Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,278 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Christians Will Not Vote For Me Even If Pope Is My Running Mate, Says El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Will Not Vote For Me Even If Pope Is My Running Mate, Says El-rufai (536 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate / Olusegun Bamgbose: I Am Considering Yusuf Buhari As My Running Mate In 2023 / Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Will Not Vote For Me Even If Pope Is My Running Mate, Says El-rufai by linx123: 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
Kaduna state Governor and former FCT minister, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai says he knows that 67 per cent of Christians in southern Kaduna will not vote for him in the governorship election even if he picks the Pope as his running mate.

Recall that the governor was greatly criticized for picking a fellow Muslim as his running mate, but the governor backed up his decision on the need to go for competence rather than bringing in religion and ethnicity sentiment.

El-Rufai, who was a guest on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily programme on Thursday, said Nigeria ought to divorce religion from politics.

He added that there was a need for competence to be given priority ahead of religion and ethnicity, hence his decision to run with a Muslim/Muslim ticket in the 2019 governorship election.

El-Rufai, who is the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, said even his outgoing deputy, Yusuf Bala Bantex, who is a Christian, was treated like an outcast because he was in the APC.

Defending his action, however, el-Rufai said, “What if I tell you that no matter who I choose as my running mate, even if I choose the Pope, 67 per cent of the Christians in southern Kaduna have made up their minds that they will never vote for me.

“This is what the polls show.

“So, for me, that is....https://janefblog.com/5156-2christians-will-not-vote-for-me-even-if-pope-is-my-running-mate-says-el-rufai/

Re: Christians Will Not Vote For Me Even If Pope Is My Running Mate, Says El-rufai by mushystuff: 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
And so your competent deputy can only be a muslim, not regarding the need for balance and a sense of belonging? Have you considered the fact that yo nay be the dark shadow that caused your outgoing deputy to be 'treated like a leper' as you claimed? He probably got tired of your nepotism and religious bigotry and so gave whatever reason to step away from being associated with you!

1 Like

Re: Christians Will Not Vote For Me Even If Pope Is My Running Mate, Says El-rufai by xelly: 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
Incitement of religious groups in already divide country to further divide on religious ground. Elrufai is at it again.
Re: Christians Will Not Vote For Me Even If Pope Is My Running Mate, Says El-rufai by Sunnymatey(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
Trust me, they re testing waters. If it works in Kaduna state, they ll want to press forward their agenda by presenting a muslem muslem candidiate come 2023 presidential election.

Islamization agenda is real

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Buhari Appointing Only Northerners Into Key Positions In His Administrati / Around This Time In 2015 ( Graphics) / My Experience With Bayo Adelabu's Media Crew (Oyo State APC Candidate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.