Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity (3156 Views)

1st Year Anniversary: Buhari congratulates Tinubu, tasks Nigerians 2 support him / Buhari Shakes Saraki At Armed Forces Remembrance. Caption The Look On Osinbajo / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:30am On Jan 16, 2019
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has urged Nigerians not to take for granted the price fallen heroes paid to ensure the country’s indivisibility.

The governor said this while participating in the 2019 Armed Forces Remembrance Day held at Oba Ovonramwen Square in Benin City on Tuesday.

He said, "It is a solemn event to remember those who fought to keep the country together. It is because of the sacrifice they made that we still have this country today, so we should not take it for granted. We should not forget everyday of our lives either as politicians, public servants and citizens that a price was paid for our unity.”

Speaking on support for families of fallen heroes, the governor said institutional arrangements were on ground to support their welfare as well as that of Legionnaires.

"As a routine, I provide financial succour for their welfare," the governor said.

He, however, said that the Nigerian government could do more to ensure serving military men and officers were well-catered for, noting “The Nigerian government can do more within the limits of available resources. There is room for improvement.”

During the event, there was symbolic release of white Pigeons, laying of wreaths, hoisting of flag and 21 gunshots salute in honour of the fallen heroes.

PHOTO 1:
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki laying the wreath in commemoration of Nigerian fallen heroes, during the Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration in Benin City, Edo State, on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:33am On Jan 16, 2019
PHOTO 2:
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki inspecting the guard of honour, during the Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration in Benin City, Edo State, on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:35am On Jan 16, 2019
PHOTO 3:
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki (2nd right); his Deputy, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu (right); Commander, 4 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Greg Omorogbe (middle); Commander, 107 Air Maritime Group, of the Nigerian Air Force, Wing Commander, Fatai Ganiyu, (2nd left) and Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Olusegun Odumosun (left); during the Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration, in Benin City, on Tuesday, January 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:39am On Jan 16, 2019
MORE PHOTOS...

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:43am On Jan 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:46am On Jan 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:47am On Jan 16, 2019
RIP TO ALL OUR GALLANT NIGERIAN SOLDIERS AS THEY LAY THEIR LIVES DOWN FOR PEACE TO REIGN IN OUR COUNTRY.
You will ALL always be in our heart FOREVER.
#RESPECT

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:50am On Jan 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by mirinda01(m): 5:51am On Jan 16, 2019
RIP to our gallant soldiers.
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:54am On Jan 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 5:57am On Jan 16, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by OdionAkghigbe: 6:01am On Jan 16, 2019
--

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by Iwillbegreat: 6:01am On Jan 16, 2019
My governor
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by wethebest(m): 6:37am On Jan 16, 2019
Lol. Oga, naija army no worth all these tins u wrote anymore. If na USA, everyone they celebrate their fallen heroes cox they re nt being politicized bt here in naija, army hv lost their respect since they became a mere political tool in this tyranny administration. So serving in naija military nw is nt worth it anymore. For nw, no glory bt bigotry.
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by Menusvan: 6:51am On Jan 16, 2019
post=74804745:
RIP TO ALL OUR GALLANT NIGERIAN SOLDIERS AS THEY LAY THEIR LIVES DOWN FOR PEACE TO REIGN IN OUR COUNTRY.
You will ALL always be in our heart FOREVER.
#RESPECT
Rip to all the zombies without brains :-D :-D

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by BenzEne1(m): 6:57am On Jan 16, 2019
We say a big thank you to the gallant soldiers who have laid down their lives for Nigeria.

My governor. APC has changed the fortune of Edo. I passed through the north ibie/okpekpe road for the first time during the festive period to go see my grandmum. Oshiomole laid down a masterclass I must say.

Gone are the days of Lucky and his gang of PDP rogues.

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by vioment: 6:59am On Jan 16, 2019
As usual a dusty and dirty tomb and a very dirty environment where dignitaries attended. Am beginning to fear we might not get it right.

Abeg see correct tomb here, no be that eyesore wey i dey look there.

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by goodnessme1(f): 7:06am On Jan 16, 2019
What unity do they always talk about,

we are not one and can never be one.

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by Gracespecial101(m): 7:32am On Jan 16, 2019
BenzEne1:
We say a big thank you to the gallant soldiers who have laid down their lives for Nigeria.

My governor. APC has changed the fortune of Edo. I passed through the north ibie/okpekpe road for the first time during the festive period to go see my grandmum. Oshiomole laid down a masterclass I must say.

Gone are the days of Lucky and his gang of PDP rogues.

Bro Sorry to say After the road of oshiomole's administration what has obaseki done?? No feelings attached just asking
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by Dollabiz: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by Jaqenhghar: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2019
What unity. The disintegration of this shithole is inevitable. The question is when
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Obaseki Tasks Nigerians On Sustained Unity by frayozzz: 10:29am On Jan 16, 2019
#Think

(1) (Reply)

Trade War Getting Worse: US Blacklists Five More Chinese Tech Companies / Uche Mefor To Sneak Into Nigeria And Get Arrested. All Planned And Staged. / There May Be No Nigeria In 2023 Without An Igbo Man As President — Anenih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.