Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Is The US Not Telling Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The US Not Telling Us? (2250 Views)

Buy More Dollars Gentlemen, Tinubu's Men are not telling us the truth / People Who Voted For Ikpeazu Twice Are Telling Us To Vote Wisely. / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
First of all, I would like to congratulate the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar for changing the dynamics of his campaign by securing a US visa.

Elections are fast approaching and like the 2016 US presidential election, the Nigerian electorate are stuck between choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. Buhari, truth be told, has become a senile old man. A man who believes Nigerians should vote for him just because his party nominated him as their flag bearer. After reading the transcript of his interview with Kadaria Ahmed and his blunders at the campaign rally in Delta state yesterday, I now completely understand Trump's lifeless comment.
Atiku on the other hand is one of the few individuals who are the reason we're described as fantastically corrupt. A man is literally buying his way to the presidency. A friend says "Atiku is corrupt by blood and orientation. He was part the Nigerian Customs." In 2004, the then President Bush barred Atiku and other corrupt politically exposed persons from being issued visa to the United States. Now we all know Donald Trump is....whats the word I'm looking for here.... Bullheaded! So bullheaded that he would scrap the ban enforced by George W. Bush on Atiku and even go as far as offering him accommodation in his luxurious hotel in Washington DC.

It is a slap on the faces of millions of Nigerians that the US couldn't make an official statement on Atiku's re-entry into the US. If it was a presidential pardon, don't we have the right to know? Isn't the $40 million that he was accused of laundering not Nigeria's money? The United States NEVER bargain a deal without its planned advantage and upper hand at the detriment of ignorant Nigerians. What does the US stand to gain by subtly endorsing Atiku?

Let me remind you quickly that we've seen this before, in 2015 when the US under Obama also subtly threw its weight behind Buhari(Obasanjo did too). Nigerians were head over heels and gushing over Buhari with 'Change' on everyone's lips. Now, it is just with a different candidate. If all the students out of school because of strike, all the students out of school because they cannot secure university admission, and all the graduates without jobs come out en masse to vote for Sowore, for example, it would rid this country of the history of recycling incompetent and thieving leaders.

I hope by 2023, we'll have gotten it right because right now, regardless of the outcome of the elections, we still haven't.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by femidejulius(m): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
The US does not bar anyone for visiting based on mere allegations of corruption. They do that only for political reasons. The US will in fact either grant people who have cases to answer their visas if they apply or simply ask that such persons be extridited.

In other not to offend Obasanjo who US government has strong ties with, they simply sacrificed Atiku by denying him visa. When Obasanjo approved Atiku, the US quickly acted in the same manner, granting Atiku visa. Note that in previous elections where Atiku has contested, the US did not grant Atiku visa because of Obasanjo.

We don't love Obasanjo but he is today the most internationally respected Nigerian leader. The US value the relationship with him. This is the bitter truth that many will find difficult to swallow.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by socialmediaman: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
Probably the deal was to lodge in Trump’s hotel thereby generating income/profit for Trump.
Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by magoo10(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
The US will only view Nigeria govt as a group of confused unserious people.

Uptil date the Buhari government nor efcc does not have a single corruption case against atiku yet they expect the US to bar him.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by DauraIsAGoal: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pained Yoruba Muslim

5 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by buharitill2023: 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2019
thief atiku can never be to US,
if he do, he can never return and if he returns, that means he did not step his foot on America soil.
Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by newbornmacho(m): 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
See painment grin
go and kee yaself

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by IamAtikulate: 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
Yoruba moslem kpele

5 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Toks2008(m): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
If he likes let him travel all over the world...Atiku is hopelessly corrupt and not an option...

“a leopard never changes its spots”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SaiAtikuTill203: 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
if PDP are thieves then APC are armed Robbers, if PDP are criminals then APC are terrorists, if PDP are corrupt then APC are lucifers... *
If Nigerians are not hypocrites, why are we supporting Baba to neclect ASUU, even if ASUU have faults yets we are the end-victims. What has change since 2015 on *Education, Health, Social welfare, Transportaion & local security?.*
-Let's learn to say the truth especially on issues that affect our *lives, governance and collective affairs.* Nobody can brainwash me into believing things that all of us know were political lies aimed at continuous domination of the people.
-Buhari is human, can make mistakes. He is sorrounded by both good and bad, selfless and selfish, transparent and corrupt people, why then are we acting as if he is God? when*Insecurity, systematic corruption, poor condition and selective prosecution* are like Jonathan Era.
Say, think and do what you feel is right, but *because many will never forgive him for his inability to truly protect the people.* Many people have paid & are still paying Millions of Naira as Ransom to Kidnappers, *will Buhari compensate them?,* since he cannot provide adequate security?.
-We voted him because we thought he is better than Jonathan, but he allowed the *Tinubus, Osinbajos, Fasholas* and others to be control him Indirectly. He is no more the *"Action GMB"*
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER NIGERIA
ON ATIKUOBI MANDATE WE
ZOMBIES A. K. A IDIOTIC PIGS OF BUHARI CAN RANT

4 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SaiAtikuTill203: 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Toks2008:

If he likes let him travel all over the world...Atiku is hopelessly corrupt and not an option...

can you get your bucket of crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth already
Have you heard Oshiomole or any of your leaders talk about Atiku US ban anymore? You BMCs know nothing aswear.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SaiAtikuTill203: 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
if he do, he can never return and if he returns, that means he did not step his foot on America soil.
E don pain your zombierudeen skull no be small.
Buhari is the new Father Christmas in town!
First, he gave Guinea Bissau $500,000 last week, and he has now approved a grant of 1 billion dollar for Sudan to enable them fight famine.
This is a country that can't pay 30k naira minimum wage. A country that has been designated as the poverty capital of the world fighting poverty in another land.
A country that has been borrowing and even trying to sell of its assets to finance a budget is giving to another country.
A country that doesn't suffer famine, but its citizens are very hungry.
This grant to a great extent revalidates the Jubrin saga!
BUHARILOOTER must be voted out at all cost!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Nigerians will never change. Imagine folks on this thread labelling me pained or Yoruba Muslim! I'm pained because we're doing the same thing all over again.

Joseph De Maistre, the French philosopher said, "In a democracy, people get the leaders they deserve".

1 Like

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Ziggylady(f): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Earthbound:
First of all, I would like to congratulate the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar for changing the dynamics of his campaign by securing a US visa.

Elections are fast approaching and like the 2016 US presidential election, the Nigerian electorate are stuck between choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. Buhari, truth be told, has become a senile old man. A man who believes Nigerians should vote for him just because his party nominated him as their flag bearer. After reading the transcript of his interview with Kadaria Ahmed and his blunders at the campaign rally in Delta state yesterday, I now completely understand Trump's lifeless comment.
Atiku on the other hand is one of the few individuals who are the reason we're described as fantastically corrupt. A man is literally buying his way to the presidency. A friend says "Atiku is corrupt by blood and orientation. He was part the Nigerian Customs." In 2004, the then President Bush barred Atiku and other corrupt politically exposed persons from being issued visa to the United States. Now we all know Donald Trump is....whats the word I'm looking for here.... Bullheaded! So bullheaded that he would scrap the ban enforced by George W. Bush on Atiku and even go as far as offering him accommodation in his luxurious hotel in Washington DC.

It is a slap on the faces of millions of Nigerians that the US couldn't make an official statement on Atiku's re-entry into the US. If it was a presidential pardon, don't we have the right to know? Isn't the $40 million that he was accused of laundering not Nigeria's money? The United States NEVER bargain a deal without its planned advantage and upper hand at the detriment of ignorant Nigerians. What does the US stand to gain by subtly endorsing Atiku?

Let me remind you quickly that we've seen this before, in 2015 when the US under Obama also subtly threw its weight behind Buhari(Obasanjo did too). Nigerians were head over heels and gushing over Buhari with 'Change' on everyone's lips. Now, it is just with a different candidate. If all the students out of school because of strike, all the students out of school because they cannot secure university admission, and all the graduates without jobs come out en masse to vote for Sowore, for example, it would rid this country of the history of recycling incompetent and thieving leaders.

I hope by 2023, we'll have gotten it right because right now, regardless of the outcome of the elections, we still haven't.

Mynd44

US has nothing to prove to you and your evil failed propaganda-ridden Party called APC.

OBIdiently Atikulated. cool

3 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SalamRushdie: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
First of all there was never any presidential executive order banning Atiku , Atiku was only on a list of People of interest that shouldn't be given US Visas!!!! And the 40 million dollars in question was a payment made to the American university who are technical partners to Atiku Abti university and it's not as if the money was stolen from any govt account ...The only problem the Americans had was the way the money was first sent to Jeniffer before being sent to the American university...The funds were never siezed neither was the American university stopped from receiving the payment and going on with the partnership whichbstill stands till date...please get it facts right sir

5 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SaiAtikuTill203: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
Earthbound:

Nigerians will never change. Imagine most folks on this thread labelling a me pained or Yoruba Muslim! I'm pained because we're doing the same thing all over again.

Joseph De Maistre, the French philosopher said, "In a democracy, people get the leaders they deserve".
am sure the number of people that will commit suicide on this atiku visit will be more than the votes buhari will get in the election.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by buharitill2023: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
magoo10:
The US will only view Nigeria govt as a group of confused unserious people.

Uptil date the Buhari government nor efcc does not have a single corruption case against atiku yet they expect the US to bar him.
why was he afraid to enter US for the past 13yrs if thief atiku was not guilty and why will sen Jefferson be jail for the past 13yrs.
think deep and say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by buharitill2023: 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
SalamRushdie:
First of all there was never any presidential executive order banning Atiku , Atiku was only on a list of People of interest that shouldn't be given US Visas!!!! And the 40 million dollars in question was a payment made to the American university who are technical partners to Atiku Abti university and it's not as if the money was stolen from any govt account ...The only problem the Americans had was the way the money was first sent to Jeniffer before being sent to the American university...The funds were never siezed neither was the American university stopped from receiving the payment and going on with the partnership whichbstill stands till date...please get it facts right sir
who gave thief atiku $40m, thief obj was aware that thief atiku stole the money.
Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by manuelzz(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Confusion and Sifia painss in the devilish camp of zone bees.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SalamRushdie: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
who gave thief atiku $40m, thief obj was aware that thief atiku stole the money.

Small mind do you know how much Intel's was spinning for Atiku then in a day ?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by id911(m): 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
Earthbound:

Mynd44

BMC go cry tire using different means to try to confuse the gullibles... Sorry bro!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Codes151(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
Let pmb and wife clear their name on the Halliburton scandal

1 Like

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by buharitill2023: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Small mind do you know how much Intel's was spinning for Atiku then in a day ?
hahahahahahahahahaha, jesus!.
i knew you will fall into my trap,
when did he get Intel contract, how much has he ever remit to Nigeria.
who gave him $300m he give to adenuga, who gave thief atiku $250m start Intel and $200m for bank PHB. who gave thief atiku the money for NDTV.
thief atiku is not yet serious to be Nigeria president.
how much tax has thief atiku ever paid to Nigeria.
thief obj knows thief atiku very well,

1 Like

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by SalamRushdie: 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
hahahahahahahahahaha, jesus!.
i knew you will fall into my trap,
when did he get Intel contract, how much has he ever remit to Nigeria.
who gave him $300m he give to adenuga, who gave thief atiku $250m start Intel and $200m for bank PHB. who gave thief atiku the money for NDTV.
thief atiku is not yet serious to be Nigeria president.
how much tax has thief atiku ever paid to Nigeria.
thief obj knows thief atiku very well,

Intel's was never started with 250 million dollars neither was it started by Atiku ..Intels was started by an Italian call Gabrielle Volpi on 1984 and Atiku was only made a partner because of the assistance he gave the unknown gabrielle volpi then ... Intel's hit it big in 1987 when it started to run the Nigerian waterways logistics and from the point Atiku became a multi millionaire ...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Gulher: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Atiku is in the US, get over it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by pimako: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
apc dont have a problem with a criminal like mc oluomo going to us but they have with atiku

2 Likes

Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ziggylady:

US has nothing to prove to you and your evil failed propaganda-ridden Party called APC.

OBIdiently Atikulated. cool
If you read the article with just half of your brains, you'd know I'm for neither.

PDP zombies are almost worse than APC zombies. Spits
Re: What Is The US Not Telling Us? by mushystuff: 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
buharitill2023:

Continue! Zombie international FC

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN: Presidential, Senatorial Result Sheets For Kwara Found In FCT / Guber Poll: Why Gov. Wike Is Begging Buhari To Join APC – Eze / See What Nigerian Youths Are Doing Under Buhari's Twitter Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.