Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo (22861 Views)

Confusion Over CJN’s ‘resignation’ - The Nation / Ben Bruce Attacks Oby Ezekwesili Over CJN Suspension / BREAKING: PDP Suspends 2019 Presidential Campaign Over CJN Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by tiredoflife(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
How can he be aware
Akpabio
Amechi
Osho baba the institutions are deaf dumb and blind to them
But CJN the institutions are suddenly alive
When these fools are done fooling their afonja and other zombies
We would know angry
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sad??!
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Nitah1: 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Anything other than cow baba wont know. Or what do u expect from an old fulani cattle rearer?
If u doubt me, ask Amaechi
But the man admit to the crime na.
He said he forgot.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Cantonese: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2019
nwakibie3:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says he is feeling sad over the trial of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Walter Onnoghen, on allegations of false and non-asset declarations.

The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) had scheduled Jan. 14 for the arraignment of the CJN.

However, the process was stalled as the CJN failed to appear before the CCT; and a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja also ordered the CCT to halt proceedings.

Osinbajo, who spoke at the 2019 Online Publishers Association of Nigeria (OPAN) conference on Wednesday in Abuja, said that President Muhammadu Buhari had no prior knowledge of the arraignment.

The theme of the conference is “Free Press and Objective Reporting in the 2019 Election Year.’’

According to Osinbajo, Buhari’s approach is that institutions should do their work.

“ I can tell you for a fact that he did not even know about this until Saturday evening. He did not even know that there will be any kind of arraignment until Saturday evening.

“He has said categorically, do not interfere with whatever institutions are doing; sometimes, it has consequences such as we have today; such that people say how can such an important person be subjected to a trial without the Federal Government?

“But I can tell you without any equivocation whatsoever that he was not even in the know because it is a specific instruction that he gave.

“So , even where somebody else calls a public officer such as Ibrahim Magu of EFCC and says something or the other, he will say `no, no, no, Mr president has said I can do my work.

“My take is that I would rather not have a situation where senior members of my profession are being tried for an offence; certainly, I will rather not have that kind of situation.

“ So, I do not feel particularly good about it; as a matter of fact, I feel very sad; that it is going on at all, that is my position.’’’

Osinbajo tasked online publishers to go after details and check the facts before publishing; warning that online news was losing credibility.

The vice president said that elections had heightened ethnic and religious tensions and tended to threaten and challenge Nigeria’s unity and security.

“So, it is even more so, the case today that we just must be more responsive because anybody on their beds can launch a website, post images from anywhere in the world and tell whatever story he wishes.

“So, the online publisher is essentially in a poorly regulated space and can publish practically anything, even outright falsehoods.

“Perhaps because the worst that can happen is a libel action if your publication tarnishes a person’s reputation.

“The problem with the current situation is that online news may lose credibility; and that is a very bad situation because the loss of credibility is bad for everybody, bad for business and weakens an important social tool of public communication.’’

He suggested the encouragement and promotion of forums for online practitioners to engage and develop by interaction with others.

“As for elections, I think it affords an opportunity for an online publication to become well established as a credible and speedy source of news and information.

“News on election results will be so sought after that anyone who can provide them accurately and in a timely fashion will be the go-to-site, even in the future.

“The point to bear in mind is that integrity pays. Being the first to break the news, especially when it is unverified, might bring in some traffic initially, but it does not take that long to lose reputation.

“And once the credibility of the publication is damaged, people will not take the news seriously,’’ he said.

Earlier in a remark, OPAN President, Mr Austin Ogannah, said that the association as founded in 2011.

According to him, the idea is to have an association that self regulates practitioners in the online news media; so that members can hold one another accountable.

Ogannah said that the essence of the conference was to understand objective reporting in an election as captured in the theme.

http://thenationonlineng.net/feel-sad-cjns-trial-osinbajo-2/

Surely this so called Pastor is a liar. Remember when Daura was removed. Same president did not know but Daura was dealt with speedily by the same VP in his then acting capacity and with instruction from "above".
How would the head of the third arm of government be charged without clearance from the president. This VP surely and truly tells lies.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by InvertedHammer: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2019
/
In Nigeria, there is the middle class who feel pompous and arrogant to go and vote. They cannot sacrifice their comfort for one day in four years to stand and be counted. The almajiris will line up and vote in a mediocre.
At the end, both the middle class and the almajiris are equally yoked. The middle class get affected negatively the most because for the almajiris, someone on the ground fears no fall. Now that's what the scientists call limiting reactants.

grin grin grin

/

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by namio10: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
only restructuring can save this country
The current system only favours the politicians to the detriment of the masses
Atiku means restructuring... It's a start
We can't continue like this
Buhari cannot do anything... The foundation is faulty

President Buhari and VP Osinbajo reject political restructuring of Nigeria.

They don't wish Nigeria well.

If the country is restructured politically, bad leaders shall no more emerge, Boko Haram and Herdsmen violence shall stop.

Political instability like secessionists shall stop.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by TooMuchStuff: 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
You feel sad? So what now?
Keep fooling yourself thinking we don't know what is gonna be.

For once stand up to Hitler buhari and fight him to a stand down on CJN matter
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
only restructuring can save this country
The current system only favours the politicians to the detriment of the masses
Atiku means restructuring... It's a start
We can't continue like this
Buhari cannot do anything... The foundation is faulty

You are gullible!

How do you know that Atiku means everything he's been promising, have you forgotten that Atiku is also a politician?

Politicians are blatant liars!
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by princetom1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
sureheaven:
This is what happens in sane countries, every institution is allowed to carry their duty without interference from anyhwere or anybody . shocked

CJN should defend himself and allow the law take it's course.
Nobody is above the law. shocked

Well, they wount tell u the truth... Lemme now tell u facts

This allegations had always been there, it was known before he was confirmed as cjn but because they have a hidden plan, they confirmed him... Now that election is here and he will be the one to constitute election panels to treat cases arising from the election, the presidency, now wants him to do their bidding, knowing fully well that on a normal day, he wount support the presidency... The aim now is to remove him or ruffle him up to make a deal... Both camp is 100% guilty

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
omooba969:

You are gullible!

How do you know that Atiku means everything he's been promising, have you forgotten that Atiku is also a politician?

Politicians are blatant liars!
Atikulation is a must for all genuine patriots and lovers of Nigeria.
ATIKU ABUBAKAR IS SUCCESSFUL in these areas;

1.Business
2. Education
3. Security
4. Jobs/Employment
5. Electricity
and many more.
BREAKING NEWS-
Top 10 Fastest Growing Economies in Africa in 2018 (World Bank, IMF....)
[1] Ghana >>>>>>>8.3%
[2] Ethiopia >>>>>>8.2%
[3] Cote d'Ivoire>>>7.2%
[4] Djibouti >>>>>> 7.0%
[5] Senegal >>>>>>6.9%
[6] Tanzania >>>>> 6.8%
[7] Sierra Leone>>>6.3%
[8] Burkina Faso>>>6.0%
[8] Benin Rep>>>>>6.0%
[9] Rwanda>>>>>>>5.9%
[10] Niger Rep>>>>>5.2%
------------------
[41] NIGERIA>>>>>>1.9%,
Note: Nigeria was Number [1] in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Also, Nigeria was the 3rd Fastest growing Economy in the World in 2014 now, the 88th.
SOURCES| World Bank, Brookings Institution, IMF.
From now onwards lets face facts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
namio10:

If the country is restructured politically, bad leaders shall no more emerge, Boko Haram and Herdsmen violence shall stop.

Gibberish. cool
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by hidee20(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
helinues:
I smell lies.

The motives behind his removal at the moment is all because of possible outcomes of all the elections in 2019. Apc are suspecting him to be a Pdp loyalist.

The allegations against him are genuine but the timing is wrong

So how do you trust a person with questionable or dubious character to be impartial?.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2019
namio10:

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Glink2018(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2019
Mayangel:
But Osinbajo were you aware?
Liar

Ipob pig can't be satisfy about anything....
The presidency said he's not aware about the onnaghen's trial....
What else do you want to here...if you not satisfy his vp comments then drink snipper.... pervert generation.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Damoche10: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
sureheaven:
This is what happens in sane countries, every institution is allowed to carry their duty without interference from anyhwere or anybody . shocked

I wonder how people reason. An offender is found questionable and the people are using all forms of attack to point at the presidency. Why do you have the institutions in the first place? If he was a poor man, he would have been rehung again after death for non declaration. Let the rule of law take its course. Nigerians and sentimental shit!
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by ogene007: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
resty4:
Osinbajo statement gives credence that buhari is not in control of his govt,
but some faceless cabal.
You are not in control and you want to come back? Something must be wrong with he and his supporters then.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Phoenix999: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
sureheaven:

Otondo!! See this Illiterate Zombie... What does the law says??

When u have no idea about something, you won't shut ur gutter of a mouth, u still want to flaunt your epic ignorance in public space because of #15 monthly pay.

Jerk!!
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by adelaja70(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
Omeokachie:
Why does the pastor lie so much these days?

They bit more than they could chew this time around, and it is chocking them to death.

Now they are running from pillar to post using the now overused refrain of "I didn't know..."

If you didn't know, then Nigeria deserve a president who will be in the know, and have not outsourced governance to a cabal.

BUT THE CJ DON CONFESS NOW... USE YOUR BRAIN ABEG OR TELL YOUR BARBER TO STOP BARBING YOUR BRAIN.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by boxypane(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
In plain terms, the CJN broke the rules!!!
For what reason(s) did he hide those assets?
There is no ignorance in law.
He should face the music.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Vickthore: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
In Nigeria, there is the middle class who feel pompous and arrogant to go and vote. They cannot sacrifice their comfort for one day in four years to stand and be counted. The almajiris will line up and vote in a mediocre.
At the end, both the middle class and the almajiris are equally yoked. The middle class get affected negatively the most because for the almajiris, someone on the ground fears no fall. Now that's what the scientists call limiting reactants.
The votes don't count, anyway

grin grin grin

/
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Vickthore: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
Pmb Must be Shown the way out of ASOROCK..
This is not about Sentiments, Religion, Ethnicity or Age. It is about Nigeria and How Nigeria must Work.Come after diz election.
No more poverty
No more herdsman
No more Religion crisis
No more jobless of d masses
No more sided tackling of corruption
With GOD and PDP...Nigerians will smile again.
I agree with all but PDP
Those guys were there for 16yrs, Nigerians were brutally raped
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Wilstino: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2019
Where are those who supported and justified the way and manner the CJN was arraigned?? Even the VP has condemned it..... But my fellow countrymen's judgment is warped by their obvious dislike of the oposition..
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Vickthore:

I agree with all but PDP
Those guys were there for 16yrs, Nigerians were brutally raped
Only those who are not afraid of EFCC are in PDP.
All Political Criminals are now in APC.
ATIKUOBI is gold,AITIKUOBI is money,and finally ATIKUOBI isa gooooaaaaaaaal you can bet on that.
I wish ATIKUOBI is NIGERIA'S president already.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by deomelo: 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
Phoenix999:

Otondo!! See this Illiterate Zombie... What does the law says??

When u have no idea about something, you won't shut ur gutter of a mouth, u still want to flaunt your epic ignorance in public space because of #15 monthly pay.

Jerk!!

Institutions are designed to function independently without interference so what's illiterate about stating the obvious? Or you Igbos just think our law enforcement agencies should move their offices to aso rock under the president's bed for instructions per who to arrest, prosecute and when?

Must they know to start with?

Obviously, you sound like the illiterate zombie.

One day, one day, you people will get your kangaroo biafra village..

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by dokunbam(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
resty4:
Osinbajo statement gives credence that buhari is not in control of his govt,
but some faceless cabal.

Not interfering with institutions work doesn't he he has no control

You guy have been saying he is the one giving instructions.

Wailers will not change

He is not interfering wahala
Interfering is also wahala for you guys
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by ozaovehe(m): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
princetom1:

Well, they wount tell u the truth... Lemme now tell u facts

This allegations had always been there, it was known before he was confirmed as cjn but because they have a hidden plan, they confirmed him... Now that election is here and he will be the one to constitute election panels to treat cases arising from the election, the presidency, now wants him to do their bidding, knowing fully well that on a normal day, he wount suppoprt the presidency... The aim now is to remove him or ruffle him up to make a deal... Both camp is 100% guilty
Are u there with them or u are just in ur bedroom telling us u have the facts?
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by dokunbam(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
deomelo:

Institutions are designed to function independently without interference so what's illiterate about stating the obvious? Or you Igbos just think our law enforcement agencies should move their offices to aso rock under the president's bed for instructions per who to arrest, prosecute and when?

Must they know to start with?

Obviously, you sound like the illiterate zombie.

One day, one day, you people will get your kangaroo biafra village..

You said it all bro

Its just pure hatred for PMB and his administration.

Well you can satisfy human beings

Baba should just try his best and leave the rest
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by princetom1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
ozaovehe:

Are u there with them or u are just in ur bedroom telling us u have the facts?

That's the fact, do ur research, saharareporter.com covered the news... Police even come to make a press statement that nothing of such is happening, only for the truth to come out now
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by namio10: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
omooba969:

Gibberish. cool

You don't understand that Boko Haram and herdsmen are gunning to take over total control of Nigeria.

And that if power is decentralized to states or regions, there shall be no more motivation and justification for Boko Haram and herdsmen to operate?

Boko Haram fights for the same objective with northern Sharia States for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia Criminal laws.
Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by Chukazu: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
I believe you Osibanjo... Buhari is never aware of anything angry

1 Like

Re: I Feel Sad Over Cjn’s Trial – Osinbajo by TheStarsAlign: 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
Tongue in cheek

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo APC: Setback As Court Stops Two Candidates from tomorrow's elections / Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back / Peter Obi: Labour Party Now Mass Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.