Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! (2731 Views)

9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos) / Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / VIN Tampering: A Case Study /Imgdump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by adeeva06(f): 7:40am On Jan 18, 2019
Okay. This is from a Corolla on jiji. The VIN says 09 and the year on top of it says 10 (picture below). Abeg, I am not understanding. Is this possible?

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by CarGuideNG: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2019
adeeva06:
Okay. This is from a Corolla on jiji. The VIN says 09 and the year on top of it says 10 (picture below). Abeg, I am not understanding. Is this possible?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by gigtrainee: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2019
adeeva06:

Biko which kind answer u need when u don answer am urself

Oga u donot need any explanation as u already have the answer

Vehicle is 09 and the seller on jiji posted 2010 for the Corolla.From the vin tag Vehicle is 09

You have ur answer

Contact me for free vin check
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by adeeva06(f): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2019
Thanks for the offer bro. I've got CarGuideNg all day.

Yes, the vehicle label was cloned/edited.

gigtrainee:

Vehicle is 09 and the seller on jiji posted 2010 for the Corolla.From the vin tag Vehicle is 09

You have ur answer

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by gigtrainee: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2019
Osenogbua

VIN cloning or car cloning, is a practice of using a vehicle identification number from a legally registered car to hide the identity of a stolen or salvaged vehicle

How come u came into conclusion that vehicle is cloned/edited

You have not inspected the vehicle and just came to conclusion

You think most sellers or middle man know the year or how to tell a year of a vehicle

It could probably be for sale profit

Don't be dogmatic

I hate it when u just post what u don't know

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by adeeva06(f): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
You are just being paranoid...lol. CarGuideNg already filled me in. Dude, go take water. Arindin

gigtrainee:
Osenogbua

VIN cloning or car cloning, is a practice of using a vehicle identification number from a legally registered car to hide the identity of a stolen or salvaged vehicle

How come u came into conclusion that vehicle is cloned/edited

You have not inspected the vehicle and just came to conclusion

You think most sellers or middle man know the year or how to tell a year of a vehicle

It could probably be for sale profit

Don't be dogmatic

I hate it when u just post what u don't know

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by gigtrainee: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
adeeva06:
You are just being paranoid...lol. CarGuideNg already filled me in. Dude, go take water. Arindin

U for talk say na advert u wan do for here

Someone behind one computer telling u something,all u do is to nod ur head without any further research

That's why I called u a dogmatic person.

You did not visit the dealer

You didn't check 9 places where u can find vin by Autojosh

You didn't check the Vehicle documents

You didn't scan the vehicle

You just come here and open that ur wide mouth to say it's bn cloned/edited

Which car dealer has that time to go and clone one vin becos of u

If not for the Aridin that posted 2010 on jiji

You are the bigger Aridin just that ur own is bigger than the poster on jiji

Amukumeko

8 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by Cosplay: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
gigtrainee:

Someone behind one computer telling u something,all u do is to nod ur head without any further research

Amukumeko

You're a funny guy. Reading your posts evokes mental imagery of a toddler splashing in a water bath.

The irony here is that you're actually the person making comments without enough information on the subject matter.

Take a closer look at the VIN sticker/label/tag the OP posted.

If you have even basic knowledge about VIN or VIN tags, several features should immediately stand out.

If you examine it again and nothing stands out, then you would do well to refrain from making any further comments.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by adeeva06(f): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Lol.

No, I won't contact you for free vin check. I will pay CarGuideNg a million times.

Who are you again?

gigtrainee:

Amukumeko
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by gigtrainee: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
Cosplay:

You're a funny guy. Reading your posts evokes mental imagery of a toddler splashing in a water bath.

The irony here is that you're actually the person making comments without enough information on the subject matter.

Take a closer look at the VIN sticker/label/tag the OP posted.

If you have even basic knowledge about VIN or VIN tags, several features should immediately stand out.

If you examine it again and nothing stands out, then you would do well to refrain from making any further comments.

You are quite ridiculous.
You have just depicted the highest level of stupidity by calling my comment ironical.
You are nothing but a smellfungus, only pillock would see what the op posted and choose to comment as you have done. VIN cloning/editing is quite a bold claim and there is nothing to suggest that it was done on the car. Nothing stands out as you and the OP have suggested. Your so called " knowledge of basic VIN or VIN tags" should also tell you the dealer posted the car as a 2010 instead of 09 for either ignorance or profit reasons.
If you are so cocksure, provide us with unequivocal proofs that this VIN was truly cloned/edited as the op claimed. I would have called you a cunt but you lack the warmth and depth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by gigtrainee: 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
adeeva06:
Lol.

No, I won't contact you for free vin check. I will pay CarGuideNg a million times.

Who are you again?

It's your prerogative to do as you deem fit.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by Cosplay: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
gigtrainee:

[s]You are quite ridiculous.
You have just depicted the highest level of stupidity by calling my comment ironical.
You are nothing but a smellfungus, only pillock would see what the op posted and choose to comment as you have done. VIN coding is quite a bold claim and there is nothing to suggest that it was done on the car. Nothing stands out as you and the OP has suggested. Your so called " knowledge of basic VIN or VIN tags" should also tell you the dealer posted the car as a 2010 instead of 09 for either ignorance or profit reasons.
If you are so cocksure, provide us with unequivocal proofs that this VIN was truly cloned/edited as the op claimed. I would have called you a cunt but you lack the warmth and depth. [/s]

So many words, so little sense.

Close to 24 hours and this steaming pile of bovine excrement is all you could come up with? I imagined you were dimwitted, but the true extent has now become apparent.

The OP has received a logical answer to her inquiry from someone who apparently has a lot more sense then you do, so any further comments you make here would simply be ramblings from a disastrously vapid mind.

Regarding your frankly insipid request to come up with "proofs", if you've had so much time to examine that tag and your subnormal intelligence has got you nowhere, then let the following words sink in:

GAZZUZZ:

My uncle always says "it is not my job to educate you"

It really is not.

But I will indulge you. Simply because we should all do our part to correct ignorance wherever we may come across it.

Simply answer the following.

Both answers would be apparent from looking at the VIN sticker, for anyone who has the relevant knowledge.

a. What was the date of manufacture of this vehicle?

Not the Model Year. The Month and Year of Manufacture.

b. What country was this vehicle manufactured in?

c. What was the original colour the vehicle was manufactured in?

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by adeeva06(f): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
That guy is just so gullible. Many words but very very low IQ.

The guy who posted on jiji has taken the ad down after he made his findings too. Yes, he was just a middle man.

Cosplay:

So many words, so little sense.

Close to 24 hours and this steaming pile of bovine excrement is all you could come up with? I imagined you were dimwitted, but the true extent has now become apparent.

The OP has received a logical answer to her inquiry from someone who apparently has a lot more sense then you do, so any further comments you make here would simply be ramblings from a disastrously vapid mind.

Regarding your frankly insipid request to come up with "proofs", if you've had so much time to examine that tag and your subnormal intelligence has got you nowhere, then let the following words sink in:

It really is not.

But I will indulge you. Simply because we should all do our part to correct ignorance wherever we may come across it.

Simply answer the following.

Both answers would be apparent from looking at the VIN sticker, for anyone who has the relevant knowledge.

a. What was the date of manufacture of this vehicle?

Not the Model Year. The Month and Year of Manufacture.

b. What country was this vehicle manufactured in?

c. What was the original colour the vehicle was manufactured in?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by adeeva06(f): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
You are so depressed. It's okay, you can let it out. Just don't get yourself killed.

gigtrainee:

You are quite ridiculous.
You are nothing but a smellfungus, only pillock would see what the op posted and choose to comment as you have done. VIN cloning/editing is quite a bold claim and there is nothing to suggest that it was done on the car. Nothing stands out as you and the OP have suggested. Your so called " knowledge of basic VIN or VIN tags" should also tell you the dealer posted the car as a 2010 instead of 09 for either ignorance or profit reasons.
If you are so cocksure, provide us with unequivocal proofs that this VIN was truly cloned/edited as the op claimed. I would have called you a cunt but you lack the warmth and depth.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by JimiCoker2: 10:09am On May 17, 2019
gigtrainee:

You have ur answer

Hello, pls help me check this VIN 4T1BE32K25UO74283
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by renewijaya: 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2021
Go here in case you want to do VIN check yourself by log into VinPit. There have been no better alternatives as I have searched for them multiple times. It really works well. Let me know how it goes for you on your end. Thanks.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain This VIN Label? It's Weird! by renewijaya: 9:16am On Aug 14, 2021
In case you are wondering how I managed to secure a good deal on my used car purchase, I used VIN decoder like this one previously. Thus I got most records available and able to stand on my ground.

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Car Brands With Best Chilling Air-conditioning System / Tyre Edge Eroding & Peeling Mysteriously / Expert Advice Needed:check Engine light Keeps Coming on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.