Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Problem Of Blacklisted BVN - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Problem Of Blacklisted BVN (10146 Views)

Can BVN Number Be Used To Withdraw Money Or Access A Bank Account? / Scammers Call Bank Customer, Reveal His BVN & Then Ask For More Details / Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by buchiz11: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2019
please anybody with a solution to this my problem should help. my BVN was blacklisted,when I made enquiry of the cause, I was told that my account was used for fraud and 150k was transferred and withdrawn through my account, but I was not aware of this because it happened when my phone and wallet was stollen. the phone that was stollen is the one I used to receive alert and it still contains my banking details, also my ATM card was inside the the wallet too. I have explained to the manager of where I opened the account but he is insisting that I know what happened. please I don't know how to go about this cause all my accounts are frozen even my NYSC account, and the manager is saying that it will last for 20 years. please I need your help because am dying slowly.
Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2019
buchiz11:
please anybody with a solution to this my problem should help. my BVN was blacklisted,when I made enquiry of the cause, I was told that my account was used for fraud and 150k was transferred and withdrawn through my account, but I was not aware of this because it happened when my phone and wallet was stollen. the phone that was stollen is the one I used to receive alert and it still contains my banking details, also my ATM card was inside the the wallet too. I have explained to the manager of where I opened the account but he is insisting that I know what happened. please I don't know how to go about this cause all my accounts are frozen even my NYSC account, and the manager is saying that it will last for 20 years. please I need your help because am dying slowly.

How did the person get your account number at first?

This your story isn't adding up.

2 Likes

Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2019
Go and petition them to CBN.
Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2019
Haven't you seen that sticker on the cars of some attorneys?

Don't just get mad, get a lawyer!
Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by fykes(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2019
Oga... There's no lawyer or case to build in this regard.
1st, u didn't report ur phone or wallet stolen to any police... U didn't report to ur bank that ur ATM was stolen or try to deactivate ur acct.
The only reason u are still walking free is bcoz the sum is below the 250k threshold for prosecution.

Now to ur story, ur ATM or Mobile App can't be used without ur pin. Who else has ur pin but you. U forget that ATM machines have an inbuilt security camera which the bank must have viewd. Even if someone steals ur phone and wallet, he still needs ur pin to make withdrawals.

Chances are u received stolen funds from someone u obviously know. Chances are u were in on it but u had ur own share and u can't go after him/her or their numbers isn't going anymore.
U don't know how many girls fall prey to this daily. But the common theme in it all is greed and fast money.

FYI: DONT RECEIVE MONEY FOR ANYONE U CANT VOUCH FOR!
bros, lawyer or not, u can't operate an account in Naija for so long.
That's if it ever gets lifted.

1 Like

Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by Kuman2: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
fykes:
Oga... There's no lawyer or case to build in this regard.
1st, u didn't report ur phone or wallet stolen to any police... U didn't report to ur bank that ur ATM was stolen or try to deactivate ur acct.
The only reason u are still walking free is bcoz the sum is below the 250k threshold for prosecution.

Now to ur story, ur ATM or Mobile App can't be used without ur pin. Who else has ur pin but you. U forget that ATM machines have an inbuilt security camera which the bank must have viewd. Even if someone steals ur phone and wallet, he still needs ur pin to make withdrawals.

Chances are u received stolen funds from someone u obviously know. Chances are u were in on it but u had ur own share and u can't go after him/her or their numbers isn't going anymore.
U don't know how many girls fall prey to this daily. But the common theme in it all is greed and fast money.

FYI: DONT RECEIVE MONEY FOR ANYONE U CANT VOUCH FOR!
bros, lawyer or not, u can't operate an account in Naija for so long.
That's if it ever gets lifted.

How do you know he won't be arrested if its below 250k
Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by Jorrix: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Pls I need help as my BVN is blacklisted over a year now by my bank. Last year got alert of 500k from a friend n withdraw 140k from d money only for my bank to call me that it was a mistake, that my friend sent only 5K n their system mistakenly credit me 500k I said ok but have already used d money to buy goods as am selling I will be paying back which I did..but before I could finish d payment they already blacked my BVN. Pls I need help on what to do as its affecting me.
Re: Problem Of Blacklisted BVN by FlyHeight: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
Jorrix:
Pls I need help as my BVN is blacklisted over a year now by my bank. Last year got alert of 500k from a friend n withdraw 140k from d money only for my bank to call me that it was a mistake, that my friend sent only 5K n their system mistakenly credit me 500k I said ok but have already used d money to buy goods as am selling I will be paying back which I did..but before I could finish d payment they already blacked my BVN. Pls I need help on what to do as its affecting me.

Are you the OP?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Taxi Driver, Others Arrested For Robbing Passengers In Abeokuta / See How Bank ATM Fraudsters Can Steal Your Money Without Your Card Or PIN / EFCC Nabs 28 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.