Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! (1900 Views)

Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / What Nigerians Are Saying About Osita Chidoka & The Vacant Senate Seat / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2010
Admirably , this chap is Jonathan's kinsman yet he , unlike some , admits to the truth about GEJ we can all see . We continue to see articles like that below lately , and from the most detribalised Nigerians of integrity , yet we hardly see any writings extolling the virtue or  superb 'performance' and credentials of Jonathan. Perhaps Beaf and co need to start writing ASAP on Nigerian newsights .

http://www.saharareporters.com/article/not-job-man-friday

Not a Job for a man Friday.
By Patrick Okene

I had started writing this article when I saw Okey Ndibes piece “Jonathan And The Wrong Question”. Apart from Solana Olumense, Nidibe is my other favorite writer,  because his piece broadly covered what I was going to say, I stayed my hand and left the article.

That was last week and before the minister of Communications had the gall to look at Nigerians in the face and tell them the Federal Executive Council had approved the sum of $150 million for the purchase of 3 jets for the Presidential fleet. Minister Akunliyi in an attempt to demonstrate the Government’s prudence, soliloquized about how they had saved $2.5 million off the list price of the 3 jets, I can almost imagine her waiting and hoping to bask in the applause that would follow.

Lets forget Dora for now and focus on her boss; Jonathan Ebele Goodluck. The former teacher was brought out of the wilderness by the cross dressing Alamieyeseigha to be his deputy and was considered a loyal servant. It was this perceived loyalty that informed his choice as Vice President to Umaru Yar Adua. The PDP, read OBJ, after the very public falling out between Atiku and OBJ wanted somebody who would be a loyal servant, they wanted a “very good boy” who will not rock the boat and will do as he is told and it was no surprise that GEJ was chosen

Jonathan from a distance appears to be a man with a gentle mien and softly spoken, those who have met him swear he is a consummate gentleman, they say he is very intelligent and very circumspect. All these may well be true, but when I look at him what comes to my mind is; man Friday.  For those who have not read Daniel Defoe’s book, Man Friday is the fictional loyal servant of Robin Crusoe a castaway that was marooned on an island for 28 years. Crusoe rescued him from cannibals and because it was a Friday called him; my man Friday. Man Friday went on to become the most celebrated “loyal servant”.

There are parallels between man Friday and Jonathan Goodluck, GEJ like man Friday was saved from the political cannibals led by Turai. But I suspect he wrongly thinks OBJ and other shadowy political Godfathers as his Robin Crusoe instead of the millions that shouted, wrote and marched asking for the political cannibals to let him assume the role of acting President. I will come back to this later.

In private conversations I have always told anybody that cared to listen that GEJ is not the messiah we have been waiting for.  I say this not because I naively expect him to perform magic in the very short time he has left as President. But because of forces and circumstances and also his lack of strong will. Mago-mago PDP politics aside, the North, based on the internal PDP zoning arrangement, should be producing the next flag bearer. But in Jonathan the damned so called power brokers have found a putty that they can easily mould and control and hence their fighting tooth and nail to make him President

I am almost certain that Jonathan will emerge as the PDP candidate and will go on to be declared the winner in 2011, but at what cost will this be? For GEJ to remain the President, he will have to sell his soul to the devil and every political cannibal willing to support him. As I write they are already crawling out of the wood works. Mantu, Anenih, Gana, Lar etc political leeches and cannibals all united in their aim of looting Nigeria back into the Stone Age. During the time of Yar Adua, patriotism was measured by how well you could criticize OBJ, today it is measured by how well you can condemn zoning. In the true game of Naija politics, Jonathan will issue a political IOU to every despicable politician who will help him. All these political IOUs will encumber Jonathan’s Presidency and will effectively make it meaningless.

I am not in any way been unfair to my fellow Niger Deltan but truth be told, he is not the best we can offer. It is evident that Jonathan is not in charge of the country. If he were people like Farida would have been sent packing from the EFCC long ago. I suspect she is there because some people want her there and there is nothing GEJ can do about it. I cannot point to anything GEJ has done to protect the interest the people. When he removed Michael Kaase Aondoakaa, it was to strengthen his position, when he went after James Ibori, it was to secure his position. What has GEJ done to warrant him coming back as President? I hear he is about taking a $4 billion loan, what for? What is his vision for Nigeria? What has he done for us lately?

It was Barack Obama that said[b] “The times are too serious, the stakes are too high, for this same partisan playbook”[/b] during his acceptance of the Democratic Party Presidential candidate ticket. Need I outline the challenges facing us as a country? We cannot provide electricity of light our homes or power our industries, no motorable roads, kidnappings have become the norm, corruption is rife and the entire infrastructural base of the country is near collapse. There is no doubt that Nigeria is on the brink of becoming a failed state. The situation we are in calls for a serious and focused individual who will tackle our problems headlong without fear or favour. We don’t want a person who is more concerned about buying jets in the face of abject poverty. Nigeria needs a warrior champion, the stakes are too high and the times are too serious for a man Friday or a political pawn.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2010
Salisu writes correctly. If Jonathan genuinely wants the vote of the North why has he not shown any attempt to engage them in frank dialogue? Could it be because Jonathan is now the 'son' of a "do-or-die" establishment that only understands rigging, bullying, looting and dictatorship?

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Opinion/5605535-182/forensic_force_one_hour_with_jonathan.csp

FORENSIC FORCE: One hour with Jonathan
By Salisu Suleiman

August 13, 2010 08:42AMT

Mr. President, I must thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to receive me. I hardly believed it when my appointment to see you was confirmed. I will be brief.

Sir, it is no longer secret that you want to contest for office as president in 2011. Everybody knows that. But whether you eventually decide to run or not, the one thing you must do is change your crop of friends. They do not mean well for you. What is particularly troubling is the way some of them are going about preparing the ground for your impending declaration.

Secondly, I must warn you to beware of the politicians leading your campaign, especially in the North. People like Jerry Gana, Solomon Lar, Ibrahim Mantu, Jonathan Zwingina and others currently pushing your case in the region have absolutely no social capital or any form of electoral value. In a free and fair election, these people will hardly deliver their wards to you, so to suppose that they can deliver the North is not just unrealistic, but suicidal.

Apart from these AGIPs, I also heard that some prominent Northerners have been approached about your candidature. You may not know this, but the impression of most Nigerians is that billions of naira is changing hands daily to facilitate the process. If there are people out there acting on your behalf without your knowledge, you must stop them immediately.

Nigerians still care about the fight against corruption. In fact these so-called Northern leaders will take the money and simply vanish. They won’t help you on Election Day.

Another point you must realise, Mr. President: if you need the support of the North, you have been pursuing a wrong strategy and approaching the wrong people. Merely approaching ‘leaders’ and greasing them to deliver Northern votes will not work. So you must approach us the Northern masses with respect. Come to us directly and tell us you want to contest and ask for our votes.

But you must speak our language. No sir, I do not mean the Ghana-Must-Go dialect. The language you must speak is simple, basic and direct. It is a variation of what some would refer to as constitutional democracy. Translated, it means that if you want our votes, you come and tell us why we should give them to you. You need no middlemen

[b]Nigerians are suffering, but the situation is worse in the North. Poverty is a major problem. Insecurity is another. Education has collapsed. Agriculture is underdeveloped and remains at a subsistent level. The Sahara desert is encroaching. Deforestation and erosion are devastating our ancestral lands. We do not have access to potable water; we drink from the same source as our animals.

The language you must speak will win our votes legitimately. Promise us that you will return the Commodities Marketing Boards that were scrapped by your rival Ibrahim Babangida. Tell our farmers to organically produce wheat, rice, maize, sorghum, cotton, groundnuts, soya beans, and empower the Boards to procure these crops at market rates. This would encourage us to produce more, knowing that there is a ready market. This will also enhance foreign exchange earnings and food security.

You must promise the North that you will get rid of the Almajiri culture by conducting a census of all Almajirai and integrating them into formal education schemes. Tell us what you will do to ensure that millions of Almajirai, beggars and other handicapped people leave our streets not just in the North, but also all over Nigeria
[/color][color=#990000].[/b]
Quickly summarize?

Mr. President:

(1) Poverty is crushing the North, so promise to eradicate it.

(2) The Sahara desert is encroaching on our homes and farmlands, you must halt it.

(3) The Lake is drying up, so pledge to implement the Ubagi-Shari water transfer project.

(4) The Almajiri culture is a boiling cauldron; please integrate them into formal schools.

(5) Deforestation is destroying our environment; you must urgently introduce sustainable reforestation programmes.

(6) Agriculture remains subsistent, promise to return Commodity Boards.

(7) If you want our votes in the North, come to us directly.

These plans require vast sums of money, but that is no problem. The North has had nearly 50 governors since 1999 and received tens of trillions of naira which cannot be accounted for, I should call Farida?

Sir, we are very simple people. The debacle on zoning is beyond our comprehension. But if you want our votes, come to us. Poverty has no zone.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by akyus(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2010
Corruption has already been identified as our major problem. And I see Buhari as one of the serious and focused person that can fight it without fear or favour.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by akyus(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2010
Corruption has already been identified as our major problem. And I see Buhari as one of the serious and focused person that can fight it without fear or favour.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2010
akyus:

I agree also. My problem is that , in the minds of many Nigerians, Buhari's time may have 'passed'. Ribadu is then , by default , the next best bet. He will surely fight corruption. He is young , charismatic, immaterialistic and highly passionate about the progress of Nigeria.  I feel that , right now and more than Buhari , Ribadu can unite a nation that is jaded, cynical and disinterested with politics and politicians .

We all know that corruption is our biggest headache . The most grotesquely corrupt Nigerians who deserve nothing but jail are thriving and being rehabilitated under Jonathan in the clearest signs that we are in trouble if Jonathan remains as President in 2011.

I would not mind a Buhari Presidency if Ribadu fails to contest but I have realised that Nigerians , after the cabal held Nigeria hostage recently, are beginning to understand the need to agitate openly for change. Ribadu , in the minds of many , represent change and vigour . Buhari may fall short especially as we now understand that the elections will certainly be rigged . We need a Nigerian who Nigerians will fight for even if the PDP is hellbent on rigging in Jonathan. That is the best chance of defeating a corrupt entity that needs a figurehead (Yar Adua and now Jonathan) to maintain it vantage point that allows it to keep so many Nigerians in bondage and poverty.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by iswell1(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2010
don't conclude yet, i believed Jonathan is a good man
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2010
@Gbawe.

At the risk of sounding like a ribadu hater. I want to ask why ribadu did not arrest bode George in his days as EFCC boss ?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2010
is well:

don't conclude yet, i believed Jonathan is a good man

How many "good men" associate themselves with those who have gotten Nigeria to where it is today? Why is it only the criminals that are supporting Jonathan while the men of integrity all Nigerians love and respect (like balarabe Musa, Wole Soyinka, Col.Umar, Femi Falana, et al) all distance themselves from Jonathan's ambition when the same folks were the ones recently agitating publicly that Jonathan be made acting President while some of Jonathan's current 'buddies' (like Aondoakaa) were openly working against him?

The greatest sign that a leader will be a failure is to be seen from how that leader lacks support from the biggest voices of integrity who have earned respect for risking everything to fight for their nation in good and bad times .
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

@Gbawe.

At the risk of sounding like a ribadu hater. I want to ask why ribadu did not arrest bode George in his days at EFCC?

My brother, I believe you should have your answer from all I have written previously . No Nigerian leader is faultless currently because those who understand events on the ground will know that , in a highly flawed political environment, we must embrace those who , even with their faults , represent our best chance for progress in a nascent democracy .

Studying the history of the currently developed nations will show you that they too struggled with imperfect leaders but what the developed Nations  have become today is a result of the notion that the lesser evil must always be promoted to power while the wait for the "beautiful ones to be born" continues. Utopia will be secured with the best of flawed tools and not the worst of flawed tools .

Ribadu has admitted he made mistakes. How many leaders have done similar ? Even if Ribadu does not spell it out , his utterances and actions (avoiding OBJ and the numerous deleterious Godfathers in Nigerian politics) speaks volumes about how Ribadu now understands that you must[b] shun the enemies of our nation and partisan behaviour  [/b] if you want a better Nigeria.

I don't doubt that Ribadu knew that Bode George was corrupt. I have no doubt that Ribadu acted partisanly because he misguidedly believed that some 'sacrifice' has to be made (i.e ignoring OBJ's corrupt buddies) to move Nigeria closer to reducing the effects of corruption. Would Ribadu even be in a position to take any bad guy down if OBJ sacked him for meddling with his 'annointed' pals ?

Ribadu effed up and pragmatic Nigerians are not denying that . We are now seeing him as a good bet , allied with his previous performance , as a totally reformed character from his unrelenting 24/7 fight for Nigeria while in exile and the company he is keeping today. Your boy Jonathan is shamelessly keeping the worst company in Nigeria today because he believes he can use them to buy the Presidency while Ribadu deliberately   shuns the company of powerful yet corrupt kingmakers  for that of the Nigerians who , even if they lack political clout , have undisputed integrity .

You , Beaf , Papabrown and others should look at yourselves earnestly to see if you are not only ignoring what other Nigerians see about Jonathan because you are from the ND region. The Nigerians I respect abidingly  are those who speak against what is wrong consistently even if that means criticising their region of Origin. I am Yoruba but I have no time for the likes of OBJ, Daniel, Oyinlola, Alao Akala because I know they do not desire a better Nigeria. Nothing will ever make me support them ahead of the likes of Donald Duke, Nuhu Ribadu, Col.Umar , Ken Nnamani , Balarabe Musa , Buhari  and other Nigerians who have stood up to be counted when our nation was in trouble .

How many of Jonathan's current supporters backed Jonathan when he was at his lowest point? Now tell me how many of those who came out to fight for Jonathan back then are now openly behind Ribadu (hint ; Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana, Nigerian Liberty Forum, Save Nigeria Group, Saharareporters, Tunde Bakare , etc , etc).

If you are a detribalised Nigerian you should be worried about some of Jonathan's actions even his biggest fan should not ignore .
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

[size=14pt]Admirably , this chap is Jonathan's kinsman [/size] yet he , unlike some , admits to the truth about GEJ we can all see . We continue to see articles like that below lately , and from the most detribalised Nigerians of integrity , yet we hardly see any writings extolling the virtue or superb 'performance' and credentials of Jonathan. Perhaps Beaf and co need to start writing ASAP on Nigerian newsights .

Hmmmmmmmm!
Crusading against Ijaw people as usual? grin
Leave the tribal thing dude.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

Hmmmmmmmm!
Crusading against Ijaw people as usual? grin
Leave the tribal thing dude.

The point is that , unlike you , some Ijaw folks are detribalised and admirable Nigerians who are able to rise above ethnic bias to speak in support of what is right for all Nigeria. It is folks like that who will move Nigeria forward and not the likes of you who turn a blind eye to misconduct from their own 'son' . We all know that the consideration that "my son can do no wrong" is a big problem for Nigeria.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by otokx(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2010
Any need
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

The point is that , unlike you , some Ijaw folks are detribalised and admirable Nigerians who are able to rise above ethnic bias to speak in support of what is right for all Nigeria. It is folks like that who will move Nigeria forward and not the likes of you who turn a blind eye to misconduct from their own 'son' . We all know that the consideration that "my son can do no wrong" is a big problem for Nigeria.

You're totally tarred and feathered in your tribalistic darkness.
I only hinted at the tribal odour oozing out of every post you make and you out yourself dramatically.
Put your hatred away or it will suck you dry and spit you out demoralised, powerless and on the verge of insanity.

Dude, how can you hate so much. You really need God in your life. grin

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny, your post is full of "your son", "ethnic bias", "Ijaw". Dude, you go faint o! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
@Gbawe

If only you can look at GEJ with exactly same prism you have used for ribadu. . . . . you will not suddenly turn a GEJ fan, but atleast you will be less critical. Like ribadu had to look away from the flaws of OBJ and his  loyalist so that he will remain in office to execute some his planned good work, so is jonathan doing to secure another four years so that he can at least have an opportunity to lead the nation for another 4 years.

As touching the campaign, the fact that SNG, and soyinka fought for GEJ to be sworn in , does not mean they(SNG,soyinka) will now turn PDP members, conversely the fact that they supported GEJ should not make him forget that he carries a PDP ticket. I may want to also state that being friends with the press does not in itself make one a credible Nigerian. Tinubu gets fovourable press ratings but by my reckoning he is not credible.

For the cailbre of those campaigning for GEJ, I dont need to tell you that in cases like this you hardly can stop anyone from making statements to support GEJ's dreams. Yes even if they are criminals. The question we want to ask is if these band of campaigners are licensed by GEJ to do so for him. I will only be worried if actually the MANTUs, of this world are contracted by GEJ to do so. If a politician senses that supporting jonathan's bid , present a chance of coming out of the cold(however slim that chance appears), then i doubt if it makes sense for jonathan to just ask him to stop.

On why i support GEJ , most importantly is because he is from the SS, and i percieve that this is a rare chance for the SS to lead the nation and possibly correct some of the age-long ills against the oil-producing communities. Forget about zoning, even the mallams know that their greed and dependence on govt patronage will make it too hard for them to stay out of power for too long. Except by some divine workings like GEJ'S case this rotation talk will never get to SS and SE. It will only rotate between some select peoples of the north and the SW. If you call me tribal, so be it. I have been an OBJ and ribadu  fan for years, i supported the sacking of ALAMS, and a lot other happenings BUT ON THIS I GO WITH GEJ

I have been in the SW all my life and hardly can point to any time where I have had any personal favours from a tribesman. But on this i still go with GEJ.

My support for jonathan is also fuelled by  his seeming listening style of leadership which a lot of you have quickly dismissed as clueless .

On corruption , aside the case of his wife's aide which remains connected to her, I am not aware of any other slur. But even the Buharis of this world, as upright as they appear to us all,  still can not explain the 54 suitcases of the emir of Gwandu that passed security checks through executive cover. Neither do we not have some calls of misappropriation of some billions in PTF funds during his headship of that organ.

We all have flaws, Jonathan and the different candidates you support inclusive. This explains why i will always voice my displeasure  when you take it upon yourself to always run GEJ down on this forum. State the positives of the candidates you support and let GEJ be.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

@Gbawe

On why i support GEJ , most importantly is because he is from the SS, and i percieve that this is a rare chance for the SS to lead the nation and possibly correct some of the age-long ills against the oil-producing communities.

I knew it . This explains why you are blind to the questionable actions of Jonathan that[b] many Nigerians of consistent and undoubted integrity[/b] are beginning to speak against daily . Nothing , from Jonathan's actions , point to him as a man who want's to "correct some of the age-long ills against the oil-producing communities"

Yet we have seen a lot of actions that , to most objective and detribalised Nigerians , show that Jonathan is "more of the same".  You can claim that I "run down Jonathan" all you wan't  but I think it will be clear to many Niaralander that I wan't Nigeria to gain the President she needs at this particular point in time. Jonathan's desperate and daily actions (which you still fail to comment on like the billions to be spent on Presidential Planes) show that he will not take Nigeria forward.

If only you can look at GEJ with exactly same prism you have used for ribadu. . . . . you will not suddenly turn a GEJ fan, but atleast you will be less critical.

Like I said before , Ribadu, to me and to most Nigerians, represents the best of flawed tools while Jonathan , as Nigerians are speaking daily, represent the worst of flawed tools. Money is being thrown at everything and everyone under Jonathan currently yet Ribadu took a $15 million shocked shocked bribe to the CBN as proof against Ibori !!!! I will leave you to figure out which of the two men has the better credentials to fight Nigeria's number one enemy - corruption .
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
^
E be like say you really hate ND peeps wella! shocked
Guy, dem been tif your babe? Damn!

Everything is "oh, you are from the ND, oh you are Ijaw", "your son", "brother", "kinsman." Calm down, presido is an Ijaw man, but he is not representing Ijaw land, rather he is representing the country so don't hating every innocent person that disagrees with and labelling them "Ijaw."

If na Ijaw girl de hungry you, we can arrange "sontin." grin grin grin grin
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

I knew it . This explains why you are blind to the questionable actions of Jonathan that[b] many Nigerians of consistent and undoubted integrity[/b] are beginning to speak against daily . Nothing , from Jonathan's actions , point to him as a man who want's to "correct some of the age-long ills against the oil-producing communities"

Yet we have seen a lot of actions that , to most objective and detribalised Nigerians , show that Jonathan is "more of the same".  You can claim that I "run down Jonathan" all you wan't  but I think it will be clear to many Niaralander that I wan't Nigeria to gain the President she needs at this particular point in time. Jonathan's desperate and daily actions (which you still fail to comment on like the billions to be spent on Presidential Planes) show that he will not take Nigeria forward.

Like I said before , Ribadu, to me and to most Nigerians, represents the best of flawed tools while Jonathan , as Nigerians are speaking daily, represent the worst of flawed tools. Money is being thrown at everything and everyone under Jonathan currently yet Ribadu took a $15 million shocked shocked bribe to the CBN as proof against Ibori !!!! I will leave you to figure out which of the two men has the better credentials to fight Nigeria's number one enemy - corruption .

You knew what? see me see talk. grin grin  My friend i am not afraid to state how i feel. Is you position not informed by your being an AC member/supporter? I am not a member/supporter of any party but for presidential election , I am with GEJ. live with it.

Finally you have a second accusation against GEJ for the planes he bought. Please do me a favour and mention this credible nigerians and what they have said about GEJ. Its seems like being a critic automatically confers credibility abi?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

^
E be like say you really hate ND peeps wella! shocked
Guy, dem been tif your babe? Damn!

Everything is "oh, you are from the ND, oh you are Ijaw", "your son", "brother", "kinsman." Calm down, presido is an Ijaw man, but he is not representing Ijaw land, rather he is representing the country so don't hating every innocent person that disagrees with and labelling them "Ijaw."

If na Ijaw girl de hungry you, we can arrange "sontin." grin grin grin grin

Wether you like it or not , me and you are pals now  wink. Pals know and understand each other  wink.  This your new angle of trying to paint me is an Ijaw Hater will not work . It is another cheap ploy amongst many seen from you already.

Meanwhile everyone can see that I have a point when I state that the most blind supporters of Jonathan (you , Na-so and probably Papabrowne) on Nairaland are Ijaw folks same as Mr.President . At least it is becoming obvious to some young Nairalanders why Nigeria remains as it is . They can now see that supposedly good guys will support misdeamours and misgovernance if it is coming from their region . They will even supply mitigation for what every adult can adjudge to be wrong. Na-so admitted that he supports Jonathan because he wants an ND President . Must Nigeria , with all what we are seeing from Jonathan , lose out because of the sectional interest of those who cannot see the big picture like you ?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

You knew what? see me see talk. grin grin  My friend i am not afraid to state how i feel. Is you position not informed by your being an AC member/supporter? I am not a member/supporter of any party but for presidential election , I am with GEJ. live with it.

Finally you have a second accusation against GEJ for the planes he bought. Please do me a favour and mention this credible nigerians and what they have said about GEJ. Its seems like being a critic automatically confers credibility abi?

As well as lavishly quoting the ultra xenophobic Daily trust as proof tha Jonathan is bad (thankfully, we have been spared any Daily Trust "news" today).
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Wether you like it or not , me and you are pals now  wink. Pals know and understand each other  wink.  This your new angle of trying to paint me is an Ijaw Hater will not work . It is another cheap ploy amongst many seen from you already.

Meanwhile everyone can see that I have a point when I state that the most blind supporters of Jonathan (you , Na-so and probably Papabrowne) on Nairaland are Ijaw folks same as Mr.President . At least it is becoming obvious to some young Nairalanders why Nigeria remains as it is . They can now see that supposedly good guys will support misdeamours and misgovernance if it is coming from their region . They will even supply mitigation for what every adult can adjudge to be wrong. Na-so admitted that he supports Jonathan because he wants an ND President . Must Nigeria , with all what we are seeing from Jonathan , lose out because of the sectional interest of those who cannot see the big picture like you ?

So na_so wants an ND president to remedy the wrongs done to the ND for 50 years, while you support zoning and wish the North will take over PDP. . . Tell me, who do you think sounds worse to any listener? The man looking to his ND interests or the xenophobe, quoting the hyper-tribalist Daily Trust and single handedly posting and replying to anti-ND topics?

You can deny all you want, but take a step back and look down this thread dispassionately; then tell me if you wouldn't come to the conclusion yourself, that you are tribalistic. You even support IBB and Atiku. . . It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, since you've made "Ijaw" the new swear word, what can I say?

If you decide to call me "Ijaw", who am I to refuse? grin grin grin
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2010
   Meanwhile everyone can see that I have a point when I state that the most blind supporters of Jonathan (you , Na-so and probably Papabrowne) on Nairaland are Ijaw folks same as Mr.President . At least it is becoming obvious to some young Nairalanders why Nigeria remains as it is . They can now see that supp cry cry :oosedly good guys will support misdeamours and misgovernance if it is coming from their region . They will even supply mitigation for what every adult can adjudge to be wrong. Na-so admitted that he supports Jonathan because he wants an ND President . Must Nigeria , with all what we are seeing from Jonathan , lose out because of the sectional interest of those who cannot see the big picture like you ? 
word
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

So na_so wants an ND president to remedy the wrongs done to the ND for 50 years, while you support zoning and wish the North will take over PDP. . . Tell me, who do you think sounds worse to any listener? The man looking to his ND interests or the xenophobe, quoting the hyper-tribalist Daily Trust and single handedly posting and replying to anti-ND topics?

My guy , you are trying too hard to be decietful . you stated in the past that you are connected with the arts but I suspect you are a lawyer because you lie with consumate ease. Objective Nairalanders will admit that what I write makes it clear that I don't approve of zoning but I recognise that the PDP ,as it is allowed to do , officially allows for zoning in its constitution. I also believe that most politicians , contrary to what is said publicly and for now , believe in zoning. With time this will be reflected in the candidates we see for most political parties.  

Why have you never asked yourself why Jonathan does not simply seek another platform , like Duke , rather than put his own party through so much turmoil, division and rancour ?

You can deny all you want, but take a step back and look down this thread dispassionately; then tell me if you wouldn't come to the conclusion yourself, that you are tribalistic. You even support IBB and Atiku. . . It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, sinse you've made "Ijaw" the new swear word, what can I say?

If you decide to call me "Ijaw", who am I to refuse? grin grin grin

More shameless deciet. I do not support Atiku and IBB and I don't know where you get the crap that you write. It is obvious that it is you who is tribalistic.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Admirably , [size=14pt]this chap is Jonathan's kinsman[/size] yet he , unlike some , admits to the truth about GEJ we can all see . We continue to see articles like that below lately , and from the most detribalised Nigerians of integrity , yet we hardly see any writings extolling the virtue or  superb 'performance' and credentials of Jonathan. Perhaps Beaf and co need to start writing ASAP on Nigerian newsights .

http://www.saharareporters.com/article/not-job-man-friday

I must be missing something obvious. . .
The article in question was written by Patrick Okene. Where exactly does he tell you that he is Jonathans kinsman? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Did you pluck it from thin air as usual? We must be objective in our speech.

This tribalistic thing is really eating you up Charlie! Damn!
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe is not a PDP member, he wants PDP voted out in the next election, he knows the Nigerian constitution makes every nigerian eligible to run for presidential elections, he however celebrates the retention of zoning in PDP provided that eliminates GEJ. Why  am  I  not suprised?

I am however too suprised that Gbawe has concluded that the only people supporting GEJ on this forum are Ijaws from SS based on ethnic sentiments  and every other fair-minded nigerian like him is against GEJ. Kai, how u urself see dis your logic?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

I must be missing something obvious. . .
The article in question was written by Patrick Okene. Where exactly does he tell you that he is Jonathans kinsman? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Did you pluck it from thin air as usual? We must be objective in our speech.

This tribalistic thing is really eating you up Charlie! Damn!

Olodo grin grin. I know comprehension is difficult for you but you should try to read the article properly instead of making a fool of yourself and showing Nairalanders of why you were a perennial WAEC failure  grin grin:

I am not in any way been unfair to my fellow Niger Deltan but truth be told, he is not the best we can offer.

I work with facts . Nairalanders can see that , like desperate Jonathan , you are the one keen to "pluck things from thin air" to support your discredited stance.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Olodo grin grin. I know comprehension is difficult for you but you should try to read the article properly instead of making a fool of yourself and showing Nairalanders of why you were a perennial WAEC failure grin grin:

I work with facts . Nairalanders can see that , like desperate Jonathan , you are the one keen to "pluck things from thin air" to support your discredited stance.

Gbawe, Gbawe, Gbawe! How many times did I call you? So you take this statement as proof that Mr Okene is Jonathans kinsman? Wonders! shocked

I am not in any way been unfair to my fellow Niger Deltan

It is not good to cry for a grown man, otherwise I would have given up and wept for you. Oh! Damn!
You don't even know if Mr Okene is Urhobo, Igbo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Afemai, Bini, Yoruba (all valid Niger Delta ethnicities) or even from Pluto, yet you, a full grown man have decided that he is not only Ijaw, but is in fact Jonathans kinsman! Damn!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Wether you like it or not , me and you are pals now  wink. Pals know and understand each other  wink.  This your new angle of trying to paint me is an Ijaw Hater will not work . It is another cheap ploy amongst many seen from you already.

Must you reduce my entire response to just this point? Is it that the other parts of my are no-go areas for you?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
Patrick okene is urhobo. Probably one of the few Oghara guys not happy that somebody is still in Dubai grin
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

Patrick okene is urhobo. Probably one of the few Oghara guys not happy that somebody is still in Dubai grin

I knew it, that laughter was going to kill me today! Jonathans kinsman indeed. . . All hail the new Gbawe Ijaw group which is actually Urhobo! Wetin man no go see for NL? grin
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

Gbawe, Gbawe, Gbawe! How many times did I call you? So you take this statement as proof that Mr Okene is Jonathans kinsman? Wonders! shocked

It is not good to cry for a grown man, otherwise I would have given up and wept for you. Oh! Damn!
You don't even know if Mr Okene is Urhobo, Igbo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Afemai, Bini, Yoruba (all valid Niger Delta ethnicities) or even from Pluto, yet you, a full grown man have decided that he is not only Ijaw, but is in fact Jonathans kinsman! Damn!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

My brother , as usual you are blinded by obduracy to even comprehend that you are proving my point that it is you who is the tribalist. The writer says he is Jonathans fellow Niger Deltan . Most objective and reasonable readers will accept that to mean that he is closer to Jonathan , than for example a Yoruba man, as per hailing from the same region. While Kinsman may be the wrong choice of word because he may not be Ijaw as Jonathan is , the implication you pedantically try to discredit (perhaps because you don't have solid arguement to butress your stance) is that the writer is rising above regional sentiments unlike you and others.

I am getting tired of exposing your deciet and shameless lack of integrity . You say the writer does not say he is Jonathan's kinsman , in a foolish and hasty effort to discredit me , yet I show you where the writers states unequivocally that he is Jonathan's fellow Niger Deltan and you are now shamelessly talking about Itsekiri, Bini, et al when everyone can see you only want to use pedantism to back your bigoted stance  ? Do you have any shame at all or do you just enjoy being made a fool of ? Just be man enough to admit you are wrong sometimes and move on  !!!! Na Yam ?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by denitro(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2010
SUCCESS IS A FUNCTION OF = ATTRIBUTE + RESULT.
SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST INTERESTED IN ATTRIBUTE AND NOT INTERESTED IN RESULT.
GEJ SHOULD PRODUCE SOME RESULT FAST IF HE WANTS TO GIVE US A GLIMPSE OF WHAT WE CAN EXPECT AFTER 2011.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PRESIDENT WHO HAS NO ATTRIBUTE BUT PRODUCES RESULT.
E.G BILL CLINTON,
  BILL CLINTON HAD NO MORALS - SLEPT WITH HIS SECRETARY, BROUGHT love-peddlers INTO THE WHITE HOUSE.
  BUT PRODUCED RESULT,
  TO THE AVERAGE AMERICANS, HE WAS A SUCCESSFUL PRESIDENT
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PRESIDENT WHO HAS ALL THE ATTRIBUTE BUT PRODUCES NO RESULT
E.G GEORGE BUSH,
     GEORGE BUSH WAS STRICT, STRAIGHT, MORALLY GUIDED MAN.
     BUT, BUT, HIS 2 TERMS WERE A DISASTER.
PEOPLE ROOTING FOR GEJ - SHOULD DO SOME SOUL SEARCHING, I WANT HIM TO DELIVER POWER BEFORE I CAN TRUST HIM
PEOPLE ROOTING FOR BUHARI - ATTRIBUTES OR RESULT (I WOULDN'T WANT A PRESIDENT WHO WILL SPEND HIS 4 YEARS CHASING CRIMINALS
                                                  WHILE I SLEEP IN DARKNESS.

PEOPLE ROOTING FOR IBB - ARE YOU CRAZY (YOU SHOULD BE DEPORTED)
GEJ, BUHARI, NUHU, DUKE CAN ALL DELIVER BUT THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
AND THAT IS THAT
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother , as usual you are blinded by obduracy to even comprehend that you are proving my point that it is you who is the tribalist. The writer says he is Jonathans kinsmen . Most objective and reasonable readers will accept that .

I am getting tired of exposing your deciet and shameless lack of integrity . Yuo say the writer does not say he is Jonathan's kinsman , in a foolish and hasty effort to discredit me , yet I show you where the writers states unequivocally that he is Jonathan's kinsman and you are now shamelessly talking about Itsekiri, Bini, et al ? Do you have any shame at all or do you just enjoy being made a fool of ? Just be man enough to admit you are wrong sometimes and move on  !!!! Na Yam ?

No matter the juju you do, Itsekiri, Bini etc remain valid ND groups; Mr Okene has even turned out to be Urhobo too. Na wa! grin grin grin grin grin
Seriously, you have made my day, I haven't been this entertained for some time, what a way to kick off the weekend! Dude you're good!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Is A Husband Beater -ambassador Wigwe / Boko Haram’s Cameroon Connection: Fear Of Islamic Extremism In Cameroon: Part 1 / In Nigeria, Internet Commerce Is On The Rise - Wall Street Journal [dealdey]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.