Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election (20110 Views)

We Know Nothing About Sowore’s Arrest – DSS / Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants? / Reactions As Dele Momodu Talks About Sowore Arriving Court In Handcuffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by semyman: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
What is this nah?
Please I beg stop wasting my time for this type of inconsequential commentaries
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
I will vote Sowore or Kingsley Muoghalu.

If I don't support my fellow youth, na wetin I gain voting an illiterate cow like Buhari

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
Prophet777:
Sowore is a credible candidate for the office of Nigeria President, he has all the requirements to lead a lawless nation like Nigeria but the fact remains that he can't win 2019 presidential election. I will advice him to keep pushing even after the 2019 general election and not to relent. Whenever the need arises for you to speak against govt ill policies , pls speak and keep more of familiarity with the masses. Glory ahead!

Us Nigerians have to open our eyes and ask how is it northern voters are more strategically powerful as a voting block. We all know Sowore is best qualified....but what good is it when the northerners have wealonized illiteracy. Sixty million northerners will NEVER vote for a Southerners. It matters not the qualification..they don't care.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by mutumina007: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
I hope he wins but... This is Nigeria.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
SLBMS:

Us Nigerians have to open our eyes and ask how is it northern voters are more strategically powerful as a voting block. We all know Sowore is best qualified....but what good is it when the northerners have wealonized illiteracy. Sixty million northerners will NEVER vote for a Southerners. It matters not the qualification..they don't care.

Fact!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Chinashopping84: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
pautex:
Hmmm, How I wish you're contesting in a civilized country and not this SHITHOLE called Nigeria. You shall be there one day. Keep it up Bro.

Even if he didn't win the prestige attached to an aspirant of presidential election

check my siggy to buy from amazon and eBay. ..amazon rate now is #290/$
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Antoeni(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sowore is an Arrogant Loose Canon who is always abusive and uncouth. He thinks contesting for the presidency is same as Unilag SUG.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Governordeb: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Keep up the good work mate, you will make it one day even if its not this time. You are truly an inspiration and a symbol of hope to the youth. Would definitely vote for u at the presidential level becoa non of those two grandfathers deserve my vote. They are both corrupt and Power hungry without any true concern for Nigeria citizens

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Xinzu: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
LagosBoi2:
Sowore may not win this election but I will vote for him to send a message

To who??
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by vioment: 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
E better say I give am my vote to let my conscience know say i want to give nigeria a new start. A message vote.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by jaido09: 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
Unfortunately, I still don’t know anything about Sowore after reading this. Complete waste of data and time. If you must write something, please go do some research and come back with things we actually don’t know about Sowore.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Jeezy: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
This is the most sensible thing i have read all day. Everyone says Sowore cannot win because he doesn't have political clout. Agreed. However, we can send a message to these old men that have held our country to ransom that the youths are taking their future back. If only we vote for who we think is capable (irrespective of his/her political capital) instead of who we think can win, we would be in a much better place. I'll rather vote to send a message than be a part of another 4 years of stagnation.

It is well with Nigeria.

LagosBoi2:

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by madridsta007(m): 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
SouthWestBlood:

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/sowore-5-things-nigerians-are-desperate-to-know-about-aac-candidate-before/2n63dh1

He is a candidate with a terrible sense of judgement as he was a Sai Buhari apologist in the last election.
Persons with a bad sense of judgement should not be allowed to lead a local government let alone a country.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by optimusprime2(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
LagosBoi2:
Don't say so, if 100 youths in all lga' s of Nigeria share this stance, don't be surprised that's all it takes for Nigeria to rid itself of these old poilical cargoes
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Laysmt001(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
WhoRUDeceiving:
[/s]

They are just trying to justify going to vote. TO HEL.L with election

On referendum we stand!!!
Eranko!
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by DammyGbade(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sixth thing you need to know is that he is dubious and arrogant
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by BluntBoy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
madridsta007:

He is a candidate with a terrible sense of judgement as he was a Sai Buhari apologist in the last election.
Persons with a bad sense of judgement should not be allowed to lead a local government let alone a country.

Your posts reveal you to be an Atiku apologist.

How come you are not applying this sense of judgement to Atiku as well? If Sowore has a terrible sense of judgement because he appeared to lean toward a Buhari presidency, then Atiku must have a bad sense of judgement too for daring to cross over to APC and support the presidential ambition of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by madridsta007(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Your posts reveal you to be an Atiku apologist.

How come you are not applying this sense of judgement to Atiku as well? If Sowore has a terrible sense of judgement because he appeared to lean toward a Buhari presidency, then Atiku must have a bad sense of judgement too for daring to cross over to APC and support the presidential ambition of Buhari.

Hahaha!
My post does not reveal me to be an Atiku apologist. In fact, I have no issues with Buhari; he has proven to be what I wrote and predicted him to be, based on clear historical records. Personally, if he out-rigs others and wins again, I will have no issues with it. I think 8 years under a lifeless tyrant is important to help people make electoral decisions based on logic than emotions.

Let me be clear: Everyone who showed a terrible sense of judgement in 2015, Atiku included, does not deserve to lead Nigeria. A good sense of judgement is one of the basic requirement for leadership; I am sure you will agree with this.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by BluntBoy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
madridsta007:

Hahaha!
My post does not reveal me to be an Atiku apologist. In fact, I have no issues with Buhari; he has proven to be what I wrote and predicted him to be, based on clear historical records. Personally, if he out-rigs others and wins again, I will have no issues with it. I think 8 years under a lifeless tyrant is important to help people make electoral decisions based on logic than emotions.

Let me be clear: Everyone who showed a terrible sense of judgement in 2015, Atiku included, does not deserve to lead Nigeria. A good sense of judgement is one of the basic requirement for leadership; I am sure you will agree with this.

OK, let us go back to 2015.

I voted for Buhari. According to you, I must have a poor sense of judgement.

So, tell me, who should I have voted for in 2015 to make me come across to you as a person with a good sense of judgement?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by stt201: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Even if I get 1m naira from either Buhari or Atiku I will still vote for Sowore.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by Ay04z(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
if we abt 80 % of Nigerian youth vex and vote this guy. We can protest if e no enter. Dude will change this nation.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by madridsta007(m): 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

OK, let us go back to 2015.

I voted for Buhari. According to you, I must have a poor sense of judgement.

So, tell me, who should I have voted for in 2015 to make me come across to you as a person with a good sense of judgement?

Sorry, Bro, you displayed a terrible and poor sense of judgement. You call yourself a bluntboy; I am sure you will accept a blunt response.
You come across as someone well-read. Lets be honest here: there is nothing being played out by Buhari- totalitarianism, nepotism, disdain for the populace, tribalism, etc, that hasn't been clearly recorded, written, unchallenged about Buhari.

Expecting to vote such a person and expecting change from a septuagenarian, clinically and psychologically impossible, is believing in magic. My friends at the UN, at that time asked me: "how can you hand over a democracy to a military tyrant to watch over?"

Anyone that voted anyone else asides the tyrant displayed a better sense of judgement than those who voted for a military totalitarian with well-known insular views to lead a multi-ethnic, multi-religious country. It is just asinine. No defense sir. I know humility isn't the forte of the black man, but this is very obvious, the poor sense of judgement. Thankfully, many people have publicly accepted their folly.

In 2015 and the years preceding it, I was quite critical of Buhari based on evidenced records, in comparison to today. Today, nothing surprises me. I spend less time critiquing and writing about someone that hasnt surprised me.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by BluntBoy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
madridsta007:

Sorry, Bro, you displayed a terrible and poor sense of judgement. You call yourself a bluntboy; I am sure you will accept a blunt response.
You come across as someone well-read. Lets be honest here: there is nothing being played out by Buhari- totalitarianism, nepotism, disdain for the populace, tribalism, etc, that hasn't been clearly recorded, written, unchallenged about Buhari.

Expecting to vote such a person and expecting change from a septuagenarian, clinically and psychologically impossible, is believing in magic. My friends at the UN, at that time asked me: "how can you hand over a democracy to a military tyrant to watch over?"

Anyone that voted anyone else asides the tyrant displayed a better sense of judgement than those who voted for a military totalitarian with well-known insular views to lead a multi-ethnic, multi-religious country. It is just asinine. No defense sir. I know humility isn't the forte of the black man, but this is very obvious, the poor sense of judgement. Thankfully, many people have publicly accepted their folly.

In 2015 and the years preceding it, I was quite critical of Buhari based on evidenced records, in comparison to today. Today, nothing surprises me. I spend less time critiquing and writing about someone that hasnt surprised me.

You have not answered my question.

Who should I have voted for?
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by madridsta007(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

You have not answered my question.

Who should I have voted for?

Anyone, asides a known tyrant. I thought I made it clear.
Buhari was not the only name on the list, was he?

People would say, "logically, it was between APC and PDP", and they have very good points. However, other names are there on the list. I have not critiqued Sowore because it is "logically between APC and PDP". My critique is his terrible sense of judgement in 2015.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by moshoodn(m): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
abbeyie007:
Tell us more details about his academics and achievements

Academics.. He once lectured in the States.. Did his MSc in one of the top universities in the States also.

You can research for specifics.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by BluntBoy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
madridsta007:

Anyone, asides a known tyrant. I thought I made it clear.
Buhari was not the only name on the list, was he?

People would say, "logically, it was between APC and PDP", and they have very good points. However, other names are there on the list. I have not critiqued Sowore because it is "logically between APC and PDP". My critique is his terrible sense of judgement in 2015.

Then, you shouldn't be talking about us having poor sense of judgement for voting Buhari in 2015.

The election was between PDP and APC. Casting my vote for any other party would have been a poor sense of judgement since it would invariably be a waste.

You claim Buhari is a known tyrant but there are and there were evidences of GEJ's tyranny as well.

Our federalism itself breeds tyranny since it concentrates more power in the central government.

By your conclusion (except you have never voted yourself), then every voter must have poor sense of judgement for our country to still be in such a pitiable state in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by madridsta007(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Then, you shouldn't be talking about us having poor sense of judgement for voting Buhari in 2015.

The election was between PDP and APC. Casting my vote for any other party would have been a poor sense of judgement since it would invariably be a waste.

You claim Buhari is a known tyrant but there are and there were evidences of GEJ's tyranny as well.

Our federalism itself breeds tyranny since it concentrates more power in the central government.

By your conclusion (except you have never voted yourself), then every voter must have poor sense of judgement for our country to still be in such a pitiable state in the 21st century.

I recommend that you read Max Siollun's Soldiers of Fortune. You will understand tyranny when you do so. Its clear you don't.
Again, confining yourself to binaries, while understandable, isn't the only option on the table.
In any case, like I earlier said, humility isn't the forte of the black man. If I had the time to argue with you, you will, I am sure, argue that Buhari is a 21st century democrat!

Hence I would not be too disdained if he won. Nigerians need to be taught a harsh lesson.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by BluntBoy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
madridsta007:

I recommend that you read Max Siollun's Soldiers of Fortune. You will understand tyranny when you do so. Its clear you don't.
Again, confining yourself to binaries, while understandable, isn't the only option on the table.
In any case, like I earlier said, humility isn't the forte of the black man. If I had the time to argue with you, you will, I am sure, argue that Buhari is a 21st century democrat!

Hence I would not be too disdained if he won. Nigerians need to be taught a harsh lesson.

Which other harsh lesson do we need to learn?

We have never enjoyed uninterrupted power supply or very low rate of unemployment or even tremendous show of meritocracy.

I don't need to understand tyranny by reading someone else's opinions that were published in a book.

Going by the popular definition of tyranny, Buhari is not even anywhere close to a tyrant.
Re: 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election by madridsta007(m): 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Which other harsh lesson do we need to learn?

We have never enjoyed uninterrupted power supply or very low rate of unemployment or even tremendous show of meritocracy.

I don't need to understand tyranny by reading someone else's opinions that were published in a book.

Going by the popular definition of tyranny, Buhari is not even anywhere close to a tyrant.

Sadly, it was not an "opinion that was published in a book"; it is a history written in literature. Max Siollun's book is just one of the references. There are quite a lot of them.
The lesson I would want is for there to come a time when Nigerians do not regard history with emotive sentiments, but as a serious piece of informative material, where people can read and learn from. Like sane countries do. I have once written a paper arguing that Buhari's short stint was why he was readily accepted as a "reformed democrat." A longer stint with him will help the younger generation appreciate history better and recognize a tyrant when they see one.

A longer stint will make it more difficult, in future, to accept "reformed democrats" and to critically analyse historical anecdotes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elections Results Tally With Civil Society Observations –EU / Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu Empowers Mothers, Calls For Gender Friendly Environment / Nasiru Magaji, Newly-Elected LG Councillor Killed In Katsina, 2 Wives Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.