Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics (343 Views)

Yul Edochie Replies Critics On 2nd Wife, Says 'Real Men Own Up' / I'm Used To Being Underrated - BBNaija Winner, Efe Replies Critics / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics by Trendme: 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
Femi Kuti has once again replied to critics who continue to compare him to his late father and pioneer of the Afrobeat genre, Fela Anikulakpo – Kuti.

Following the release of Falz’s ‘Moral Instruction‘, a socio-political album which drew samples from three Fela songs, some fans took to twitter questioning why Femi’s songs are not as critical as his father’s.

But Femi responded by saying he does not want to be his father and that he has nothing to prove after putting out 10 albums.

“I’ve said it several times, I probably will have to repeat till I die, I don’t want to be my father,”

Femi tweeted in response while also saying he didn’t inherit the Afrobeat genre but it’s the style of music he grew up with.

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/im-not-fela-and-i-dont-want-to-be-him-femi-kuti-replies-critics/

Cc;lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, fynestboi

Re: ‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics by Oweku: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
But you you are his son...Abamieda..NO 1 CAN SPEAK THE TRUTH BETTER THAN BABA 70.
Re: ‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics by Bigmugu: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
grin grin and you are indirectly calling yourself a lier too

shocked
Oweku:
But you you are his son...Abamieda..NO 1 CAN SPEAK THE TRUTH BETTER THAN BABA 70.
Re: ‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics by Trendme: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
grin savagery at its peek cool
Bigmugu:
grin grin and you are indirectly calling yourself a lier too

shocked
Re: ‘i’m Not Fela And I Don’t Want To Be Him’ – Femi Kuti Replies Critics by Bigmugu: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2019

(1) (Reply)

The Incredible Buhari Makes 30 New Appointments For RMAFC (full List) / Annie To Tuface: Since They Born Me I Never Love Person The Way I Love You / Demmie Vee Prostrates As He Reunites With Kizz Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.