Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India (10867 Views)

FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund / FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by orion7: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2019
tsephanyah:
They can't hide the fact that atiku is chronically corrupt. Obj(his boss) was even marvelled when he realized how corrupt atiku was. It's in the blood, obi can't tell him not to steal or sell Nigeria's asset. Obi can't check him.
so ?

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Yankee101: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2019
Let's reconsider the loan post Buhari

You can't be taking loan up and down with just 4 months to the end of your tenure

You're a lame duck President, don't finish naija with debt

3 Likes

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by larryking540: 6:57am On Jan 18, 2019
Can't we produce from agriculture and export to other country's for sales and yield money?

The other day I was watching TV and I saw kano state destroy a full truck containing beer bottles and crate, ,,and I was marveled,since the people in kano want to drink beer u can yield more tax from them by leveling taxs on hotels and bars dat want to sell, ,and one Muslim guy said it's a sin and I asked him, is dubia not a Muslim nation don't day sell beer there? U way carry d religious for head wat have u achieved, instead ur state is in deep poverty,
Keep religious aside and do d needful of the country, e go hard nigeria o

They have good soil
Minerals
And some other things but it's as if even Sahara desert is more fertile than dis nation

5 Likes

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by aishapmbtoto: 6:57am On Jan 18, 2019
Even from India? Chaiii!

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by sacramento1212: 6:58am On Jan 18, 2019
helinues:
$1m from Brazil plus this

Okay

Brazil is $1Billion and not $1 million

2 Likes

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by supereagle(m): 6:58am On Jan 18, 2019
tsephanyah:
They can't hide the fact that atiku is chronically corrupt. Obj(his boss) was even marvelled when he realized how corrupt atiku was. It's in the blood, obi can't tell him not to steal or sell Nigeria's asset. Obi can't check him.
Yes.

2 Likes

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Jyah04: 6:59am On Jan 18, 2019
tsephanyah:
Total nonsense from the slave mistress

2 Likes

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by lastmessenger: 6:59am On Jan 18, 2019
Borrowing 100million dollars and turn around to share 300million dollars abacha loot. Can you all see that we have dullards in government?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 18, 2019
myettiallah:

Ur country is now borrowing from India!!!
A country without toilets.
Shame on APC
now the dullard is about to disgrace Nigerians who defended the country against Indians on Facebook by participating on the toilet war

2 Likes

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by theoldpretender(m): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2019
Hmmm

Oil price is below 60 USD.

We need oil to be at $140 before we can run a budget free of debts.

Besides the loan is being taken for broadband expansion into the rural areas.

Now, APC has failed us. But, anyone who expected us not to run a government without borrowing once oil prices started falling in 2014 is dreaming.

The sad thing about this is that if PDP win in 2015, most of the people screaming about how Nigeria is borrowing would be praising the move, while some anti PDP agents would be shouting against it.

Let's remove the tribalism. We are not a rich nation, we are too reliant on oil, and none of the parties has any idea about how to get us off oil except agriculture which is going to take years to regain our former top spot.

So whoever wins in 2019,should tell Nigerians the truth, we are poor, cut subsides and deal with corruption, and focus on power and transport with the view to going industrial.

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by tsephanyah(f): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2019
Jyah04:
Total nonsense from the slave mistress
Don't reveal your DNA result pls.
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by crossfm: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2019
Chai.the way they are borrowing one day we will become another country's property.

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by dam2000(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2019
I can't forget the day sowore deal with this minister of miscommunication
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by theoldpretender(m): 7:09am On Jan 18, 2019
larryking540:
Can't we produce from agriculture and export to other country's for sales and yield money?

The other day I was watching TV and I saw kano state destroy a full truck containing beer bottles and crate, ,,and I was marveled,since the people in kano want to drink beer u can yield more tax from them by leveling taxs on hotels and bars dat want to sell, ,and one Muslim guy said it's a sin and I asked him, is dubia not a Muslim nation don't day sell beer there? U way carry d religious for head wat have u achieved, instead ur state is in deep poverty,
Keep religious aside and do d needful of the country, e go hard nigeria o

They have good soil
Minerals
And some other things but it's as if even Sahara desert is more fertile than dis nation

Problem is, you can only run a successful agricultural export driven economy if you have a large number of commercial large scale farms.

In Nigeria, less than 10% of farmland is large scale commercial farms.

Also, most state governors are not interested in aggressively developing their agriculture subsector. Kogi and Benue are two good examples. Kogi produces cashew, Benue oranges. Both of them have done nowt to develop it for export or manufacturing
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by contigiency(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2019
Zansu007:
India please don't give them oooooo, apc wanna use it for vote buying.

Either way, buhari is a collective task.

The cabals is behind this loan.

Moderator, Kadriah Ahmed, cautioned Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, asking him to allow President Muhammadu Buhari express his personal view on the authenticity of a video depicting Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State allegedly receiving bribes from a contractor.

Buhari is finished.

EOD#

Stop talking like a school boy who hardly read to understand how governance works. Have you not noticed that Nigeria is equally borrowing and rendering aids to other countries? It's about economics of comparative advantage.

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Makawhizzy: 7:11am On Jan 18, 2019
When will we fund our own brilliant graduates on research and technology advancement so we can also be giving out loans to technology deprived countries?

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by larryking540: 7:13am On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:

Problem is, you can only run a successful agricultural export driven economy if you have a large number of commercial large scale farms.

In Nigeria, less than 10% of farmland is large scale commercial farms.

Also, most state governors are not interested in aggressively developing their agriculture subsector. Kogi and Benue are two good examples. Kogi produces cashew, Benue oranges. Both of them have done nowt to develop it for export or manufacturing

First the country have lands dat human foot have not step foot on for decades

The country nigeria are borrowing money from which I don't know how day pay back or wat d collateral is, ,i beleive 50% of the money given to dis country is from agriculture, it's just a pity and I still don't kw how I found my way here
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by IkemChris(m): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2019
Nigeria can borrow shaa. Hmmm grin grin
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by dingbang(m): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2019
Great!
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by akinbode1(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2019
God will save this country fro debt

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by rokoto1986(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2019
in d voice of victor AD, ruling party singing. if we nor sell dis country waiting we gain, if we nor sink dis country, waiting we gain, if we nor use the citizen take loan waiting we gain oh....

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by theoldpretender(m): 7:16am On Jan 18, 2019
larryking540:

First the country have lands dat human foot have not step foot on for decades

The country nigeria are borrowing money from which I don't know how day pay back or wat d collateral is, ,i beleive 50% of the money given to dis country is from agriculture, it's just a pity and I still don't kw how I found my way here

It is not a matter of having the lands

You have to have large scale farms which can produce a lot of crops for export.

Then you have to break into existing export markets.

Going back to agriculture issa goal, but this is not the 1960s when the UK bought most of our agricultural products
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 18, 2019
naijaguy123456:
I welcome it. PDP spent over one trillion on electricity and we all see the result, no light in Nigeria.
If it was a PDP government, the loan will be 1 billion, 900 million will go to individual pockets and 100 million for the job.
Ndigbo love you Baba 4+4 .
Can you calculate how much Buhari has borrowed since he came to power
Buhari NDI IGBO buru gi onu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by larryking540: 7:22am On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:

It is not a matter of having the lands

You have to have large scale farms which can produce a lot of crops for export.

Then you have to break into existing export markets.

Going back to agriculture issa goal, but this is not the 1960s when the UK bought most of our agricultural products

Is nigeria not capable of having a large scale farm
Come 2 edo state industry in the state is nothing to write about zero,,,,i don't know of other states, how many people plants with soil again in these foreign country's when people now use hydrophonic and aquaphonic planting method, ,,,
Nigeria is lost in every aspect of advancement,,completely lost
Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Arda1000(m): 7:25am On Jan 18, 2019
tsephanyah:
wetin concern atiku with the money APC wants to borrow and chop?

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Fweezy(m): 7:26am On Jan 18, 2019
Another useless move at this critical time of Buhari's tenure by this APC administration. Even though the APC kept crying wolf at past administration for doing things like this, now they are in power, this administration just like others before it in the past continues to borrow trillions and trillions of naira every year to fund national budget, payment of salaries for a corrupt and over-bloated civil service, payment of subsidy for fuel importation, distribution of dollars to a selected few government cronies whilst using the umbrella of development of infrastructure projects as a scam to deceive Nigerians. The other day I read some where that EFCC claimed that over 200 billion dollars has been stolen from the national coffers (without telling us who and who stole what and in which regime) through corruption in government from the 80's till date. How they arrived at this ridiculous figure through estimation and calculation within such a short period of time still baffles me. Somebody in government needs to do the same thing now with our past and current debt situation so we can know where we stand right now the reality we will be facing ahead. Whether we will become the next Venezuela sooner or later in the coming years. EFCC will not venture try this or else they are seeking to loose their jobs as this will clearly expose the rot in the government system. A transparent government would have told us in clear terms how previous loans taken have been utilized and how we intend to repay past and current debts given the projection of our current yearly revenue from the sale of crude oil going forward. Someone needs to tell us how much our total foreign debt stands, how much we repay every year and when we will begin to enjoy the dividends of the so-called infrastructure development they continue touting at us as a convenient excuse to continue more and more borrowing.
Its bad enough that we have been raped and ripped off our oil by the west in the past and early years of our democracy, now we are giving turns to the Chinese and Indians to come and ravage what is left by giving us loans with outrageous repayment interest and conditions, allowing their companies to come and set up shop so easily here and kill off competition from small businesses and local investors.
What right thinking government takes a loan for broadband connectivity when it has yet to solve the epileptic power supply problem nationwide.
Has anybody given thought to this or is this another plot to ensure that the power problem will never be fixed so that generator and generator part importers, fuel marketers and other beneficiaries of the power problem continue to hold the whole country to ransom whilst they keep smiling to the bank every year and feeding fat on government contracts and calling the rest of us fools?

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Zansu007: 7:33am On Jan 18, 2019
Ode, randering aid we are yet to rander aid to idp camp is neighboing countries we will now focus on.

You see how gullible you are? Wake up dumbass, the fund will be re looted and the rest for vote buying zombie

contigiency:

Stop talking like a school boy who hardly read to understand how governance works. Have you not noticed that Nigeria is equally borrowing and rendering aids to other countries? It's about economics of comparative advantage.

1 Like

Re: More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India by Henry1006(m): 7:34am On Jan 18, 2019
tsephanyah:
Shut the Bleep up biatch!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Well In Kano-photos / Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (photos) / Don’t Come To Rivers To Play Politics, Wike Charges New Rivers CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.