Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo (26195 Views)

Man Kills His Cousin In Abia Over Mango (Disturbing Photos) / 14-Year-Old Orphan Imprisoned In Keffi For Stealing Grinding Machine (Photos) / Youths Destroy Ozarike In Umunneochie Abia Over Land Dispute (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by notoriousbabe: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Premiumwriter:
I'm sure your mum still looks at you and wonder 'how the hell did I end up with this accident?'

Yanmirins are just damn too wicked to themselves tongue tongue
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Samade7: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Oladeji1106:
hmmm, next time mama no hide ur child oo

so u still enter 2019 without sense?

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by anonymous1759(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
PrettyCrystal:
Once again, an appeal has been made over the case of an 85-year-old woman who is languishing in a prison in Umuahia, Abia state, for a crime her son committed. .

According to Christian Okezie Chukwuka of the Abounding Grace Foundation, the old Mama with two sons - was imprisoned following a case of kidnap and murder her elder son was involved in. 

It was gathered that Mama's son and his gang members kidnapped the mother of a popular wealthy businessman in Abia state, Chief Lord Dike Udensi Ifegwu (DUBIC) and killed her and the housemaid in the process. 

One of the suspected kidnappers was arrested by the police and he revealed the remaining five gang members who participated in the crime. He mentioned Mama's son who was also involved. 

The police stormed Mama's home to arrest her son but he was not around. Mama's younger son was arrested in the process so that his elder brother could come out of hiding. 

After some time, the police also arrested Mama in a bid to force her son to surrender himself but he refused.

Eventually, the son was traced to Lagos where he was finally killed. It was learnt that all the six hoodlums who partook in the crime were finally caught and killed but by then, about 18 persons have been arrested including Mama. 

Three out of the 18 people bailed themselves out of jail but Mama, her younger son and 13 other persons who have no money are still languishing in prison despite the capture and killing of the real culprits.

According to Christian Okezie, the police said that they cannot be released because the case is still in court. 

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/pathetic-story-of-85-year-old-woman-imprisoned-in-abia-over-sons-crime.html

see previous thread here >> https://www.nairaland.com/4733884/84-year-old-woman-languishes-prison-years

Rubbish System some body will come and blame Buhari.. The police and the prison sevice System are to blame.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Oyindidi(f): 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
Pikin commit crime mama suffer instead of pikin. E no go better for person wey send this old woman to prison

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Premiumwriter: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
notoriousbabe:
you remind me of 'garbage in garbage out'

You're the piece of trash your father deposited in your mother on that accidental day u were conceived.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by notoriousbabe: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
Premiumwriter:
you remind me of 'garbage in garbage out'

You're the piece of trash your father deposited in your mother on that accidental day u were conceived.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by JusticeSeeker: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Where are the 45 SANs that went to defend their looting ally the other day? Can't one stand on this case?

1 Like

Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Eagleword14(f): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Arwwh... cry cry

A woman that suppose to b enjoying her old age in peace.... I pray d govt grants her pardon
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
What you guys don't understand is that there may be more to the story that show mama is a little guilty, She might have tried to hide her son or she might have been part of the Plan....... At least Nigeria Police make sure the Gangs and their family suffer for their attrocities which is better than letting them go free like they use to do in the past.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Premiumwriter: 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
notoriousbabe:
why don't you shock me and nlders.

Say something more intelligent. I bet you're all stupid bottom up
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by ceejay80s(m): 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
is this how Dr me cases are handled in other countries? so because I thief, u come carry my WhatsApp LD woman put for prison, it doesn't make sense
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Seandisputed(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
flejnr2:
Wish Abia state governor okezie ikpeazu can see this and grant her pardon. It’s heartbreaking

It's not even supposed to be pardon in the first place.

We live in a jungle indeed.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by greatcrown: 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
flejnr2:
Wish Abia state governor okezie ikpeazu can see this and grant her pardon. It’s heartbreaking

The woman committed no crime so no need for pardon.

She should be released, apologised to and compensated without further delay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by klenton(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
pls op how can i get in contact with this pple or u, if the story is true,i really would wnt to help

pls send me a pm for more information, am a legal practitioner based in umuahia.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by flejnr2(f): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
greatcrown:

The woman committed no crime so no need for pardon.

She should be released, apologised to and compensated without further delay.

You just heard her part of the story. Have you seen the case file ? Do you know what she was charged with? DO you know if she was charged for harboring a fugitive or aiding and abetting crime? Don’t be the jury please
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by flejnr2(f): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Seandisputed:

It's not even supposed to be pardon in the first place.

We live in a jungle indeed.

Do you have a copy of the charge sheet
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by kollins3(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
superior1:
I hope they sue the govt on her behalf and get her some compensations.

Sense is far from you.
Remember her son killed someone's mother and a house maid.
Although, the victim (whose mother was killed) could have forgiven this woman.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Blazebond(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
And yet una go say make thunder nor fire some armed force personnel.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by notoriousbabe: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
Premiumwriter:
why don't you shock me and nlders.

Say something more intelligent. I bet you're all stupid bottom up

This the way I roll with fools like you tongue tongue
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by ogongogames(m): 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
I have no idea about Nigeria's judicial system so I would be grateful if any one knowledgeable on this issue can provide some answers.

1) From this article, it seems she has been in police custody for some time meaning she is considered a danger to society? The fact that she can still be granted bail implies that she has not been charged, right?

2) What exactly has she been arrested for? abetting a criminal?

3) How long can one be kept imprisoned before charging them with a crime? Surely Nigeria's judicial constitution doesn't state on can be imprisoned indefinitely.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by tommenoh(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
When you refuse to train your child to flee from evil and crime, later in life, the crime the child commits will one way or the other hunt you[/quote]

Kids of nowadays!it takes God's grace,for them to turn out right thinking and normal!even with scolding and canes,some still put their family name,to shame.you never know,how most will turn out,upon all your fasting on them and teachings of etiquette s
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by owunabastard: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
What you guys don't understand is that there may be more to the story that show mama is a little guilty, She might have tried to hide her son or she might have been part of the Plan....... At least Nigeria Police make sure the Gangs and their family suffer for their attrocities which is better than letting them go free like they use to do in the past.
No matter what, in a sane society, the mother should not be arrested for the sin of her adult son.
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by owunabastard: 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
kollins3:

Sense is far from you.
Remember her son killed someone's mother and a house maid.
Although, the victim (whose mother was killed) could have forgiven this woman.
No matter what, in a sane society, the mother should not be arrested for the sin of her adult son.I marveled the way Nigerians reason
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by Tejiriseth(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
There are times You need to Drop Bible and face reality..
Did Bible say when to stop breastfeeding a Baby or say If you should train a child to Uni or Poly.
See Even David, Solomon, Samson, Saul and Many Bible Characters had Flaws.. Great flaws.. If there were mere men or regular citizens, they would have payed dearly (some did) for the crimes They committed.!

franchasng:
hmmm....Christian-wise and Godly wise, it looks unfair, but human wise and moral justification wise, it looks right.

That is why Bible said:

Train up your child in a good and worthy way while he/she is little and the child will never depart from that good way even as adult.

When you refuse to train your child to flee from evil and crime, later in life, the crime the child commits will one way or the other hunt you
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by mamaa88(f): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
Still asking myself how I became the citizen of Nigeria,haba why must an old woman be dia for a crime she didn't commit even though the son is dead.Nigeria police eeeeeh
Re: 85-year-old Woman Imprisoned In Abia Over Son’s Crime. Photo by neighbourhud: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
crafteck:
Train your kids so they will give you peace

Meaning? undecided

With all the training that Judas received, did he not betray Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son Laments As His Father Is Gruesomely Assassinated In Ogun State. Photos / Two Teenagers Drown In Benue Dam (Pictures) / Female Banker Found Murdered In Uganda, Boyfriend On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.