Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma (12811 Views)

Imo Was In The Cemetery When I Assumed Office, I Exhumed It – Uzodimma (Video) / Okorocha: Uzodinma Refurbished My Project, Invited Buhari For Commissioning / The So Called Protest Against IPOB In Imo Was APC Sponsored- Proof Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by OrientDailyNews: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
By Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri

The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Imo state, Senator Hope Uzodinma has said that people of the state were mocked in several quarters across the country before he emerged to stop the son-in-law of the governor from becoming the governorship candidate of the party in the state.

Speaking during the official unveiling of his manifesto in Owerri, Senator Uzodinma stated that it was regrettable that the fortunes of the state were controlled only by one man who pocketed everything and went further to attempt producing the husband of the first daughter as successor.

According to Uzodinma “Imo people were mocked. We were a laughing stock in Abuja where those who knew Okorocha’s plans laughed at us that there are no men in the state to stop the father to son-in-law transition.

Speaking on his programme for the state, Uzodinma, who tagged the manifesto as “A 5-Point blue print for Imo Economic Survival” assured Imo citizens of a better livelihood based on human and capital oriented programmes.

Sympathising with the people the state on the level of hardship and alleged dehumanization which he said the Okorocha government bequeathed to the people, Uzodinma recalled that the state was far better before 2011 but became difficult when the present government introduced stringent administrative policies.

He promised to put in place a civil service structure that will be workers-friendly, adding that there will be prompt payment of salaries, pensions and other statutory obligations.

Emphasising adherence to rule of law, procedures and constitutional guidelines, the APC candidate averred that the role of government was to cater for the welfare of her citizens, and not to send them to their early graves, according to him, as witnessed in the past eight years.

Senator Uzodinma also revealed his plans of establishing an Imo State Education Opportunity Programme (ISEOP), where the state will be transformed into an academic driven economy, as well as accelerating development through manpower development.

“We shall restore Imo state as the nation’s leading center of knowledge and enterprise. For a highly functional and qualitative educational system, our new educational architecture shall focus on science and technology in line with modern digital learning ecosystem of the 21st century”, Uzodinma.

He further promised to produce a new generation of creative enterprising graduates equipped for immediate past school employment and self-reliance.

Commenting on health sector, the guber hopeful promised to enhance primary and secondary health care, pointing out that within the first two years of his administration, they would here attained a 75% Health For All (HEFA), covering the 27 LGAs.

Uzodinma promised to recruit over 850 community health workers to strengthen existing primary health care work force in the state. “In collaboration with a duly elected local government council, we shall rehabilitate, renovate and equip all the dilapidated community health centers in the 305 wards of the state, within the first year in office”, he said.

He opined that the Imo economy, which he described as ‘degraded’, would bounce back within six months of his assumption of office.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/imo-laughing-stock-okorocha-uzodinma/

lalasticlala seun mynd44

1 Like

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by laurenjones: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by fykes(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Oga uzo, both you, okorocha and his boy-in-law.
Anything thats associated with apc or wields brooms..
IMO people says NO.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Celegbengz(m): 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ummmm
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
apc campaigning against apc in imo.
he is saying the truth Sha. Okorocha is one of the worst anti-people governor in niaja history.
I can't wait for AA to print a banner of it adopted presidential candidate Atiku and it governorship candidate Nwosu together.
Okorocha money will be used in campaigning for Atiku

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by tonio2wo: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
just as nigeria under buhari!

3 Likes

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by orion7: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
The battle is between pdp and apga

hope rochas and all other Apc rats will eat shìt las las

9 Likes

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by careersome: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
oga you and your useless party won't win IMO or any south east state

11 Likes

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by blowjob: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
OKOROCHA.. grin grin..MY NIGGA.

SAI BUHARI.
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by CheapDataGuy: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
The same motor na e bring both of una

Abeq check my profile for cheap data

1 Like

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by SEONaijaExpert: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
Confused people!

Like Okorocha like Amosun, turning state politics to family affair. Once they become Governor they believe they can control or make decisions while disregarding the party.

Party will always be above any elected persons.

1 Like

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by shachris02: 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
True but we are not voting APC in igbo land.

Not going to happen, Hope.

I can say for certain that your ambition to govern imo is quite HOPELESS.

12 Likes

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Cownu: 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
fykes:
Oga uzo, both you, okorocha and his boy-in-law.
Anything thats associated with apc or wields brooms..
IMO people says NO.
Continue to speak for Imo people from your bedbugs infested room in Awka
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by XaviDayo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
Bros...u sef no go win.

1 Like

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by baike: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
is the state now urs oga!!!!

wait until the state no longer under him
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by otabuko(m): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
Was?
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by marvin906(m): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
Imo was and still a laughing stock in the country

3 Likes

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by umulobi: 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Just speaking jargons.....I can't see any programme to turn around IMO' s economy.

1 Like

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by gentlegenius(m): 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Just like Nigeria is a laughing stock under the lifeless dullard.
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by xarm(m): 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Imo the land of statues cool

What happen when you smoke osogbo weed go imo state for the first time grin

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Oxb90: 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
Na so una de talk. When you enter now you go deny all these promises. Who go believe say rochas go turn out like this. As long as say na apc candidate make this statement I no think say im go doam.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
t
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Cownu: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
Mk17:

someone from akwa should not speak about IMO state but those from far away poverty-stricken illesha LGA are allowed to talk about IMO
I don’t remember adding it to my post that pained mentally deranged people should respond on behalf of the person I quoted cheesy
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by AngelicBeing: 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
Cownu:

Continue to speak for Imo people from your bedbugs infested room in Awka
Hahaha, Hian, Lol at bedbug infested room, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, Hian shocked

Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Olukologia24592(m): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
It was a place of statues..... Maybe they slogan of IMO should be "home of statue builders "
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by Houseofglam7(f): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
undecided
Re: Imo Was A Laughing Stock Under Okorocha – Uzodinma by NORSIYK(m): 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
NDAA IHEDIOHA will #REBUILDIMO Lets support him

Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha remains the Governor Imo is waiting to have.
Ihedioha’s integrity, personality and contact at work will revive and Rebuild Imo.
I SUPPORT IHEDOHA
I AM FOR IHEDIOHA
Let’s join hands
Imo is our home
Let’s Rebuild Imo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inter-State Lockdown: Okowa Monitors Compliance, Warns Violators / APC Convention: Prince Olatunbosun Obtains Form For National Youth Leader / Adams Oshiomhole Attends Auchi Diocesan Priest's End Of Year Party (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.