Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo (498 Views)

2023: Nothern Governors May Not Influence Voting Patterns In The North / Senate Presidency: Igbos Have Themselves To Blame For Voting Atiku— APC / I Am Voting Atiku And This Is Why - Bayo Adeyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by Nwadiuto247: 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
People keep referring to the 2011 and 2015 debate which did not influence the winning of those elections by the two people that won them respectively.

They forgot that this is 2019, the level of political awareness in the country now is far more than 2011 and 2015 so the reference being made of those two past elections have expired and cannot be the same in 2019.

The zeal showed by Nigerians in the recent VP debate last December is a pointer to the fact that debate is no more ordinary as it used to be in the past. Infact, the VP debate was watched like world cup final between a country and their opponent.

In 2011, GEJ was given opportunity to consolidate on what the Yaradua/GEJ ticket planned to achieve.

By 2015, Nigerians were already tired of GEJ and needed a change hence they decided to try Buhari with the believe that his manifesto was quite promising and that he has the integrity to fulfill them.

Now people are disappointed and angry at Buhari's government due to the level of hunger in the land. Just like GEJ in 2015, people are tired of PMB and needs to try someone else.

Voters now wants to hear what Atiku holds and how he intends to achieve them so as to weigh it with what PMB has done so far and what he wants to do more before making their final choice of who to vote for.

A lot of Nigerians dont want to do blind voting again hence the high level of interest being displayed in the debate.

Buhari can miss the debate for all i care but Atiku should not attempt being absent from that debate.

I and my family members are eagerly waiting to hear from him. Same may be the case for some other families and people.

ATIKU BE WARNED. NO JUST TRY AM OOO

1 Like

Re: How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2019
They forgot that this is 2019, the level of political awareness in the country now is far more than 2011 and 2015 so the reference being made of those two past elections have expired and cannot be the same in 2019
How do you measure the level of political awareness?. Is it the comments you see on the social media or the reality on ground?.

The zeal showed by Nigerians in the recent VP debate last December is a pointer to the fact that debate is no more ordinary as it used to be in the past. Infact, the VP debate was watched like world cup final between a country and their opponent
What zeal did you see because I can't see any. This is because many Nigerians especially those on the streets have given up already because they assume that the elections will be rigged or aren't you aware of the low turn out in PVC collection?

In 2011, GEJ was given opportunity to consolidate on what the Yaradua/GEJ ticket planned to achieve.

By 2015, Nigerians were already tired of GEJ and needed a change hence they decided to try Buhari with the believe that his manifesto was quite promising and that he has the integrity to fulfill them.
By 2015 many Nigerians were tired of GEJ not Nigerians as you try to portray. There were still some Nigerians that were comfortable with his style of leadership that many still make reference to.

Now people are disappointed and angry at Buhari's government due to the level of hunger in the land. Just like GEJ in 2015, people are tired of PMB and needs to try someone else.
Who are the persons disappointed in PMB's regime? Don't you see their comments on this thread that many are still happy that PMB is still in power? Can't you see the handwriting on the wall that the moderators and the owner of this forum supports this government?. Can't you see they rarely criticize this government but they are quick to condemn PDP.?

Voters now wants to hear what Atiku holds and how he intends to achieve them so as to weigh it with what PMB has done so far and what he wants to do more before making their final choice of who to vote for.
Which voters? If you claim that many Nigerians are now informed, don't you think many are looking at other candidates as a result of the stain or stereotype thinking about Atiku? If you watched the Lagos governorship debate, you would see many persons were beginning to like that ADP aspirant more than the PDP aspirant that was so confident of himself.

Buhari can miss the debate for all i care but Atiku should not attempt being absent from that debate.

I and my family members are eagerly waiting to hear from him. Same may be the case for some other families and people.
Why should he miss? Wouldn't you complain if he had sent representative or didn't show up at all?

1 Like

Re: How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by Mynd44: 4:32am On Jan 16, 2019
Actually, I think both Atiku and PMB are going to embarrass themselves at the debate.
Re: How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:05am On Jan 16, 2019
By 2015, Nigerians were already tired of GEJ and needed a change hence they decided to try Buhari with the believe that his manifesto was quite promising and that he has the integrity to fulfill them

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by Randy100: 6:28am On Jan 16, 2019
Buhari stop running from debate. Come and tell us how PDP looted Nigeria for 16years and how you have been fighting your useless corruption.
Re: How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by helinues: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2019
I dont see Buhari attending the debate. Unless if he wants to disgrace himself. Buhari can't answer questions accurately without an assistance.

How will Atiku defend himself with all the allegations against him? Nobody is even talking about Dubai's plan again.

Imagine if Obi/Moghalu asked Atiku/Buhari an intelligent questions.

Abeg make Dem no go disgrace themselves
Re: How The Presidential Debate Will Influence Voting. Atiku Be Warned Ooo by dunkem21(m): 6:41am On Jan 16, 2019
If Buhari comes to d debate, I'll vote for him cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Onnoghen Must Face Trial, MURIC Insists / Ignore Obasanjo, Group Tells Buhari / BIAFRA: Leave OUK Out Of Nnamdi Kanu Home’s Raid, APC Tells Abia Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.