Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,343 members, 7,800,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate (33198 Views)

Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book / Olusegun Bamgbose: I Am Considering Yusuf Buhari As My Running Mate In 2023 / Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Islie: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
The Presidential Candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Sunday afternoon says he has not informed former Governor of Borno State, Senator Kashim Shettima, that he is the substantive running mate.

Tinubu’s declaration comes less than one hour after the APC placeholder, Ibrahim Masari, officially stepped down as vice presidential nominee.

The national leader of the APC has declared Shettima as the vice presidential candidate while addressing newsmen shortly after his closed door meeting the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) in Daura, Katsina State.

He said, “I saw Aminu Bello Masari today and there is going to be an announcement to replace him fully with the substantive candidate.”

When prodded to disclose who the substantive candidate was, Tinubu declared that it was Shettima, even though he has not discussed it with him.

“Kashim Shettima, I have not discussed with him but I have disclosed it to you,” he said.

Tinubu was accompanied to Daura by road by the Katsina Governor, Aminu Bello Masari after landing at the Umaru Musa Yar’adua airport, Katsina.

Meanwhile, Masari, the surrogate running mate on Sunday issued an official statement that he is stepping aside to pave the way for Tinubu’s substantive running mate.

Masari made the announcement after having a meeting with the presidential standard bearer.

He said, “This is to inform our esteemed party leaders under our able President Muhammadu Buhari, teeming party members and the great people of Nigeria, of the outcome of a crucial discussion I just had with the flag-bearer of our great party, All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

“Recall that I had the singular honour and privilege of being nominated as the running-mate to Asiwaju Tinubu last month after a keenly contested presidential primary ahead of the 2023 general elections.

“But, after much reflection and wider consultations, I now wish to step down. I realized that my decision will enable Asiwaju to have more latitude to give more accommodation and inclusion that will position our party to win the coming elections, with the support of the people of Nigeria.

“In stepping down, I believe I can still serve our party and the country in several other capacities. I wish to confirm that I have submitted my withdrawal letter and affidavit to that effect as the Vice Presidential Candidate to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the coming elections.”

https://punchng.com/just-in-shettima-unaware-hes-my-running-mate-says-tinubu/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Built2last: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
By chosing to run a Muslim-Muslim ticket in a country like Nigeria and at a time such as now, the one clear message the APC is sending to the Christian Community in Nigeria is; DO YOUR WORST! YOU DON'T COUNT!

Beyond this insult, the most imb£cilic set of idjiots are the people who, in a bid to protect their own intestinal interest, argue that a Muslim-Muslim ticket in a highly volatile multi-religious Nigeria, , doesn't matter as long as they are competent (As if there are no competent Christians in the North). If it doesn't matter, why did some people give that as a condition for supporting Tinubu who himself is a Muslim? This is the fuulish justification we were given when Buhari was filling all sensitive positions with only people from a particular region and religion. Today, how far?

And because for some of our Daddy G.O and Men of God, the bl00d of money appears ticker than the bl00d of Christ, this insult might be left unresponded to. Some of them may even find a way to justify this even if it means standing the Bible on its head like Pastor Poju did when he turned the definition of faith upside down in a desperate bid to disguise his support for Tinubu. Pa Adeboye will deliberately play the 'see no evil and hear no evil' card. Bakare will most definitely find a way to defend this as a way of paying back his debt to Tinubu. No surprise in his own case.

But I trust the irrepressible Bishops David Oyedepo and David Ibiyeomie. Those two have never been found wanting when it comes to defending the interests of their flock.

As for CAN, I want to believe they are preparing a ROBUST counter measure beyond mere rhetorics.

359 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by PresidObi: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
The painful part is the audacity they have to announce this at all.

Hoping to see the faces of Oyedepo and Adeboye now.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by sosanova: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bloody terrorists Shettima
Tinubu has already lost the election before election day
The current killing of Christians and attack on churches by Boko Haram, Bandits and ISWAP will become child's play when we now have Muslim President and Muslim Vice President.
Any christian that goes out to support or campaign or vote for Muslim Muslim ticket is forever doomed and the blood of innocent christians that have been gruesomely murdered and massacred by this blood thirsty Jihadist terrorists will forever hunt any Christian who supports, votes or campaigns for this devilish Muslim Muslim ticket

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by sosanova: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
APC blood thirsty terrorist jihadist party

31 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Kingspin(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
A piggoat talk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by DontGiveUpYet: 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thank God that Tinubu has failed already.

312 Likes 76 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by inoki247: 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
ok
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Omihanifa: 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
Picking a Muslim -muslim ticket clearly shows Bola tinubu is only desperate.

312 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by UbiAnn(f): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
Okay
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by smile11s(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
What do you expect?

I doubt Tinubu is even aware he is running for President. Buhari may not even know he walked from mosque to his house Dauri.

One day day go break and naija go better again.

God of Peter OBI is alive. Finally God say time for naija to be rescued.

This life no balance but we must balance naija small and vote in Labor Party.

I just saw a video of an arab guy pooping inside a girls mouth. It’s not torture o. She did it for money.

Watch it here.

https://gist.am/question/video--ig-influencers-are-being-paid-for-wealthy-dubai-men-and-camels-to-poo-on

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hehe. Tinubu said the spirit of 1993 is upon him that’s why he is choosing a Muslim running mate. They will keep referring to 1993 until they finish the significance of that day. Did someone tell him that the youths nowadays don’t even care about 1993? Yes it’s an important part of Nigeria’s history but it’s not enough to make people accept you in 2023.

The only commendable thing here is that Tinubu has his beliefs. In 2015, he wanted to be VP, didn’t care about Muslim-Muslim. And he just showed that again by picking Shettima.

Truth is we will not accept a Muslim-Muslim ticket. PDP and APC have gone North-Muslim because they believe that’s the only way they will be acceptable in the north. They allowed tribal and religious sentiments influence their decisions when considering how to get bloc votes from the north. Then why are they telling us here in the south that tribalism and religion doesn’t matter when it is in fact the major reason you went North for your presidential and VP candidates? Make it make sense.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Throwback: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
His loyalty and his competence has fought for him without his own personal input.

Gov Zulum's insistence not to deprive his benefactor his chance to be Vice President, is a case study that Osinbajo should learn.

241 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Juanmike(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
He is aware.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by daygee12: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
North is mostly dominated by Muslims same thing goes to igbo who are mostly dominated by Christians.
Truth be told would u take Muslim igbo as VP if u want igbo votes so same goes to the Northerners.

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by clothingonline(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
Wow
He will be surprised to be given such privilege

All sizes available
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by daygee12: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
H
Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Afonjamuslim24(f): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Liar!!! Tinubu the Iragbiji Thief turn Chicago Drug lord.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by ChoCho54(f): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu him tu lie.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by fatherjesse(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Amugbo! As if we didn't know he was going to pick one of El-Rufai and Shettima long ago. He wants to tell us that MKO won on Muslim- Muslim ticket, we ask him, was Nigeria this divided then, was there mass killings of Christians in Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa and Plateau then as we have now? Alainironu, agbaya, omo isonu

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Monimatic(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
grin grin grin
Cam u imagine they are already confused

Tinubu scored a political own goal with his choice of a Boko Haram apologist
He can no longer get block Vote in the south west, cos from today campaign against Muslim Muslim ticket Begins across all churches from south west to south South to south east down to the North.
Nobody will be bold enough to come and campaign for Tinubu(APC) Muslim Muslim ticket in any church or christian gathering in the south west, he/she will be Stoned on the pulpit, booed and chased away

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by SenatePresdo(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Shettima that is strongly rumoured to be the Commander of Boko haram?

Imagine if Tinubu dies in office, we would have the Commander in Chief of Boko Haram become our president??

The future of Nigerians is in Nigerians hand, that's all I have to say.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by IvarTheBoneless: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
grin

Beat President + Vice President + Senate President + Party Chairman.

Shunned SE before Primaries yet they all prostrated to vote for him.

"Recognize a real Don when you see one" Biggie Smalls.

Despite being hated there, SE will give him 90% votes out of admiration for the political genius.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Simplythebest: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Time to appear on national TV. Either channel or Arise lets here from u guys.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by Quest7777: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
No doubt this Muslim-Muslim ticket will further divide the country along religious lines & cause more religious tensions & killings around the country.
But the bat's conscience has been blinded by his na-my-turn desperation. To him, his Presidential ambition is worth more than the blood of innocent Nigerians.

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by ViceGovernor: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Yes o we were all born yesterday morning cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by uniquelyspecial(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
I'm not surprised.
Even the president himself, most of the time seems unaware that he is the president.

That's how they plan to turn Nigeria to Dubai from 2023 abi?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by MedicH: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hehe

Re: Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate by ecolime(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
You have failed Tinubu.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Governors On Security Watch-list / Herd Of Cattle Spotted On Ikorodu Road (Photo) / Biography Of Ramatu Tijani Aliyu - The Minister Of State FCT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.