Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. (1512 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / Help On Hustling Abroad Or Completing A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Daysun001: 10:06am On Jan 15, 2019
I am a fresh graduate from a nigerian university with 2:2 in an education course. I have access to a once in a life time family grant of #10m and wouldn't want to take a wrong decision with it. As most people here are exposed to business and educational environment in Nigeria before moving abroad, which would you suggest I choose among the options of doing masters in nigeria and start a business or relocating abroad for masters or business? Your candid opinions on which business or which country will be appreciated..
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2019
You lucky bastard. Go to China.

You know how our grandparents mates who went to America and Europe in the 60s and 70s are super rich today? China is the answer to that in 2019

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by internationalman(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2019
Better run abroad and never look back nor come back..

Or else Nigeria economy will crush ur capital before u can even think of making profits...i only said so because u seem to be new to the idea of business..

As for me if tomorrow was the day I collect my B.sc certificate and today was the deadline for me to go to America;;i would go to America and snub my certificate

6 Likes

Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Daysun001: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2019
Earthbound:
You lucky bastard. Go to China.

You know how our grandparents mates who went to America and Europe in the 60s and 70s are super rich today? China is the answer to that in 2019
I've not been outside the shores of nigeria before, I don't know anybody in china, but sure I can thrive anywhere.. Pls how does the china thing work since i don't have any contact there and they rarely speak english. Help a bro save a life time opportunity
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2019
Daysun001:

I've not been outside the shores of nigeria before, I don't know anybody in china, but sure I can thrive anywhere.. Pls how does the china thing work since i don't have any contact there and they rarely speak english. Help a bro save a life time opportunity
I'd advise that you pursue your masters program there. You can make the research yourself online.
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by madridguy(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2019
Travel abroad for your masters.
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2019
Oga ade...u need more than 10million to do masters abroad....cos thats probably just ur cost of tuition if u wanna go to a good country.....where u go see cost of living??

With 10million...oga go and buy all this techno and infinix fone nigerians dey rush.....that's like 300pcs...
With 3k to 4k gain on each u go make over a million over time...and roll over
Or go by all this mekúnú cars wey people dey use as taxi business ..they are usually between 800k-1mill
U will get 10 to 12 pces...u don turn car dealer be that. U go sell no let any body deceive u.....
Or u go and meet people that don't have funds to run their filling station...they will rent it out to u for a fixed fee some with their tankers and slot at the depot.. some charge 100k some a little more U go buy fuel, employ ur team..with 3 naira gain on each litter and the gimmicks..u can't make less than 100k per week on 33,000 litters tanker....if one fuel scarcity hit naija...u don hammer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by bamdexfarms(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2019
Do your masters in Germany. It's tution free. Look for an English thought masters there and develop yourself with programming skills. Cost of application and blocked account shouldn't exceed 4 million naira. Invest the remaining 6 million naira on Treasury bills and other safer investments. You can either stay and work upon graduation or you migrate to US, UK, Canada or Australia. Migration is easier to other western countries from Germany. You will also work while studying so there is a high chance of recouping the 4 million back before graduation. A roll over investment of 6 million naira capital should also yield good returns in 2 years. Check daad.de for available course and visit the priceless German students thread here on nairaland. Peace.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by bamdexfarms(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2019
1StopRudeness:
[b]Oga ade...u need more than 10million to do masters abroad....cos thats probably just ur cost of tuition if u wanna go to a good country.....where u go see cost of living??

With 10million...oga go and buy all this techno and infinix fone nigerians dey rush.....that's like 300pcs...
With 3k to 4k gain on each u go make over a million over time...and roll over
Or go by all this mekúnú cars wey people dey use as taxi business ..they are usually between 800k-1mill
U will get 10 to 12 pces...u don turn car dealer be that. U go sell no let any body deceive u.....
Or u go and meet people that don't have funds to run their filling station...they will rent it out to u for a fixed fee some with their tankers and slot at the depot.. some charge 100k some a little more U go buy fuel, employ ur team..with 3 naira gain on each litter and the gimmicks..u can't make less than 100k per week on 33,000 litters tanker....if one fuel scarcity hit naija...u don hammer

Tuition is free in Germany
[/b]
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by onibokun10(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
Gentle man, #10m is much . start a business in Nigeria here, fron your biz you can spons your Msc in a fed varsity. That'll give you chance of setting your own family esrly enough while running your biz

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by darfay: 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
Daysun001:
I am a fresh graduate from a nigerian university with 2:2 in an education course. I have access to a once in a life time family grant of #10m and wouldn't want to take a wrong decision with it. As most people here are exposed to business and educational environment in Nigeria before moving abroad, which would you suggest I choose among the options of doing masters in nigeria and start a business or relocating abroad for masters or business? Your candid opinions on which business or which country will be appreciated..

Oga better do business here and forget masters. Invest wisely in a business. You go buy from China and sell in Nigeria for an insane profit margin. Before you know it... Then you can travel abroad at will
If you like let anybody deceive you
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2019
If you ask me nah wu I go ask? cheesy
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
bamdexfarms:
Do your masters in Germany. It's tution free. Look for an English thought masters there and develop yourself with programming skills. Cost of application and blocked account shouldn't exceed 4 million naira. Invest the remaining 6 million naira on Treasury bills and other safer investments. You can either stay and work upon graduation or you migrate to US, UK, Canada or Australia. Migration is easier to other western countries from Germany. You will also work while studying so there is a high chance of recouping the 4 million back before graduation. A roll over investment of 6 million naira capital should also yield good returns in 2 years. Check daad.de for available course and visit the priceless German students thread here on nairaland. Peace.
easier said than done.
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by queengift(f): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
I would advice you go for masters, I wish I had this opportunity
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by bamdexfarms(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
Godswillnwaoma:
easier said than done.

Funny mindset. Giving up before attempting. Check d German thread for success stories. I'm a beneficiary of the thread!

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
bamdexfarms:

Funny mindset. Giving up before attempting. Check d German thread for success stories. I'm a beneficiary of the thread!
ok dear
Re: Masters Degree Abroad Or Business In Nigeria; Pls Advice.. by BikeMan: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
bamdexfarms:
Very solid advice, I'm not just sure if you would recoup that 4Million by work and study. But that MSc would open doors for you

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Renew My Passport And Get It Same Day / Abuja To Katsina State Through KSTA / If Approved, 1,633ft Upsidedown Skyscraper Will Be Tallest In U.S. After WTC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.