Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,209 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead (37142 Views)

Body of kidnapped Shani Louk Found, Confirmed Dead By Israel. / Twin Bomb Explosions Hit Kampala, Uganda In Suspected Terrorist Attack / Elizabeth Nyawira Kicked Out Of Kenyan Assembly Over "Indecent Dressing" (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by EmekaBlue(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
kenya terrorist aka somalians there too like city attacks like shoppinv mall and now hotel
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by RipMorosini: 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Judging by this, we must commend President Muhammadu Buhari for keeping Nigeria safe
blame your toothless media
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by sureheaven(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
Islam and terrorism are inseparable.

Islams in the world should be ashamed of themselves. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

How many died in Sokoto three days ago?

Nairobi is the capital of Kenya. Who gives a shiit about the north? When has something like this happened in Abuja apart from when Jonathan was president. They hit Abuja with sucide bomb on independents day.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by wink2015(m): 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
Gucciblog:
15 people were killed when Islamist terrorists launched an attack on a luxury hotel in Kenya yesterday.

The terrorists fired shots as they barged into DusitD2 hotel complex in Nairobi on the afternoon of Tuesday, January 15, 2019. They were armed with bombs and guns.

Trapped civilians were seen escaping through a window at the hotel. Those who couldn't escape sent messages out begging for medical help. At the scene, there was blood, shattered glass and bodies slumped over chairs.

The death toll is reported to be at 14. Eleven Kenyans, an American and a Briton were among the casualties, morgue staff said. Tje victims had not been identified.

It is feared that the death toll will rise once it is safe to go into the hotel.

Kenyan authorities said yesterday that the situation had been brought under control and the scene secured. But first responders say gunshots were still heard at 4am (GMT) today. Blasts and shots had punctuated the night, making it hard to rescue scores of people trapped inside.

Al-Shabab, the Somalia-based group that carried out the 2013 Westgate Mall attack in Nairobi that left 67 people dead, claimed responsibility for yesterday's bloodshed.

Police said:

The area around 14 Riverside Drive is a Crime Scene … under an active security operation.

CCTV footage captured the armed gunmen moving through the complex with military precision, looking for victims. They then went from office to office shooting randomly.

In panic, people took cover wherever they could — behind cars, in offices or inside bathrooms. Robert Murire said it was chaos.

He said.

When those guys came in, they just started shooting. They were not normal people. Just they were three people. They had green trousers, green tops, they had something here and bullets, black bullets.

Many of the victims had been dining in the Secret Garden restaurant and lay slumped at their tables.

Families who had gone to the Chiromo morgue seeking loved ones were told they could not view the bodies until a forensic investigation had been performed, provoking grief and anger.

One man who only gave his name as David said he had yet to hear from a relative in the hotel complex.

He told Reuters at the morgue:

I have been trying to reach him since yesterday when the incident happened … I spoke to him when the incident started around 3.30, when they started shooting … his phone went off around 4 pm.

The family of one 35-year-old man collapsed in the courtyard when they heard that a body had arrived with his identification papers.

The co-ordinated attack began with an explosion that targeted three vehicles outside a bank, and a suicide bombing in the hotel lobby that severely wounded a number of guests, said Kenya’s national police chief, Joseph Boinnet.

Survivors reported hearing a shattering blast and saw people mowed down by gunmen as they sat at a cafe. Victims were left lying on tables, bleeding.

Enoch Kibet, who works as a cleaner at the cafe and managed to crawl out a basement gate, said;

We were changing our shifts, and that is when I heard a loud blast and people were screaming.

I couldn’t believe I was alive. The blast was so loud and shook the whole complex.

Kenyan hospitals appealed for blood donations even as the number of wounded remained unclear.

https://zenithnaija.com/photos-from-the-scene-of-kenyan-hotel-terrorist-attack-many-confirmed-dead-2/

QUITE HORRIFYING!

Is this what prophet Mohammed instruct them to do in the Holy Koran.
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by PRINCEVICKEY: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
the way Muslim life dis days i dont just understand ..... even ordinary street dey will not give u peace .... making noise in the name of allah ....using public speakers both morning afternoon and night....dey r all terrorist .................thats y we need to send dia oga back to duara

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Earthquake1: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
Penisinpenisout:

Nairobi is the capital of Kenya. Who gives a shiit about the north? When has something like this happened in Abuja apart from when Jonathan was president. They hit Abuja with sucide bomb on independents day.

Does that live outside the capital, their lives are not important abi

U must be wrong in the head

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Earthquake1: 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
Is this not a Fulani man?

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thank God yoruba are cowards and prefer jaiye jaiye...just imagine what will happen to southwest if fanatics muslim like akintola decided to start throwing bombs

4 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

Does that live outside the capital, their lives are not important abi

U must be wrong in the head

The North is saturated with religious nutjobs, you can't ecpect it to be as peaceful as places like say, Enugu. Be reasonable please.

They hit Abuja with multiple sucide bombs on Independence day.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Earthquake1: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
Penisinpenisout:

The North is saturated with religious nutjobs, you can't ecpect it to be as peaceful as places like say, Enugu. Be reasonable please.

Is that why their lives are less important

The job of the president is to protect its citizens

Don't quote me if you don't have something reasonable to say

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Galaticos444: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Judging by this, we must commend President Muhammadu Buhari for keeping Nigeria safe
go to madiuguriu and see if d country is safe

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

Is that why their lives are less important

The job of the president is to protect its citizens

Don't quote me if you don't have something reasonable to say

I never said their lives are not important. The north has been unstable before Buhari was president. The volume of attack has decreased in the north compared to Jonathan period, emphasis on the word "decreased".

I remember when boko haram was always on CNN news, daily.

They established a fucking caliphate in Nigeria while Jonathan was president, but nobody said anything about how they were trying to islamize Nigeria back then. Now that Buhari is president you keep hearing about how he is trying to islamize Nigeria.

Aren't you guy such wonderful logical thinkers? Absolutely brilliant mind, I must say.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Earthquake1: 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
Penisinpenisout:

I never said their lives are not important. The north has been unstable before Buhari was president. The volume of attack has decreased in the north compared to Jonathan period, emphasis on the word "decreased".

I remember when boko haram was always on CNN news, daily.

They established a fucking caliphate in Nigeria while Jonathan was president, but nobody said anything about how they were trying to islamize Nigeria back then. Now that Buhari is president you keep hearing about how he is trying to islamize Nigeria.

Aren't you guy such wonderful logical thinkers? Absolutely brilliant mind, I must say.

Who do you want to report it, The media that has been gagged or Amnesty international that has been villianised by the government or the poor masses that has been forced into a code of silence

You are happy with the terrorists as long as they don't invade the capital

This is my last response to your twisted mind, bye.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by lanre316: 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
LockDown69:
quick question: what is al'shabab and what do they represent?

They follow the Quranic command of jihad to the letter

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Amina2019: 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
what was africa expecting when it refused to provide jobs, education and basic amenities for its future leaders but instead dwell on religious teaching. more is to come, this one that an american and Briton was killed, Kenya should expect another invasion from the west.

Gucciblog:
15 people were killed when Islamist terrorists launched an attack on a luxury hotel in Kenya yesterday.

The terrorists fired shots as they barged into DusitD2 hotel complex in Nairobi on the afternoon of Tuesday, January 15, 2019. They were armed with bombs and guns.

Trapped civilians were seen escaping through a window at the hotel. Those who couldn't escape sent messages out begging for medical help. At the scene, there was blood, shattered glass and bodies slumped over chairs.

The death toll is reported to be at 14. Eleven Kenyans, an American and a Briton were among the casualties, morgue staff said. Tje victims had not been identified.

It is feared that the death toll will rise once it is safe to go into the hotel.

Kenyan authorities said yesterday that the situation had been brought under control and the scene secured. But first responders say gunshots were still heard at 4am (GMT) today. Blasts and shots had punctuated the night, making it hard to rescue scores of people trapped inside.

Al-Shabab, the Somalia-based group that carried out the 2013 Westgate Mall attack in Nairobi that left 67 people dead, claimed responsibility for yesterday's bloodshed.

Police said:

The area around 14 Riverside Drive is a Crime Scene … under an active security operation.

CCTV footage captured the armed gunmen moving through the complex with military precision, looking for victims. They then went from office to office shooting randomly.

In panic, people took cover wherever they could — behind cars, in offices or inside bathrooms. Robert Murire said it was chaos.

He said.

When those guys came in, they just started shooting. They were not normal people. Just they were three people. They had green trousers, green tops, they had something here and bullets, black bullets.

Many of the victims had been dining in the Secret Garden restaurant and lay slumped at their tables.

Families who had gone to the Chiromo morgue seeking loved ones were told they could not view the bodies until a forensic investigation had been performed, provoking grief and anger.

One man who only gave his name as David said he had yet to hear from a relative in the hotel complex.

He told Reuters at the morgue:

I have been trying to reach him since yesterday when the incident happened … I spoke to him when the incident started around 3.30, when they started shooting … his phone went off around 4 pm.

The family of one 35-year-old man collapsed in the courtyard when they heard that a body had arrived with his identification papers.

The co-ordinated attack began with an explosion that targeted three vehicles outside a bank, and a suicide bombing in the hotel lobby that severely wounded a number of guests, said Kenya’s national police chief, Joseph Boinnet.

Survivors reported hearing a shattering blast and saw people mowed down by gunmen as they sat at a cafe. Victims were left lying on tables, bleeding.

Enoch Kibet, who works as a cleaner at the cafe and managed to crawl out a basement gate, said;

We were changing our shifts, and that is when I heard a loud blast and people were screaming.

I couldn’t believe I was alive. The blast was so loud and shook the whole complex.

Kenyan hospitals appealed for blood donations even as the number of wounded remained unclear.

https://zenithnaija.com/photos-from-the-scene-of-kenyan-hotel-terrorist-attack-many-confirmed-dead-2/

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by SalamRushdie: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
BruncleZuma:
sad sad sad sad

Our hearts and to everyone going through hell right now as a result of a group that'd rather the world burned than live in peace...now can we talk about the US Navy Seals who were aiding the Kenyans?

seals?
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Iyajison: 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
If Nigerian police see dis kind tin..... Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by BruncleZuma: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
SalamRushdie:

seals?
1st two pictures Seal Team 3

3rd British SAS

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
Earthquake1:

Who do you want to report it, The media that has been gagged or Amnesty international that has been villianised by the government or the poor masses that has been forced into a code of silence

You are happy with the terrorists as long as they don't invade the capital

This is my last response to your twisted mind, bye.

I may have a twisted mind, but I see the truth and I say it. I mean, what kind of sick twisted human being do you have to be to think comparing Sokoto to Nairobi is the same in terms of their structure and function. Fvck off.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by SalamRushdie: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
BruncleZuma:

1st two pictures Seal Team 3

3rd British SAS

interesting
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Jonraid(m): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
He has been killed!
Earthquake1:
Is this not a Fulani man?

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Jonraid(m): 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
The Reece Squad and the Special Forces did a great job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by AFONJACOW(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
Jubrin warn your boys .... religion of piss
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Superman30(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
Shibaraba:
All because of religion.

You kill people.

Can someone explain to this people that killing doesn't change anything. Words are more powerful.

Ask me to buy a book at gunpoint I will and probably throw it when I leave you
Convince me to buy and I'll go home to read it.
Issa common sense tins.
you are right my bros! Most times they don't really do all these for the sake of the faith.
They are most definitely disgruntled because of something worldly.
Islam has nothing to do with this

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Shuugar98(f): 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
anywhere Islam grow, peace disappear....
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by Blacklord0739(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
He is saying the truth,Nigeria police are very weak and wicked

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by klever18(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2019
the response by the kenyan police was tremendious.

people taking cover from the police was also something good.

the attack was as a result of the deployment of kenyan troops to Somalia to fight al shaabab militants which is also an islamic group
Re: Photos From The Scene Of Kenyan Hotel Terrorist Attack, Many Confirmed Dead by myk2mic: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
BruncleZuma:
sad sad sad sad

Our hearts and to everyone going through hell right now as a result of a group that'd rather the world burned than live in peace...now can we talk about the US Navy Seals who were aiding the Kenyans?

Highly doubt that is a seal team member,most likely a British sof member or regular soldier stationed in the country as the have a military training base in Kenya. Heard about the attack, put on his gear ND went to help. No sof unit was sent ,he just a lone ranger who wanted to help

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Richest World Leaders / U.S Soldier Arrested In Russia, Accused Of Stealing (Photo) / Moscow Has Forgiven $23billion Debts Owed By African Countries – Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.