Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Identity Is A Responsibility - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Identity Is A Responsibility (387 Views)

The Solution To The Identity Crisis Of Igbo Communities / TORAH SAYS TERAH is OBATALA, ABRAM is ORUNMILA(TRUE IDENTITY OF THE YORUBA RACE) / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Identity Is A Responsibility by mrox4d(m): 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
We find ourselves in a capacious but yet a clandestine world as a result of blithering embracement of western culture and values called civilisation. Why should we tend to embibe foreign cultures that are drastically distinct from our mother's culture? Why should we believe that english language is more consequential and alabastic, that ours is antique and unallure, this is why we find our languages absconding to extinction. Cant you see they are trying to sell their culture to us at an expensive rate and buying ours for free? We find our artisteries in their museums and tourist centers where tourist (including nigerians) visits and pays, while we dont value them over here. Have they not succeded? Of course yes, do you want to know how? Ok see how many nigerians can actually speak their mother tongue and how many britians can speak theirs? Well axiomatically 100% of educated britians can while less than 40% of educated nigerians can manage to. That is why they know our tribal, ethnic,local & national secretes because all this are in their books written in english language, how many of our books of history are written in our local dialects? As if this was not enough, i also learnt that the federal government has scrapped History and our local dialects from schools sylabus because of insufficeint suppy of teachers in this disciplines. Is this not a stigma? Before colonization we were interacting and trading with each other in Nigeria, within africa and the world at large,what was the shenanigan? ...WELL I AM OF THE CONSTRUE THAT EDUCATION DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE,WHERE YOU ARE FROM & WHERE YOU WANT TO GO... Feel free to drop your post-mortem advice or solutions to this antsy corrigendum.... thank you my fans...i remain your one and only MR OX4D

(1) (Reply)

Soldier Kills An Abuja Indigene Over A Parcel Of Land Along Airport Road / Oba Of Benin Bans The Wearing Of Beads In His Kingdom / How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.