Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death (1124 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by ayo2008: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2022
Olufemi Olaniyi
23 April 2022

The Palace of Oyo has confirmed the death of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi.

The spokesperson for the late Oba, Mr Bode Durojaye, confirmed the death in a terse response to an inquiry by our correspondent.

He said, “Alaafin is dead. Details in due course.”

It was gathered that the octogenarian monarch died on Friday night in Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State Capital after a brief illness.

Sources at the palace confirmed the death of the traditional ruler to our correspondent on Saturday morning.

Sources said the Governor of the state, Seyi Makinde, had been informed of the passage of the monarch.

The monarch who clocked 83 years on October 15 was reportedly receiving treatment at the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti where he gave up the ghost.

The remains of one of the foremost traditional rulers in the country were said to have been brought back to Oyo Immediately.

It was also gathered that rites of passage have started for the late Oba who reigned for 52 years.

Oba Adeyemi was born on October 15, 1938.

The monarch is the third prominent Oba to have died in Oyo State in less than five months.

The Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Okadunni Oyewumi died on December 12, 2021, the late Olubadan of Ibadan, died on January 2, 2022 and the Alaafin died on April 22.

Also, the Asigangan of Igangan, Oba Abdul-Azeez Adewuyi died in December 2021 and the monarch of Ikoyi town in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, Oba Abdulyekeen Ayinla died in April 2022.

https://punchng-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/punchng.com/palace-confirms-alaafin-o
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Abbeytoy(m): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2022
Ok
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Hezzyluv: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2022
RIP.

Go and join the queue, to explain to the king of Kings your contributions to Humanity. Good or evil.

We will go and join that queue too one day! kiss

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by othermen: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2022
Peace
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2022
Somebody will be admitted to a hospital while he was still alive,only for him to give up the ghost at the hospital.My mind is telling me the doctors are the ones giving patients killer drugs.
Some of these doctors are youth corp members who are posted to serve in a government hospital.They haven't attain the required techniques to be certified a doctor.
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by ufuosman(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2022
RIP
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Rastaramsey(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2022
RIP to the dead....

Baba sef don try for this life....

Las Las everybody go kpai....
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Rastaramsey(m): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2022
Revolution2022:
Somebody will be admitted to a hospital while he was still alive,only for him to give up the ghost at the hospital.My mind is telling me the doctors are the ones giving patients killer drugs.
Some of these doctors are youth corp members who are posted to serve in a government hospital.They haven't attain the required techniques to be certified a doctor.

See as this one open mouth waaaah like crocodile undecided lipsrsealed
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Osariemen12: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2022
Rest in peace, Alaafin.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Hezzyluv: 10:06am On Apr 23, 2022
Revolution2022:

U may be right Sha.
The day I lost my mom after brief illness shocked me. She was talking normal, was even the one that used her legs to come downstairs, entered bike that took her to the hospital. Only after 3hours or so for the news of her demise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Iliveforever(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2022
The man really really multiplied. angry

Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by JohnBullMySon: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2022
Revolution2022:
The fault does not come only from the doctors. Nigerians generally do not go for regular check-ups and so are prone to sudden death.
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2022
I haven’t never heard any Oba of Benin dying in the hospital before?. I thought these first class and powerful kings just rest on peacefully in their inner chambers. Anyways he has finally joined his Ancestors.
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by hisexcellency34: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2022
This is not news.. Which confirmation do we need again?
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Inspirer1: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:

U may be right Sha.
The day I lost my mom after brief illness shocked me. She was talking normal, was even the one that used her legs to come downstairs, entered bike that took her to the hospital. Only after 3hours or so for the news of her demise.
God!
Only God knows what goes on there.

I lost my mom in the hospital too after brief illness... Only God knows
Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by LibertyRep: 11:53am On Apr 23, 2022
Revolution2022:

Mistakes by doctors and other medics are always lethal but can hardly be contested except where grave negligence was uncovered.
May we not be unfortunate in the hands of quacks and half baked 'professionals'. This isn't to take anything aways from the profession.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Palace Confirms Alaafin Of Oyo’s Death by Verbtips(m): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2022
Hezzyluv:

U may be right Sha.
my bro don't you know say aiye le bai o doctors now has know feelings for human being only GOD CAN SAVE US THEY CAN EVEN REMOVE THE KIDNEY OR ANY BUYABLE IMPORTANT PART OF THE HUMAN BODY AND SELL FOR ALAJI THE WORLD IS GETTING COMPLEX EVERY BLESSED DAY I BUY YOUR IDEA AT TIME THEY MAY EVEN GIVE YOU EXPIRED INJECTION JUST FOR YOU TO BE VISITING HOSPITAL EVERY day, so that they will be making money.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

THROWBACK PHOTO: The Palace Of The Ọọ́ni Of Ife In 1951 / Abeg, Can Someone Please Translate This For Me? / The Struggle Of Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.