Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal (19503 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Limitednow: 10:15am On Jan 17, 2019
Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s President, has stated why he relieved Babachir Lawal, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, of his duty.

Mr Lawal was sacked in 2017 following the recommendation of a three-man panel headed by Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President, which investigated the allegation against the former official.

He was alleged to have awarded contracts worth N500 million through the Presidential Initiative on North-East, a rehabilitation programme under his office, to a company in which he had interests.

Speaking on Wednesday at a town hall meeting, tagged: “The Candidates,” organised by the MacArthur Foundation in collaboration with NTA and DARIA Media in Abuja, Mr Buhari said he terminated the appointment of Lawal because the allegation against him was a strong one.

The president stated this while responding to questions on why the oust SGF was seen campaigning for his re-election instead of being behind bars for the crime he allegedly committed.

Buhari said unlike during the military regime, he has to be careful not to arraign those accused without evidences.

“That is not fair criticism of the government. I do not think there is anybody that is being pointed out as corrupt in this dispensation which we looked the other direction,” he said.

“I told you why I have to be careful.

“The public should help us.

“If there are strong allegations that are backed up with evidences, bank accounts, names of companies floated and contracts awarded, then we will take them before the courts through the EFCC and ICPC and we have to trust the system and allow them to complete investigation.

“If we just take people, in as we did during the military, and lock them up, the present democracy, a multi-party democracy, does not approve of that.

“If you accuse any person, you have to provide evidence in court for him to be prosecuted.

“So, if there is strong allegation, the government may decide to ask people to go, like in the case of the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, we asked him to go.

“The matter is already before the EFCC and I believe that a directive has been issued to charge him and all persons who have cases before the EFCC,” the president said.

Buhari who said his administration would not tolerate any form of corrupt practices from any quarters, advised those making allegations to be able to provide evidence why those they are accusing should be prosecuted.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/buhari-why-sacked-babachir-lawal/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:16am On Jan 17, 2019
For more jokes send Buhari to 64494

The last 24hrs ha been really entertaining..

We need more of this programme to expose buhari cluelessness till his hand over date to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , on May 29th .

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by crownwealth: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2019
Buhari is a disaster, a disgrace to humanity.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by fk001(m): 10:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Buhari said "unlike during the military regime, he has to be careful not to arraign those accused without evidences.

“That is not fair criticism of the government. I do not think there is anybody that is being pointed out as corrupt in this dispensation which we looked the other direction,” he said.

“If there are strong allegations that are backed up with evidences, bank accounts, names of companies floated and contracts awarded, then we will take them before the courts through the EFCC and ICPC and we have to trust the system and allow them to complete investigation.

“If we just take people, in as we did during the military, and lock them up, the present democracy, a multi-party democracy, does not approve of that.

“If you accuse any person, you have to provide evidence in court for him to be prosecuted.

Buhari the man of integrity

God bless you sir.

No need to argue with IPOB pigs, their opinion is irrelevant in Nigeria politics.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by helinues: 10:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Any prosecussion after the sacking?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by sammy99(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2019
jst watch as some zombies will come and support der lifeless dullard on this. Jst like d one above me

#zombified brain.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Sholaco: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2019
My president

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Gten(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
At this point I must commend those saddled with the responsibility of cleaning up after this knuckle head. It must be really challenging!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Milllz: 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Defending this man is just a mission impossible. Just one interview with his sidekick and we’re having all these revelations. This man should be interviewed alone so we know the true state of things. As someone said “he was debating himself and still lost”

ATIKU/OBI is the only option. If they get it wrong, we’ll vote them out again.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by bestman09(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
U
Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by jabberjawz: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Oga, no need to explain..........we are fed up with thy arrzse......back to Daura is a project that we must defend the thesis & finalize the project..... angry

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by slawomir: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
isoright
Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Phoenix999: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
APC... Yeye dey smell

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by arewaboy01(m): 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
God bless you my president...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by StOla: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
The allegation was strong enough for you to sack him after many months, but not enough to prosecute him?

At least, you did not gift him a senatorial ticket of APC like Jonathan did in PDP with Stella Oduah and the convicted DSP Alamieyeseigha.

One day, we would have true men of integrity who would be ruthless with corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Bruno531(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
This man called Buhari should go home and rest Abeg.
I know BMC will believe his lie wink smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Cholls(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
my brother forget university degree is just a worthless piece of paper that oozes of entitlement and false hopes.
Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by BraniacX(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
How did we end up with this low IQ bovine as presidiot? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by ignant: 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
Osibanjo was chairman of the panel set up to probe Babachir and also the Ikoyi billions (this was already an aberration as this role is provided by law to be handled by investigative authorities).

Nineteen months after, Osibanjo is yet to release to the public the report that made Babachir's sack mandatory, neither does the public knows who owns.the Ikoyi billions.

The obvious questions are:
1. Why has Osibanjo not released the report he promised to release when completed?
2. Why was Babachir sacked?
3. If Babachir was sacked because he was found guilty of criminality, why has he not been prosecuted?
4. Who owns the Ikoyi billions?
5. If the Ikoyi billions were owned by someone in the opposition parties, would the owner have been typically revealed?

Do not be fooled. They are all willing participants in these criminal enterprises.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by fintol: 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
fk001:

Buhari said "unlike during the military regime, he has to be careful not to arraign those accused without evidences.

God bless you sir.

No need to argue with IPOB pigs, their opinion is irrelevant in Nigeria politics.
I thought you were making sense until you start being tribalistic with your last sentence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Chike4president: 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
Say NO to corruption

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Seetto: 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
This man is too democratic......in Nigeria democratically elected government, fighting corruption is like chasing a shadow... May be military head of state will be better.
Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Afonja007: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
fk001:

God bless you sir.

but dasuki still dey prison i laugh in Cambodia buhari can never change his an Islamist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by pawesome(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
Am tired

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Omeokachie: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
Na on top dis rubbish performance na im he dey drink water? cheesy

Even me wey dey watch de thing, shame catch me on his behalf.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by IYANGBALI: 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
Rubbish

You don't realize you need new underwear until you're in a new relationship.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Billionaire09: 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2019
You all see the reason to boycott every Nigeria elections in Biafraland?

February 16th is a Sit-At-Home.

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by Anseth(m): 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2019
Within Buhari’s 3-4 years. -

*Petition against ALPHA BETA (DEAD)
*Petition against Fayemi (DEAD)
*Petition against Amaechi (DEAD)
*Petition against Oshiomhole (DEAD)
*Petition against Akpabio, (DEAD)
*Petition against Orji Kalu (Dead)
*Petition against Fashola (Dead)
*Report on Babachir Lawal (DEAD)
*Report on Abdulrasheed Maina (DEAD)
*Report on NEMA (DEAD)
*Report on NNPC missing funds (DEAD)
*Report on IGP fraud (DEAD)
*Report on Magu (DEAD)
*Video report on Ganduje (Dead)

Do You Remember Any One? Meanwhile, in less than a week, petition against CJN is already consuming him.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by blaise26abj(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
That is a shallow response. You had a committee headed by the vice president indict babachir and yet he is roaming free a, not investigated by efcc or icpc. Asking Nigerians to provide proof is an indictment on all our intelligence and investigative outfits.

And he isnt even trying to distance himself from the guy who is campaigning for him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal by BobJames1(f): 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sai baba Buhari

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Produces Fugitive Maina In Court / Apapa Gridlock: Lagos To Takeover Presidential Taskforce's Operation / 2023: North Won’t Repeat Mistake Of Voting Along Ethnic, Religious Lines - CNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.