Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? (19056 Views)

PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) / About Nigeria Institute Of Safety Professionals Courses And Trainings / Nigerian Institute Of Management Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by Hunwa(f): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
Hi People, does anyone have a first-hand experience of the processes involved in becoming a member of the NISP? Also how relevant is it in the oill & gas and manufacturing sectors? Responses will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by kunle4u(m): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
yah is very much relevant it depends on your fields of study, qualification, interest and determination in the so much lucrative safety business.if you are a graduate of engineering and science related field you will write their level 2 &3 before sitting for their membership exams.but if not you write Gen hse and level 3.for more info visit www.nispnigeria.com
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by Hunwa(f): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2010
@kunle4u, really appreciate your response. I am a microbiologist and presently work with a manufaturing company and was wondering how applicable it will be in that sector.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by menipo(m): 11:57am On Jun 03, 2011
@kunle4u you tried but maybe you may need to elaborate more. Like what do i stand to gain by doing the course. Places i could work, the potentials for me for both Social science students and Engineering students alike. Please that would help. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by Christ4me: 10:59am On Jun 04, 2013
Pls guys, I also need info on this. A graduate of Pol Sci. I Work with an insurance broker, but wish to work directly in the upstream oil/gas. Where do I start and what are the courses I must take on safety? what are the prospects for me?
Aside the oil/gas sector, are there lucrative opportunities in other sectors and what are these sectors?

Responses will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by SaintChukz(m): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
Christ4me: Pls guys, I also need info on this. A graduate of Pol Sci. I Work with an insurance broker, but wish to work directly in the upstream oil/gas. Where do I start and what are the courses I must take on safety? what are the prospects for me?
Aside the oil/gas sector, are there lucrative opportunities in other sectors and what are these sectors?

Responses will be appreciated.

Thanks.
@ Christ4me seriously Don't tell me you are considering a career in the upstream oil/gas sector with a degree in pol. science. In what capacity do you really intend to function..huh? Political engineering or what..? Come on with your discipline the likely areas you can even look forth to in the upstream sector should be HR, Administration, Contracts and tender and the likes. The business of the upstream is mostly handled by the Engineers and Science-based professionals. And what exactly would you be needing a safety certificate for? Do you intend working offshore in the field with your qualification? As what..? Driller..?Tool pusher..? Or as Drilling Engineer? Then you should go back to school to get the relevant degree for that and you shouldn't have taken your current degree. Look with your current paper, a role within commercial and not technical would be the only and proper best fit for you within the upstream oil/gas sector. Or at best you take your chances at the much less technical downstream sector, no i don't think that's what you want to hear. You are simply motivated by the mullar...hmm who doesn't want Oil money? But i will honestly put it straight to you, your ambitions are highly skewed and widely polarized, because it's the perfect example of a round peg in a square hole. "Oil Money" is really Tempting......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by Christ4me: 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2013
Saint Chukz, I appreciate your time and energy. At least you showed you could read and write. Do you know this man: Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede. Sure you don't but would say you do. Just Google. What did he study - 1st degree and what is he now. Enlighten yourself before you pass judgement. It pays. Thanks all the same. I appreciate you.
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by disc20: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
I like this thread, concerning the high relevancy this topic to career development. I want to ask you fello nairalanders, can somebody with bsc in human physiology and HSE certificates have relevance in the upstream sector?
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by janjon: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
Plz I need you guys to en-lighting me more on HSC. I studied Surveying and geoinformatics Engineering... which of the courses do you think I put in for. im a fresh graduate
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by tmanuelle(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
janjon: Plz I need you guys to en-lighting me more on HSC. I studied Surveying and geoinformatics Engineering... which of the courses do you think I put in for. im a fresh graduate

It's not HSC, it's HSE (Health, Safety and Environment)

You don't really need HSE, you should enhance your B.Sc with certificate course(s) in the GIS field.

Goto RECTAS @ Ile-Ife. RECTAS is the Regional Centre for Training in Aerospace Surveys. http://www.rectas.org/short%20term%20courses.htm

Hope its helpful, good luck.
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by Jusome: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
hi guys...i av 9years experience in fire profession...i studied Physics with a very good result...wil NISP boost my career opportunity...especially in oil field...am curently wrking wit fire service
Re: Nigerian Institute Of Safety Professionals - How Relevant? by harbayo20(m): 7:30am On May 09, 2018
Jusome:
hi guys...i av 9years experience in fire profession...i studied Physics with a very good result...wil NISP boost my career opportunity...especially in oil field...am curently wrking wit fire service
Oga well-done sir
Of course I heard it will surely boost it
I'm also trying to apply for fire service ...how easy is it and what's the kinda startup salary for a bsc holder
Thanks in advance for the response

(1) (Reply)

Is An MBA Prestigious In Nigeria? / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn / What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.