Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is This True About Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This True About Nairaland (2170 Views)

Is This True About Peter Obi? / Could This Pix Be True About The Current Situation In Nigeria? / Sad But True About We Northerners [PICTURE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Nairaland by talk2riel: 6:44am On Jan 15, 2019
Just stumbled on this narrative on Dr Joe Abah's timeline and was really appalled by what people of this forum.

Truth be told there's more bile being splashed on this forum than other sites, i think the MOD's are to be blamed for it cos they take joy in pushing topics which promotes ethnic and religious connotations.

Gone are the days you come to the forum to read great literary works and source for educative information.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Tomide007: 6:46am On Jan 15, 2019
Hatred and racism in nairaland us on another level

9 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by SalamRushdie: 6:50am On Jan 15, 2019
Joe Abah is a fool

6 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by SalamRushdie: 6:50am On Jan 15, 2019
Joe Abah doesn't have sense most times of the day so no suprises

5 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by weyreypey: 6:53am On Jan 15, 2019
Hehehe
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by GogetterMD(m): 6:57am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Why are you angry that he speaks the truth? Are you not proving his notion right?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by talk2riel: 6:58am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Personally I don't fancy the guy but there is truth in what he is saying. From 2014 till now the amount of hate speech and cursing nairaland has uploaded is enough to build the tower babel twice over.
If only the MOD,s will do something about it.

5 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by sinaj(f): 7:04am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Joe Abah is a fool
Truth is bitter

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by tolugar: 7:10am On Jan 15, 2019
Those that left Nairaland for tweeters how did they do it.

Cos me am addicted here. I keep refreshing anytime I open my browser

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Naijaguy12345(m): 7:13am On Jan 15, 2019
Nairaland is for Igbo and Yoruba war.
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by IbrahimDamola: 8:34am On Jan 15, 2019
Nice one.. Me and my Yoruba Muslim brothers are going places.

Gone are those days when Igbos will be insulted on the pages of Yoruba newspapers due to its monologue nature and they have no avenue to kick back. Today na fire for fire. grin

God bless the social media. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Corrinthians(m): 8:53am On Jan 15, 2019
It is ABSOLUTELY true!

Nairaland took the plunge immediately after 2015 elections when some people felt it was their inalienable right to have their preferred candidate voted in when indeed majority of Nigerians had other plans.

They found it supremely difficult to move on with their lives after their loss and resorted to lashing out at everyone who didn't share their aspirations, cursing and swearing.

Then Kanu came into the picture and made things worse as he promoted and encouraged the behavior while acting exactly the same way!

Of course Nigerians wouldn't lay down and take the bashing, hence they retaliated, result of which is what we have today.

We warned Oga Seun to reign the nonsense in from the very beginning. Some of us even wrote a couple of articles to that effect, but no heed was paid us. We even called for a genuine ceasefire but they wouldn't have it!

It is painful seeing things the way they are, but hey, what can we do? Seems we've already crossed the rubicon.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by CanineOfJackal: 9:06am On Jan 15, 2019
Corrinthians:
It is ABSOLUTELY true!

Nairaland took the plunge immediately after 2015 elections when some people felt it was their inalienable right to have their preferred candidate voted in when indeed majority of Nigerians had other plans.

They found it supremely difficult to move on with their lives after their loss and resorted to lashing out at everyone who didn't share their aspirations, cursing and swearing.

Then Kanu came into the picture and made things worse as he promoted and encouraged the behavior while acting exactly the same way!

Of course Nigerians wouldn't lay down and take the bashing, hence they retaliated, result of which is what we have today.

We warned Oga Seun to reign the nonsense in from the very beginning. Some of us even wrote a couple of articles to that effect, but no heed was paid us. We even called for a genuine ceasefire but they wouldn't have it!

It is painful seeing things the way they are, but hey, what can we do? Seems we've already crossed the rubicon.
Shut up. You used Omenka to promote tribal bigotry here and you were well known for the bad image you carried around and when the heat became unbearable for you then you opened your Progressive moniker to put the igbo against the Yoruba because seeing them fight online gives you that sadistic joy but most people saw through your shenanigans and turned the table against you and when I threatend you on the whatsapp group that I will expose you then you abandoned them and open this moniker.

Omenka you are the worst of the pile and mynd44 might have his shortcomings but he was never taken with your bigotry that's why you got the hammer anytime you break the rules.

Shame on you because we thought your wedding late last year will bring some changes but you still instigate tribal bigotry because a leaopard can't change his spot

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by orion7: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2019
talk2riel:

Personally I don't fancy the guy but there is truth in what he is saying. From 2014 till now the amount of hate speech and cursing nairaland has uploaded is enough to build the tower babel twice over.
If only the MOD,s will do something about it.
which MOD. How do we know mynd44's other moniker is not Corinthians? abegee
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by orion7: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2019
Corrinthians:
It is ABSOLUTELY true!

omenka. just shut it. You 're too primordial

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Joe Abah is a fool
You just proved him right

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Joe Abah is a fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Joe Abah is a fool
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by CanineOfJackal: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2019
orion7:
which MOD. How do we know mynd44's other moniker is not Corinthians? abegee
Corrithians is Omenka and I'm swearing with my life

4 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by TimFisher2: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2019
Corrinthians:
It is ABSOLUTELY true!

Shut ur trap!

Are you different from what you wrote up there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:

You've proven him right too

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by CanineOfJackal: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2019
sinaj:
Truth is bitter
Trust me if you know the underground shit going on between Joe Abah and Seun.

It's all about pull him down for Mr Abah.

Nairaland is full of Hate though and a lot is being done by Mynd44 though he is not my fan. That young man works till 1am trying to sanitised this place

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by CanineOfJackal: 9:22am On Jan 15, 2019
orion7:

I know. very basic retarded fellow
He is the worst of worst and he is acting all saintly. I know the guy offline and one day I will remind him again that he can't hide forever
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by SweetJoystick(m): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2019
True. However, i think the mods could be of help in the area of tribal e-wars... Censor any word being used to slam another tribe and probably give a life ban to anyone who engages in such tribal wars

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 15, 2019
talk2riel:
Just stumbled on this narrative on Dr Joe Abah's timeline and was really appalled by what people of this forum.

Truth be told there's more bile being splashed on this forum than other sites, i think the MOD's are to be blamed for it cos they take joy in pushing topics which promotes ethnic and religious connotations.

Gone are the days you come to the forum to read great literary works and source for educative information.
All they said on that platform is true. The moderators and owners are only interested in traffic. Many of them don't care provided there is high traffic
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by MadamExcellency: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2019
For Nairaland to be great again, Seun should end the anonymous registration of monikers.

The forum should be integrated with Facebook, Google or other verification module that can trace the personality of members.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by helinues: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2019
Tribal e-wars drive traffics but I think NL mods too capitalised on that.

Tribal bigots, political jobbers, Una see Una life?

The most annoying part is most of the people engaged in the tribal e-war are grown up( Married with kids) but behaving like a toddler just because they are on faceless forum.

Mods are not helping the matter.

@ Seun , Mnyd44 , lalasticlala Give me the job, I go sentisize NL for Free

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by helinues: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Exactly what he is talking about

Dem dem grin grin
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by Daviddson(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2019
I can't remember how many times I have written about this, but Seuun seem not to be interested yet in bringing changes, until something very bad happens courtesy of Nairaland and he's arrested by the police or DSS, and spends fortune defending himself in court for endless years.

Seun knows what to do that'll radically bring sanity to this site, but he's unwilling to do it, for a reason nobody knows. He thinks the disclaimer at the bottom of the page is enough to shield him from court cases or prosecution. Naaaaaah!
The American who killed more than 9 people in a synagogue, some months ago, had been posting hate speeches on a certain social media site and he never was censored until the deed was done and the owners quickly rushed and closed his account.

I can even volunteer to moderate absolutely free. It'll not reduce the traffic and accompany ad earnings, but would even increase it in the long run, when well-meaning people learn that Nairaland has changed and begin registering in droves.

Who says Nairaland can't have features such as verified accounts, block, and others that'll drive a lot of people to register?

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Nairaland by NothingDoMe: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
MadamExcellency:
For Nairaland is be great again, Seun should end the anonymous registration of monikers.

The forum should be integrated with Facebook, Google or other verification module that can trace the personality of members.
Supported. I think it's time we know who is who.

Anonymity helps to escalate this madness.
Re: Is This True About Nairaland by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
We can say that the moderators are doing one hell of a job here.
It is not easy trying to sanitise a forum with over 2 million members!
But for EVERY problems , there must ALWAYS be a solution.
Everything still go down to the owner of the forum alongside his moderators.

Personally, we tried our best day in, day out as a member screaming SAY NO TO TRIBALISM (one of our most used words here, just type the word SAY NO TO TRIBALISM in the search box above, and you will see the moniker most of the search result link you to, it is that serious!) here on a daily basis, but you see some members attacking us to shut up or go to h#ll, they ALWAYS say that is what make the forum interesting to them (tribal war) Just imagine!
The moderators need to do more.
Seun, over to you!

Corrinthians just told us the genesis of the whole issue, which is nothing but the absolute TRUTH!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Pray At Central Mosque Ilorin Ahead Of Tomorrow Election - Photos / Enugu Pastor Arrested For Impregnating 20 Church Members / Osibanjo's Travails Can Set Nigeria On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.