Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Most Silly Police Responses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Silly Police Responses (536 Views)

#operationcontactyoursenators See Responses Of Some Senators/Citizens (photos ) / Buhari's Performance At Amanpour's Interview. Great Responses By Buhari / In Pictures: Obasanjo Unveils ‘my Watch’, Awaits Public Responses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Silly Police Responses by dubainaija: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2010
The Nigeria Police Force has often come under attack by Nigerians for a variety of reasons, ranging from their arrival at crime scenes hours after the criminals have fled the scene, to outright responses of non-availability of vehicles to go to crime scenes.

But reading a particular article today here: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008093134868

has really set me thinking. In this article, I read what I believe to be the most creatively silly response I have ever heard from the Nigerian Police force to date - and that is stating a lot.

Background: A banker was allegedly accosted by a group of men who, according to the story, had been tracking him for a while. The men shot the banker dead, after he refused to get in their car. There are suspicions, according to the story, that the men were hired assassins, especially seeing as they had allegedly searched for this man for a while.

However, here is the part of the story that really stands out for me (sadly, assassinations and robberies are more or less common-place in Nigeria today).

The police spokesman for the state believes firmly even at the preliminary stages of the 'investigation', that this is a case of armed robbery. Fair enough. But what is the reason for the police coming to this conclusion? This is the cherry on top of the proverbial cake - below is an excerpt from that story:

However, the Ogun State Police Command spokesman, Mr. Ademuyiwa Adejobi, said, "It is not likely to be a case of assassination because he did not die immediately. He was alive when the vehicle was being taken away. He struggled with the bandits when he was shot.

"The command wishes to appeal to members of the public that when such things happen, they should not struggle with the bandits. The command is investigating a case of armed robbery and not assassination."

To summarise, the police determined it is a case of armed robbery and not assassination because:

1. The banker did not die immediately
2. He was alive when the vehicle was being taken away
3. He struggled with the bandits when he was shot

Nice. This certainly tops my list of absolutely uneducated responses from our police force.

If you know of any police comment more silly than the above, or even remotely similar its magnitude of ignorance, kindly post it here.
Re: Most Silly Police Responses by smoothine: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2010
the stupid question they ask is even appalling.you can imagine police man asking you "where are you coming from" .ok maybe i should tell him that i am coming from somewhere i just commited a crime.idiot.

(1) (Reply)

‘Probe Threat On Fayose’s Life’ ! / Facebook: President Jonathan Versus IBB, An Electoral Result Sheet? / 2011 Presidential Debate: Atiku, Shekarau, Jonathan Goodluck, Ribadu, Buhari,etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.