Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Africa: Wake Up! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa: Wake Up! (254 Views)

Africa Wake Up, The War Is Here Before Us (photo) / No Hidden Place For Chinese In Africa, Wake Up Time | Voicetv Nigeria / Osita Okechukwu: Osinbajo Backing South-West For 2023, Wake-up Call To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Africa: Wake Up! by drmind: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
AFRICA: WAKE UP!

I have been seeing posts lately all over the social media about “ten (10) years challenge from the past”. And many people have been so busy uploading pictures from the past. Why? Now, let me ask you a question, where will you be in the next 10, 20 and 50 years?
• If you are to see the new, you are to break away from the old. If you hold on to the old, it will split your destiny.
• • If you can touch the body of man, you can have easier access to his spirit and soul.
We Africans keep thinking of the past and don’t think of the future. We keeping shouting “I receive” Religion will never serve as a substitute for hard work and progress in our continent. We are lazy mentally, we have what I call “poverty of the mind” We love luxuries and don’t want to invest. What is wrong with us? Africa is one of the most religious continent in the world today, yet the poorest continent in the world why?

It has been forecasted that by 2050 (31 years from now) some of the Commonwealth African member states will be at the top of the list of countries with the highest poverty, if action is not taken. This is 2019, what are we doing about it? What are our leaders doing about this report?

The GOALKEEPERS report says Extreme poverty is becoming heavily concentrated in Sub Saharan African countries. By 2050, that’s where 86 percent of the extremely poor people in the world are projected to live. Therefore, the world’s priority for the next three decades should be a third wave of poverty reduction in Africa. Europe underdeveloped Africa and we are still underdeveloped. Why?

VITAL QUESTIONS

i. How do we avoid this catastrophe?
ii. What do we do now?
iii. Why should we do this now?
iv. When do we do this?
v. With whom do we do this?
vi. Who will do this?

It starts NOW! It starts today. We need to think differently. If we don't learn from History, we will repeat history. There is this wise saying “…children are the leaders of tomorrow” Now, tell me how many presidents are in Africa are less than 40 years of age? We keep repeating the same cycle of leaders and keep expecting miracles to occur. How can we be recycling same old leaders and expect transformation? FOOLISHNESS IS A DISEASE.

There are two kinds of pain:
I. Pain of Discipline
II. Pain of Regret

We keep doing the same thing, and we expect different results. It does not work that way. Lee Kuan Yu was able to transform Malaysia from third world to first world. We can replicate that in Nigeria, by learning how he did it and also do it. A wise man defined tradition as “collective habits”
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in a speech at Christ Embassy on the ‘Foundation for building a better Africa’ on the 31st of December, 2018.
He highlighted five (5) P’s which he called ‘Pillars of growth’
i. Politics
ii. Population
iii. Protection
iv. Prosperity
v. Partnership

Share this! Let's create a wave of creativity.

Africa will not be and remain a third world continent under my watch.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Join me, as we transform Africa.
It begins with YOU AND ME!

I am a Nigerian. I am from Africa. I am Human. Black is Beautiful. The world will see this beauty.

HOPE IS NOT LOST!
WE CAN AND WE WILL TRANSFORM AFRICA.

Do not sell your future today for stipends, by selling your votes to those who will impoverish you and enrich their pockets. Be wise!

Kindly, drop your suggestions and thoughts on how to make Africa the giant it is supposed to be.

Thank You.

Jireh Isaac Mark
Mail me: jirehdsir@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Watch The 2019 Presidential Debate, 7pm Live / Buhari Reasons Why He Will Not And Will Never Be At The Presidential Debate / Opinion: Nigeria's Founding Fathers Started The Trouble Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.