Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us (636 Views)

BREAKING: Roads Won’t Be Closed For Buhari’s Visit, Says Lagos Govt / South-East Governors Shut Down Markets, Rice Mill Over Atiku’s Visit / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by smokinloud(m): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
The Embassy of Nigeria in Washington, DC , said it was not yet sure if former Vice - President Atiku Abubakar would be visiting the United States any moment soon .
A competent source at the embassy told the News Agency of Nigeria that the embassy was yet to get official information about the former vice president ’ s whereabouts in the US .
Atiku, who is the presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party has reportedly arrived in the United States on Thursday night. Some other reports said he was on his way .
The source , however , said the embassy was still awaiting official communication to that effect .“Actually, we have not received any information for the embassy but we are just trying to find out whether really he is coming . That is what we are doing right now.
“They told us he’ s coming tonight, today , so we are trying to find out whether he’ s really coming .
“Mr (Peter) Obi , (Atiku’ s running mate ), he was to come last week but the event was cancelled.
“So we are still trying to see but if you get anything , please just let us know also because they said he’ s coming here so that if you ’ re able to get any updated information , just inform us so that we can prepare vehicles to go to the airport and meet him and all that.
“For now, we have no information . If I am able to confirm anything , I will get back to you and please , if you too get any confirmation or any update, just get back to me , just call me .
“As a former Vice President, the Embassy is supposed to organise to receive him at the airport and all that,
but then we have not received anything in that regards, ” the source said.
NAN reports that Obi was billed to be in the US last week and was scheduled to have a New Jersey/ New York Townhall but the event was postponed.
The PDP vice - presidential candidate is now rescheduled for the New / Jersey/New York USA Town Hall Meeting at Robert Treat Best Western Hotel, New Jersey on Monday , January 21 .
The clarification from the embassy came as online reports said Atiku has either landed in the US or has taken off from Nigeria to address the US Chamber of Commerce on Friday, from 2 :30 pm to 4 pm local time.
TheCable claimed that Atiku secretly flew out from Lagos on Wednesday night. This news most of his aides and associates unaware .
He was scheduled to be in Ogun state on Thursday morning but the event was cancelled, it said.
Atiku was said to have been issued a US visa , last December , for the first time in 13 years. The visa was reportedly facilitated by his former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, a former foe , turned campaign endorser .
But reports said Atiku sensed the visa could be a trap by the Americans and thus asked for a guarantee from the US government that he would not be arrested over a case of money laundering , for which there were reports of a sealed indictment by the US Justice Department .
In another case , former congressman William Jefferson was jailed for 13 years for accepting a bribe from an investor, Lori Mody , who was wearing a wire.
Jefferson told the investor that he would need to give then Nigerian Vice President Atiku Abubakar $ 500 , 000 “as a motivating factor ” to make sure the company obtained contracts for iGate and Mody’ s company in Nigeria .
But Daily Trust, quoting Atiku’ s Special Adviser on Media , Mr . Paul Ibe debunked the report of Atiku travelling to the United States .
Ibe told Daily Trust via a telephone chat on Thursday afternoon that online reports which stated that Atiku had travelled to the US were a figment of the imagination of the authors.
“You know what the social media can do. You know the social media for what they are now . It is not true . His Excellency hasn’ t gone anywhere, ” he said.
(NAN)
https://punchng.com/we-are-not-aware-of-atikus-visit-says-nigerian-embassy-in-us/
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by baliyubla: 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
All staff of the Nigerian embassy Washington DC are fired in the words of the dullard. Why must they allow Atiku visit the U.S.A?

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by socialmediaman: 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by Racoon(m): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
cheesy Sorry Atiku target was not in the US to visit an equally lifeless Nigerian embassy but to enhance a US-Nigeria economic relations as far as the incoming govt is concerned.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2019
Like the dullard like his lifeless servants grin
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by ukukaegbu(m): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2019
How would they know when they are not working.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by bighorlus(m): 12:05am On Jan 18, 2019
He didn't have them in his plans so why would they be aware.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by excel101(m): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2019
They are like their master Bubu, that is not aware of anything.

1. I sent the IG of police to Benue state, I'm not aware he did not go.

2. I'm not aware that Maina was appointed in my Govt.

3. I'm not aware that the CJN was summoned for non declaration of asset.

Its a serious matter o, dementia suspected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by Divinerace(m): 12:40am On Jan 18, 2019
Ok
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by Divinerace(m): 12:41am On Jan 18, 2019
No-blackmail-fashioned-against-atiku-shall-ever-prosper!!!!!!!!!!
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by BuhariAdvocate: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2019
I pity those yebos shouting Atiku because of the VP slot and you will not get it .
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by PointZerom: 4:36am On Jan 18, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I pity those yebos shouting Atiku because of the VP slot and you will not get it .

When will Buhari visit Trump?
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by KanwuliaExtra: 5:04am On Jan 18, 2019
Why should he go to the Nigerian consulate?

So BUHARIBABARIANS would “KASHOSGGI” him? grin
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Atiku’s Visit, Says Nigerian Embassy In Us by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 18, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Like the dullard like his lifeless servants grin
Not surprising.
The Sudanese dullard is properly surrounded by Nigerian dullards grin grin

cc lzaa velocity25

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Owerri Bar, Imo State Chapter Of Nba Resolves / Buhari's Hypocrisy: Ganduje Is Presumed Innocent, Dasuki Jailed Before Trial / How This Administration Led Nigeria To Recession My Personal Opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.