Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (52299 Views)

Ganduje: Why Governors Are Afraid Of Signing Death Warrants / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by SamuelOamen: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2020
Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje on Tuesday gave reasons why he dethroned Alhaji Muhammadu Lamido Sanusi as the Emir of Kano.

The governor said he took the decision to save the system and the traditional institution from abuse.

Governor Ganduje spoke at the presentation of a book on former President Goodluck Johnathan, authored by a journalist, Bonaventure Philips Melah.

According to him, Sanusi was not the best man for the throne at the time he was appointed in June 2014, saying that the deposed Emir was appointed to spite former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Jonathan had in April 2014, sacked Sanusi as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) over claims by the ex CBN Governor that $49 billion was stolen by some persons under the Jonathan administration.

Faulting Sanusi's public outburst over the alleged fraud, Ganduje said the ex CBN Governor ought to have discussed the matter privately with the former President, who in turn could have ordered investigation into the allegation.

Ganduje said Jonathan took a bold step by sacking Sanusi as CBN Governor, even though the action created bad blood in certain circles.

The Kano Governor said: "Jonathan took a bold step in sacking Sanusi as CBN Governor, which created bad blood in certain circles.

"When Sanusi said $49 billion was lost in Jonathan's government, I said in my mind that No, you could have discussed with him (Jonathan) privately.

"You could have given him this clue and then he would know how to investigate even before those who had stolen the money would find a way of hiding the money.

"That statement, I said in my mind was not honourable. That statement created bad blood".

In June 2014, barely two months after he was sacked as CBN Governor, Sanusi got appointed as the Emir of Kano, a position that Ganduje said he did not deserve in the first place.

Governor Ganduje however sacked Sanusi as Emir of Kano on March 9, 2020, a decision the Governor said he took to "save the system and to save the institution".

Sanusi was appointed during the administration of Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, in which Ganduje was deputy governor. He succeeded Kwankwaso in 2015.

Sounding derisively jocular, Ganduje said: "Sanusi was appointed Emir of Kano not because he was the best man for the throne but to retaliate what Jonathan did to him.

"That was in order to prove that what Jonathan did to him was wrong and that the people of Kano wanted their son as Emir and therefore they decided to appoint him as Emir.

"But when he was appointed, there were a lot of demonstration with people burning tyres here and there. But because of government backing, he was sustained on the stool.

"When I became governor, (that's why you will laugh), I said yes, the Jonathan medicine is an important medicine.

"That medicine, even though I am not a medical doctor, but that medicine would serve the same purpose, for the same disease and for the same patient.

"So I took my Jonathan medicine and decided to save the system, to save the institution and I applied it effectively. So Jonathan and I are on the same page. Actually, I have no regrets."
https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-sacked-sanusi-as-emir-of-kano-ganduje/amp/

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by edo3(m): 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
So I made FTC,, wow!!! This xmas is gonna be bomb.. Meanwhile back to the matter,, sanusi will one day serve u a hot dose too as e dey hot..

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by freeborn02: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
In conclusion, Ganduje sacked Sanusi for personal reasons.

Dear Mr okoroawusa, in case no one had ever told you, let me bring you up to speed.

Your desitny is not bright enough to qualify for a travel to Dubai.

Your destiny is to be a pay per post agent and this is what you will do all the days of your life till you die.

You and your entire family will continue living in fear of terrorists, bandits and boko haram attacks, while those you waste your destiny to defend will run away to Dubai, leaving you and your family to suffer alone.

The Oracle has spoken. Nothing can reverse it!

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Yankee101: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
Good one

Even though I no send both of em

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by dawnomike(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
Trashy talk from a Governor... He was deputy governor to kwankwaso who made Sanusi the Emir and was very okay with Sanusi till their relationship went sour during his first tenure as governor. Now he is here spitting out rubbish.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by donbachi(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
Him wan leave office..fear don dey catch am.we no need ur explanations.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Prinnce1: 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
To be a politician you have to learn how play dirty ie muddy play.

9 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by illicit(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
Una father....

Who cares

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Racoon(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Confession time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
This matter done die already. Why is the Governor bringing it up again. We should be talking about something else and not this joor!

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Johnbosco77(m): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
The gandollar professor

4 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by olaric(m): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
Good, but who will rescue Kano State from your babariga?

24 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by incogni2o: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
You too go soon comot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by mar1juana: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gandola is at it again

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by hisexcellency34: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
You haven't told us the reason why you stuffed dollars inside your babanriga

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by IMASTEX: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
"But when he was appointed, there were a lot of demonstration with people burning tyres here and there. But because of government backing, he was sustained on the stool."

The above is why Nigeria can never get better. He was part of a system that forced the said Sanusi on the people against their will, now because the man obviously started singing his name as the dollar man. He now remembered, that it was a wrong choice.

19 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by BafanaBafana: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
Na lie. .
First of all, Sanusi was the best person for the position.
You sacked him because he is a kwankwaso man and he is against your government and you wanted to show him that you you were the boss. SLS can never support someone who was publicly seen stealing
You also painted him as anti Islam in the eyes of kanawas and they believed you, that was why nobody protested his removal.
Jonathan medicine my foot.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by sewaqueen: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hmmmm...Na so!

Anyway, no dull am I have pen!s enlargement gel for the men wey sabi,
Go from 1min to 30mins no stop with harder and bigger 'gbola'...
Not too expensive, its just 5k only.

Lagos clients only pls, my WhatsApp number is in my signature/bio/profile for a chat on how to place order kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Patrioticman007(m): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
What a fact """"""""When I became governor, (that's why you will laugh), I said yes, the Jonathan medicine is an important medicine"""""".

The new medicine in Nigeria is called " Mr clueless vaccine " .
Its effective in numbing & stopping brain critical thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by victons(m): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
Jonathan is PDP, Gandollar is APC...But both shared same enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by tygar(m): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
Even though I don't agree with what Sanusi did during Jonathan's era, that is still not enough reason to remove him from his position as the emir. From the statement above, it wasn't like Sanusi misused his position.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by thundafire: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
GEJ everyone is acknowledging him but that deadmeat will still cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Iegendhero: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is a rubbish talk from Ganduje.

How can a governor be talking like this?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Trust034: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
I hope to leave this kontree one day, our Leaders take us to be foools.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
who cares?

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Pandev(m): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
You fvcked up man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by PastorFire: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Who cares
Re: Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano by Gabbriell: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
In other words, you fired him because Jonathan did thesame thing. NO SENSE FOUND!

Most people will disagree with you that he is the right man for the job.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chiwetalu Agu: Army Release Statement On Why Nollywood Actor Was Arrested / Saraki, Abdulsalami, Diezani Properties Featured On Kleptocracy Tours Of London / Major General TY Buratai - Chief-of-army-staff To Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.