generate to the state and yet lack enough government attention.
Imaging a town that hold the state university without king since 2003 till date . God bless you again brother for your observation.
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by Lisaint(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
tbtosine:

Wow... I must confess to you that I gladly appreciate your concerns and your view about the town .
Yes you're right again.. This town has been one of the major source of revenue generate to the state and yet lack enough government attention.
Imaging a town that hold the state university without king since 2003 till date . God bless you again brother for your observation.

We pray the final verdict is given tomorrow and not that they will head to appeal court again....
Cause it has always been from court to court
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by ImperialYoruba: 2:09am On Jan 16, 2019
Is this not the same kingdom where the ex king returned from exile and would periodically stroll through town with his supporters? grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by tbtosine(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
Concerning the Akungba obaship at supreme court . The information reaching to me now is that the verdict was not given yesterday on the 16th January 2019. We hope to hear from the judges ASAP through the lawyers of both parties directly fighting over the throne.
Thank you as you follow up......
Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by Lisaint(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2019
tbtosine:
Concerning the Akungba obaship at supreme court . The information reaching to me now is that the verdict was not given yesterday on the 16th January 2019. We hope to hear from the judges ASAP through the lawyers of both parties directly fighting over the throne.
Thank you as you follow up......

Again chaiii

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides On Akungba Obaship Tussle January 16 by Lisaint(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Is This thread still active

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Union Yorkshire Calling On All Igbos Resident In Yorkshire / I Kneel Down To My Nigerian Husband Every Day / Sanusi Better Off As Emir Than CBN Governor - PIC EVIDENCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.