Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! (1901 Views)

Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / What Nigerians Are Saying About Osita Chidoka & The Vacant Senate Seat / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

Patrick okene is urhobo. Probably one of the few Oghara guys not happy that somebody is still in Dubai grin

It really does not matter . He is a fellow Niger Deltan of Jonathan . I dont know where you are from precisely but I think, Niger Deltan , will naturally be more inclined to side with Jonathan because of the prevalence of ethnic bias in Nigeria that clouds the judgement of even the most intelligent Nigerians.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

Gbawe is not a PDP member, he wants PDP voted out in the next election, he knows the Nigerian constitution makes every nigerian eligible to run for presidential elections, he however celebrates the retention of zoning in PDP provided that eliminates GEJ. Why am I not suprised?

I am however too suprised that Gbawe has concluded that the only people supporting GEJ on this forum are Ijaws from SS based on ethnic sentiments and every other fair-minded nigerian like him is against GEJ. Kai, how u urself see dis your logic?

Why don't you speak about the PDP constitution that Jonathan is trying to subvert ? Does that show any honour or integrity ? I don't support zoning but the PDP voted in its favour and it is actually supported in the Party's constitution . You should ask why Jonathan , if he is honourable , not do what Donald Duke is doing instead of Mr. President deciding that the sack of Ogbulafor and various arm-twisting tactics is the way to go .

It is obvious that Jonathan and his sponsors are desperate for power because of the massive opportunites for self-enrichment it gives them. Otherwise why does Jonathan , especially as he is aware of the rancour the removal of zoning from the PDP constitution will cause, not just run on the platform of another Party or as an Independent candidate if Mr.President is sure of his own personal approval rating?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe i dont know how else to put it. It will really be impossible for every man in ND even Ijaws to support GEJ. Even Tam david west is campaigning for Buhari. What i hate is for someone to come tell me that Tam david west is more objective than I am , because he supports a northerner.  some northerners support GEJ too, both fake and real supporters.

Ok , let me ask the  de-tribalised Gbawe who he voted for in 2003? The SW  gave un-alloyed support to OBJ irrespective of party divide. Was it because of his performance between 1999-2003? Definitely not. But a lot of "objective" Yorubas voted for him. I voted for OBJ too because i felt he was a better devil than Buhari.

Yes you call it tribal sentiment, but i strongly feel  kick starting the kind of developmental projects needed in the ND and SE will require someone that both feels the pain of this people and has the political wherewithal to act.

Take it from me, anyone that wins 2011 and fails to give the development of the ND top priority will run his government on foreign loans. We will all witness our daily export drop from 2.3 million barrels a day to less than 500,000 barrels. No be mouth , no be threat, amnesty or not.
This is the reason why i will hardly support Buhari when i consider the distribution of projects throughout his reign as PTF boss.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Why don't you speak about the PDP constitution that Jonathan is trying to subvert ? Does that show any honour or integrity ? I don't support zoning but the PDP voted in its favour and it is actually supported in the Party's constitution . You should ask why Jonathan , if he is honourable , not do what Donald Duke is doing instead of Mr. President deciding that the sack of Ogbulafor and various arm-twisting tactics is the way to go .

It is obvious that Jonathan and his sponsors are desperate for power because of the massive opportunites for self-enrichment it gives them. Otherwise why does Jonathan , especially as he is aware of the rancour the removal of zoning from the PDP constitution will cause, not just run on the platform of another Party or as an Independent candidate if Mr.President is sure of his own personal approval rating?

Before i speak further on zoning i want you to answer these questions:

1. If zoning is retained (according to PDP constitution), which zone should produce the president in 2011?
2. Tell me any candidate in Africa that can win a presidential election as an independent candidate.? Be real abeg.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Beaf: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

This is what they call holier than the pope. Are you a PDP member? No, so wetin come konsain you? [size=3pt]If not tribalism?[/size]
Were you born to selflessly save PDP?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

Before i speak further on zoning i want you to answer these questions:

1. If zoning is retained (according to PDP constitution), which zone should produce the president in 2011?
2. Tell me any candidate in Africa that can win a presidential election as an independent candidate.? Be real abeg.

The issue of zoning withing the PDP exposes Jonathan's lack of integrity . If the PDP members themselves want zoning then Jonathan must respect this if he is , first and foremost , a democrat . Afterall it has been revealed that GEJ has voted in favour of zoning in the past. All right thinking Nigerians should then worry about how Jonathan , like OBJ , now wants to casually disregard the will of the majority to gain a Political position . History has shown that actions like that reveal how some Politicians want power for the sake of it rather than because they believe in service to the electorate.

If Buhari emerges as the CPC candidate unnopossed why should me and you insist that the CPC should have conducted Primaries when the Party itself is happy to adopt Buhari as its candidate?

Charity begins at home and Jonathan should respect the wish of the majority in his own Party. Let the PDP field their Northern candidate if that is what the Party wants . If this Northern candidate goes on to become President in a free and fair election , then Na-so cheesy

Jonathan may not win as an Independent candidate but he is not the epitome of integrity if he wants to forcefully bully himself unto a platform he is not qualified use as the the constitution of his own Party . As they say "sin is sin" same as undemocratic action and dictatorial action , even within a Political party , remaind condemnable.

We all saw OBJ at his undemocratic best in 2006. Jonathan would be better off trying to run on a platform of integrity than attempting to bully everyone as OBJ did in 2006.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2010
^^^^^^

Since you obviously evaded answering my question 1, let me rephrase. which zone should produce the next president in the spirit of Zoning? is it northwest,northeast or northcentral?
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

This is what they call holier than the pope. Are you a PDP member? No, so wetin come konsain you? [size=3pt]If not tribalism?[/size]
Were you born to selflessly save PDP?

This is the type of nonsense the entire forum now knows to expect from you . Most Nigerians are not strict disciples of any political Party since they can vote for a PDP President , at national level, and an AC Governor at State level .

Good to see that you are proving my point of how you and others will never see anything wrong in the actions of Jonathan . You should, if you have enduring integrity,  minimally comment on how Jonathan is not even willing to respect the constitution of his own Party . We all should have known how Yar Adua would be a poor President from how he was comfortable with the dictatorial ways the playing field was unfairly levelled for him. Jonathan, under OBJ's tutelage, is doing precisely the same beginning with the sack of Ogbulafor. Decent Nigerians , who learn from history , should then worry when history is repeating itself appallingly . No one wants another stooge from the same Godfathers who gave us one three years ago !!!!

If most Parties gain candidates who are not dictatorially forced on their respective Parties , then Nigeria stands the chance of gaining a good President . Get that into your head .

If Duke had emerged the PDP candidate in 2006 then I would have voted for him so take your silly rhetoric elsewhere. I don't have to be a PDP member to wan't every Political Party to gain candidates who follow the rules and are not just disciples (Jonathan) of lawless Godfathers (OBJ, Danjuma, Anenih, et al).
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^

Since you obviously evaded answering my question 1, let me rephrase. which zone should produce the next president in the spirit of Zoning? is it northwest,northeast or northcentral?

I answered your question right:

Let the PDP field their Northern candidate if that is what the Party wants . If this Northern candidate goes on to become President in a free and fair election , then Na-so

The other Political Parties can do as they please since most say that zoning is a PDP affair. You continue to speak of zoning as if all Nigerians publicly subscribe to it when , as far as I know, it is the the PDP that recognises zoning in its constitution .

Every Party should start its effort at winning the Presidency by following its own rule so that , as we saw with the PDP in 2006, we do not have the "annoited" candidates of evil kingmakers , who want to keep Nigeria down, dictatorially promoted into positions where they can actually become President.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Haba how can you say that? Ok the "North" is now one Geopolitical region abi? This you proposition that the "north" can field whoever they like is in itself why inequity will be more serious under zoning. The reason being that , provided it is between north and south , it becomes so ambigous that , it will be difficult to stop geopolitical zones that have done their turn from forcing their way in  again provided they have the voting mass. Meaning that after the north finishes in 2015 , nothing stops a yoruba man from emerging from the south again.

I know you are very smart and obviuosly trying to dodge something I am bringing out to show that even the proponents of zoning like ATiku and IBB are not sincere else they are supposed to know that the zoning rules them out. How? The North west started in 2007 and had UMYA not died , he would have done a second term to "balance" the equation.

My conclusion therefore is that if zoning is to continue, it must remain in the northwest where UMYA is from. The last time i checked IBB is from Niger -North central and ATIKU from Adamawa-- North EAst. They both are not eligible. If even the northerners are not sincere with implementing the zoning to the letter, then why should GEJ be?

The problem now is that IBB and ATIKU want to use zoning to scare GEJ, and make it easy for them to clinch presidency , when they are not even eligible.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Haba how can you say that? Ok the "North" is now one Geopolitical region abi? This you proposition that the "north" can field whoever they like is in itself why inequity will be more serious under zoning. The reason being that , provided it is between north and south , it becomes so ambigous that , it will be difficult to stop geopolitical zones that have done their turn from forcing their way in again provided they have the voting mass. Meaning that after the north finishes in 2015 , nothing stops a yoruba man from emerging from the south again.

I know you are very smart and obviuosly trying to dodge something I am bringing out to show that even the proponents of zoning like ATiku and IBB are not sincere else they are supposed to know that the zoning rules them out. How? The North west started in 2007 and had UMYA not died , he would have done a second term to "balance" the equation.

My conclusion therefore is that if zoning is to continue, it must remain in the northwest where UMYA is from. The last time i checked IBB is from Niger -North central and ATIKU from Adamawa-- North west. They both are not eligible. If even the northerners are not sincere with implementing the zoning to the letter, then why should GEJ be?

The problem now is that IBB and ATIKU want to use zoning to scare GEJ, and make it easy for them to clinch presidency , when they are not even eligible.

My brother I know that you have more personal integrity than Beaf but dis one wey you write get as e bee OOO. I never said that the North "is now one Geopolitical region" or that the "North can field whoever they like " . I made it clear that zoning is a PDP affair- at least publicly. It is the PDP , if that is what it members want , that must look at its peculiar zoning arrangement to produce its candidate. If the PDP wants to zone it Presidency to a Northerner from a specific region then so be it . Is it not ideologically wrong for anyone to approve of how Jonathan and his numerous 'godfathers' are doing everything to change the rule in the middle of the game?

Is it not better , and a far greater indicator of integrity , for Jonathan to find another platform to run on than for Mr. President to continue with the dictatorial actions we are seeing like the removal of Ogbulafor ? Why must the Camel attempt to squeeze through the eye of the needle?

Jonathan 'crew' tried and failed to get the PDP to remove the zoning clause from its constitution. If you really see what needs to be seen you will understand what some of us are saying . Jonathan is trying desperately to retain his Job in 2011 . That in itself is OK . Bending set laws and dictatorially using the EFCC and the office of the Presidency is not okay as those things are ominous indicators that Nigeria will gain another Yar Adua to the glee of OBJ, Anenih and co . The bully boy tactics and the conscription of those who have destroyed Nigeria (OBJ, Danjuma, Anenih, et al) are indicators that Jonathan , like Yar Adua, is comfortable with patently wrong behaviour as long as he is the beneficiary.

Like I said before , No one wants a repeat of 2006 . Let every party , to include , the PDP follow its own rules so that Nigeria stand the chance of gaining a president that was , first and foremost , the choice of his own party .

The PDP has said Jonathan can run anyway so we will all watch to see if the Party primaries will be democratic or if it will be a ridiculous sham such as that which produce Yar Adua as the PDP candidate in 2006.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Eziachi: 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2010
He clocked a few air miles and then bought himself 3 aircrafts.

Banned and unbanned super eagles within a week.

Got himself many facebook friends and spent most night talking to them.

Managed an audience with Turai Yar Adua for once.

Managed not to be undone by his Mrs on Zebrudaya spoken English competition.

Managed to keep zoning on the front burner through his ready made apostles without saying much himself.

Switched on the 50 years anniversary count down clock that will signal the 50 billion celebration bonaza naira sharing.

Got himself registered online as a PDP member before the party's technology phobia members gave the idea an elbow.

What else do you want from a president? That is a heck of an achievement if I may say so. Many more hundred days and that is cming from a non Nigerian!!!!
Sorry to intrude!
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2010
ROFLMAO!!
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by ikeyman00(m): 12:39am On Aug 14, 2010
@@@@@@@@@

poster

dnt waste your time with BEAF

i have already put the question straight in his face and all he could do na the same s tupid attitude

Joe might as well get lost!!!! for real

within six month ths is what it sound like SPIT ON THE FLOOR

b astardsssssssssssssss
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by ikeyman00(m): 12:43am On Aug 14, 2010
oh

agenda 5

looking for 5,000,000,000 dollars from world bank within 6 months in power

my word; if i have my way i burn these modaf ukerssssssssss
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 14, 2010
Jonathan ain't a good leader. He ain't right; he got it!!! I mean our new currency became billion naira notes since he took over and only one of those billion naira slangs talks about electricity. He can't fix shit!!!. He is calling a committee of senators who thinks power grid mean presidency and power distribution means rotation of presidency. How are those people going to be able to fix our power problems? When you want to debate on issues, you get experts on that issue to debate it among themselves and come present their case to the senate. You don't get the senate to debate on what they don't know Arrow about.!! Jonathan in my opinion is nothing but a figure head who doesn't know what to do with power!!!!!!!! Buhari is sounding more credible although I hate him too. IBB? NO on arrival. Pat Utomi hell no!! Donald Duke is the only credible candidate I know. Donald duke/Fashola would be a dream ticket. They have both proved worthy of leading their respective states. Though I don't support some of what Fashola does, he has a vision to develop and that is a good sign. He uses think tanks (this provide jobs for philosophers and experts on respective subjects). Jonathan is using senator who knows nothing as think tanks. You need think tanks on all aspects of a society in a country where we are 140mil.

I don't like how Nigeria is governed!!!
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2010
This is what Nigerians are saying  while the likes of PapaBrowne tell us that "Jonathan is hugely popular" because of a silly facebook gimmick and Na-So states 'authoritatively' that the "the Presidency is Jonathan's to lose". When I then tell these folks that they only see things differently to the rest of Nigeria because they are from the ND region they get annoyed. From the comments below it is terribly obvious that most Nigerian's will not vote for Jonathan because they see him as "more of the same" . You cannot be "popular" for doing nothing but associating with those who have ruined Nigeria and spending billions which will not impact on the lives of ordinary Nigerians.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-buy-three-new-presidential-jets

reply Jonathan To buy Three New jets
Submitted by Merem Emeribe (not verified) on August 13, 2010 - 14:36.
We have said it that Jonathan cannot perform.A man incapable of stringing three correct sentences together is our president in this century. A man who claims to be a Ph.D holder with the exposure in government this long cannot honestly see the yearnings of Nigerians and the way to go.This man is not only daft but capable of fast tracking the dismemberment of Nigeria.What does an ordinary person like Jonathan need 3 new jets for?What is the cost to the lives of many more ordinary Nigerians?Is this good governance to come from a south-south president?Where is papa Clark now?Nigerians must stop Jonathan and these other fringe characters seeking to impose themselves on us.The TIME has come!

reply what kind of brain this idoit
Submitted by poor people (not verified) on August 13, 2010 - 00:42.
what kind of brain this idoit have, look at nigeria highway, people are dieing every day, now they want to spend such money for air fleet for the president, i pity this country

reply nigerians should not worry
Submitted by who will deliver us (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 22:23.
nigerians should not worry about that ,because they are buying that for their death.God must surely revange for His people,Goodluck has forgotten what happened to him recently in Uganda.let them continue misusing tax payers money,but for these one,they are buying their grave if they dont have a rethink

reply Mr. Ndume, the Minority Leader in the House was right after all!
Submitted by Okwuchukwu Ezeanyika, PA, USA (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 18:04.
Please, note these two quotations. One from Mr. Ali Ndume, the Minority Leader in Nigeria's House of Representatives and the other from Senator Hillary Clinton, US Secretary of State.

Mr. Ndume was quoted to have said thus: "80% of the annual budget goes to about 1% of the country made up of the Presidency, National Assembly, and the MDAs (Ministries, Departments, and Agencies) through the recurrent expenditures."

Mohammed Ali Ndume
Minority Leader and ANPP Leader in the House
of Representatives - August 6, 2010.

Mrs. Clinton addressed the press in the course of her last visit to Nigeria. She said thus: ", Without good governance, no amount of oil or no amount of aid, no amount of effort can guarantee Nigeria's success. But with good governance, nothing can stop Nigeria. It is the same message that I have carried in all of my meetings including my meeting this afternoon with your President, "

Mrs. Hillary Clinton
US Secretary of State - August 12, 2009.

Fellow Nigerians, you see why Nigeria cannot get it right with the mindset of our present political leaders, GEJ included. When 80 % of the budget is expended on the Presidency and Co why would'nt GEJ embark on purchase of aircrafts to add to his luxury?

Our leaders do this because they do not care for good governance which Mrs. Clinton, an 'oyinbo', espoused to them that it is what will ensure tremendous success for Nigeria. Thus, they do not care for the country's success.

Oya, forward march to 2011. Let us stand behind NUHU RIBADU for GOOD GOVERNANCE. God bless all of you for supporting NUHU RIBADU for 2011. Amen.

reply AGANGA CAME FROM A VERY
Submitted by AGHOGHO (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 17:45.
AGANGA CAME FROM A VERY COMPPROMISED GOLDMAN SACH(A CORRUPT ENTITY). WHAT ELSE DO WE EXPECT FROM HIM? USING HIS CRONIES IN INTERNATIONAL FINANCE SET UPS TO CREME OFF NIGERIA. AFTERALL THE PROCESS WAS INITIATED BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL SO HE CAN HIDE UNDER THAT TO QUICKLY HELP EGJ STEAL OUR MONIES. THAT INCLUDES THE OVER $4 BILLION FOR INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT.
EVERY  THAT BECOMES NIGERIA PRESIDENT WANTS TO BORROW FROM FROM ABROAD YET THERE IS EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT THAT IS SHARED TO STATE GOVERNORS AS RANSOM PAYMENTS FOR HOLDING NIGERIA HOSTAGE.
I SWEAR THESE IDIOTS WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL THE EVILS WITH THEIR BLOOD.
MEND PLEASE RESUME HOSTILITIES AND LET NIGERIA BE GROUNDED.
JONATHAN IS A FAILURE! I CAN BET THAT HE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST 30% OF THESE RECKLESS EXPENDITURE FOR HIS CAMPAIGN.

reply @Deri, please do not keep
Submitted by KOOL (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 17:40.
@Deri, please do not keep mute on this story. Some of us are waiting to read what you have to write on this. My comments are reserved until then. Cheers.

reply comment
Submitted by muhammad bn shehu (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 17:34.
wayyooooo we done die nigerians our leaders killed us and every day millions are dying as a result of hunger,illhealth,crisis,rta,and so on.Yet billions of naira are wasting in vain,may Allah change us these useless leaders and destroy them every fellow nigerias will say ameen.

reply WHY DISAPPOINT US?
Submitted by NDUBUISI AGU (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 17:26.
WITH THIS RECENT DEVELOPMENT OF BUYING 3 NEW PRESIDENTIAL JETS BY THE JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION, WE HAVE NOW SEEN THAT PEOPLE ARE PREPARING TO GATHER MONEY FOR THE FORTHCOMING GENERAL ELECTION. WE LOOK DISAPPOINTED AT THIS RECENT PLAN. PLEASE PRESIDENT JONATHAN, DROP THIS IDEA OF SPENDING SPREE WHICH IS IMPOVERISHING THE CITIZENS.

reply Habaa ! Oga Jonathan, this
Submitted by Dany Temi (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 17:15.
Habaa ! Oga Jonathan, this inhuman. You are buying three Aircraft at the sametime in a country where the unemployment rate is on the increase day-by-day and average spending of individual is less than one Dollar per day. What kind of President are you going to be?

reply Jet of corruption
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 17:01.
Those shouting from the South-South that this man be given chance,  is that what he will do for a country that has suffered too much in the hands of challatants?

reply A COCK IS KNOWN FROM D DAY IT IS HATCHED
Submitted by Man Enough (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 16:27.
This reveals what will happen if we give this man the chance.
He has squandered all the money saved by OBJ, put Nigeria back in debt and his appetite is not fulfilled. Any body wey get sense make he use am vote!

reply Although i'm from south but
Submitted by Habib_09 (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 15:55.
Although i'm from south but this is crazy NOT even one for him and others should use the one that he is using now.south- south and south- east are hungry to taste power but this man may be the worst president. goodluck didn't do better than the man he deputies at state level.this man is not good enough to be our next president,DONALD DUKE pls where are you. i haven't see any reasonable thing he has done so far. $150m is enough solve our power wahala.is time for youths to kill all these big, big thieves, there's peace in ghana now b/c they did that. Auto crash 17 in number ,houses in abuja fell killing alot and so many other signs showing God is no-longer happy cause they have seriously defy the capital city of the nation with innocent bloods and we all know the most lucrative business now in abuja (prostitution)

reply Spend It !!!
Submitted by Drudge (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 15:47.
Jonathan, please go ahead and spend the money. Buy whatsoever comes your way. These types of spending have been handled by people from other parts of the country for too long. You guys give me a break, the country has already collapsed and Jonny boy is only picking the crumbs. When OBJ sold the Jets from the fleet to his cronies didn’t you know that someone will have to replace them?

reply Although i'm from south but
Submitted by Habib_09 (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 15:41.
Although i'm from south but this is crazy NOT even one for him and others should use the one that he is using now.south- south and south- east are hungry to taste power but this man may be the worst president. goodluck didn't do better than the man he deputies at state level.this man is not good enough to be our next president,DONALD DUKE pls where are you. i haven't see any reasonable thing he has done so far. $150m is enough solve our power wahala.is time for youths to kill all these big, big thieves, there's peace in ghana now b/c they did that. Auto crash 17 in number ,houses in abuja fell killing alot and so many other signs showing God is no-longer happy cause they have seriously defy the capital city of the nation with innocent bloods and we all know the most lucrative business now in abuja (prostitution)

reply these guys just don't get it
Submitted by Ejyky (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 15:34.
sometimes i wonder the kind of brain that these our so-called leaders have or are they posessed by demons.How could u spend such a huge amount of money on jets while there are many more important things that need to be done.Meeen!these guys lack common sense,it's not all about accademic qualification but COMMON SENSE.

We should recall that the British prime minister-David Cameron recently travelled to U.S.A with a commercial flight,it is not even as if our president doesn't have a jet but rather he needs 3 more jets.God! these guys are just fools!!

reply Good for NIGERIANS. Chief
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 15:00.
Good for NIGERIANS. Chief Nzeribe said it that military intervention remains the only solution to the rot called Nigeria and we all called for his head.BADLUCK JONATHAN u are a disgrace.

reply Ribadu should wait for
Submitted by kkk (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 14:49.
Ribadu should wait for Buhari. we are not measuring peoples capabilities by age, but by test. Buhari is tested and no one would acuse him of corruption which is the major desisase killing our country slowly. Buhari is the solution in 2011

reply citizens/grassroots solution to Nigeria's economic problems
Submitted by Prince Abitunde Taiwo (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 14:35.
http://newsdiaryonline.com/Taiwo_solution.htm

reply The rate at which things
Submitted by Sele (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 13:59.
The rate at which things happen in this democracy gives me reason to wonder if democracy was even tailored to our culture and not exclusive to the whites. its tym for naija youths to bring about a revolution in this country. this is complete rubbish

reply THE PRESIDENTIAL JETS
Submitted by seyi oko (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 13:41.
Hmnn,we are at it again.Initially,i foolishly thought Goodluck Jonathan has anything to offer this country but now I know better.This is a man who is yet to make any meaningful impact in the life of the masses, yet he intends spending billions on our "Independence Anniversary" and now wants to buy BRAND NEW JETS FOR ABOUT 150MILLION DOLLARS!This is the same man who wants to obtain a loan to finance some "critical infrastructure".millions are hungry,jobless and dying daily due to doctors strike.if its a thing that brings our oppressors comfort,they will pay for it immediately but if such a thing will benefit the masses,they will either require a loan or tell us Govt is broke.Mr.Goodluck,pls answer this questions:

1. are the Jets National priorities?
2. Didn't Obasanjo buy some during his tenure and at a point said the fleet is too large and had to sell some off?
3. What is there to celebrate on October 1st to warrant such a huge budget or is it another food for the boys?
4. Does he have anything called conscience?

Fellow Nigerians,i guess we should stop praying for our "leaders". I think its high time we started raining curses on them and their generations.

reply Misplacement of
Submitted by Benson, Switzerland (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 13:16.
Misplacement of priorities!!!

Even if it's necessary to get an aircraft, why 3 at a time? Are you throwing away 3 old ones too? If yes, why? Were they never maintained? If no, it's simply a case of misplacement of priorities!!! Period.

reply Are the cracks beginning to show for Jonathan
Submitted by Murray Hunter (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 13:13.
Thanks for posting this article. We just wrote about it for the Meerkat Corruption Project in South Africa.

reply Vote Ex-president Buhari In, Vote Jonathan Goodluck Out 2011
Submitted by Njokede on August 12, 2010 - 12:32.
Jonathan Must be voted out.

reply they will soon die
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 12:11.
they will all go to hell soon like duwa did some months ago, they will never enjoy our money in good health.

reply This Is What I Wrote When Jonathan Was Stranded In Uganda
Submitted by Njokede on August 12, 2010 - 12:06.
Is This A Wayo Show To Buy New Presidential Aircrafts?
Submitted by Njokede on July 28, 2010 - 08:46.

I hope this is not another Disney show being put up by Jonathan give him the legroom to buy new presidential aircraft? I have no single trust on Jonathan, National Assembly people, ministers and co. They are all full of craps and showmanship of lies are their core behaviours!

This is the reason we need a clean break from these people in 2011. We need to vote them out. Our leaders should be trusted by us for things to start jumping right in Nigeria. 6-point something billion Naira independence wasteful owanbe celebration,

Maybe the president is just fishing sympathy after being bashed a lot lately for his goofiness. Major irritants: National Honour

rig2011electionyoudie@rocketmail.com

reply It's unfair
Submitted by Positive (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 12:05.
Mr. Jona, you are yet to make any meaningful impact in the lives of an average Nigerian, which God has given you a life time opportunity to govern and you are already using our hard-earned money to buy 3-Jets, for your use. I think this is very very unfair no matter the reason for this decision.
God is watching you,

reply Outrageous!!
Submitted by Mr Ade (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 11:45.
Jonathan is a let down. I cant believe this is happening!
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2010
It is clear from what average Nigerians are saying that Jonathan will help us see the back of the PDP . Nigerians are now talking about Ribadu and Duke non-stop . It is not difficult to become dissillusioned with Jonathan. A lot of initial goodwill now sqaundered by the type of insensitive financial Profligacy that could only mean that Jonathan , like those before him, is planning to leave the stage as a very wealthy man or that money is the main tool to be used in the attempt to actualise 'Project Jonathan' .

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-buy-three-new-presidential-jets?page=1

Check his antecedents
Submitted by Iyke
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 11:42.
Check his antecedent and know for yourself whether this administration is leading us anywhere or not.
First, he was going fight against corruption, declare state of emergency on power sector, install peace in the Niger-delta and heighten efficiency of Police in tackling security challenges across the country.
Now, what is happening.
EFCC is as dead as wood.
Power sector reform, no visible programme.
Militants are only recieving stipends to pacify their anger, meanwhile armed robbery and kidnapping of appalling proportions are bedevilling our society especially in the southeast region.

You are conniving with the national assembly members to waste N10b in the name of independent celebrations. When you simpletons go up there, you see things to celebrate for . But, when you come down here, you only see despondecy, rot, insecurity, anarchy etc.
You had the moral sanctity to give national honours to known corrupt people. Irrespective of what your justification are for those awards;they are morally wrong before God and man.
Now, you want to buy 3 jets at the cost $150bn .
Ask yourself, do I have what it takes to remain as President beyond 2011 ?

reply 3 NEW JETS
Submitted by mistertee
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 11:18.
3 JETS: ONE FOR HIMSELF; ONE FOR HIS WIFE AND ONE FOR HIS V-PEE. Who says the old order is not continuing?

reply Want to see this crap come o
Submitted by Anonymous
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 11:06.
Want to see this crap come o an end? Lets draft Pro Pat Utomi for president

reply PDP's a poison
Submitted by DayoFaj
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 11:00.
As long as we have anyone from PDP in governance, the prosperity and progress of this country is in great doubt. Even if Martin Luther King Jr, or Nelson Mandela or Abraham Lincoln were to become our president, if they would come and contest under the PDP, then they will become vision less just as the party PDP. They won't succeed.
The party has brought all sought of harm you can think about on this country.
If anyone is serious and dedicated about good leadership in this country, then the person should not think about succeeding under PDP. In the first place, anyone who goes under PDP is not about the nation but about corruption, backwardness and selfishness. Anyone under the PDP knows what they are in for.
We don't need sentimental leadership like that of Jonathan. We don't need old cargoes in leadership, we don't want old ways of doing things, We need people who know the right to be done and the ones who'll do it. We need revolutionary leadership. We don't want someone who will know the right thing to do and won't do it.
You can at least know a right leader by listening carefully to their speeches, their interviews. SUCH PEOPLE DISCUSS NATION BUILDING NOT POLITICS. They don't discuss zoning, outrageous salary increases and other mediocre topics. The right people can only get into power when put them there, we should get the right candidates to contest. AT all levels, local government level, Presidential level, Senatorial seats, such cannot be found in the PDP. Although, vision less and selfish leadership exist in other parties, taking out all PDP candidates is a good start, and before someone starts doubting, it can happen!!! Yes, it can. Abraham Lincoln did it, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela did it in their time, ours is not and exception. It could never happen without the right people taking on the mantle of leadership. Take up this challenge and get the crown of honor. We have people like Babatunde Raji Fashola making it happen even in the midst of corruption and political godfatherism, Believe me, it can, I believe it in my Spirit

reply PDP's is a poison
Submitted by DayoFaj
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:59.
As long as we have anyone from PDP in governance, the prosperity and progress of this country is in great doubt. Even if Martin Luther King Jr, or Nelson Mandela or Abraham Lincoln were to become our president, if they would come and contest under the PDP, then they will become vision less just as the party PDP. They won't succeed.
The party has brought all sought of harm you can think about on this country.
If anyone is serious and dedicated about good leadership in this country, then the person should not think about succeeding under PDP. In the first place, anyone who goes under PDP is not about the nation but about corruption, backwardness and selfishness. Anyone under the PDP knows what they are in for.
We don't need sentimental leadership like that of Jonathan. We don't need old cargoes in leadership, we don't want old ways of doing things, We need people who know the right to be done and the ones who'll do it. We need revolutionary leadership. We don't want someone who will know the right thing to do and won't do it.
You can at least know a right leader by listening carefully to their speeches, their interviews. SUCH PEOPLE DISCUSS NATION BUILDING NOT POLITICS. They don't discuss zoning, outrageous salary increases and other mediocre topics. The right people can only get into power when put them there, we should get the right candidates to contest. AT all levels, local government level, Presidential level, Senatorial seats, such cannot be found in the PDP. Although, vision less and selfish leadership exist in other parties, taking out all PDP candidates is a good start, and before someone starts doubting, it can happen!!! Yes, it can. Abraham Lincoln did it, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela did it in their time, ours is not and exception. It could never happen without the right people taking on the mantle of leadership. Take up this challenge and get the crown of honor. We have people like Babatunde Raji Fashola making it happen even in the midst of corruption and political godfatherism, Believe me, it can, I believe it in my

reply Is not a surprise especially
Submitted by tim
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:56.
Is not a surprise especially for those that have being following the trend of events.Jonathan is no different from our past leaders except that is an 'educated thief'.

reply Simple Mathematics
Submitted by Anon
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:42.
@Omo 9ja, you bigotted a--hole, Jonathan is not an Igbo man. With all the problems facing Nigerians, you can only see things from an ethnic viewpoint. Ignorant jerk.

reply FELLOW AND TRUE NIGERIANS,
Submitted by JOE UK
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:40.
FELLOW AND TRUE NIGERIANS, PLEASE ITS TIME WE ALL IGNORE JONATHAN AND HIS DECEITFUL FACEBOOK PAGE FULL OF LIES, ITS OBVIOUS THIS MAN HAS NOTHING TO OFFER, HE IS JUST USING THE PAGE TO GATHER SUPPORT TO ENABLE HIM RUN AND WIN THE ELECTION. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE AND I KNOW WE ALL MADE UP OF WISE PEOPLE. THANKS

reply PLS NIGERIA LET US VOTE JONATHAN OUT COME 2011
Submitted by Barry moore
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:31.
PLEASE NIGERIANS LET US VOTE THIS FOOL OUT OF GOVT. HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

reply Jonathan is not an Igbo man,
Submitted by Anon
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:26.
Jonathan is not an Igbo man, you bigotted a--hole. With all the problems Nigeria has, you can only see things from an ethnic point of view. Jerk!

reply Jonathan to buy three new planes!
Submitted by sheu usman
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 10:08.
Habaaaaaa!Goodluck should be ashamed of himself for making presidential jets a priority at this pount in time!why did he not probe the tokunbo jet that Obj bought,recover our money from him and use it to buy a better jet?and was that why they recently stage-managed a fault on the presidential jet in Uganda warranting GJ s return to that country to go and sleep another 12hours?yeye de smell.the irony is that jets unlike cars are not bought cash and carry,sohe may pay for them,take the cream on top but he may not ride in any of them.shio!

reply Its is a welcome development
Submitted by officer ricky
on August 12, 2010 - 09:27.
Jonathan should have even gone for brand new jets, as the president of this great nation he should be confortablr. It was a great embarasment as Jonathan was stranded in Uganda, Big Big embarassment, 150 million dollars is worth it and even more, Nigeria no matter what will complain, but when u guiyz get there u will do worse things,, Shit Country

Go Jonathan Go jonathan Go!!!!
please buy one more for your wife oh and mayb for the children, niger delta should enjoy this money pllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, No b only Babangida and Atiku sabi chop money,

reply Let us not deceive ourselves,
Submitted by Tunde Kulajolu
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 09:19.
Let us not deceive ourselves, Nigerians, we are yet to have the leadership that would save our land. This present leadership is a product of the bad leadership that has bedevilled this nation. We all have to rise up and mobilise against this leadership. There is need for us to participate actively in the political process. Our destiny lies in our hand. We can choose to vote this people out or let them continue with the rot they are pushing us into. Nigeria can be great again. God bless Nigeria. Long live my Fatherland.

reply Mr Presiedent
Submitted by DYING PENSIONERS OF DELTA STEEL COMPANY LIMITED
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 08:31.
The Pensioners of Delta of Steel Company, Ovwian-Aladaja who are dying on daily basis because of the inability of your government to pay their terminal benefits and pension arrears since 2005 are passionately appeal to you to buy one jet and use the balance to pay DSC pensioners.
If you do this you would have saved the souls of these Nigerians who are dying on daily with thousands of their children out school.

reply criminals in power.
Submitted by mysterious
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 08:24.
if jonathan like,let him buy air-force one.it does not concern him even if his fellow citizens are going to bed with empty stomachs or dying in hospitals without drugs or children not able to go to school because of its high cost or none at all.my sincere advise to him is to remember his former boss,yar adua.after king solomon has acquired everything on earth,what was his final observation,vanity upon vanity,all is vanity.the legacy one leaves behind is what he is remembered for.if he likes,let him order for hercules air plane or the type that james bond uses, not minding that his country men are almost eating from the dust-bin.one day,he will still answer the final call like yar adua and i doubt if any airplane will save him .

reply Bubble head
Submitted by He's a Primitive Asawana
(ijaw man) (not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 08:18.
On important discuss like the above headline, you won't see bubble head like DERI, on here.Bayelsa state governor has a good reason for not backing GEJ. A nation were her first lady has criminal record and pending criminal case, I cry for my people every day.

reply The New Aircrafts
Submitted by Jabrata
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 07:28.
Its unfortunate how we set our priorities in this country. There is some "spirit" in Aso Rock that disconnects the inhabitants from reality! How many roads will $150m build and repair? That amount will go a long way in improving the Power problem and solving the unemployment problem.

With the passing of each day, Jonathan exhibits his incompetence to move this Nation forward. May God save Nigeria.

reply just imagine
Submitted by Anonymous
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 07:21.
just imagine using the price of one of the jets($45million) to build a great hospital for the people/ or maybe more than just one great hospital, at the end of the day half the money is going to disappear, i will soon start thinking of collecting my share if naija is not careful,

naijarelated. com

reply presidential jet
Submitted by Anonymous
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 05:55.
no wonder d presidential jet devloped fault in uganda, these leaders must be stupid, to think nigerians are as thotless as they are, but they should rememder one thing, WHERE IS YAR'DUA TODAY?

reply Thank you segun Olaleye, in
Submitted by munir sorunmu
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 05:35.
Thank you segun Olaleye, in fact I like OBJ for one thing is that he always make sure that we have enough money in our reserve, when OBJ hand over to Shagari, he left $45, billion dollars,the so call rogues NPN, blow all the money and they took IMF loans again and blow it.When OBJ again hand over to Yar dua he left billions of dollars in Nigeria reserve, and also the big time rogue Abacha loot and deposited in swiss bank, OBJ got some of the money back, and now Mr Jonathan want to start is own by buying three plane the same time that will cost $150 million dollars, and again he want to take IMF loan. By the he become president next year he buy more plane again forgetting that people are watching and the way he spend Nigeria money. We dont have a leader yet,the only person who can put the country on the right track and to do the right thing is Buhari, but they will block him and they will never allow him to get there. I pity and sorry for Nigeria we are in a big mess, our leaders are lack of visions.

reply What a shame!
Submitted by philipsjnr
on August 12, 2010 - 05:24.
What a disgrace! Is buying of three presidential jet a priority for a government and people who can hardly feed one time a day, have the highest percentage of unemployment rating, lacks basic social and economic infrastructure.

Yet this is a man deceiving Nigerians on facebook with theoretical lies and playing on the intelligence of its citizens.

What a shame!

reply The World Economy is going
Submitted by Kenneth Nkeeh
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 04:02.
The World Economy is going through a double dip recession. All government is going about big spending to jump start their Economies. Why will Nigeria own be different.
I support the Big Project that President GEJ is undertaking.
Government should immediately enter directly or otherwise into building bigger refineries, Food storage & processing plants, Bigger Electric power plants etc.
Nigerian Government MUST spend big on all sectors of the Economy if Nigeria can be prevented from going into Depression.

reply SIMPLE Mathematics
Submitted by omo 9ja
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 01:41.
==SIMPLE MATHS==
**YORUBA-MAN**(Oluṣẹgun Mathew Okikiọla Arẹmu Ọbasanjọ)FROM 29TH MAY 1999 TO 29TH MAY 2007, AS SELECTED PRESIDENT(8YRS), HE BOUGHT ONE PRESIDENTIAL JET;
=================================
**HAUSA-MAN** (Umaru Musa Yar'Adua) SELECTED AS PRESIDENT ON 29TH MAY 2007 AND DIED ON 5TH MAY 2010(ABOUT 3YRS), WAS IN POWER,WITHOUT BUYING PRESIDENTIAL JET ;
=================================
**IGBO-MAN** (Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan)TOOK THE OATH OF OFFICE ON 6TH MAY 2010(3MONTHS) AS THE PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC ON NIGERIA, TODAY (11TH AUG.2010) AT THE WEEKLY CABINET MEETING APPROVED THE PURCHASE OF "THREE NEW PRESIDENTAIL JETS, AT A COST OF $150 MILLION. IF THE SAME PRESIDENT IS SELECT IN 2011, HOW MANY PRESIDENTIAL JET/OTHER UNNECESSARY THING WILL HE BUY?

reply the day Nigeria would have a
Submitted by hameed
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 01:09.
the day Nigeria would have a president, is the day it will dawn on us that for a president to succeed in Nigeria, he must stay the hell away from ASO ROCK PRESIDENTIAL VILLA. it is golgota, a place of skulls. a place where the blood of the innocent has been shed by fetish devilish men who wanted to stay put there, a place that has witnessed the death of mad men who saw themselves as God. I believe in my heart of hearts that the evil spirit that resides there has to be exocirsed before any sane person can inhabit it. Jonathan has been captured by the resident evil of the villa, thats all. when he was in the VP's house, he was behaving ok, until he moved into the villa.

reply Obj did nothing
Submitted by Olusegun Olaleye
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 00:52.
Now, tell me that OBJ did nothing by paying off the debt and leaving about $60b in reserve. I say there's a problem with the black race and this leads me to conclude that the black race is dumb. The only way out of Nigeria's problems is the break up of different nations merged together by the British. The break up is long overdue.

reply THOU ART DE DESTROYER OF THYSELF!
Submitted by Augustine E. E. Afo
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 00:49.
BEFORE NOW I USED TO BLAME OUR SITUATIONS ON THE LEGACY OUR COLONIAL MASTERS BEQUEATED TO US, BUT NOW I HAVE WEANED MYSELF OF THIS VIEW. NIGERIANS ARE COWARDS, FOOLS AND GULLIBLE.
WE ARE ONLY GOOD AT COMPLAINING,SOCIETIES THAT WE LOOK TO OR ADMIRES TODAY BECAME WHAT THEY ARE WHEN THE CITIZENS STOOD UP TO TELL THOSE WHO EVER ASPIRES TO LEAD THEM WHAT THEY WANT.
WHAT IF NIGERIANS COME OUT TODAY TO SAY NO WE DON'T WANT THIS POLICY, WHAT IF THEY STAND UP TO SAY NO WE CANNOT CONTINUE LIKE THIS, WHAT IF THEY COME OUT ENMASSE TO SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED IN THAILAND RECENTLY?

reply ANOTHER DEBT BURDEN, GOD FORBID!
Submitted by Obieze
(not verified) on August 12, 2010 - 00:31.
The National assembly must not approve this new borrowing of funds from International Creditors, it does not portend good for the country, why borrow when we have excess and reserved accounts why cant they finance the so called critical infrastructure through the Excess Crude Account? why open another debt burden that will soon accrue Interest and Fine to times four of the original amount borrowed. why can't we learn from history? President Jonathan if you do not know what to do, please quietly hold election and pack your things and go back to Bayelsa. It is on record that you have disbursed several billions of dollars from the excess crude account without anything to show for it in the last couple of Months. You could not even ask the Governors what they did with the money, now you want to result to borrowing from international creditors when election is around the corner. Do you really mean well for this country? Please do not open another debt burden on this country, if you want to rebuilt critical infrastructure, you can do so without borrowing. The money you are sharing with the thieving Governors is enough to build the infrastructure you are talking about. Enough of this Papa Deceive Pikin system of Governance.

reply This man is a fool. How
Submitted by Osyman Dias
(not verified) on August 11, 2010 - 23:27.
This man is a fool. How anyone can think this is a good idea is beyond comprehension

reply Even you teacher, Joe
Submitted by Anonymous
(not verified) on August 11, 2010 - 23:04.
Look at Mr. Teacher we de use chalk measure yam before don begin buy Planes.

Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by experience(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2010
Eziachi:

He clocked a few air miles and then bought himself 3 aircrafts.

Banned and unbanned super eagles within a week.

Got himself many facebook friends and spent most night talking to them.

Managed an audience with Turai Yar Adua for once.

Managed not to be undone by his Mrs on Zebrudaya spoken English competition.

Managed to keep zoning on the front burner through his ready made apostles without saying much himself.

Switched on the 50 years anniversary count down clock that will signal the 50 billion celebration bonaza naira sharing.

Got himself registered online as a PDP member before the party's technology phobia members gave the idea an elbow.

What else do you want from a president? That is a heck of an achievement if I may say so. Many more hundred days and that is cming from a non Nigerian!!!!
Sorry to intrude!

Maazi Eziachi, could you please send me a pm (can't seem to figure it out on here), I have some info you definitely would be interested in plus some questions. Dalu
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by wiseson1: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2010
It seems to many people are being dazzled by the fairy-tale rise of GEJ to power. It seems that so many people are mesmerised by his meteoric rise, and the pithy notes he drops on Facebook. For once if Nigerians care to read his actions, and not his lips it should be apparent that he is eminently unsuitable to be the President for Nigeria. Totally clueless as to how to move the nation forward, derivative, weak in conviction - a political animal to core. A leader not a politician, opportunistic rather than proactive - part of the same good old boy network that is an intrinsic part of the problem of this country.

This man has nothing to offer Nigeria. I am not against a south-south president, but surely there must be someone more able from that region.
Re: What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! by naso2(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2010
My problem with Gbawe is that in trying to advance his arguments he overlooks obvious positives of jonathan's tenure and chances in the next election and gets over reaactive whenever the president falters and accuse me of bias when i copy his style and state the positives of Gej's govt and understate the alleged negatives. The same Gbawe will be quick to state that no man is infallible when you measure his beloved candidates with the same standards.

My personal position is that GEJ got it wrong with the planes for the presidency . In a hyper-reactive society like ours, he should have shown better moderation. He may have been emotionally guided by the near miss in Uganda and the effect that incident had on the country's international image.

But Gbawe's laboured analysis leaves obvious holes that i struggle to ignore. He gets responses from people on just one of the many areas, the president can/should be rated on and is building his predictable case from that.

That the president had the political will to remove IWU, appointed a respected Nigerian as INEC head and is giving the body all the needed support to implement the long desired electoral reforms makes no meaning to Gbawe. That there are very promising strides with the power problem with measurable results makes no meaning to Gbawe. That the country's overall oil output is running at near maximum because of the president's encouraging implementation of the amnesty program , makes no meaning to Gbawe.

I listened to channels Tv saturday sunrise show where the presidents 100 days were put under scruntiny, and comments of most callers did not come anywhere close to the picture Gbawe tries to paint here.The general tone of the callers was that though , the president needed to do more , but that he has done well in this short time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account / Nigeria's History Timeline (with Pictures) - 800B.C - 1999 / Priceless Tibetan 'Buddha' Statue Looted By Nazis Was Carved From Meteorite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.