Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Which Laptop Should I Go For - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Laptop Should I Go For (401 Views)

Advice: Should I Go For Medicine Or For A Masters? / PGDE: Should I Go To College Of Education Or National Open University? Help!!! / I Am An Art Student. What Course Can I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Laptop Should I Go For by Sundaybukkie(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello nairalander, i am planing to purchase a london used laptop soon and i wish to seek for your opinion b4 probably making a wrong choice..

I Am contempleting on which type of Laptop brand i should go for, the type that is more Rugged, Durable, with parts and repair of easy reach...

Here is my proposed Specs...
*4gb ram
*500hdd
*15.6inch screen
*processor speed of at least 2.5 intel or amd
*price budject 40k-50k
............. That can handle medium end Gaming and Graphics works without coughing....

which brand should i go for with the aforementioned specs..

*HP ?
*Dell ?
*Toshiba ? (does it even deserve to be on the list at all?, people say toshiba laptops are all outdated and usually dont last long and their parts hard to find) is this true?

Kindly state you choice for me with valid reasons, Thanks..
Re: Which Laptop Should I Go For by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2019
That can handle high end games and graphic without coughing and your budget is 40-50k? grin

Lol.

That can't get you anything good.
If you Wan buy laptop to handle graphic and gaming without coughing add 200k to your existing budget.
Re: Which Laptop Should I Go For by Sundaybukkie(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ire2:
That can handle high end games and graphic without coughing and your budget is 40-50k? grin

Lol.

If you Wan buy laptop to handle graphic and gaming without coughing add 200k to your existing budget.
Mind you a seller is ready to sell me one at that price range, but the laptop is a Toshiba brand, but i detaste Toshiba laptops due to so many rumours hv heard about does brands...
Re: Which Laptop Should I Go For by SKhanmi: 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
The above poster is right,you can't get such specs at 40-50k. Especially popular brands.

Check the PC the dealer is offering you,it might be a lemon or not,they do that a lots to unsuspecting people.

As for Toshiba, I personally knew someone who had one,treated it like shit,poured water on it,fell from an upperbunk 3times & finally traumatized the systems soul with PES. Haa. The thing still dey work o. I'll recommend HP, Dell,Toshiba cos of availability of parts. Avoid lenovo abeg. Asus is also good but parts are expensive & scarce. But you won't get them at 50k
Re: Which Laptop Should I Go For by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ire2:

Lol.

I want to sell my Acer.
Spek
4GB RAM
500GB HDD.
2.6GHZ
15.5INCH.

faults.
Speaker isn't 2 loud anymore.... That's the only fault... I wanna buy lappy of 300k this semester... In Ikom Cross river now.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update Day 85: Strike May End This Week-minister Of Education / Why PGP In Oil And Gas Management An Exclusive Program / Book Haram Insurgency And Nigeria’s Relations With The United Nations States 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.