Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,488 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN (13322 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by jaytee01(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
What is the concern of these terrorists with the CJN? Did they complain about Gandollar, Babachir etc?
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by olaolaking: 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
EmirOfYorubaLand:

because there was no money there in 2009.
it had zero balance in 2009, he only declared it when there was money in 2016.

a bank account with no money is not an asset but a liability.
there was no money there? was that what he said or you are just saying your own?
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by jomoh: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

There is nothing criminal in the allegations against the CJN.btw The NJC has powers to investigate and discipline judicial officers even in criminal matters.The NJC was created to protect the independence of the judiciary and ensure there are not intimidated by the executive.

Swearing under oath to declare false asset is not criminal?

You amaze me. You’re really pa chukwudi
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by EmirOfYorubaLand: 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
olaolaking:
there was no money there? was that what he said or you are just saying your own?

did you read all his statement concerning the his so called confession or you only took that part he said he forgot. or you heard people say he forgot so you followed them to say the same thing.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by jomoh: 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2019
Wallade:

Under the case law - judicial precedence. Can't you read and research the law anyway, remember that google is your friend.

Kindly refer to the judicial precedent as encapsulated in a recent Appeal Court decision in Nganjiwa vs Federal Republic of Nigeria (2017) LPELR-43391(CA), to the effect that any misconduct attached to the office and functions of a judicial officer, must first be reported to and handled by the NJC, pursuant to the provisions of the laws.

Mind you, NJC is not an ordinary council.

Yes I know about the case but don’t you think it’s a way of buying immunity for the judges.

The Legisative claims they make their own rule, the judiciary has to go through NJC consisting of the same judges and the excutive heads have immunity against all prosecutions. In essence all this people are above the law.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by lastmessenger: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2019
maasoap:

Continue your support until your parents die in poverty, until you raise your own children in poverty while the looters help you keep your own share of the national resources in their hidden accounts.
fu...cck you idio...t for mentioning my parents and may you and your generation die in poverty.
Like I said when they are ready to fight corruption we would give them our voice but for now what they are doing is simply a charade.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by swuftz: 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
bedspread:
The REAL Enemies of Nigeria are the Ones pouring in accusations...

MURIC you are a Failed entity! You have failed!

You have no Moral Justification under the Earth to accuse the CJN..

On the contrary, Muric has my support on this subject. Why do we always like to chase the hare while running away with the hound. Muric has just simply pointed out the truth.i for one do not believe in a system where the Chief Justice said because he forgot to declare an asset , he should be excused of wrongdoing. How on earth can he prosecute a criminal that forgot to surrender what he stole when he was caught . Meanwhile he did not even tell us where he got the money from. Or is estacode paid in cash to his Honourable. He is guilty as charged.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
jomoh:

Swearing under oath to declare false asset is not criminal?

You amaze me. You’re really pa chukwudi
are you sure you understood the charges man? He did not make any false declaration.His assets was duly declared in 2006,its like he was supposed to update the records in 2009 and didn't do it.In 2016 he now updated all his current assets.

He is been tried for allegedly failing to declare in 2009.It is not a case of false declaration of assets please.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Wallade(m): 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
jomoh:

Yes I know about the case but don’t you think it’s a way of buying immunity for the judges.

The Legisative claims they make their own rule, the judiciary has to go through NJC consisting of the same judges and the excutive heads have immunity against all prosecutions. In essence all this people are above the law.

I did not just say case; I answered your question (what law prevents the CJN direct trial in any court of law). Laws, Nigerian laws, are sourced from Statutes (statutory law), Legislation (legislative laws) and Precedence (Case law).

There is a reason for those laws, however stupid, retrogresive or irrational they sound to you. Moreover, you must follow it as far as it remains law but if you have valid reason against such law or practise, you need to challenge it separately in a competent court of law to get it repealed or contrary judgement.

Hence, the CCT can still not try the CJN until you have the verdict of NJC.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Ziggylady(f): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
lastmessenger:
yes I support him because Aisha buhari has billions of naira in her account and nobody talks about it. Babachir lawal was involved in a scandal and not even the efcc is after him.
When they are ready to fight corruption, we would give them our voice.as for now what they are doing is political witch hunting and ethnic cleansing in the Nigerian system

Spot on my bros!!..when they are ready to fight corruption holistically,we shall give them our support..

Unfortunately for now,what they are doing is simply a pathetic circus.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

stop cursing people's parents.

It is not a curse but the possible reality he failed to deduce

You yourself did you benefit from aisga's loot or Ganduje's dollars.

That's why no right thinking Nigerian should utter the words "I support the looting of Y because X wasn't punished", that's pure madness.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by jellington: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
I want to respectfully say that, the CJN, His lordship, Onnoghen, should disqualify himself from further participating in any Judicial matter, in other to protect the sanctity of the JUDICIARY"

------------ PROF. AKIN OYEBODE
Professor Of International Law & Jurisprudence, on Channels Television News @10pm.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by eodavids(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
So MURIC has found the CJN guilty already?

Is this not a prejudicial statement
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by deomelo: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
Great2017:

He forgot does not mean he admitted or pleaded to be guilty. You should get off the ignorance of poor comprehension.

What exactly is the meaning of he forgot? Please educate me. I really mean please.

Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by deomelo: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

are you sure you understood the charges man? He did not make any false declaration.His assets was duly declared in 2006,its like he was supposed to update the records in 2009 and didn't do it.In 2016 he now updated all his current assets.

He is been tried for allegedly failing to declare in 2009.It is not a case of false declaration of assets please.

So, no crime, no violations and he did not do anything wrong right? Even failing to declare assets as demanded by the constitution is not a big deal, it's not even a crime sef.

You Igbos sabi rationalize and excuse way criminality sha..

Btw, stop using the word allegedly because the judge himself is not denying the charges, he, in fact, accepted the charges, but hiding under ignorance and forgetfulness.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by ttmax09(m): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Did the CJN admit to being guilty to not declaring his assets? do you know when submitting your asset declaration you also swear an ooah? Do you know lying under oath is perjury? What moral justification do you have to defend such behaviour? Shouldn't you be demanding he resigns because he didn't obey the law.

Poverty is not an excuse to defend corruption
And where was muric when gandollar was shown on camera receiving bribe on five different occasions. Or babachir lawal n co.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Great2017: 4:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
deomelo:

What exactly is the meaning of he forgot? Please educate me. I really mean please.

He has not admitted or pleaded to be guilty. If there is anywhere he categorically said so, I challenge you to reference it. Your opinion is not the opinion of the CJN. Stop distorting facts.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by deomelo: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Great2017:

He has not admitted or pleaded to be guilty. If there is anywhere he categorically said so, I challenge you to reference it. Your opinion is not the opinion of the CJN. Stop distorting facts.

What exactly is the meaning of he forgot?

^^^^^^^^^^

That was my question.

What is the meaning of I forgot?

Answer the question and stop dancing around with your poor comprehension skills.

Btw, this is not my opinion, the man himself uttered that statement, it came from him.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Great2017: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
deomelo:

What exactly is the meaning of he forgot?

^^^^^^^^^^

That was my question.

What is the meaning of I forgot?

Answer the question and stop dancing around with your poor comprehension skills.

Btw, this is not my opinion, the man himself uttered that statement, it came from him.
I don't beat about the bush. If your claim is true, then, show us the reference. Stop showing your poor comprehension skill.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by bedspread: 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
itu404:

Has nigerians become this inreedemable? can you hear yourself? how much are you and your iks being paid to troll and antagonise any good submission in this forum? Am a good christian, but no Christian organisation has pursue truth like this MURIC;
Those who do not want Nigeria state to succeed nomatter your agenda ,you shall never succeed in thier personal lives, too. i sometimes wish data price should be raise ti the high heavens so that worthless and criminals like you will find it difficult to purchse. Nigeria needs the PUTIN treatment see Russia today, kid gloves will take us no where as a nation.am watching , the world is watching let the conflaguration starts.
Being Christian or Muslim has nothing to do with this!
Simply Go down memory lane and see muric antecedents... Muric has been an Organization that is out to Confuse and promote Discord in Nigeria...

The Nigerian law has laid down Principles to deal with its officers...

The Presidency can direct the institutions to do any investigation when such needs arises.. Th

Disdain for the Law of the land in this Dispensation has made the Country look like a Joke...

It's not done anywhere!

The Ones who are caught with Evidences are still Roaming the street !
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by deomelo: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
Great2017:

I don't beat about the bush. If your claim is true, then, show us the reference. Stop showing your poor comprehension skill.

Obviously, you saw the ignorant gap and trap in your argument, hence refusing to answer the question.

You are dismissed. I have zero time for ignorant people with lousy comprehension skills.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Great2017: 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
deomelo:

Obviously, you saw the ignorant gap and trap in your argument, hence refusing to answer the question.

You are dismissed. I have zero time for ignorant people with lousy comprehension skills.
It is obvious that the shame is on you, else, you would have shown us where the CJN admitted he was guilty of asset declaration falsification.

This goes to show you poor comprehension skills to have equated the admission of an error to the acceptance of a crime.

Even if he actually committed the crime but denies it does not mean he has pleaded guilty.

Try to read and understand.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by ebenholer(m): 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
A partisan MURIC, a secret militants they seem.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by deomelo: 12:44am On Jan 17, 2019
Great2017:

It is obvious that the shame is on you, else, you would have shown us where the CJN admitted he was guilty of asset declaration falsification.

This goes to show you poor comprehension skills to have equated the admission of an error to the acceptance of a crime.

Even if he actually committed the crime but denies it does not mean he has pleaded guilty.

Try to read and understand.

Look here, the man confessed already that he did not do what he was supposed to do and he's not even denying the charges, meaning he transgressed, meaning he admitted guilt.

This is self-explanatory and last I checked, he did not deny or question the charges.

Are you slow in the head or just playing dumb and stupid?
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Great2017: 7:47am On Jan 17, 2019
deomelo:

Look here, the man confessed already that he did not do what he was supposed to do and he's not even denying the charges, meaning he transgressed, meaning he admitted guilt.

This is self-explanatory and last I checked, he did not deny or question the charges.

Are you slow in the head or just playing dumb and stupid?

Are you stupid and ret@rded not to be able to show us where he categorically confessed to the charges that are yet to be served on him personally as at the date of his chat with the Premium Times ?

The man has not confessed any wrong doing. In his chat, he claimed an omission and not a guilt. You are the one making things up.

Why are you finding it difficult to show us where he accepted he was guilty.

Your media trial can only deceive your kind.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by deomelo: 8:00am On Jan 17, 2019
[s]
Great2017:

Are you stupid and ret@rded not to be able to show us where he categorically confessed to the charges that are yet to be served on him personally as at the date of his chat with the Premium Times ?

The man has not confessed any wrong doing. In his chat, he claimed an omission and not a guilt. You are the one making things up.

Why are you finding it difficult to show us where he accepted he was guilty.

Your media trial can only deceive your kind.
[/s]

Stop ranting like a 2-year-old kid. The man admitted that he failed to do what he was supposed do, meaning he broke the law and even so far the man is not denying the charges, he openly admitted that he broke the law and the reason why he did is utterly irrelevant, he broke the law.

Please, go away with your silly and mentally corrupt argument.
Re: Onnoghen, A Clog In The Wheel Of Justice- MURIC Attacks CJN by Great2017: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

[s]
Stop ranting like a 2-year-old kid. The man admitted that he failed to do what he was supposed do, meaning he broke the law and even so far the man is not denying the charges, he openly admitted that he broke the law and the reason why he did is utterly irrelevant, he broke the law.

Please, go away with your silly and mentally corrupt argument.
[/s]

You are the one ranting like a day old puppy. The man admitted an omission and not a guilt. He has not broken the law except the law says so. Your media trial is absolutely irrelevant.

Go away with your silly, biased and mentally corrupt argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki: End Godfatherism In Edo With This 2020 Governorship Election / Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State / Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.