Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

South African Or Kenya ?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Or Kenya ?? (1546 Views)

Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos) / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Or Kenya ?? by Superkris: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2019
If you're to choose between South Africa and Kenya, which would you choose?? And why ??
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by AngelicBeing: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2019
Superkris:
If you're to choose between South Africa and Kenya, which would you choose?? And why ??
South Africa should hold the ace, more developed, more opportunities especially if you are a professional but xenophobia, drug warlords by different gang groups has made the place kind of insecure, Kenya on the other hand is a good tourist destination, schooling yes but hustling is a NO, NO, the question is what is your intentions of traveling to either of the 2 countries?
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by Superkris: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2019
Probably to hustle
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by Superkris: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2019
And also to disvirgin my passport
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by kagari: 11:18am On Jan 15, 2019
To disvirgin passport: kenya

its cheaper: visa, air fare, over head cost

To hustle: south africa
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by Superkris: 11:39am On Jan 15, 2019
What about Dubai ??
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by Superkris: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2019
I would like to try the best possible place, to hustle.. (3 months) and if it didn't go entirely well, it'll not be a total waste cos my passport would have been disvirgined

Someone is suggesting Dubai, give your say please
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by kagari: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Superkris:
I would like to try the best possible place, to hustle.. (3 months) and if it didn't go entirely well, it'll not be a total waste cos my passport would have been disvirgined

Someone is suggesting Dubai, give your say please

i dont know what your meaning of hustling is

but if its to engaged in a skilled work within the 3 months, its practically unrealistic for the 3 cities/countries

engaging in an unskilled work, practically more realistic is this prder: south africa, kenya then dubai

but it would be totally illegal cause your visa wont permit you to do so

but you would have a better option with kenya cause cost of obtaining their visa is the cheapest and its electronic, you can easily extend your visa or change the status if need be, and you can easily blend in the system in terms of unskilled labor lets say for example if you are very skilled hair stylist.

so believe i was of great assisstance

2 Likes

Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by Superkris: 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
Can I add you on WhatsApp please,
If yes, your number, thanks
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by kagari: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
Superkris:
Can I add you on WhatsApp please,
If yes, your number, thanks

my number is on my profile. yes you can add me on whatsapp,
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
If you want to see the real africa plus safari choose kenya.
If you wanna see a westernised africa choose SA
Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by TMKsouth: 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
Superkris:
Probably to hustle

The Nation

Dangerous lifestyles of Nigerian hustlers in South African enclave

by SEUN AKIOYE November 19, 2013

He wanted to be known simply as IK. He looked at the undercover reporter and said in a tone that conveyed no emotions: “Do you want to make money? Can you hustle on the streets? Are you man enough to survive on this street like these other boys?”
(Cut)

“My man, the streets are very dangerous and you must be very hard to survive. But the boys are making a living, the same way I am also struggling,” IK said, clutching the reporter’s shoulder with a friendly hand.

Quartz Street is made up of predominantly of Nigerian immigrants. Apart from a sprinkle of Zimbabweans, all commercial activities are carried out by Nigerians and they are mainly from the South East. On the surface, there are the African food stores which sell Nigerian foods at exorbitant prices. There are the dry cleaners, internet cafes and bars owned and operated by Nigerians. But the real business of Quartz Street lies in its ugly underbelly, the world of cocaine and other illicit drugs. It’s a world so secretive that only few people are admitted into it; a world so dangerous that very few survive it.

Johannesburg, for many Nigerians and other immigrants, is the New York of South Africa. It exists so that the poor can survive. It is the only city in South Africa where immigrants can make ends meet doing multiple odd jobs. The city, derogatorily referred to as Johaness-hustle-burg by many locals and immigrants, also has the highest crime rate in the country. Aside from the usual criminal tendencies of frustrated locals, the crime rate is also fueled by the underground drug world. In Johannesburg, sadly, the drug world is controlled by Nigerians.
(Cut)

It is hard to find an innocent soul in Berea as almost everyone is involved in drug business. The talk among Nigerians is that anyone living in Berea must be into drug business. One of the hustlers simply called Daniel explained life on the edge in Berea.

“You know, there is no job in this country and the only people who make it are those who can hustle. Although it is dangerous, if you can survive it, you will be happy,” he said.

Happiness, in Berea context, The Nation learnt, meant climbing up the ladder in the underworld and buying a car. “The first thing the Nigerian buys after he becomes happy is a car. We have people who drive very expensive cars and that serves as a status symbol. Those of us who are still hustling can’t afford such luxuries,” Daniel further explained. In Hillbrow, you need to hustle to become a man”

FULL STORY
http://thenationonlineng.net/dangerous-lifestyles-nigerian-hustlers-south-african-enclave/

Hillbrow

3 Likes

Re: South African Or Kenya ?? by chuddyforlife(m): 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
TMKsouth:

The Nation

Dangerous lifestyles of Nigerian hustlers in South African enclave

by SEUN AKIOYE November 19, 2013

He wanted to be known simply as IK. He looked at the undercover reporter and said in a tone that conveyed no emotions: “Do you want to make money? Can you hustle on the streets? Are you man enough to survive on this street like these other boys?”
(Cut)

“My man, the streets are very dangerous and you must be very hard to survive. But the boys are making a living, the same way I am also struggling,” IK said, clutching the reporter’s shoulder with a friendly hand.

Quartz Street is made up of predominantly of Nigerian immigrants. Apart from a sprinkle of Zimbabweans, all commercial activities are carried out by Nigerians and they are mainly from the South East. On the surface, there are the African food stores which sell Nigerian foods at exorbitant prices. There are the dry cleaners, internet cafes and bars owned and operated by Nigerians. But the real business of Quartz Street lies in its ugly underbelly, the world of cocaine and other illicit drugs. It’s a world so secretive that only few people are admitted into it; a world so dangerous that very few survive it.

Johannesburg, for many Nigerians and other immigrants, is the New York of South Africa. It exists so that the poor can survive. It is the only city in South Africa where immigrants can make ends meet doing multiple odd jobs. The city, derogatorily referred to as Johaness-hustle-burg by many locals and immigrants, also has the highest crime rate in the country. Aside from the usual criminal tendencies of frustrated locals, the crime rate is also fueled by the underground drug world. In Johannesburg, sadly, the drug world is controlled by Nigerians.
(Cut)

It is hard to find an innocent soul in Berea as almost everyone is involved in drug business. The talk among Nigerians is that anyone living in Berea must be into drug business. One of the hustlers simply called Daniel explained life on the edge in Berea.

“You know, there is no job in this country and the only people who make it are those who can hustle. Although it is dangerous, if you can survive it, you will be happy,” he said.

Happiness, in Berea context, The Nation learnt, meant climbing up the ladder in the underworld and buying a car. “The first thing the Nigerian buys after he becomes happy is a car. We have people who drive very expensive cars and that serves as a status symbol. Those of us who are still hustling can’t afford such luxuries,” Daniel further explained. In Hillbrow, you need to hustle to become a man”

FULL STORY
http://thenationonlineng.net/dangerous-lifestyles-nigerian-hustlers-south-african-enclave/

Hillbrow

chairman pls are u in s.a if yes please can i have yur phone number
need ya help

(1) (Reply)

Are Borders Open To Go From Lagos To Benin/togo/ghana? / Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! / How Much Will It Cost Me To Relocate To Luxembourg Or Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.